/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Timelines CHAPTER 1 | KidPub Press //
Timelines CHAPTER 1

Timelines CHAPTER 1

Posted May 10th, 2021 by Not_Jello

by Theresia
in Earth

1  

It was 6:30 A.M. and Florence Miller was waking up to go to school, it was Friday, August 19th and it was the first day of term. She was tired, she had a test for the start of school after the summer. She was studying until 2:08 A.M. and fell asleep at 3:24 A.M.

The fact she had to go back to school was exhausting – she was bullied and everyone annoyed her. She had glasses and freckles so she was classed as a “stupid nerd” which wasn’t the case because she never actually listened or took notes in class. All she did was draw and write in her sketchbook. The only subject she really paid attention to was writing and any other subject, she had her notebook, ready to learn absolutely NOTHING. She always knew the answer to everything, even maths. She was like a human calculator, or spelling machine.

“Well, time to return to school, I guess.” She muttered silently under her breath. She stood on the floor and went to her closet, as she walked the floor creaked, making a loud noise that could wake anything up – anything except the dead. Her roommate, Jamie woke up. Jamie and Florence were college roommates. They had known each other since the start of college. At first meet they hated each other but then they got paired as roommates so they had to get along. They finally became friends.

“Florence?” Jamie yawned whilst rubbing her eyes, then she stood up to go get coffee. Florence was left alone in the room and got changed. Now you might be wondering, who stays in the college dorm during summer break? Probably because the college they go to allows it on the day before the start of term.

4 hours later they left for class. The corridors were loud and crowded. Florence spoke to Jamie over the noise. “So I said to him…” the bell rang. The halls got quieter and they all started walking as if they were NPCs. All of them except Jamie and Florence. “Jamie what is happening?” Florence said, without hesitation. Jamie went silent and stopped along with the others. There was a hum of noise, a noise that could sound like the power turning back on and everything went normal. It was the same. Florence tripped backwards on a piece of paper, she looked and it was a note that said ‘If you find this note, watch your step.’ Florence looked at it with a quizzical look on her face and ignored it – it couldn’t mean anything, right?

She entered the classroom and everything seemed… blue. As blue as a clear sky. It then flicked to the class colours. Florence looked out of the window, no real reason. There was hailstones and rain, but it was making no sound. The class was as still as NPCs once again. This time Jamie spoke. “What’s happening?! Do you see this, Florence? They’re all NPCs, well… they look like NPCs, are we in a game?” Jamie asked. Florence nodded as if to say ‘Yeah… I see it too.’ A small gust of wind hit the class, causing everything to go normal again. Florence and Jamie were in a constant loop of this happening all day, and eventually got used to it. “I’m gonna go get a McDonald’s!” Florence said. Jamie waved goodbye. That’s when it happened…

Florence was watching TikToks, not paying any attention to the road. This causes people to get hit by cars, you know. And that’s what happened. There was a car dashing right at her. When Florence it was way past too late. She fell into an open drain.

See more stories by Theresia
wow,  you are an amazing

wow,  you are an amazing writer!! can't wait for chapter two. 

Posted by Lana on Mon, 05/10/2021 - 09:33
"She had glasses and

"She had glasses and freckles so she was classed as a “stupid nerd”"

If people are calling her a stupid nerd, they're the stupid ones, as I'm sure you know. Nerds are not stupid. That is an oxymoron. 

I have a handle on what Florence looks like, but could use some Jamie description as well.

It is not clear whether Jamie is immune to the NPC-zombie-thing. She seems to be, but there was one moment where she "went silent and stopped along with the others." 

Did Florence fall into the open drain because she was hit by the car, or did she dodge being hit by the car and fall into the drain?

I agree with Lana--you have skills. I look forward to watching you get even better. 

Posted by Gracithe1andonly on Mon, 05/10/2021 - 10:31
Well, I'm sorry for the

Well, I'm sorry for the confusion, Florence would fall in the drain either way, hit by a car or not. It was still in front of her and she wasn't paying attention.

Jamie has golden brown hair and grey eyes with a red headband. 

Now for the immune thing, I am going to explain as much as I can to make it clear as possible. No, Jamie is not immune, but she can see it too no matter what, let's just say that the person who wrote the note is sort of "dead", giving them freedom to do pretty much anything such as posess, control, and mostly anything. They used control on the school. And the part where Jamie wasn't being controlled was more of a malfunction. I won't say any more, I hope this made it more clear.

Posted by Theresia on Tue, 05/11/2021 - 03:27
Thank you for

Thank you for clarifying! 

(Did you mean for it to be funny that Florence was on TikTok while crossing the street? Because I found it funny and wanted to know if that was your intention)

Posted by Tía Snow on Tue, 05/11/2021 - 18:01
I didn't intend it to be

I didn't intend it to be funny, but if you find it funny then I ain't gonna stop you XD

Posted by Theresia on Wed, 05/12/2021 - 03:07