/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimataniam 3: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 14) | KidPub Press //
Ultimataniam 3: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 14)

Posted September 30th, 2017 by QuartzMaster

by qU@2T$m@$t32

Next chapter. Enjoy.

/----------

----------/

The guy with blue scaly armor and a giant blue sword stared deeply into Lagi and Ivory’s eyes, showing pure hatred. His sword was giant, as big as a Lagiacrus’s tail.

“At last… I have found you, filthy animals.” He said in disgust, as he gripped his sword’s handle tight.

“Well, I never thought it would end like this.” Lagi said as he slowly backed up.

“Neither did I.” Ivory said, also backing up.

“Yes, yes, now you see!” He said, “it is now YOU filthy animals who are running away from me now! For I am the Lagiacrus Killer!” Then he added with quieter voice. “Or Lagikiller for short.”

“Wait, so you were once running away from us?” Lagi asked.

“Yes, it was 14 years ago.” Lagikiller replied.

“Why were you running from us?” Lagi asked.

“You’re monsters! You’re deadly and are predators! And I was the prey! But then I reversed it, by meeting the others.” Lagikiller replied.

“What others?” Lagi asked.

“The other Monster Hunters.” Lagikiller answered, “we hunt monsters and put their lives to an end. We each have a goal, to kill certain monsters, and I will claim the title, the Legendary Monster Hunter, for putting an entire race of monsters to an end! To make them extinct!”

“So, your life goal is to commit mass genocide? Really? That’s sad.” Lagi said as he shook his head.

“Not as sad as your life, running from me all the time.” Lagikiller replied, “your kind are monsters, filthy animals, and must die.”

“I’m pretty sure you’re wrong about the first thing. I only figured out you live less than a year ago. In fact, really just about one month ago. Wait, no. You only came into my life like, two days ago.” Lagi explained.

“You won’t even have a life, in about an hour.” Lagikiller said.

“Why not one minute? Why spend one hour?” Lagi asked.

“Well. Because of reasons.” Lagikiller replied.

“What are those reasons?” Lagi asked.

Lagikiller tilted his head towards his sword. He didn’t say anything.

Lagi looked over to his right, where Ivory was slowly sneaking away behind Lagikiller.

“So uh… have you thought about that reason yet?” Lagi asked, looking straight at Lagikiller. “Because I’m thinking about just getting back in the cage I’m so bored.”

Lagikiller then took his sword, and spun around quickly, hitting Ivory far away like a golf ball.

Lagi fell down on the ground.

“What’s the matter?” Lagikiller asked.

Lagi was silent.

“Is something wrong?” Lagikiller asked.

Lagi was still silent.

“Do you just wanna die and get this over with?” Lagikiller asked.

“You…” Lagi muttered.

Lagikiller stayed silent, waiting for Lagi to finish what he was saying.

“You…” Lagi muttered again. “You… will…”

“I will what?” Lagikiller mocked.

Lagi stood up. “You… will… die for your doings.”

“Oh please. Your whole kind couldn’t touch me, even when they all attacked me! Do you really think that YOU alone will be able to kill me?” Lagikiller rasped.

“I… have something they didn’t.” Lagi started to explain. “I have rage. I have a father, mother, and friend dead because of you. I, have a reason to hold nothing back. I, have an Ultimate Crystal.” Lagi held up his hand, and an orb of water appeared above it. He suddenly thrust his hand forward, and the water grew as it shot forwards toward Lagikiller’s head.

“Seriously? I have an Ultimate Crystal too, which is how I got the power to destroy your home.” Lagikiller replied, “I went underwater to do that! Water is uneffective against me.”

“I know many people who have dived deeper than any living person, just to kill something. They had no Ultimate Crystal, and they succeeded. Your crystal has nothing to do with it.” Lagi explained.

“But to kill an entire race alone? That has to do with the crystal.” Lagikiller replied.

“I don’t care if you killed an entire planet underwater, you still killed the ones who matter most. The innocent ones. For that, you should die.” Lagi said.

“Heh heh…” a smile appeared on Lagikiller’s face, he then began laughing.

“Why laugh? Does it please you to be told you killed an entire race? That you may have put an entire ecosystem at risk? Is that the kind of stuff that pleases a monster like you?” Lagi asked.

“Apparently, yes. It’s called revenge as well.” Lagikiller replied, “I was once told, ‘Treat a monster like a monster’, which is what I am doing.”

“Only a person like you would listen to that. I can tell, you must have had a horrible childhood or something, and you just take out your rage on someone, or something. And when you hear that, you think, ‘something I can get revenge on!’!” Lagi yelled at Lagikiller.

“Yes, yes, revenge on your kind.” Lagikiller agreed.

“So, have you thought of why you want to spare me for one hour yet?” Lagi asked.

“I already knew from the very beginning.” Lagikiller said.

“So why?” Lagi asked.

“Because.” Lagikiller took out a piece of paper and a pen, “first sign this.”

“Uh, why?” Lagi asked. “And what is it?”

“You are the last one, so before I kill you, sign it so I can show off to the other Monster Hunters. It’s evidence that I did wipe out a whole species.” Lagikiller explained.

“No, I can’t. There’s still one living. And it’s not me.” Lagi explained.

“But they’ll die eventually, so it still counts.” Lagikiller said, holding out the paper and pen to Lagi, “now sign it.”

“Why? I wouldn’t be the last one.” Lagi said. “So my signature would be invalid.”

“It’s better than taking your head to them.” Lagikiller said, “everyone else is dead.”

“But there’s still one more, besides me. So you need theirs too.” Lagi explained.

“Ivory is dead, I already killed her before when she was trying to sneak away. You are the last.” Lagikiller said.

“No, there’s still one more.” Lagi said, starting to grin.

“What do you mean? I remember every single one of your kind. I know all their names, and they’re all dead.” Lagikiller replied.

“Well then, you remembered wrong. There’s still one left, and I know them. And they’re alive.” Lagi explained.

“AHA!” said a voice.

They both turn and see the TV screen, with the man from before on it.

“Laro Acrus! Lagi’s uncle! He’s the other one!” The man said on the TV.

“What.” Lagikiller said, “there is no Laro Acrus!”

“Yeah there is. He owns Acrus Inc. and he left Lagi’s kingdom before you showed up to kill them all.” The man said. “Oh and by the way, you owe me some Ultims.”

“You will get your Ultims later.” Lagikiller said, before turning to Lagi, “now, Lagi, as I said before, sign this.”

“But it would still be invalid. I’m not the last one.” Lagi explained again.

“Do you think I care?” Lagikiller asked, “I don’t, I’m getting kind of sick of this hunting, I don’t want to have to go look for the last. Pretend you’re the last, and sign the dang paper!”

“But Lagi refused.” Lagi narrated.

Lagikiller sighed.

“Why am I doing this. Why do I even care about a signature. I almost forgot about REVENGE!” Lagikiller shouted, holding his giant sword above his head.

“Finally, the dialogue ends. That was a long conversation.” Lagi sighed.

“Now how do you expect to live? If I swing my sword at you, you’ll die, my sword cuts through your skin like a knife would cut through cheese.” Lagikiller replied.

Lagi thought for a second. “I think that I’ll just leave now.” Lagi said as he took a few steps to the side.

Lagikiller then stabbed his sword into the ground, shaking it. A blue barrier appeared, and grew bigger and bigger until it covered the whole building.

“You can’t escape now.” Lagikiller said.

“Too bad.” Lagi said.

“TOO BAD YOUR FACE!” Lagikiller shouted, swinging his sword, and cutting part of Lagi’s cheek, causing it to bleed.

“Well, I never thought I would be tortured by a psychopath with a giant sword. I can scratch that off of the bucket list.” Lagi laughed as he covered his wound.

“But wait. We still have… 55 more minutes until your death. So… be patient.” Lagikiller said.

“Don't worry, I'll be patient. After all, there isn't much left to do.” Lagi said. “Or anyone that can help me, because you'd just kill them, too. Monster.”

“Heh.” Lagikiller said back, “it’s funny how you call me a monster.”

“Well, I'm just stating the obvious. You are a monster, and you know it.” Lagi growled.

“Not necessarily. I think it’s time to tell you the truth.” Lagikiller replied.

“What do you mean?” Lagi asked.

“I-I’m not the real Lagikiller.” Lagikiller said.

“W-what?! What do you mean, you're not the real Lagikiller?” Lagi asked in shock.

“That's why I said you’ll wait for an hour. Because in an hour, that's when the real Lagikiller comes.” Lagikiller replied, “I’m just, lets just say the truth, the guy who captured you to get paid.”

“I… then how are you doing all of that? The barrier, the weapon… how?!” Lagi demanded.

“Well, you’re in my building. It’s all digital effect, to keep you from escaping. Ivory isn’t dead, the digital effect just showed that. She’s just in another cage.” The guy pretending to be Lagikiller said.

“I… I'll… I'll still kill you to get out of here.” Lagi growled.

“How about, instead, we make a deal?” The guy asked.

“I thought you weren't into deals?” Lagi asked.

“That was before I knew how you ‘felt’ about Lagikiller.” The guy said, “now that I’ve heard what you said, I have different thoughts of my actions.”

“So, what is the deal?” Lagi asked.

“If you stop escaping, when Lagikiller gets here…” the guy started, “I’ll try to trick him. I’ll use the digital effects to make a fake version of you and Ivory while you escape. Therefor I get the money, and you live, and Lagikiller gets ripped off.”

“But why? Why do you want to help us?” Lagi asked. “Why risk his anger?”

“Well, obviously, what he is doing is wrong. You aren’t monsters, you’re human beings too. And you have rights, and you can think for yourself.” The guy said, “just because you’re ‘different’ doesn’t mean that you aren’t treated the same.”

“Dang, you should go to some sort of anti racism thing someday.” Lagi said. “Anyways, yeah. I'll stop escaping.”

“Good. Anyway, you probably are wondering what my real name is?” The guy asked.

“Sure, I'd like to know.” Lagi said.

“Devon.” the guy replied. “My names Devon.”

“Okay, I'm not sure why I would want to know that or anything, but, neat name?” Lagi said.

Then, the fake Lagikiller image disappeared, and the barrier disappeared as well. Ivory appeared on the ground.

“She’s just asleep.” Devon said, from the TV screen.

“She does that a lot.” Lagi said. “We all do.”

“Well, I drugged her, so she’ll be asleep until Lagikiller comes.” Devon said, “if you want, I could drug you and have you fall asleep as well, and I’ll wake you up three minutes before he arrives.”

“Sure, that would work.” Lagi said.

“Alright, then. Goodnight.”

Hope you enjoyed.

See more stories by qU@2T$m@$t32