//
Ultimatanium: 2nd Series of Ultimates: (Chapter 12)

Posted May 13th, 2017 by QuartzMaster

by $iLiC0nDi0XidEm@$Te7

Here's the next chapter. A lot is going on in between chapters so read them in order!

/----------

----------/

We had set Mehrunes on his bed in his room which was separate from Glare’s house. Lavender had went to help the others stop the ghost from getting the other shards.

Listy and Dander were having a conversation about curing Mehrunes, and I was just listening. Kehori was outside in the living room in Glare’s house, doing something.

“How did your sword get stolen anyway?” Listy questioned. “And why could you only use that to take away the sickness, that seems like it should be different.”

“It’s not a sword. It’s a dagger.” Dander replied.

“Okay…” Listy replied. “So how did the dagger get stolen?”

“My opponent stole it from me, while I was off guard.” Dander said, “and that opponent is actually good at fighting. He is challenging.”

“Yeah yeah, insults aside who was this ‘opponent that is actually good at fighting and is challenging’?” Listy questioned.

“His name… Was Quartz.” Dander said, “his main power is rock, and he’s… Too good using them. But I can still beat him if I wanted.”

“Why don’t you get the dagger back if you can beat him?” Listy questioned.

“Well, it’s not as easy. Because he’s not alone all the time. His brothers or sisters are usually with him. I can’t fight them all, because some of them are even better than Quartz.” Dander said.

“Then ask for it.” Listy replied.

“Well. Yes, I could do that…” Dander said, “well we’ll have to get to him to do that.”

“Well yeah.” Listy replied. “I mean, we could just use the teleporter again.”

“Oh yes. We can.” Dander said, “then you can go get it from Kehori.”

“Okay…” Listy replied, leaving the house.

After a minute, she returned with the teleporter.

“So, you want me to go and get it back?” Dander asked.

“Yes.” Listy replied.

“Alone?” Dander asked.

“If you want.” Listy replied. “Why? Scared?”

“No, I’m not scared.” Dander responded.

“Then why did you ask?” Listy questioned. “Did you want help?”

“No, I’m just seeing. If you wanted to go or not.” Dander said.

“At least there's that.” Listy replied. “Go get your dagger.”

“Alright. I may or may not return.” Dander said, before he disappeared with the teleporter.

“Wait…” I said, “‘may or may not’?”

“Yeah… he had better return.” Listy replied.

“But… why did he make it sound like a suicide mission or something?” I asked.

“I think it’s best to NOT question that…” Listy replied.

?

“I’ve found it…” Rorikan said.

“Took you long enough!” Mehrunes exclaimed.

“I’ve figured out how to fight a ghost. Well, an attack. It’s an attack, that banishes the ghost back to where it’s supposed to be… Usually the Ghostlands, I think… Or Land of the Ghosts, or whatever it’s called.” Rorikan explained.

“That would be very useful, if I wasn't dying…” Mehrunes replied. “Ahh I’m sure my friends are working on that. Could you teach me that attack?”

“Yes. You’ve got to focus your energy… Well you’ve got to tell yourself you’re doing that attack first. If you did it right, you’d be surrounded by a green aura. After that, you say something, I don’t think you need to, but you need to hit the ghost, punch, kick, whatever.” Rorikan explained, “and then they will banish.”

“Okay… what if the ghost is possessing someone?” Mehrunes asked.

“Then you punch the possessed someone, and the ghost will disappear and the possessed person would return to normal.” Rorikan answered.

“Okay… that’s all well and good, but how would I prevent the ghost from possessing me?” Mehrunes asked.

“If you’re surrounded by the aura, it shouldn’t be able to come close. Cause if they touch you, they would vanish because their weakness is that energy you’ve created.” Rorikan answered.

“Okay.” Mehrunes replied. “So do I have to punch it, or could I put the energy into another attack?”

“As long as you have the energy, you’re good.” Rorikan answered.

“Okay, that’s good.” Mehrunes replied. “Did you find what the crystals do?”

“Crystals? You mean the shards?” Rorikan asked.

“Their practically the same thing, but yeah, those.” Mehrunes replied.

“When the shards are brought together and are turned into the crystal, it has the power to make a ghost turn back into a human, or back to how they originally were.” Rorikan said.

“That makes so much sense!” Mehrunes exclaimed. “And at the same time less sense.”

“Yeah, I guess.” Rorikan said back. “Any other questions?”

“Yeah, why would a ghost want to go ‘back to normal’?” Mehrunes asked.

“Why wouldn’t they? Being a ghost isn’t fun, because you can’t do anything. And if you were normal but you were turned into a ghost, your power can decrease a lot, so the ghost would want to have it’s power and turn back to normal.” Rorikan said.

“Then how come there aren’t a whole lot of ghosts going after it?” Mehrunes questioned.

“Not a whole lot of ghosts know about it. Besides, there are more than one, based on what I’ve seen.” Rorikan answered.

“Interesting.” Mehrunes replied.

“Yep. So… You might want to practice the attack here. In the Dream World, you can still train and you will know it in the Real World, most of the time.” Rorikan said.

“Okay.” Mehrunes replied.

?

Dander appears right next to a giant mountain. He looked around. He began to walk around, before he froze.

What he saw in front of him, was a town. And the town was getting destroyed… Wrecked… It was being attacked by one of Ultimate Darth’s armies. This army was big. It had more than 500 men.

“Oh fudge…” Dander says, “I’ll need to get out of here…”

Dander slowly backs away. He spotted a rock nearby, and to hide, he turned into its shadow.

“I regret coming here.” Dander thought to himself. “The dagger isn’t really important… Mehrunes doesn’t need to be healed…”

Dander then began to run away, after he was no longer a shadow.

?

I stood there, with Glare and Draco. The ghost had just said that he got all the shards… But did he really?

Very likely yes…

“Don’t worry.” Glare said, “he won’t get away. You two go back upstairs.”

“Okay.” I replied.

?

“So…” I said to Listy, “when do you think Mehrunes will wake up?”

“I have no clue.” Listy responded.

“Why don’t we just contact Stare somehow and get him to heal Mehrunes again like last time?” I asked, before I realized, “oh wait you weren’t there last time…”

“Yeah, I wasn't.” Listy replied. “So if you can do that, go ahead.”

“I can’t though, cause I don’t know how to contact Stare.” I said. “Glare probably would be able to, though.”

“Okay.” Listy replied.

“Maybe… We should…” I started, but then I stopped.

A familiar person walked into the room… It was Uchiho!

“Wait… Mehrunes? You guys are back already? Wait… Is Mehrunes sick?” Uchiho asked. “What happened to him?”

“A ghost possessed him and Dander made him sick… again apparently.” Listy replied.

“Oh. Well, I’ve been practicing healing very often… I’m getting good at it, maybe I can heal him?” Uchiho suggested.

“You probably can’t. This time it’s ten times worse than last time.” I said.

But Uchiho ignored me, and she walked up to Mehrunes, and her hands suddenly were surrounded by a pink aura.

Mehrunes suddenly began to cough. Uchiho looked like she was struggling for some reason, and before I could say anything…

“There! It worked!” Uchiho said, looking tired, “he’s healed.”

Suddenly, while the three of us were sitting around Mehrunes’s bed, Mehrunes’s eyes opened. He sat up, and he wasn’t dark anymore… He looked completely fine!

“Is he actually healed? Are you okay Mehrunes?” I asked.

Mehrunes examined himself before replying.

“I mean I’ve been better…” Mehrunes said. “But yeah, I’m okay.”

“Oh well… That means Uchiho did it!” I said, “good job Uchiho!”

Before Uchiho could reply, Lagi came at the door.

“Guys! The ghost! He’s got the shards and is just outside!” Lagi shouted, “come on! We gotta stop him!”

All of us, including Mehrunes, got up and ran outside the room, and then out to the front door. Saturo, Draco, and Ivory were already there, and we could see floating shards! The ghost has them!

“Okay… How do we fight a ghost!?” Saturo shouted in question, looking back at the rest of us.

“You distract him, I’ll attempt to banish him…” Mehrunes said quietly. “Don’t ask, just do it…”

Saturo realized that Mehrunes had gotten up, and probably wondered how he was healed. He then looked at Draco.

“Draco you do something to distract him.” Saturo told him.

“I’ll see what I can do.” Draco replied.

Draco then shot a blast of plasma at the ground nearby the ghost, causing a large glowing dust cloud to cover almost everything around us.

“Alright now let’s see…” Draco said before I heard a whistle.

AHEAHEAHEAHEAHEAHEAHAHAEHAEH!!” a loud familiar sound was heard.

Then, we spotted Fireball riding on Zephyr with catnip in his mouth.

“What in the--” the ghost started to say.

Then, Fireball began to dance on Zephyr while still laughing.

“Now… If you’re gonna do something, Mehrunes, now’s the time…” Saturo said to Mehrunes.

Mehrunes, who has a green aura now, smirks a little before a decently big blast of green energy comes from his hand, covering up the shards.

We watched to see if anything happened.

“What was that even supposed to do?” The ghost then asked.

“It’s apparently supposed to banish ghosts.” Mehrunes replied. “To wherever they came from. It was worth a shot even if it didn’t work.”

The ghost then began to laugh.

“Are you trying to have a laugh-off with Fireball?” Mehrunes questioned. “Because you won’t win.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s not what he’s doing.” Draco said.

But then suddenly, the shards began to glow! And then, they fused together, becoming one gem. All of us watched in awe. The gem was floating and glowing, making it hard to see.

It suddenly got so bright, we had to look away. After a while, the glowing stopped. We looked and saw…

It was a man with an eye patch, wearing a pirate-like red shirt and brown pants. He had light skin, and a brown eye, and he was holding the gem in his hands.

“Hey if you give us the gem, all's well that ends well.” Mehrunes says. “In a way.”

“It’s not yours, so I wouldn’t give it to you.” The man said.

“In a moral sense, yes you are correct, in this situation we were sent to retrieve two of the little shards and so it was our end goal, thus making it less of is it mine and more of abiding our superior.” Mehrunes replied.

“Well sorry, but, I’m going to take it.” The man said, smirking.

“Why?” Mehrunes asked. “Are your ghost buddies waiting?”

The man laughed. “That’s the funny part. I’m not a ghost, I never was!”

“Well I pretty much knew that you weren't a ghost, it wasn't hard to tell… after the attack failed… my point is why do you need the gem?” Mehrunes replied.

“I was cursed. And I will be cursed again, while I’m getting my revenge… With the gem I will be able to get my revenge.” The man said.

“Right…” Mehrunes replied. “No… wait no that’s not good at all.”

“Besides, you can’t stop me. Not now, since I’ve turned back to normal.” The man said, while smirking. “My power has gone back to normal… I can get my revenge!”

“But who do you want revenge on anyway?” Draco asked.

“On the person who cursed me!” The man shouted.

“And what is their name?” Draco asked.

“Details aren’t needed.” The man said, before he turned around and began to walk away, “I should get going, I’m wasting my time.”

“Whatever.” Mehrunes replied. “You go and do that. Or don’t.”

Then, the man disappeared from our sight.

“So now what do we do?” Draco asked.

“I don’t know…” I said.

Before anyone else could say anything, Glare appeared. We all looked over at him. We were all quiet for a couple of seconds before Mehrunes spoke up.

“The ghost turned into a guy and took the gem.” Mehrunes said.

“It doesn’t matter as much anymore. You did you mission. It’s time for your prizes.” Glare said, smiling.

“Oh yeah! I forgot about that we would get prizes.” Draco said.

“But it’s given to who got here first! Ich was controlled so it doesn’t count! I came before Draco and Lavender, so Mehrunes, Listy, and I get the prizes!” Saturo shouted.

“But Ich had both shards…” Draco said.

“But Ich was controlled so it doesn’t count! And, I was closer to him so… Yeah! We should get the prize! Right Listy? Mehrunes?” Saturo said before looking over at Listy and Mehrunes.

“Well it’s not bad logic behind it.” Mehrunes replied. “And it is true that the only reason Ich got here was the ghost… and technically we got our shard first timewise so… sure.”

“Yeah.” Listy said.

“See?” Saturo then said with a smirk while looking at Draco, Lavender and I.

“It’s not good to be so smug about things you know.” Draco commented. “But whatever you guys win I guess.”

“No! We can’t just give up, Draco!” Lavender yelled, “we were behind Saturo when we came to find Ich! Actually we were next to him! We should win!”

“Well the rule was that the first team to get back wins so I guess you’re right.” Draco said.

“Yeah. Team, not single person.” Mehrunes replied. “So if anything at all, we all were here about the same time… so there is not a good way to tell who won as the opposite team will argue anyway.”

“Well to be granted you were unconscio--...” Draco was saying but he was interrupted.

“So…” Glare spoke, loudly, interrupting Draco, “to solve this problem, all of you will get the prize. Now, down in the lab I have a car. Get in, we’re going to Bright City to get your prize.”

Mehrunes, Saturo, Listy, Draco, Lavender and I followed Glare back inside. Lagi, Ivory, and Uchiho looked somewhat sad because they don’t get a prize. They weren’t on the mission anyway, so it's fair. I wonder what the prize is!

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS! OR ELSE!!!!!!!

To be continued in the next chapter.

See more stories by $iLiC0nDi0XidEm@$Te7