/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ two things from two days | KidPub Press //
two things from two days

two things from two days

Posted April 19th, 2017 by Swallowtail

by
in the depths of the internet

on september tenth, it was ninety degrees and cloudy, and the moutains surrounded us in rolling green.

the clouds were dark and heavy like bruises, and i sat on the stairs with lemonade and a sundress and watched them.

i walked to a building i'd never seen before with a girl i'd never seen before, and later she grabbed my hand and cut almost the entire lunch line with me.

a friend with a shaved head and a bright red dress kissed her on the cheek and invited me to go to the river, so i did.

we got icecream first, strawberry and cheap, then walked through an old cemetary singing.

i was led through ruins by a girl with scars on her arms and legs, who offered me her lemonade and told me to join chorus.

i sat on the wide and worn rocks with kids i'd never seen before, and looked down the lively river and up at the bruised sky, and i was happy.

on september eleventh i watched light slowly filter into the room until at seven, the girl i'd never seen before's alarm went off.

i discovered that the air conditioning only really worked in the bathroom when it was already cold, and that it made a loud whirring noise.

the girl i'd never seen before walked me up to the main house and taught me the code for the gate house, 0813.

i ate waffles with a loud hockey fan who'd been up even earlier than me, and a d&d nerd who knew one of my friends from home.

i sat on a tire swing with a kid who'd been moving around his whole life, and we laughed at a boy on his unicycle.

i met faculty and their pets with two girls who lived on the third floor, who let me borrow their clothes for formal dinner.

i stood in the woods with a candle and when i blew it out, someone whispered "welcome" in my ear, and i was happy.

but, of course, it wasn't this way for long.

See more stories by
Oh, this was such a good

Oh, this was such a good start. I wish the relationships could have stayed this way. But it is in the nature of these things to evolve. (sigh)

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* on Thu, 04/20/2017 - 17:45
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

Posted by nutmeg (swallowtail) on Sun, 04/23/2017 - 20:05