/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimataniam 8: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 3) | KidPub Press //
Ultimataniam 8: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 3)

Posted February 2nd, 2018 by QuartzMaster

by qU@2T$m@$t32

Here it is...

/----------

----------/

“You seriously think you can beat me with that?” Edgar asked, staring at the blue broadsword.

“Yeah.” Mehrunes replied.

“Think again.” Edgar said.

Suddenly, the ground under Mehrunes disappeared, causing Mehrunes to fall into a hole. At the very bottom were spikes, sharp pointy spikes. Mehrunes searched his pockets for anything as he fell, but was too late. He fell into the spikes, and injured his leg. Blood dripped from his leg onto the floor. The rest of his body was fine.

“As I said. Think again.” Edgar peeped down into the hole and smirked.

Mehrunes was about to say something, when suddenly Edgar dropped a knife, which made its way into Mehrunes’s other leg. Blood dripped again.

“And again. Think again.” Edgar said, “you can’t beat me with a simple broadsword. Bring out the real deal.” He looked down and saw what Mehrunes was putting up with. “Would you like a little help?”

Mehrunes grunted due to his legs. “Y-you’re insane.”

“Yes, I am.” Edgar replied, “now. Get up and fight me for real.”

The spikes were on a platform, that began going upward like an elevator. Soon it was all the way up, and the spikes and the knife disappeared, along with all the blood. Mehrunes’s injury had also disappeared.

“Illusions, Mehrunes.” Edgar said, “fake blood, and something that only makes it feel like you’re bleeding. See, again, I’ve learned a lot.” He then looked at the broadsword on the ground. He picked it up and handed it to Mehrunes. “If you insist on using this weapon, then so be it. Don’t expect any of the past.”

“Whatever.” Mehrunes said, absorbing his crystal.

“Ooooh. Now things will get interesting.” Edgar said.

“Yeah. Cause I’ll be fighting you.” Mehrunes said. “Do you happen to know, before we start, how yer clone jerk did the purple bomb thing.” Mehrunes threw a few stars at Edgar to make sure he was prepared.

“Yes.” Edgar deflected the stars.

“Wanna tell me?” Mehrunes asked, a machine gun firing stars at Edgar.

“There’s no need to.” Edgar replied, deflecting the stars one by one.

“Sure there is.” Mehrunes replied, shooting some stars with bombs on them.

“It’s the same method you would use.” Edgar said, trapping the bombs in between his hands as they exploded but did no damage. “But slightly different.”

“Super.” Mehrunes said. “Les go.” Mehrunes summoned a fireball using magic, then threw it at Edgar while at the same time teleporting behind him and punching the back of his head.

“Nice fireball.” Edgar said from his spot, “but your punches don’t hurt. You need to punch harder.” Edgar had caught the fireball with his hands, and turned around.

“OKAY!” Mehrunes said, having cast a spell, making so his punches hit harder, he then punched Edgar causing him to fly backwards, still holding the fireball. “How’s that?”

“Better. But you can do better.” Edgar replied.

“Yeah you’re right.” Mehrunes said, seeing Edgar hold the fireball ‘menacingly.’ “Have some fire.” Mehrunes threw two more fireballs, then ran with them, shockwaving the ground before he reached Edgar so he would lose balance.

“A great combo.” Edgar said, combining the fireballs with the one he was holding, and jumping over Mehrunes before he had made the shockwave. “Supposedly, I can teach you how to do what I’m doing? Touching high temperatures with my bare hands.”

“Every second I fight you, you confuse me more.” Mehrunes said, dousing Edgar and the fireball with water, causing steam to appear before summoning a lightning bolt, shooting it at Edgar.

Edgar posed his arms in front of him, making an ‘x’ shape, absorbing the lightning bolt. Then a ball of electricity appeared in his hands. “Another good combo. But you’ve not reached your full potential.”

“What’s your game right now?” Mehrunes asked, throwing a chunk of the ground at Edgar.

“I’m trying to teach you something.” Edgar said, breaking the chunk of ground with a fist. “You use the power space, and I have an ability to teach you, using it will make you more powerful than your friends, all of them combined. Though, it is not easy, it took me a month to master.”

“What?” Mehrunes asked, throwing a mass of random things, trying to break through.

“It’s a form that changes your body in a way.” Edgar replied, breaking everything that was being thrown at him.

“I don’t… get it.” Mehrunes said, slightly tiring.

“Would you like me to use it and show you?” Edgar asked.

“S-sure.” Mehrunes said.

“Alright then…” Edgar closed his eyes and focused. He then began to be surrounded by dust particles. After a moment he began glowing and changing color. He was colorful, every part of him had a pinch of color, and all were different. You couldn’t see much of him other than that. “There we go. Here it is.” Edgar was giving off a lot of energy and radiation.

“…What?” Mehrunes asked.

“This is the form I was trying to make you use.” Edgar said. “Its powerful and would be very useful for you.”

“O-okay…” Mehrunes said. “I’m confused… about everything… let’s start with how do I do that?”

“That’s the hard part. You have to charge some type of energy, space energy or whatever, and then use that energy to transform it to a different kind of energy, and then let it all out. Then this form is what’s left.” Edgar said.

“W-what does it do?” Mehrunes asked.

“Well. It’s makes you a living star.” Edgar said. “The guy I learned it from called it ‘Star Form’. It’s useful. Maybe attacks don’t work on it because it will absorb most of them.”

“Okay…” Mehrunes said. “So… why are you trying to teach me stuff? And how do I do that?”

“You use space powers, right?” Edgar said, “the magic isn’t what you use. Use the actual power, use the energy. Forget all the things you learned back at home for now.”

“W-what…?” Mehrunes asked, still confused. “S-sentinel do you know what he means…?”

“It’s an energy you already use. You just never realized it.” Sentinel informed Mehrunes.

“Super helpful…” Mehrunes replied, still trying to figure out the energy everyone else seemed to know about.

“Its an energy that stars give off, the suns give off. Radiation goes with it.” Edgar said.

“Oh…” Mehrunes said. “That… right…”

“Yeah. And you need to harness that energy and change it to combine with your inner energy that allows you to walk and stuff. Then you release that and basically become a living star.” Edgar explained.

“Okay…” Mehrunes said, closing his eyes like Edgar did.

“Yea. Now can you feel that energy? That solar energy?” Edgar asked.

“…yes…” Mehrunes replied.

“You’ve got to reach out and harness it. Harness some of it.” said Edgar.

Mehrunes focused, trying to reach the energy.

“Imagine you’re floating in space, in front of the sun. The energy the sun gives off… Harness it.” Edgar said.

Mehrunes did that, and the same particles began to appear.

“Good! That’s it!” Edgar said, “you’ve got it. You can stop the focus now.”

Mehrunes stopped focusing, and the particles stayed where they were.

“Do you feel different?” Edgar asked.

“Yeah…” Mehrunes replied.

“Now if you use any attack, you can put that energy in it and make it stronger.” Edgar said. “Especially the stars.”

Mehrunes summoned the stars, and they were packed with solar energy, and were glowing twice as bright than usual.

“Cool.” Mehrunes said.

“To take it all the way, you’ve got to practice more.” Edgar said.

“What do you mean, all the way?” Mehrunes asked.

“I’m at the actual form. You’ve made it to stage one.” Edgar replied. “Anyway… I’ve taught you what you needed to know. You wanna leave now?”

“I guess so…” Mehrunes replied.

“I’ll take you to your friends’ previous location.” Edgar said, “that good?”

“You mean the witch planet?” Mehrunes asked. “Ahm… I don’t really want to go back to that place…”

“No, I mean… The area they landed at while searching for you. We’re not far from there anyway. That’s why the tracker took them there.” Edgar replied.

“Oh sure.” Mehrunes said, looking at the particles around him, “how do I stop these particles…?”

“Let go of the energy. Like this.” Edgar then released the energy and turned back to normal.

“Oh.” Mehrunes replied, releasing the energy and turning back to normal. “Well… I guess I’ll be going back to my friends. By the way, do I get a robot?”

“No, I have to do some more experimenting with that.” Edgar said. “Maybe next time.”

“Oh good there’s gonna be more. Welp.” Mehrunes said. “Bye.”

?

“Well. Turns out we are in a prison.” Saturo said, staring at the giant building in front of us.

“That’s bad.” Listy said.

“Thanks Ms. Captain obvious.” Draco said.

“Well that’s not very nice.” Listy said.

“Hey at least you have the title Captain. That’s pretty good.” Draco said with a shrug.

“Then what am I?” Draelin asked.

“Hmmm… you're just a private.” Draco replied with another shrug.

“Heh.” Draelin said.

“Well, uh. We should probably not just stand here.” Saturo said, “maybe, we could try and find a way out of this prison?”

“Well… yeah.” Listy said.

“Maybe we should try to find a gate or something that would take us out? There’s no security here. So no one knows we’re here.” Lavender said.

“Good idea.” Draco said.

“Yeah. Now let’s actually act and do something other than standing.” I said, taking off into the air to get a view.

I looked around. I was about ten feet higher than the building, and the roof of the building was empty with nothing on it. I turned around and looked at the other side… The area we were at… where the spaceship had landed… I spotted a figure there…

Curious, I flew closer towards the figure. When I began flying downward towards the figure I realized who it was… It was Mehrunes.

“Huh. When did he get there?” Draco asked who had followed me using his wings.

“I dunno.” I shrugged as I flew down towards Mehrunes. “Hey Mehrunes!” I shouted over to him, “where were you?!”

“Everywhere…” Mehrunes said. “…and nowhere.”

“What?” I asked.

“Yep.” Mehrunes said. “Now. You doin anything important?”

“Well the tracker brought us here, in the middle of a prison yard on a planet with a lot of prisons on it.” I said. “But when we landed and got out, someone went on in and stole it. So we’re kind of stuck here.”

“Yeah.” Draco landed next to me, since he was slower it took him time to get down here. “So, where were you again?”

“Not tellin.” Mehrunes said. “So quit askin.”

“Why?” Draco asked.

“Because it’s not like you can make me.” Mehrunes said. “It doesn't matter. Lets get offa this rock.”

“It does matter though. We were looking for you, but the tracker we had didn’t lead us to you, so we need to know why!” Draco said.

“No. You don’t.” Mehrunes replied.

“Why not? Explain why we don’t need to know.” Draco said, folding his arms.

Mehrunes looked at Draco.

“No. Don’t have to.” Mehrunes said.

“You're unbearable sometimes.” Draco said, rolling his eyes.

“Says you.” Mehrunes said.

“Oh hey there he is.” said Saturo, appearing behind us with the others. “Where were you?” He asked.

“Doesn’t matter.” Mehrunes replied.

“I guess so.” Saturo shrugged it off. “Well, then, shall we find our way out of here?”

“Yes.” Mehrunes replied.

“Alright then, we need a plan. So, we know we’re in a prison yard, and its pretty long and has fences out far. We need transportation to get out of here quickly.” Saturo said. “I’m thinking before we try to leave the planet, we try and get out of this prison and searching for a spaceship.”

“Not a bad plan, Saturo.” Pixel said, “I do have transportation on me, some speeders. We can quickly make it to the fences.” He paused. “However, it’s not a finished model and has some errors…”

“Does it really matter? If it still moves then we should just use it.” Saturo said.

“Alright then, we can use it.” Pixel took out another device and scanned out of it a big speeder, floating two feet above the ground. “Hop on.”

All of us hopped onto the speeder quietly. Pixel did some things on the machine and it started moving, at a pretty fast speed.

“Can this thing go any faster?” Saturo asked.

“Yeah…”

“Then make it!” Saturo told Pixel.

“That’s risky. It could go wrong.” Pixel said.

“Well… How so?” Saturo asked.

“I don’t know. I’ll do it if you want. It’s just risky.” Pixel said, “this thing is really, really fast. It can go up to the speed of sound.”

“Oh. Cool.” Saturo didn’t seem to care that much. Everyone else just stood there. “Do it.”

“Okay then…” Pixel hesitantly did something, and the speeder sped up. It went so fast, I could swear someone had fallen off, but I couldn’t tell because I was holding onto a bar at the side.

Then it stopped. I felt a bit dizzy, and I looked around. Saturo was off the speeder, looking around. I decided to see if anyone did fall off, by looking to see who was here and who was not.

I spotted, behind the speeder, Mehrunes, Listy, Uchiho, Draco, and Draelin. They were on the floor looking dizzy as well. Lavender, I spotted next to Saturo. Pixel and Talsa were still on the speeder, Pixel looked like he was turning it off or something.

The speeder then disappeared and I fell to the floor, but landing it. “Good news,” Pixel said, “we’re out of the prison area, out of Tomorrowland.” He was looking at a device again. “We’re also in a different region now, in Midgard.”

“Is there bad news?” Mehrunes asked, getting up.

“Nope.” Pixel said, “other than we’re in private land. We’re basically trespassers.” He pointed at a medium sized house surrounded in vibrant green bushes and other strange looking plants in the distance. “Other than that, there’s no bad news at all.”

“Except that we’re trespassing.” Mehrunes replied.

“Hey, we can knock on the door and tell them someone stole our spaceship and we wanna leave.” Saturo suggested.

“Saturo, you’re forgetting we’re on the planet of prisons.” Lavender shook her head. “People here would be used to criminals. They might think we are criminals that escaped.”

“Well… Only one way to find out. We can think of what to do later after whatever happens.” Saturo walked up to the house and knocked the door, the rest of us staying behind.

It was silent as we watched to see who would open the door. The door swung open.

“Hello.” A boy, who look like he was about 14, asked, “Who are you?”

“I’m Saturo.” Saturo said, “and uh, we kind of need a way out of this place.”

“Oh. That can be a problem sometimes.” The boy said, “by the way, my name’s Tango.”

“No kidding.” Mehrunes replied. “Oi wait don’t we know you?”

“Tango you said?” I said, “as in, that other Tango we met?” Looking at his face, it was a dumb question.

Tango turned slightly pink. “Um. Yeah. About that… It wasn’t me talking.”

“Nonsense.” Mehrunes said. “Who was it then?”

“I was possessed. The words were coming out of my mouth,” Tango admitted, “but I wasn’t the one saying them.”

“Sure.” Mehrunes replied. “Then who possessed you?”

Tango frowned. “I don’t know. They never told me their name. They said, names aren’t important. Just ask Lauren. She was there.”

“Who’s Lauren?” Lavender asked.

“A friend of mine.” Tango definitely turned slightly pink, this time.

“Doesn’t look that way to me.” Saturo smirked. “Looks like she’s your girlfriend or something.”

“I… Uh…” Tango stammered.

“You didn’t decline!” Saturo said, “well, we have some news! But it isn’t… Important right now. Hey Tango. Can you help us get off this planet?”

“Well… I can get access to the government. And they might listen to my request…” Tango looked relieved to not be talking about Lauren, anymore.

“Great!” Saturo said, “well, how long will that take?”

“I don’t know.” Tango admitted, sadly. “They can take quite a while to answer requests to leave sometimes.” Tango hesitated, like there was something he didn’t want to mention.

“Uh huh.” Mehrunes said, skeptically. “Really? You seem nervous.”

“Well… there is another way…” Tango mumbled. “It’s just that. Well. To do it I would need to compete in a rated tournament. And my whole life here I’ve been avoiding that.”

“I already hate this planet.” Mehrunes said.

“A rated tournament?” Pixel asked.

“Yeah. In a rated tournament you can win a rating prize and can request something from the government if you place well.” Tango sighed. “A rating prize that people will raid your house to get at.”

“Interesting. Well. If you ask me, I’ll stay awhile. Until we think of a good plan to use.” Pixel said.

“Good idea.” I agreed. “Can we stay here? With you? Since you already know us…”

“Sure.” Tango opened the door and stepped aside. “Watch out for the vines though. Some of them get unfriendly with strangers.”

“Wait, what is the vines…?” Saturo asked.

“Well…” Tango started “I’ve been experimenting with this trick I learned that lets you create semi-intelligent plants. But I’m not very good at it and the vines tend to get a little too close with people’s necks.”

“Oh, that’s… pleasant.” Saturo said sarcastically. “Well, then, we’ll avoid them.” Saturo and everyone else stood there waiting for when we can actually enter the house.

“Yeah. Other than that you should be fine.” Tango stated, calmly, as though plants trying to strangle you was no big deal.

“Okay then… Let’s go inside then.” Saturo said, walking inside, “do you have any lemonade or something? I’m thirsty. For juice. Not water.”

“Um. Lemme check,” Tango replied as the rest of us entered his house behind Saturo.

“Hey!” Draelin suddenly called out. “Who’s this?” We all looked and saw a photo, with Tango, some other girl near his age, and a much younger girl, she looked very close to Draelin’s age.

“A picture.” Mehrunes replied.

“I know that. But I mean, who is she? Where is she?” Draelin asked, “I wanna meet her!”

Just then, Tango emerged, carrying a pitcher of lemonade.

“Oh thanks!” Saturo smiled, “but I didn’t really mean it, it was more a joke… Thanks anyway!”

“I have too many lemons, anyway,” Tango smiled back.

“Who’s this?” Draelin repeated her question for the millionth time, it was getting a bit annoying. I gave Tango a ‘answer her question’ kind of look.

“Oh. That’s Bella. Lauren’s younger sister.” Tango looked at Draelin for a second, before continuing. “If you’d like I can try to find where she is right now. I think you’d like her.”

“Yeah! I wanna play with someone my age.” Draelin said.

Tango was standing with his eyes closed, deep in concentration. I wondered what he was doing.

“Okay. She should be able to come over tomorrow, if you’d like. Or you could wait and not see her for a few days.” Tango teased Draelin.

“Tomorrow’s fine. We’re staying, right?” She looked at the others, including myself.

“Uh, yeah… Until we know a way out.” I answered.

“Good!” Draelin said. “Oh and by the way, Draco’s asleep on the couch.”

“Wow. How… how… how draco-like.” Saturo said, “he’s fell asleep so many times. Is he not getting enough sleep at night?”

“Dunno. Well, we should all get some rest. Where can we sleep, Tango?” I asked him.

“There are some extra rooms upstairs and downstairs.” Tango replied. “I think there should be enough room for everyone…”

“Oh good. Well then. We’ll plan again tomorrow.” Saturo said.

“Don’t even think about it!” Tango scolded the ceiling above us.

There was a vine, about to grab Saturo’s neck. But when Tango scolded it, it fell back like an ashamed puppy and looked sorry.

We just all laughed.

To be continued in the next chapter....

See more stories by qU@2T$m@$t32