/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Eight: (Chapter 3) | KidPub Press //
Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Eight: (Chapter 3)

Posted March 28th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

here's the next chapter

Chapter 3: Ichoo

“There,” I said. “Now don’t do that ever again.”

Amaranth and Laceleaf dropped into the basement of Lavender’s house, returning home.

“Okay, we won’t do that again,” Amar said. “For now, at least.”

“…” I stared at him. “No. I said never do that again.”

“Can’t make any promises that we can’t keep,” Laceleaf said with a smirk and a shrug.

“*SIGH*” I sighed. “Well, I’m leaving.”

“Nice playing with ya Ich!” The two of them waved at me as I headed upstairs. Achi wasn’t down here anymore, so I wondered where she went.

I would have to find her and let her know what happened. I should tell Saturo and Lavender. Hmm where were they?

“Saturoooo? Lavender?” I called through the house.

But I got no reply. I was sure he was home, because there was nothing else they could be doing at this point.

“Saturo?” I continued calling as I walked through the house. I searched all the rooms, and when I got to the living room. Achikara was sitting there watching television.

“Oh hey Achi!” I greeted her.

“Ich! Where have you been!?” she exclaimed, getting up and tackling me into a hug. “Saturo said you were on the run from the EFAI!”

“I was,” I replied, holding her tight, trying not to blush. “But my Dad scared the enemy off. So we don’t have to worry about them trying to capture Saturn and Phoenix anymore. As long as they’re in the realm.”

“I’m just glad you’re okay…” Achi muttered. “I was worried…”

“Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself,” I said to her. “You just need to stay here where it’s safe. It’s not over yet. I still have to things.”

“N-no!”

“What?”

She held onto me, squeezing me tighter than before.

“You keep leaving me…” she muttered. “Ever since we got back here… we’re not together as much anymore… I want us to be together…”

Huh? Was this what this was about? Well…

“But it’s too dangerous…” I said. I could feel myself blushing, and my heart was pounding due to how cute Achi was being.

“I don’t care if it’s too dangerous! I wanna stay by your side all the time!” Achikara exclaimed. Gah, she was so cute!

“Well…” Seeing her like this, being all cute and all, how could I refuse? “Okay, you can stay by my side!”

“Yay!” She clung onto me. It’s hard to resist her beauty sometimes, but I had to find Saturo and tell him what happened. I’ll just take Achi with me everywhere from now on. I remembered the times after I met her, we’d spent every second after that together. She missed me and wanted me around, so I was gonna take her with me.

To be honest, I missed her too. She was my happiness, and I loved her. I already proposed to her so we were engaged… I wondered when our wedding would be. Dad hadn’t said anything about it yet, so not yet I suppose.

“Hey Achi, do you know where Saturo is?” I asked.

“He’s in his room, I think,” Achi said.

“Ah okay.” I walked over to find his room, with Achi tagging behind me. She was clinging to my arm, at my side. “Where’s his room again?”

Achi pointed ahead at a door.

“That’s Lavender’s room though…” I said, scratching my head.

“Yeah.” Achi nodded. “They share a room.”

“R-right, I forgot.” I went forward towards the door. I stopped my hand at the handle. “Are they in there?”

“I dunno.” Achi shrugged. “I think they are… I didn’t see them anywhere else.”

“Well, alright then,” I opened the door. “Hey Saturo-”

I spotted Saturo… but Lavender was with him. And they were just sitting there, cuddled up in each other, kissing each other. Achi and I just stood awkwardly at the door, our faces becoming red.

“Uhh…” I said, as I just stood there.

After a few moments, they noticed that we were there.

“I-ICH!?” Saturo kind of exploded and Lavender hid, blushing. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON THE RUN!” Saturo’s face was very red as he was blushing.

“W-well I was! But Winodren scared him off!” I said.

Saturo looked very embarrassed. “Y-you saw nothing in here.”

“S-sure,” I agreed.

Then there was an awkward silence.

“I-is this what you guys normally do when you’re alone?” I then asked.

“Yes…” Saturo looked away, still blushing.

I realized I was also blushing for some reason. Lavender then came out of hiding, taking a deep breath.

“Well, welcome back I guess…” she said. Her face was red, and she was acting different than how she usually acted. “S-so… what happened?”

“W-well… The EFAI isn’t going after Saturn and Phoenix anymore… since they’re scared to enter Winodren’s realm,” I explained.

“Oh. So you’re good to go?” Lav asked.

“Yeah.” I nodded. “But I’m gonna do more now… I think I’ll find their base and fight them, get some evidence to expose them. Then the Ultimate Council will deal with them.”

“Meh said he was hiding and being a bounty hunter,” Saturo said.

“Yeah.” I nodded again. “They would go after him. I’m still a threat, and I will continue to be.”

“You seriously plan on fighting them?” Lav asked. “Or, try to get evidence? How exactly do you plan on doing that?”

I scratched my head. “W-well I’m not exactly sure… I’ll figure it out.”

Saturo and Lavender both just stared at me.

“Well, good luck then,” Saturo then said. “Do get away from here… Lav’s Dad would get mad if the EFAI were to attack.”

“Yeah I plan on leaving,” I said, turning around. “Let’s go Achi!”

? Mehrunes ?

“Sorry I’m a little late,” Teleyon said. He entered the Bounty Canteen, holding a briefcase.

“So you’re the hacker?” Hamshere asked, looking at Teleyon as he spun his pistol in his hand.

“Yes.” Teleyon nodded. “Mehrunes called me, you guys wanted to infiltrate the EFAI, correct?”

“Sort of. We’re just gonna get some evidence that we could get a lot of money off of, expose them,” Hamshere replied. “That’s what Corpse agreed to. Attacking them would be too risky.”

“I think it will be fine,” Teleyon said. “We should go somewhere private.”

“Agreed,” I said.

“Well, alright.” Hamshere tapped his earpiece in his ear. “Corpse, the hacker arrived. Says we should go somewhere private. I say we go to our base.” There was a moment of silence as Hamshere heard back from Corpse. “Got it, we’re on our way.” He then released the earpiece as he put away his pistol and got up. “Let’s go guys, we’re headin’ to our spaceship.”

“Alright.” Teleyon nodded.

Hamshere then led all of us, including Listy who was beside me, to the back of the Bounty Canteen, where there was a spaceship parked. The back door was open and became a ramp, allowing entree. Hamshere led us inside the spaceship, and the door closed behind us. Inside there were seats and a table attached to the ground.

“Hey there.” Corpse then appeared. “Ah, you’re the hacker?” He looked down at Teleyon.

“Yeah, my name is Teleyon,” Teleyon replied, setting his briefcase on the table. “I already have hacked into the EFAI’s database… and I couldn’t find anything.”

“Couldn’t find nothin?” Corpse questioned, as Hamshere headed into a different room of the spaceship.

“Nope, nothing. Nothing that makes them look bad, at least,” Teleyon replied. He pulled out his laptop and turned it on.

“Well then we can’t take them down…” Corpse said, thinking to himself.

“I have a clue though,” Teleyon said. “In the space station facility, that’s where their leader, Dr. Mousha, is located.”

“Dr. Mousha?” Corpse looked confused. “Isn’t the EFAI founded by Dr. He?”

“Was. He left, and I was able to find evidence of that. Dr. He didn’t like where the company was going and he left, and his former assistant, Dr. Mousha, became leader,” Teleyon said, typing quickly on his laptop.

“Huh… and we just have to capture Dr. Mousha? Is that the evidence?” Corpse asked.

“No, you can’t force things out of him. He’s old, I hear, but is powerful. In terms of actual physical strength and proper use of energy,” Teleyon said. “He’ll be hard to get past.”

“So wait, what is the evidence that will allow us to make money?” Hamshere asked, coming into the room.

“I have no clue. I assume it’s located in Dr. Mousha’s special office,” Teleyon said. “We have to just break in there.”

“Tely, can you maybe chill,” I said, joining in the convo. “We’re probably being listened to, by some punk who followed me.”

“Listened to?” Teleyon looked over at me for a brief second. “Hold on, you mean the EFAI is listening to us? I made sure I wasn’t being followed.”

“He followed me when I encountered his crew leader, distracted him and got paid,” I replied. “So he’s probably still around.”

“I’ll search the ship,” Hamshere said, before leaving the room again, “Paulo, take off!”

I tried to sense the guy who was following me again as the spaceship hovered over the ground and took off. But I didn’t sense anyone else in the spaceship other than the bounty hunters, Listy, and Teleyon. I also sensed Saio’s presence in another room, she probably was still in a coma.

“Doesn’t seem like anyone is in here,” Corpse said, looking around other rooms. “There aren’t a lot of places to hide in our ship.”

“It’s a organization that makes mutants. I’m gonna be as careful as possible. Who knows, maybe he can turn into objects. I don’t know,” I replied.

“Why don’t you go check, Meh,” Teleyon said. “You’ve got powers that could maybe help find them?”

“Well, I can’t sense the guy, I don’t have any thermal or anything, I dunno what I would do other than be able to see him if he was invisible.” I shrugged. “But sure. I’ll go look.”

“If you find him, take him somewhere else other than here,” Corpse said. “Then you can come back and we’ll go with the plan.”

“Aight,” I replied, walking into another room.

I scanned the room quickly, looking for anything suspicious. There were a lot of boxes and things that looked like garbage in here. I walked over and looked behind some boxes to see if someone was hiding there.

But then I felt something odd. Like a whoosh, as something passed by me but was invisible. I looked around more carefully, there were a lot of hiding spots. Fed up with it, I blew all the boxes down, leaving no hiding spots. There was more of that whoosh, and I knew something was running around in here.

I made a barrier of stardust energy at the doorway, blocking it to see if this guy could still escape. But it turns out he couldn’t, since he continued to ‘whoosh’ around in this room.

“How about we have a chat mister whooshy,” I said. “You’ve got nothing better to do, and I can totally catch you.”

“Fine.” The whooshing stopped and I spotted a guy in a black hoodie and jeans standing in the middle of the room. He had blue pointy hair and brown eyes. That exact person who tried to take an order back at the canteen.

“I’m gonna go ahead and assume you’re here to eavesdrop on us from the EFAI, yeah?” I asked.

“Your assumption is correct, yeah,” the guy replied. “You’re… Mehrunes, a bounty hunter, correct?”

“You got that,” I replied. “Glad to know I’m well known.”

“Yes, the EFAI knows about you, but you’re not much of a threat. The guy who hired you is, but Raemon’s taking care of him,” the guy said. “I’m just keeping tabs on you. From what I’ve heard, you and your bounty hunter gang are becoming a threat, since you know the truth.”

“Oh, I know much more than the truth, and you probably know that.” I smirked.

“I just know you’re a bounty hunter who’s involved with the EFAI,” the guy said.

“I wouldn't trust what you had to say if you had a reputation for truth,” I replied. “Hope you understand.”

“Well then I hope you understand that I have to take you in,” the guy said, getting into a fighting position.

“You don’t wanna fight me,” I replied, with a devious smirk.

“I didn’t say I would fight you. I said I would take you in,” the guy replied.

I smiled. “HEY CORPSE, I FOUND HIM!” I yelled.

“Oh sh-” The guy panicked and tried to hide.

The energy barrier I had at the door disappeared and Corpse appeared there, with what seemed to be some sort of assault rifle.

“Where?” Corpse asked, looking around.

“He’s kinda a scumbag, goes invisible or something,” I replied simply.

“Ah there he is!” Corpse pointed his gun at the corner of the room, where the guy was standing, visible.

“Shoot,” the guy said. “You’ve found me.”

“Yes, now you gotta get out of our ship,” Corpse said, his rifle ready and loaded.

The guy smiled. “I have more abilities, other than just speed.”

“Hm? Did you hear anything I just said?” Corpse asked, still waiting to fire his rifle.

“Yes, I did,” The guy said. “But…” He then began humming a tune.

“What are you…d-doing…?” Corpse questioned, as he then slumped onto the ground, falling into a deep sleep. I plugged my ears upon seeing this so I wouldn’t be affected.

“Stop,” I ordered.

The guy then stopped humming and smirked. “Well, goodbye!” He looked over at the door where Corpse was sleeping at, and looked like he was about to run off. I punched him square in the face and re-blocked the door with stardust energy.

“I got an agenda to keep,” I replied. “And your cute little sleeping spell is annoying.”

The guy wiped his face where he had gotten punched. “Sleeping is only for that song. I have other songs that can kill you, make you do as I say… pretty much anything I want. The creature I was mutated from is cool.”

“Sounds like it,” I replied.

“Anyway, would you kindly open the door and let me go?” The guy asked.

“Yeah sure man, just like… two more things before you go, you don’t mind right?” I asked.

“I don’t mind, I’ve got a lot of time on my hands.” The guy shrugged.

“So do you happen to like, know anything about who you’ve got kidnapped around the areas? Is it all in the space station? I got a few people in mind.” I shrugged. “Not that urgent though. Don’t really care.”

“No, I’m not on the kidnapping team, so I have no clue,” The guy replied. “Oh, you don’t know my name. Well, it’s fine if you do. I’m Anarchy, I’m training to get into the EFAI’s army.”

“Wow an army, what’s that all about?” I asked.

“It’s exactly what it sounds like. An army of powerful mutants,” Anarchy said.

“Why do they need one of those?” I asked.

Anarchy shrugged. “Dunno. The boss always planned on having one. And there is one now.”

I shrugged.

“Well now for the second thing,” I said, and waited for his reaction.

“You’re gonna let me go, correct?” Anarchy asked.

“Yep. But first…” I smirked. “Let’s see how this affects your pitch.” I then kicked him as hard as I could right in the crotch.

It took a moment before he fell over, crouching and curled up in the corner in pain. But he was singing something that sounded nice and was a high pitch, and then Anarchy stood back up, completely fine.

“Okay…” Anarchy then said. “So you’re gonna let me go now? I got backup coming, you’d probably not want to deal with Raemon.”

I didn’t reply. Instead I punched him in the face again, and then flat out picked him up and brought him out of the room before tapping a button that opened up the back of the ship. There was a barrier that didn’t let in the vacuum of space. I threw Anarchy at the barrier violently, and he went through and was out of the ship.

Then I closed the door, and rubbed my hands together. I had taken care of the guy following me so we were good now.

“You got it taken care of?” Teleyon asked.

“Yep,” I replied. “Though he knows about the plan cuz he overheard it. The EFAI will be expecting us, I’ll say.”

“The heck happened to Corpse?” Hamshere questioned, carrying Corpse over his shoulder.

“The guy, Anarchy, hummed some music and Corpse fell asleep like a nerd,” I replied.

“When’ll he be awake?” Hamshere asked. He set Corpse down at the table, and Corpse’s face fell on the counter as he sat there, asleep. “Cuz this is annoying…”

I splashed cold water from a bucket down on Corpse. But he was still asleep.

“Well then,” Hamshere said. “We’re not gonna be able to do anything until he wakes up.”

“I can grab the dude and make him wake Corpse up, if he’s still alive,” I shrugged.

“He’s gone by now, you threw him out the ship,” Hamshere replied. “And we’ve been moving this whole time, so he’s long gone.”

“Oh well. Guess we have to wait,” I shrugged again.

“Yeah… Wait for him to wake up, then continue with the plan.”