/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimataniam 7: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 2) | KidPub Press //
Ultimataniam 7: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 2)

Posted January 5th, 2018 by QuartzMaster

by qU@2T$m@$t32

Hereeee is the next chapter! Let's see what happens now....

/----------

----------/

Saturo hasn’t gotten any better since we got back… He locked himself in his room, removing all contact with everyone. Even Glitter. When Glitter appeared in his room he kicked him out. I heard him yelling at Glitter…

I tried to talk to him, but he wouldn’t talk to me. He would find a way to escape from me, which was easy for him since he’s pretty fast… I told Lavender about it too, when she asked. And she felt bad for him. I thought about telling her that Saturo had a crush on her, but I decided not to… Because I didn’t want to anger Saturo… Especially not at this time…

Lavender wanted and did try to talk to Saturo. But he avoided all of us…

I was thinking about what to do as I walked through the hallways of Elec’s Mansion… Elec hasn’t got back yet either… I wondered what he was doing. Because, Dad also left to apparently ‘help Elec out’ when we got back. John Ceno, I have no idea where he went. He kind of just disappeared… He was probably also avoiding me…

“Hey Ich.”

I turned around, hearing a voice behind me. It was Mehrunes.

“Oh hey Mehrunes. Did you succeed in getting Lagi an--” Mehrunes suddenly disappeared.

Where did he go? I continued walking down the hallway, until Mehrunes suddenly appeared next to me.

“Yeah they don’t like me though.” Mehrunes said.

“Who? Lagi and Ivory? Why?” I asked him.

“Sadly by telling you that, I would be doing the thing that wanted to make them kill me so…” Mehrunes replied. “I’ll tell you anyway cuz Lagi and Ivory won’t find out. Okay so we went to the Water Planet and did the stuff and when I got to where Lagi and Ivory were they had a bunch of eggs, now the way they acted with the eggs soon lead me to believe that they were… *AHEM* ‘their eggs’ if you know what I mean.”

“Uh… Okay. Where are they right now? I wanna see them.” I said.

“Offhand? I’m gonna guess sleeping. They were complaining about being tired.” Mehrunes replied. “And Ivory threatened to kill me. She has more bark than bite.”

“I can sense them, they’re outside.” I said, flying through the hallway and getting to the front door.

I unlocked the door, and to my surprise, there they were. Lagi and Ivory, right in front of me.

“Oh. Fair enough.” Mehrunes said from behind me.

“Hello there. I’m just going to guess Mehrunes told you.” Lagi said.

“Yeah,” I replied, “so what?”

“Well, just another reason to get mad.” Lagi muttered. “Why are you out here?”

“To find you.” I replied, “to welcome you back, is something wrong with that?”

“No.” Lagi sighed. “There’s nothing wrong with that, because you’re the only person who’s done it.”

“Saturo would too…” I said, “but… he’s… not.”

“Not what?” Lagi asked.

“While Mehrunes and the others were getting you, we were on our planet fighting the president because he says Ultimates are a myth and don’t exist and all that, and he brainwashed the people.” I explained. “We were supposed to stop him and prove him wrong.”

“And I’m going to assume something horrible happened. He lost his voice? Is he fatally injured?” Lagi asked.

“No. We were all at risk of death.” I said, “because a giant warship appeared in the sky, and we suddenly had to leave the planet. Because, Hindro exploded. Everyone on it, including Saturo’s parents, died.”

“W-wow… that’s brutal. Why would anyone do that?” Lagi asked.

“We don’t know who did it in the first place. Other then that it was Darth’s Army. The war suddenly made its way to Hindro.” I said.

“Well. It happened,” Lagi sighed. “Now all that’s left is to think about what to do next.”

“Wait. Giant warship?” Mehrunes asked. “Like the one disguised as a planet?”

“I’m not going to ask.” Lagi said.

“I didn’t have enough time to take a good look at it.” I said, turning to Mehrunes, “but I did see what exploded the planet. Something black, like a black laser beam or something.”

“Could be dark matter, but probably not because it’s actually invisible… yeah I dunno. But I’m betting it’s probably the massive planet warship.” Mehrunes said. “And Saturo… yeah… I think it would probably be best to leave him be.”

“Well, now that we’ve all had this nice talk, like I said. All that’s left is to think about what to do next.” Lagi said. “So, what next?”

“We wait. There is capability to do nothing, and that’s what I suggest.” Mehrunes replied.

“What do we do while we wait? Because doing nothing, literally nothing, seems bad. Unless you’re hiding from a killer set on destroying you.” Lagi said.

“Speaking of that.” I said, turning to Lagi and Ivory… Ivory wasn’t there. She disappeared somewhere else. I ignored that and talked to Lagi. “I won’t let you touch Mehrunes.”

“Ich it’s fine.” Mehrunes said. “I can take care of that myself.”

“Honestly, I don’t care much about that anymore. It was in the past. I thought about it, and just found it as something a little strange, that’s all. I’m forgetting I ever got mad at you, is that acceptable?” Lagi asked.

“Yeah, because we don’t want a civil war.” I nodded.

“What’s not acceptable is that Ivory disappeared randomly and now we kinda need to find her.” Mehrunes said.

“Oh, no worries. She could just tell that Mehrunes was near the open door, and got away as fast as she could. I know where she is. Or, well, where she’s going.” Lagi said. “Over to those mountains.” Lagi pointed to mountains on the horizon.

“She’s not going anywhere alone.” I said, “I’m gonna go grab her. You can come inside.”

“I don’t think another person is what she needs right now. If anyone would go and follow her, it would be me.” Lagi said. “If I follow her, I can tell her that everything is calm between us and Mehrunes, okay?”

“Yeah, well I don’t care. She got kidnapped once, and I’m not risking it happening again.” I said, “and she needs to learn to trust me then.”

“There’s nobody out there anymore who wants to get us anymore. She’s safe and I trust her. Is that not enough for you?” Lagi asked.

I was gonna respond, but Mehrunes did before me.

“Course it’s not. If you haven’t noticed, the bad guys pop up out of nowhere. Ivory wants to be alone, but she also needs to suck it up sometimes instead of running away.” Mehrunes said. “Ich, you should indeed go find her, just go now before Lagi can object.”

“If you’re going, I’m going with you.” Lagi objected anyway.

“Fine, then.” I said, “you can come with me.”

“It would be more me leading you, not me coming with you.” Lagi pointed out as he started to run towards where he pointed earlier.

“If you didn’t notice, I can sense where she is.” I said, flying past Lagi, away from the mansion.

“Fine then. Try to find her.” Lagi said as he stopped running.

I used the wind and brought Lagi so that he was floating next to me.

“Great. Of course I have no choice.” Lagi muttered.

“I just wanted to show you how cool flying is.” I smirked.

“Flying, yeah. That’s interesting. Flying through space… now that’s a different story. A bad story.” Lagi said.

I nodded. “Alright then.” I looked around, and I sensed Ivory near some mountains. “She’s near some mountains right where you pointed.”

“She’s headed to the top of the tallest one.” Lagi said. “Look for that one. Near the top because trust me, if she wants to, she has ways of getting places.”

“Well you’re right. There she is.” I spotted Ivory near the peak of the tallest mountain. I flew up to it with Lagi behind, and in seconds I landed the both of us on the peak.

Ivory was climbing, and she looked up and spotted us.

“Why are you two here?” Ivory growled. She climbed a little higher, she was almost to the peak.

I then used the wind and brought her onto the peak with Lagi and I. “I’m not letting you go somewhere alone after what happened.”

“Well, too bad. I got here just fine, and would have finished fine if you hadn’t brought me up.” Ivory growled.

“I’m not risking losing friends.” I said, “because friends are valuable…”

“Yeah. Especially the ones that go back on everything you tell them not to go back on.” Ivory muttered. “So, now what are you going to do? Forcefully bring me to the mansion and lock me in?”

“No. That’s no fun.” I replied, “instead I’ll just follow you and make sure no one tries to kidnap you again.”

“One. There is nobody out there that wants to kidnap me anymore. Two. what if I don’t go back there?” Ivory asked. “And three. Last time, I was kidnapped by a magic knife that teleported me. I doubt you would be able to save me from that. Saturo wasn’t. I guess Chill, too.”

“Response to one: I’m not taking any chances. There could be someone out there still wanting to kidnap you. Response to two: Back where?” I responded, “response to three: I have ways to save you that Saturo and Chill cannot do. I can sense an entity before it appears and bring them apart from you if they get close.”

“Good for you. And I was referring to the mansion. What if I don’t want to return there? What if I’m perfectly fine here on this mountain peak?” Ivory asked.

“Then I’ll stay here with you, and I’ll follow your movements. I’ll learn how to make a clone of myself from Chill if I have to do something else at the same time. And I’ll learn how to teleport from Mehrunes if you travel too fast for me.” I replied.

“So, you’re devoting this portion of your life to protecting me? Wow. Seems like a waste.” Ivory said.

“To you. To me, it’s a friend helping a friend in need.” I replied.

“I don’t need anyone to help me right now. I’m perfectly fine.” Ivory growled. “Now please, leave.”

“No. According to my senses, we’re not alone and someone is following you. I am not going to leave you.” I shook my head.

“It’s probably Mehrunes.” Ivory growled. “And when he gets here… the only thing you’d be doing is trying to stop me.”

“Mehrunes teleports. If he came here he would just appear. I sense something else moving. I don’t know what it is. But I have a feeling we’ll find out soon.” I said.

“It’s probably just the natural wildlife of this mountain.” Ivory sighed. “Now I ask you one more time. Please, leave. I’m in no way able to be helped by you, because I’m not in need of help. If you continue to follow me, I will find some way to make sure you won’t find me.”

Then, Mehrunes appeared on the peak.

“What did I say?” Ivory asked.

“Yo sup?” Mehrunes asked as well. “I dunno you tell me.”

“Now Mehrunes. I’m going to ask you stand there. There’s something I want to do.” Ivory growled.

“Okay.” Mehrunes said, then there were six Mehrunes’s. “But which one is real?”

“None of them. People who do this always make copies and then teleport themselves somewhere out of sight while the copies all act as one.” Ivory growled.

“Actually.” Mehrunes said, all of their mouths moving, completely serious. “I did not come here to fight or whatever. I wanted to say sorry.”

“Like I would believe that.” Ivory growled as a fireball appeared in her hand.

“Truly.” Mehrunes replied. “I do not apologize if I don’t mean it. Ever.”

“And what makes you think I would trust that? I don’t trust you anyways.” Ivory growled, fireballs appearing around her.

“I think you’ll believe that, for one simple reason.” Mehrunes replied.

“And what’s that one reason? If it’s good, I might consider putting my toys away.” Ivory growled, raising up her hand and preparing to snap her fingers.

“Because…” Mehrunes said, suddenly being one of him. “I. Trust you.”

“And what does that have to do with any of this?” Ivory asked. She lowered her hand, but the fireballs stayed in their places.

“What it has to do with any of this, is trust is mutual.” Mehrunes said. “Even though what I say can be terrible and I know it, I’m sorry. I am confident that you, as my friend, will not do this.”

“Huh. Well…” Ivory said as all of the fireballs disappeared. “I do do well with the brutal truth. But… there’s just one thing. I don’t like annoyances. And you’re high up on my list.”

“Okay now it’s my turn to be confused. What?” Mehrunes asked. “What does that have to do with this?”

“What does what have to do with what?” Ivory asked.

“Right. Annoyance list with conversation about trust and friendship.” Mehrunes replied. “Cuz I mean, I’m not gonna be around all the time, be all clingy and overprotective or whatever I don’t understand why you have a list also.”

“I don’t have a list. And I was just telling you of what I think of you as.” Ivory said. “But if I did have a list, it would be you at the top, and Ich’s plans for me second.”

“Pardon? Ich? Plans?” Mehrunes asked looking at both of us. “Ich what did you do?”

“You heard me before, back at the mansion.” I said, “I’m not letting her go anywhere alone. I’m not risking her getting kidnapped again or worse than that.”

*AHEM AHEM*” Mehrunes cleared his throat. “ICH THAT IS SUPER WRONG AND TERRIBLE!”

“I’m glad somebody agrees with me.” Ivory muttered.

“ICH! THAT IS SERIOUSLY MESSED UP!” Mehrunes yelled. “You can’t overprotect someone like that, especially if they don’t want it. You have to let people do stuff on their own. You let me run off all the time or you used to, wait… is this about the Hindro thing?” Mehrunes accused me.

“Well… I see your point.” I said, “and the Hindro thing does tie into it somehow. Because of… you know what happened there.”
“So, you are simply wanting to protect all of us because you couldn’t protect your home planet?” Lagi asked.

“I had friends on the planet, yes… and they all just died because I wasn’t there to help them escape with me.” I explained. “And I don’t want to lose any more friends.”

Mehrunes looked a little sad.

“Ich, and Saturo… I get it.” Mehrunes said. “Look I’m pretty sure this overprotective feeling is how you are coping with your massive loss, like how Saturo locked himself away. Calm down. It’s a part of life and you need to stop over protecting.”

“Okay. Mehrunes, I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I think I get it.” Ivory said. “So, your planet blew up? And your friends weren’t on the ship. I understand now why you want to protect us so much. But it’s a bit too much. Losing people who are special to you… it can be difficult. I mean, me and Lagi never knew our mothers, and both of our Dads are dead. We had you guys to help us deal with the loss. You shouldn’t try to keep us locked in to help you, you should do stuff with us to help you. Protecting us isn’t what you should try to do. Maybe just go on an adventure or something. Somebody gets hurt, just help them up. If you get hurt, we’ll be there to help prop you up until you’re good again. You don’t need to help protect us, we should be the ones to help protect you. I mean, you’re kinda distracted with this whole protection thing that I think if someone were to pop up behind you with a knife targeted towards Mehrunes, you would be too distracted to save him. You need to just… roll with what happens. Life is a river, it can change when people put stones in the way of its flow. But water always finds a way. Life can always change. And people always find a way to cope with it, no matter how long it takes to do or how hard it is to do it. We’re here for you, and if you want to protect us like that, it’s like putting in a pile of stones in our river. It’ll change, and sometimes take a bad path. If we all go a different way, you’ll just wear yourself out trying to save us. So please, don’t follow through with your original plan, instead just have fun. It’ll help set your river back to its destination.”

“Woah.” Mehrunes said. “Better than I’ve done recently. Alright guys, we should probably go back to the mansion. Draco’s probably worried because he hasn't been attacked by me for an hour.” Mehrunes slid down the mountain and disappeared abruptly.

“Ich. Think about it. It’ll help you strive through.” Ivory said as she started to climb down the mountain.

“I already have.” I said, “…but don’t ever just go without warning. Otherwise I’d assume something happened to you.”

“Don’t worry. I think I’ll stay for a while. Just until they start to hatch.” Ivory said from a little down the mountain.

“Yeah…” I looked around for what I had sensed before. Seeing as Ivory was climbing down the mountain and Lagi was lying on the ground, I took this moment to look around.

Then, I spotted it… It was what I had sensed… Below the mountain, far away, was a figure… Dressed in white, with a weird mask with some weird circle shapes on it covering the figure’s face.

Mehrunes appeared back again.

“Why must you be slow?” Mehrunes asked.

“There! That’s what I sensed before!” I pointed.

Mehrunes looked at where I was pointing, but by the time he looked, the figure had disappeared.

“Uhh… Ich there’s no one there.” Mehrunes replied. “But as my friend I’m gonna go with: Hey, grab Lagi and Ivory now, so we can teleport back.”

“I swear there was somewhere there. Ivory is wrong. Someone is still out there trying to get her.” I said.

“I know. I believe you. That’s why I said ‘GRAB LAGI AND IVORY NOW’!” Mehrunes yelled, yanking Lagi up from the floor. “SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOW!”

“I’m back. Miss me?” Ivory asked. “I heard you screaming, and decided to take a look.”

“Good for you.” Mehrunes said, as we all appeared in Elec’s mansion, away from that mountain and that figure. “And now we’re safe from whomever that was. And Draco! HI! WE’RE OVER HERE!

We were in a hallway, and Draco was just ahead talking to Chill.

“Oh, hey guys! Where have you been?” Draco asked.

“We were fighting it out on a mountain, you missed it.” Mehrunes said sarcastically. “What you talking about?”

“Well, you guys remember that stone Chill is looking for right? Well he’s getting a bit impatient and he wants us to help him find it.” Draco said as Chill nodded.

“Fine. Everyone get in the ship we’re going in a little detour.” Mehrunes said. “I’m gonna go ask Saturo if he wants to come… just in case.”

“He’s gona have ta come, cuz he knowz da guy wit da stone.” Chill said.

“Can I not come? I want to take my hard earned nap.” Ivory asked.

“Take it in the ship, I promise to not shake it too much, we might need you.” Mehrunes said.

“Nah, we don’ need dem, ya can have yer nap. I knowz wut you been through, and ya need et.” Chill said.

“See. He agrees.” Ivory said.

“I also wish to take the nap.” Lagi said.

“Whatever. Chill its your mission on second thought, you get Saturo.” Mehrunes said. “Draco, Ich. Oh hi, Listy. Everyone in the ship please.”

“We’ll get there.” I nodded. “But… getting Saturo won’t be easy.”

“Don’ worry. I haz wayz. I’ll just force em ta get on da ship before he realizes et.” Chill said, “also, Lagi, Ivory, shoo! Go nap!”

“I’ll be ready to lift off.” Mehrunes said, moving down the hallway to get on the ship with Listy following him.

“Goodbye, good luck.” Ivory said as she walked away.

“Ich. if you ever… You know, need it. Just remember what Ivory said.” Lagi said as he walked away. “Oh, and also. Ivory might just be able to help with Saturo, if she was able to help with you. Should I tell her to try and talk to him? Or will you guys just take him with force?”

“Talk to him… Because then he might get mad.” I said, and Chill shrugged.

“Okay. I’ll tell Ivory. Also, why do you want him mad?” Lagi asked.

“I never said I wanted him mad.” I replied.

“Well, whatever. He’ll probably be out here if all goes well.” Lagi said. Lagi ran towards Ivory and told her something. Ivory nodded and said something.

“Where is Saturo?” she asked.

“Upstairs. The room next to Elec’s. His name is on it, so you would know.” I said.

“Got it.” Ivory said as she ran down the hallway to the stairs.

I turned to Chill and Draco. “Anyway, we should go to the spaceship then…” They nodded. And we were off.

To be continued in the next chapter....

Yep. Stuff happened. So, thoughts? Comments? ANYTHING?

See more stories by qU@2T$m@$t32