/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimataniam 3: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 17) {VIOLENCE WARNING} | KidPub Press //
Ultimataniam 3: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 17) {VIOLENCE WARNING}

Posted October 6th, 2017 by QuartzMaster

by qU@2T$m@$t32

So...

Here is the last chapter. 

It is really sad tho...... :'(

/----------

----------/

“LAGI! IVORY! WAKE UP! HE’S NEAR!” Devon shouted.

Lagi started to stretch on the floor and yawn. Ivory stood up.

“What? Who’s near? Why is Lagi on the floor? Who are you?” Ivory asked.

Lagi stood up and rubbed his eyes. “It’s okay. That’s Devon. Lagikiller is almost here, and I’m okay too. So, Devon. How are we going to escape?” Lagi asked.

“Right now, hide. I’ll make the digital version of you both while you're at it.” Devon said.

“Okay!” Lagi said as he and Ivory ran into a corner of the building. “So, how do we hide?”

“Just stay out of sight. And then head out the backdoor.” Devon replied.

“Done.” Lagi said as he started running around until he found someplace where he would not be seen. Ivory went into that spot to hide, too. “Ready!” Lagi yelled to Devon.

“Now wait patiently… When you hear Lagikiller come in, then run.” Devon said, as a digital Lagi and Ivory in a cage appeared where the reals ones used to be.

Lagi and Ivory waited silently while waiting for Lagikiller to come.

“He should be here any second now…” Devon said.

Lagi and Ivory stayed silent.

“Wait, why risk staying? Just leave right now! An--” Devon started.

“WHERE ARE LAGI AND IVORY?!” A voice suddenly shouted.

Lagi started running toward the door in the back. Ivory followed him.

“Oh Lagikiller, you’re here. There’s Lagi and Ivory, in the cage.” Devon said.

KA-BOOM!

And just like that, the cage exploded. Lagi and Ivory were just about to exit through the backdoor.

“*SNIFF* *SNIFF* I SMELL… LAGIACRUS….” Lagikiller muttered, “DID YOU LIE TO ME DEVON?”

“Uh.” Devon replied. “No. That’s just because Lagi and Ivory smelled, they haven’t bathed for a long time so you can smell their Lagiacrus scent.”

“*SNIFF* *SNIFF*” Lagikiller sniffed as he began to follow the smell.

Lagi and Ivory then got through the backdoor, and they started sprinting. Lagikiller then came out the back door as well, still sniffing. He was dressed the same way as the digital version Devon had used.

Lagi and Ivory were running faster than they had ever run before, because they turned into the ‘source’.

When they were far enough, they stopped.

“So, we live to see another day.” Lagi panted.

“How do we get to wherever we should be?” Ivory asked.

“I have no clue. We had better figure out where we want to go first.” Lagi said, looking around.

They were in a tropical rainforest. They didn’t realize it since they were running away as fast as they could before, but now that they have stopped, they saw that they were in a rainforest.

“*SNIFF* *SNIFF*” They then suddenly heard Lagikiller sniffing again.

Lagi took off running again, with Ivory following.

Then, they suddenly bumped into Lagikiller. He looked them straight in the eyes, and then smiled. He was bigger than them, much bigger. The digital effects that Devon had used didn’t make how he actually looked.

The real Lagikiller had thick dark blue scaly armor, and a sword that was bigger than normal. His eyes were deep red, and he had a big scar on his face.

“Hi there random person I don’t know! Can you give me directions to the candy shop?” Lagi asked. “I think I took a wrong turn a few miles back.”

“IT WON’T MATTER, SINCE NOW YOU WILL DIE.” Lagikiller replied.

“Why? All I did was ask where the candy shop was!” Lagi yelled, taking a few steps back.

“YOU…” Lagikiller removed his helmet, showing a severely bruised head along with his blond hair, and the giant scar on his face showing from the top of his head, and down his neck to his chest. “YOU DID THIS TO ME!”

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before, how would I do that to you?” Lagi asked.

“BECAUSE YOU WERE YOUNG THAT TIME, YOU DON’T REMEMBER.” Lagikiller replied.

“Question, how would a baby make a huge scar across most of a grown man’s body?” Lagi asked.

“NO IDEA. THERE I WAS, KILLING YOUR WHOLE KIND, AND WHEN I CAME TOWARDS YOU, I WAS ABOUT TO KILL YOU, BUT YOU SOMEHOW DID THIS TO ME!” Lagikiller shouted, his voice deep, rusty, and monster-like, “AND WHEN I WAS INJURED, YOUR FATHER TOOK YOU AND RAN! YOU WERE THE ONLY SURVIVORS! AND I MADE AN OATH TO FIND YOU AND KILL YOU…”

“Well, I'm sorry for what I may or may not have done. But that was in the past, and this is now. Could you just forget about that and go out for ice cream or something?” Lagi asked.

“NO. I DON’T FORGET SOMETHING THAT GIVES ME PAIN DAILY.” Lagikiller growled.

“Sorry, again. But really, why do you need to kill me? Why can't I just give you some sort of gift to make up for what I did in the past?” Lagi asked.

“BECAUSE SOME THINGS CANNOT BE MADE UP. AFTER ALL YOU DID, AFTER ALL WHAT YOUR SPECIES DID, THIS IS YOUR FATE.” Lagikiller replied.

“What did we do to you? What did we do that would give you a reason to commit genocide?” Lagi asked.

“IT’S A LONG STORY. IF YOU WANT TO HEAR IT BEFORE YOU DIE, I’LL TELL YOU IT.” Lagikiller replied.

“Sure.” Lagi said as he sat down on the ground. Ivory sat down as well.

“IT ALL STARTED YEARS AGO…” Lagikiller began.

?

“Carter, come on!” said a voice.

“I’m coming Guy, wait for me!” Carter replied, as he swam over to his best friend.

Carter and Guy were swimming near a coral reef. Dozens of colorful fish surrounded them, all with a unique feature.

“Wow, this place gets more colorful everyday…” Guy said.

“Yeah, it’s amazing…” Carter agreed.

Guy then caught his attention to the other side of the coral reef. Carter and Guy’s parents always told them not to every cross to the other reef, or go anywhere farther.

“Say…” Guy said, “let’s go over there!”

“No, thats…” Carter disagreed, “over there… We’re not allowed to go there! That’s the forbidden part of the sea!”

“B-but that’s exactly why! We don’t know what’s over there so we should go and explore! And find out exactly why our parents restricted it!” Guy said.

Carter thought for awhile.

“Aren’t you curious?” Guy asked him.

“Hmmmm…” Carter said, “fine. You got me interested.” A smile appeared on both of their faces.

“Let’s go!” Guy exclaimed, as they swam towards the other part of the reef.

Carter and Guy were humans, but not normal humans. They were humans that lived under the WaterBreathe Clan, which were humans that could breathe underwater, and were born with water powers. They lived in the West-South-West Sea on the Water Planet.

“Woah.” Guy said, as they made it to the border.

They spotted a sunken ship, the boat kinds. It was damaged too.

“Let’s check that out!” Carter exclaimed.

They both eagerly swam towards the ship. When they made it, they swam through the holes where the canons are supposed to be.

“Woah! Check it out!” Guy said, as he spotted treasure chests.

“They might be filled with gold!” Carter exclaimed.

Guy tried to open one of the chests. And it wasn’t locked, so it opened. The two of them looked inside and spotted a map.

“Woah.” the two of them said at once.

Guy took the map out of the chest, and looked at it. It was a map of the reef, and beyond the reef.

“What!? Carter, take a look at this! Look what’s past the reef even more!” Guy exclaimed in excitement, showing the map to Carter.

“Wow. That’s… I don’t believe it…” Carter said.

“It’s the… Ancient Temple of the Lagiacrus…” Guy muttered, “but they aren’t real, they’re a legend…”

“A horrible legend… They destroyed everything…” Carter grunted.

“Let’s follow the map… And see if it actually takes us somewhere.” Guy said.

“Okay.”

They swam out of the sunken ship, and farther away from the reef than before. They then reached a deeper point.

They looked down and spotted a building, a broken building.

“I-it was true… There it is… The remainings of it…” Guy said.

“Let’s take a closer look.” Carter said.

They swam down to the temple, when suddenly.

“Hello.”
“Gah!” the two of them gasped, turning around.

They spotted a boy, with a scaly blue tail.

“Oh hi.” Guy said, “who’re you?”

“I’m Gabe.” the boy said, “who’re you guys?”

“I’m Carter, and that’s my best friend Guy.” Carter said.

“Nice to meet you.” Gabe said.

“So, um…” Guy said, as he and Carter stared at the tail.

Gabe looked back at his tail, and he realized that they were looking at it.

“Oh. Well.” Gabe said, before realizing, “why don’t you have tails?”

“Why do YOU have a tail?” Guy asked him back.

“I’m a Human Lagiacrus.” Gabe said.

“Wait, WHAT?!” Both of them exclaimed.

“What? What’s wrong with that?” Gabe asked.

“You’re a Human Lagiacrus! That’s… Lagiacrus’s are monsters!” Carter explained.

“What? No we aren’t monsters. We’re just Lagiacrus’s, and humans. Sort of a cross-breed.” Gabe replied.

“So… you aren’t monsters? What are you?” Guy asked.

“Well… A human being and a monster, but peaceful ones.” Gabe replied. “Now, what are you?”

“Well… We’re from the WaterBreathe Clan…” Carter said.

Gabe’s eyes widened.

“What… The WaterBreathe Clan…?” Gabe asked.

“Uhh, yeah?”

“The WaterBreathe Clan destroyed our home once, years ago…” Gabe said, “they were monsters, and horrific…”

“What!? No we’re peaceful too!” Carter exclaimed.

“Then… Then you’re saying that my parents lied to me?” Gabe asked.

“Umm…”

“And you’re saying that our parents lied to us about you?” Guy asked back.

“T-this is confusing…” Gabe said. “I’ll have to speak with my parents…”

“Okay… And then…?” Carter asked.

“We meet here again tomorrow.” Gabe said.

“Alright… Bye Gabe.” Guy said, as all three of them swam away.

?

“GABE WAS HIS NAME… THE FIRST HUMAN LAGIACRUS I MET…” Lagikiller said.

“Okay then.” Lagi said. “So he may have been my relative or something?”

“POSSIBLY… HIS LAST NAME WAS ACRUS… EVERYONE’S LAST NAME WAS ACRUS, YOUR KINGDOM WAS THE ACRUS CLAN.” Lagikiller said.

“Okay.” Lagi said. “So is that the end of the story? Or is that just the beginning?”

“It probably isn’t the end.” Ivory muttered.

“THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING…” Lagikiller replied, “I WAS ONLY A TEN YEAR OLD BOY… THE STORY CONTINUES FOR FIVE YEARS…”

“Five years. Wow. So, are you going to tell it? Because all that happened was you met somebody. That’s not an explanation for genocide.” Lagi said.

“AFTER WE RETURNED THE NEXT DAY, WE REALIZED SOMETHING… NONE OF OUR PARENTS ANSWERED OUR QUESTION. THEY TOLD US TO GO AWAY. AND WHEN WE CAME BACK THE NEXT DAY, WE JUST… PLAYED. WE BECAME FRIENDS.” Lagikiller said. “BEST FRIENDS. THE THREE OF US, GABE, GUy, AND I. BEST OF FRIENDS.”

“Okay. So, what happened then?” Lagi asked.

“FIVE YEARS LATER, OF US PLAYING DAILY, IS WHEN IT HAPPENED… A WAR HAD BEGUN BETWEEN OUR KIND, BUT IT DIDN’T CHANGE OUR RELATIONSHIP… UNTIL…”

?

“Hahahaha!” The three boys, Carter, Guy, and Gabe laughed as they played.

They were having fun, and didn’t realize up above… There was another boy, Carter’s older brother to be precise. He watched as the boys played, and he loathed it.

He didn’t like that they were having fun. He didn’t like that his younger brother and his best friend were playing with a Human Lagiacrus. He had just discovered this, the day before, and came today to check on them.

“They must have been doing this for years!” Carter’s older brother thought to himself as he watched them play.

He then thought of an evil plan. “I wonder what Mom and Dad will think of this…”

?

“SO THEN MY BROTHER TOLD ON US…” Lagikiller replied.

“And?” Lagi asked, leaning forward. He was starting to enjoy hearing the story.

“THAT TAKES US TO WHEN GUY AND I RETURNED HOME…” Lagikiller said.

?

“That was fun.” Guy said as he and Carter swam back to the reef.

“Yeah… we should do that again nex--” Carter was saying, but then stopped.

They spotted Carter’s brother in front of them, with a smirk on his face.

“What are you doing here, Brandon?” Carter asked his brother.

“What are you guys doing out HERE? You’re off the reef!” Brandon said. “And you’re not allowed to leave the reef!”

“Well, you left too!” Guy shouted.

“But because we’re having dinner earlier today.” Brandon replied, “I was told to bring you. Which brings me to the question… What were you doing with a Human Lagiacrus?”

Guy and Carter were silent.

“Let’s see what Mom and Dad think of this…” Brandon said.

“N-no! Don’t tell them, please!” Carter begged.

Brandon stuck his tongue out at them, and then began to swim back towards the reef. Carter and Guy chased him in worry.

They swam all the way to the reef, and then back to the kingdom. There was a giant dome, with buildings inside.

Brandon swam towards it, and then made it to the door. There was a barrier, that prevented water to enter. Brandon swam through it, and then landed on his feet where he then began to run,

Shortly after, Guy and Carter caught up with him, and were now running on his feet.

“COME BACK HERE BRANDON!” Carter shouted.

“Neva!” Brandon shot back.

They chased him until Brandon had already made it inside Carter’s home.

When they caught up with him, they see that Brandon has already told Carter’s Mom and Dad.

Brandon sat, smirking, while Carter’s Mom and Dad looked at Carter.

“Carter, is what your older brother saying true?” Mom asked Carter.

Carter hesitated. He knew he couldn’t lie to his mom.

“Um.” Carter said, “yes… Guy and I have been playing with Gabe for five years now…”

His Mom smiled.

“Good.” She said, “that means you’ve got a good relationship with him.”

“W-what are you getting at?” Guy asked.

“Tomorrow I want you to go again, and learn about his clan. What they’re planning.” His Mom said, “we’ve been enemies for a long time now. Having you as friends will be perfect…”

“Seek information. About all the secrets that they have.” His Dad added.

Carter hesitated.

“ ……………okay…………”

“Now let's have dinner.” His Mom said.

?

“THEN, I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE NEXT DAY… I DIDN’T WANT TO LISTEN TO MY PARENTS…” Lagikiller said.

“Then what did you do?” Lagi asked.

“GUY AND I WENT THE NEXT DAY…”

?

Guy and Carter were nervous as they swam back to the same place they always had met Gabe at. When they arrived, they saw Gabe there, smiling.

“There you are!” Gabe greeted them.

“Uh, hi Gabe…” Guy said, as he and Carter swam towards them.

“What’s wrong?” Gabe asked. He has been friends with them for five years, he knows when something is wrong.

“………Um…” Carter said, exchanging looks with Guy.

They nodded at each other.

“… Things are getting bad.” Carter began, “our parents want us to, spy, on you and seek information… You know, how our people are enemies and stuff?”

Gabe looked at them. “You mean, they want you to… Tell you everything?”

“Yeah…” Guy said, “but we’re friends and all, so we decided to not listen… our friendship is too powerful…”

Gabe thought for awhile.

“…… I can’t play anymore today.” Gabe said, “let’s come back here tomorrow…”

Guy and Carter watched as Gabe swam away. They watched in silence. They sat there, for hours. They didn’t know what to do.

But then, Gabe returned. He was surprised that they were still there.

“Gabe.” Guy said, “we’re still friends right?”

“Of course.” Gabe replied, “our friendship is too strong to be changed by our people.”

“Oh good…” Carter sighed.

Gabe stood there silently.

“Can you… will you meet me somewhere else tomorrow?” Gabe asked.

“What? Where?” Guy asked back.

“I want to prove… To prove that your people are peaceful. To tell them that we shouldn’t be fighting all the time.” Gabe said.

“But what about our people?” Carter asked.

“… I don’t know. Maybe you can do the same thing.” Gabe said. “Just meet me here tomorrow, and then I’ll take you.”

“Okay.” Both Carter and Guy said.

?

“AND THEN, WE LEFT. OUR PARENTS WERE MAD THAT WE DIDN’T HAVE ANY INFORMATION.” Lagikiller said. “AFTERWARDS, THEY WANTED US TO GO AND TRY AGAIN. AND THAT LEADS TO THE PART…”

?

Carter and Guy had came back the next day. They saw Gabe was already awaiting them.

“So?” Guy asked him.

“I cannot arrange it… But you can. You can show your people that we’re peaceful. Both our people think that the opposite one is evil and dangerous… When we are actually all peaceful.” Gabe said.

“So what do you want us to do?” Carter asked.

“Bring everyone out here. Bring them and me to them.” Gabe said, “they’ll see that I’m peaceful.”

“Okay…” Guy said, “let’s try…”

They swam all the way back to the dome, and entered. Then, Guy shouted, “MY PEOPLE! We have been blinded with lies! Our so called sworn enemy, The Acrus Clan, are not hostile as we were taught!”

At first, Carter just watched. When he saw what Guy was doing was working, he decided to join in. It started with little kids and kids in general who were listening.

“We have seen the true beauty of the Human Lagiacrus’s!” Carter said, “they are not monsters! They are humans too! It’s just that WE go to their homes and take things, and so do they, but we are both doing the same thing! We both think that the other one is evil and is the one who started this war!”

More people, including adults came then.

“We are blinded, my people.” Guy said.

“WHAT IS GOING ON!?” a sudden voice shouted.

Everyone turned. They spotted the WaterBreathe Army General, Fokus.

“Um.” Guy and Carter hesitated, “the Acrus Clan aren’t evil… We should truce with them…”
“And how do you know that?” Fokus asked.

“We’ve met one of them… We’ll show you them.” Carter said.

“What? Take us immediately!” Fokus shouted, “ALL TROOPS! MARCH FORTH! WE’RE HEADED TO BATTLE!”

“NO!” Carter shouted, “THEY’RE PEACEFUL!”

“Take us now, or you’ll starve.” Fokus threatened, as troops came on out.

Carter and Guy were scared. They just followed orders.

“Fine.”

They then left the reef, with the whole army behind them, along with some other citizens. They then took them past the reef, towards where Gabe was.

And he stood there, waiting.

“KILL THE MONSTER!” Fokus commanded.

“NOOO!” Guy and Carter screamed.

But the army did. They all ran at Gabe at once. Gabe was not prepared, but he suddenly turned into the Lagiacrus.

“ROAR!”

Gabe was attacking the army, he had to defend himself. One by one, he wiped out the soldiers. They were electrocuted to death.

And then, Gabe suddenly turned back to normal, and then smiled.

“AH!” shouted one of the citizens.

Everyone turned around, and spotted that the dome was destroyed. Giant Lagiacrus’s were attacking.

“RETREAT! GO GO GO!” Fokus commanded.

Everyone began screaming as they returned. Guy and Carter stood still, looking at Gabe who didn’t look happy.

“…… This… is not good…” Gabe said, “this wasn’t supposed to happen yet…”

“What?” Guy asked. “What do you mean ‘yet?”

“Change of plans.” Gabe then said.

He suddenly turned back into a Lagiacrus and suddenly grabbed Guy, and chewed him alive.

“GUY!” Carter shouted.

Gabe looked at Carter, and then swam away to join the attack. Carter was furious. He swam after him.

He could hear screaming. He could hear shouting. He could hear the sound of death. When he arrived, people were already dead on the ground.

He looked up to see Gabe, in human form, with a sword in his hand.

“KILL THEM ALL!” Gabe shouted, “EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!”

Carter felt something in his heart, something he hadn’t felt before… He couldn’t describe it, but he was enraged.

“WHY?!” Carter shouted to Gabe. “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!?”

Gabe looked down at him, and smirked. At that time, everyone else was dead. Everyone. All the troops, all the children, all the families… Everyone.

All the Lagiacrus’s were looking at Carter, the very last one left.

“Because.” Gabe said, “we’re enemies. We’ll never understand each other. We’ll never get along. Ever.”

“That’s not true! We did get along!” Carter shot back.

“‘Did’. We ‘did’. In reality, all I was doing was spying. I was spying on your people, but you happened to find me. So I had to do something to keep you from suspecting anything.” Gabe replied, “and it worked. For five years. This attack was being planned for five years, everyone dead.”

“You… You monster!” Carter yelled.

“Exactly. We are monsters. Every. Single. One. OF US.” Gabe replied.

“…” Carter was silent as he raged inside.

“Now, let’s finish the task, and destroy our enemy.” Gabe said to the other Lagiacrus’s.

“No… NO…” Carter said, “I WILL FIGHT YOU!”

“KILL HIM!” Gabe ordered.

The Lagiacrus’s attacked. And when they did, suddenly, a giant sword flew out of the middle of the dome, and was grasped into Carter’s hand. This was the sword comes to any with WaterBreathe blood. The Legendary WaterBreathe Sword.

“NOOO!” Carter shouted.

He then fought. He slayed all the Lagiacrus’s that came at him, one by one. Cutting off body parts, killing them all.

After killing every single one except for Gabe, he went to Gabe.

“I will not die!” Carter shouted.

“Yes you will. This is the end of the WaterBreathe Clan. You will die, and fall alongside the rest of your clan.” Gabe said, wielding his sword.

“No. I will KILL you! For your evil doings!” Carter shouted, running at Gabe.

They clashed swords. Both of them, were trying to kill the other.

“You can’t win.” Gabe said, slicing part of Carter’s arm.

“I will win. I’LL SHOW YOU!” Carter shouted.

Gabe then disappeared, appearing behind Carter. “Die.”

Suddenly, Gabe’s sword made it’s way into Carter’s chest.

“*GASP*.” Carter struggled to breathe.

“This is how it ends.” Gabe said, “when one’s clan is finally all dead, the other is the winner.”

“No…” Carter thought, unable to speak. “No… I REFUSE TO DIE.”

“Stop trying. It ends here, Carter. You’re the loser.” Gabe said. “The Human Lagiacrus’s are the winners. We will live to see another century or so.”

“NO!” Carter shouted.

He then took himself out of the sword, and stabbed Gabe with his own sword. Because of the size, it did damage to all of Gabe’s torso.

Gabe was shocked, and he stood there, looking Carter in the eye. Carter showed deep hatred to Gabe.

“*GASP*” Gabe struggled to breathe more than Carter, “…”

I win.” Carter said.

“No, you do not win by slaying me… There are more of my kind, and they will come and hunt you down, and kill you.”

“NOT IF I KILL THEM FIRST.” Carter said. “I’LL LET YOU LIVE, ONLY TO SEE THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN TO YOUR KIND.”

Carter then took his sword out of Gabe’s body, and forcefully began pushing Gabe over towards where the Lagiacrus Kingdom was.

When they arrived, they saw that they were celebrated.

“Ha…” Gabe said, “look how happy we are… our enemy is gone…”

“Shut up.” Carter said, punching Gabe in the gut.

He then set Gabe down on a ledge.

“Now watch and suffer.” Carter said.

Carter swam down to the kingdom. The celebrating paused when Carter entered, and all of them looked at him.

Carter looked at them. They were all normal humans, just with tails. Seeing the tales reminded him of the enemy. He then activated rage mode.

“YAAAA!!!” Carter swung his sword, killing ten people at once.

People began screaming. Carter began to kill them, one by one. After he killed everyone who was outside, he spotted a woman with white hair running up the stairs with a young baby boy with orange hair.

“NO ONE ESCAPES!” Carter shouted.

He chased after the woman. When he reached her, the baby was in a man’s hands, who then ran.

“YA!”

With one arm, Carter swung his sword and killed the woman. He looked around for anyone else.

He found more, and when he found more, he ended their lives.

One, by one, by one.

Then he entered the building. He went upstairs, killing more on the way, until he reached a room.

He entered, and spotted the man with the baby. When Carter was about to strike…

CLANG!

The man had a sword of his own, and had blocked the attack.

“I am Abyss Acrus, and I do not approve of this.” The man said, putting the baby aside in a crib.

Carter didn’t say anything. He just kept trying to kill the man.

“You’ve killed everyone.” Abyss said.

“You’ve killed everyone before I did!” Carter shouted.

A look of despair appeared on Abyss’s face.

Carter then saw that the baby was left unprotected, so he took the chance to strike. But suddenly, a blue light blocked the attack, and a big scar appeared on Carter’s face.

“GAH!” Carter cried.

He then was blasted back ten feet. When Carter got back up, he saw that Abyss and the baby were about to jump out of the window.

“YA!” Carter shouted, releasing a dark wave from his sword.

It hit Abyss, but missed the child. Carter looked out but didn’t see them anywhere.

“DANGIT!” Carter shouted.

He then swam out and looked down at the city… All destroyed. Seeing this reminded him of what happened to his kind, all gone and dead. He grew more angry at the Human Lagiacrus’s.

But he had already destroyed them all.

But then, he remembered… Gabe.

Carter swam over to Gabe, who was still in his very spot.

“You haven’t won yet, fool.” Gabe said.

“I destroyed your home. Do you now know how it feels?” Carter asked.

“Ha… You only destroyed this one… There’s still another Human Lagiacrus Kingdom…” Gabe said. “In the South-South-Western Part of the sea…”

“Thank you for letting me know their exact location.” Carter said, “now, you will join my people and yours in death.”

Gabe looked up at Carter.

“Now die.”

Carter then swung his sword, killing Gabe.

“Now for the next kingdom.” Carter said.

?

“AND SO I DID THE SAME THING, TO IVORY’S KINGDOM… AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH IVORY’S FATHER… SOMETHING BLOCKED THE ATTACK AND IT MADE THE SCAR BIGGER THAN BEFORE…” Lagikiller said.

Lagi and Ivory were scooched back ten feet, eyes wide and teeth shaking.

“O-okay… so I guess storytime is over?” Lagi asked.

“THERE WAS MORE THAT HAPPENED THAT I LEFT OUT… BUT IT ISN’T AS IMPORTANT.” Lagikiller said. “SO BEFORE I GET BACK INTO COMPLETING MY OATH, DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?”

“Y-yes. Why?” Lagi asked.

“WHY TO WHAT?” Lagikiller asked back.

“Why do you want to kill the children that couldn’t have had anything to do with the attack?” Lagi asked.

“BECAUSE. IT’S WHEN I HAVE WON… AND BECAUSE, GABE KILLED EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE CHILDREN AS WELL, THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.” Lagikiller said.

“I guess…” Lagi muttered. “But, why do you have to kill us? Why can’t we just be friends or something? Even if you did kill our family and our family killed yours… why does it have to end up in violence? Is that everything that there is in life? Violence? I just don’t understand why! I hate it, to be honest.”

“YES. VIOLENCE. THAT’S HOW IT WORKS. WE CANNOT BE FRIENDS, WE ARE SWORN ENEMIES. AND IT WILL ONLY END WHEN THE ENEMY IS DEAD.” Lagikiller answered.

“For once I agree with the guy…” Ivory muttered.

“Shut up!” Lagi hissed as he punched Ivory in the shoulder. “We might be your sworn enemy, but you’re not ours. I’m ready to set aside everything if I have to if it means we could just be friends or something! Why can’t you do the same? Why can’t anyone do the same!?”

“WHAT DO YOU THINK I DID? EVEN WHEN THE WATERBREATHE AND THE ACRUS WERE AT WAR, I STAYED FRIENDS WITH GABE. IT DIDN’T GO WELL AT ALL.” Lagikiller replied, “THE MORE I LOOK AT YOU, THE MORE YOU REMIND ME OF HIM.”

“I don’t know how I remind you of him, but I do know something. We don’t have to fight, okay? We can just have some sort of a truce if you don’t want to be friends, but nobody has to die! So please, stop. I just want to live, I just want all of us to live, I don’t want us to have to fight!” Lagi yelled.

“I CANNOT TAKE ANY MORE OF IT. UNTIL YOU TWO ARE DEAD, IT WON’T STOP.” Lagikiller said.

“Why? Why do you have to take it out on something like us? Why not some frogs? Some other animal, nothing sentient, nothing intelligent! Take your anger out on something that is endangering a village or something!” Lagi yelled.

“ANGER IS NOT THE ONLY PART. EVERY NIGHT I DREAM THE SAME THING… AND I SEE GABE, AND BECOME MORE ENRAGED… GABE STILL LIVES INSIDE OF YOU, AND AS HE HAD SAID, ALL OF YOU ARE MONSTERS.” Lagikiller replied.

“But why don’t you just make some sort of a clone of us and kill them? And be satisfied with that! Why kill somebody that had nothing to do with your pain, intentionally of course.” Lagi asked.

“IT’S NOT SATISFACTION IF IT IS A CLONE. I CANNOT LIE TO MYSELF. YOU TWO WILL DIE AND JOIN BOTH YOUR PEOPLE AND MINE.” Lagikiller stood up. “UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD, I CANNOT CONTINUE ON. I MADE AN OATH TO FIND YOU, AFTER YOU HAD LEFT. I AM A LOSER. AND I MUST BE A WINNER. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, IT WILL NOT GET RID OF MY PAIN. THE ONLY THING THAT WILL IS YOUR DEATHS. WHEN YOU DIE, IT WILL ALL END.”

“Well then, if killing us is the only way to satisfy you, then so be it. Kill us if you need to, if it will make you happy. Just get it over with, I feel bad for you, and I hate feeling bad, and what you feel is worse than bad. So, yeah. Do what you need to.” Lagi said as he stood up.

“VERY WELL THEN.” Lagikiller said, walking forth towards Lagi. “BUT WHAT ABOUT IVORY?”

“Duck.” she said.

“What?” Lagi asked.

“I said duck.” Ivory said back.

“YOU WILL JOIN LAGI AFTERWARDS.” Lagikiller said, “JUST YOU WAIT.”

To Be Continued!

............................

yea.....
sad........

anyway, that's the end of the book....

book 4 chapter 1 will be out soon

See more stories by qU@2T$m@$t32