/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Eight: (Chapter 4) | KidPub Press //
Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Eight: (Chapter 4)

Posted March 31st, 2019 by QuartzMaster

Here is the next chapter 

Chapter 4: Broshi

I walked along in the hallways of the EFAI space station. Kobat, some powerful mutant from the EFAI army, walked beside me. We were supposed to look for Locke and bring him back. But Kobat stopped me from going, saying that I wasn’t ready.

He told me I had to do something first. I asked him what but he didn’t tell me. All he said was to follow him. So I did.

“At your level, you won’t be able to survive out there. There are a lot of powerful people, you know. You’re not fit to be in the army,” Kobat said.

“Not fit?! Then I’ll become fit!” I shouted. Hearing him call me of all people unfit upsetted me. “Give me the training for the army! Give me the test! I will join!” I was tired of being weak and pitiful. The army and its members were considered the best of the mutants. If I got into it, then I would be one of the best mutants!

“Are you sure you want to do that?” Kobat asked me.

“Yes, who do you think I am!?” I exclaimed. “I’ll do anything to become more powerful!”

“Alright, then I’ll inform the army that you want to try out,” Kobat said, his face expressionless. It always was expressionless. I’ve never seen the dude smile or frown or even get angry. He was always just expressionless.

I never really got a chance to join the army before. They never mentioned it to me, since I was not qualified. Was I qualified now? How come… my Dad, Dr. Saurashido, never talked to me before? When I was younger? I only recently figured out he was part of the EFAI when I paid him a visit on my apparent home planet, Aerth. I still wondered what my father had to do with the EFAI. Last I saw him, he was working with them. As a scientist.

“I informed them,” Kobat then said. “They’ll let you try out.”

“Good, I want to do it now then,” I replied. Seeing that Kobat didn’t move from his spot, I assumed that he had telepathically spoke with the EFAI’s army.

“Will do. Afterwards, we can go get Locke and bring him back.” Kobat nodded. He led me through the space station until we made it to a large chamber that I had never seen before. “In there.”

“I just go on inside this room?” I asked.

“Yeah. Just go on in. You’ll be tested then,” Kobat replied. “I’ll wait outside. Good luck Broshi. I hope you’re not scared.”

“Scared? Why would I be scared?” I questioned.

“A specific encounter that happened years ago. You were terrified. You probably will be terrified again.” Kobat then walked away without saying another word.

The heck was he talking about though? Nonetheless, I was ready. Time to join the army and become powerful! I remembered my twin brother Draco and how he was training with that Eyujin guy… I wondered how he was doing. Maybe he’s gotten better at fighting. Either way, I couldn’t let him get too ahead of me. I was currently ahead of him, and he was probably catching up at this very moment!

Shaking my head at the thought of Draco surpassing me, I entered the chamber Kobat told me to enter. Inside it was a big room… With metal walls. It looked like it was used to contain dangerous things. Which made sense, this was probably where people tried out for the army. I wondered who would be in charge of it.

“Hello Broshi,” I then heard a voice.

I looked in front of me, at the middle of the chamber, and spotted my Dad, Dr. Saurashido.

“Oh, hey, it’s you,” I replied to him. I was kind of shocked to see him here. Maybe he was pretty important to the EFAI. “I decided I wanted to join the army.”

“And why is that?” My Dad asked. He looked quite curious about my thoughts. I didn’t want him to know exactly why, which I didn’t quite know myself… I just want to be recognized for my power. By the EFAI. Being in the army was the highest rank a mutant could get. I wanted the freedom that that rank provides me.

“Because I can, can’t I?” I decided to say to my Dad.

“I thought you didn’t like working within the EFAI. And now you want to become part of the highest ranked mutants?” He questioned me.

“I don’t really care. I just want to become powerful,” I replied, shrugging.

“Very well then, I’ll have the commander come on in to test you.” He walked off towards another door. He soon disappeared. I wondered who the commander was. Doesn’t matter who it is, I was going to make it into the army.

Then a big guy with thick black hair appeared in the room, wearing normal black casual clothes. He walked forward to me, and when I looked into his black eyes, I remembered.

I remembered when I was younger, I ran into this person before and challenged them to a battle. For some reason, I don’t remember exactly why I did. I always wanted to be strong… Anyway, I remembered I fought this guy, and he brutally beat me. Like brutally. He beat the crud out of me, and I was scared to face him again. That’s what Kobat was talking about earlier… Whatever, I’m not going to run away this time!

“Oh, would you look at that! It’s Broshi Saurashido, long time no see!” The guy said, walking forward towards me. “You’re Dr. Saurashido’s son, a successful experiment.”

I just grumbled to myself silently. I didn’t remember this guys name, and I could hardly remember the details of him brutally beating me.

“I’m Sadvak, yo,” the guy then said. “Commander of the EFAI army. Dr. Mousha trusted me with this role.”

That’s it! That was his name. Sadvak. He was that one kid who beat me up and almost killed me when I was younger. I would be dead if it wasn’t for my healing factor that I have when I’m near death.

“You’re pretty quiet. What’s up?” Sadvak asked, walking forward. “I heard you wanted to join the army. I’m the commander so, you gotta pass my test to join.”

“Right.” I nodded. This was it. I can become relevant to the EFAI now. “So what’s the test then?”

“Well, a bunch of things. But I’m too lazy right now so I’m just gonna… see if you should or shouldn’t join,” Sadvak replied. “We’ll do things my way. The fun way.”

“Uh okay? What’s your way?” I asked. I wondered what it was… and if it was effective. Hopefully I would be able to pass.

“You fight me,” Sadvak replied. “Surely you’re powerful enough to fight me. If not well, then you’ll die.”

“Pfft!” Die? This was obviously a joke. “Whatever, bring it on!” I got into a fighting position, releasing my dark vines from my back.

Sadvak walked forward towards me with a bright smile, and simply punched me. I went flying into the wall, and OUCH! He could really punch hard! Rubbing my face, I got back up, activating Double Broshi Eye. He was a hard one to fight, so I had to try harder.

“You’re pathetic and weak, how could you join the army?” Sadvak asked, looking at me. “And what the heck is wrong with your eyes?”

“Nothing is wrong, this just means I’m more powerful,” I replied. I charged a beam of plasma with my two hands and my dark vines, and shot a giant beam at his direction.

Sadvak just moved out of the way, and then appeared in front of me, punching me in the gut. I went flying again, hit the ceiling, and then crashed towards the ground. I felt like vomiting… He could punch hard.

“You’re so boring,” Sadvak said. “But it’ll be quite fun playing with you. You wanna play, Broshi?”

Getting up, I clenched my fists, and then used my dark vines to pick myself up. I made eye contact with Sadvak, and he was smirking.

“You wanna play? You didn’t answer me. You’re such a weakling.” Sadvak looked at his fist that he had punched me with twice.

“What did you call me?” I rasped. Hearing him call me a weakling… it created rage inside me. “I’m no weakling, you pitiful fool!” I charged my energy, engulfing myself in a red aura. Double Broshi Eye wasn’t enough to beat Sadvak… I was going to use the new Ascended form.

As I screamed, I began the transformation. Sadvak was smirking. My hair changed color, turning to red as it elevated and pointed upward, becoming spiky. I saw some lightning bolts around me, and I could probably fight him now.

“I’m not weak… I’ll prove it to you!” I shouted at Sadvak.

I surrounded my dark vines in a layer of plasma, and charged at Sadvak, attempting to strike him with every one of them. He just dodged them all, and then grabbed one with his hands… Grabbed the plasma with his hands, and then flipped me over. I crashed into the ground.

“You’re not weak, but you lack skill,” Sadvak said. “You rely on transformations to make you powerful? I mean sure it’s useful, but it can also make you weaker.”

“I’ll have you know that this transformation, Ascended, is very powerful!” I said, as I used my dark vines to pick myself back up.

“I can see that. But you lack skill, as I said,” Sadvak said. “You’re not joinin’ the army. You have no skill.”

“Stop saying I have no skill!” I shouted at him. I charged towards him, sending all my dark vines at him to attack. He blocked them all and then punched me again in the gut, sending me flying.

“Alright, well it’s my turn to attack now.” Suddenly Sadvak appeared above me, grabbed me by the neck, and smashed me to the ground. Then he sent a barrage of rapid attacks at me.

I couldn’t move as he continued to punch me. I violently coughed out blood, I was helpless. And I was in pain. A lot of pain that I couldn’t even describe. Sadvak then stopped attacking, standing up and looking down at me. I felt broken, everywhere I had been struck I was sure was broken. My bones… I couldn’t move my arms and legs.

“What’s wrong, broken bones?” Sadvak asked. He then stomped on my arm, and I shrieked in pain. “Oops, my bad. Welp. Can’t leave all of them out. Gotta be fair.” He then proceeded to stomp all my limbs, causing me more pain.

“GGRAAAAAAAAGH!” I yelled in pain. I couldn’t move them for sure now. There were puddles of blood all over the place beneath my body.

“Hmm… this sure is fun. What other parts of you are intact?” Sadvak scanned my broken body. “Ah got one!”

He then stomped on my crotch, and I yelled in pain once more. This hurt like heck… I was breathing heavily, laying there helplessly.

“Hey, you don’t have any healing stuff? Sadvak asked. “You should heal yourself so I could just beat you up again. I don’t wanna kill ya, you’d be useful in the army.”

I couldn’t even talk due to how much pain I was experiencing. I tried to move but couldn’t. The only thing I could move… I figured, were my dark vines. Releasing them, I tried to attack Sadvak.

“Yes, yes!” Sadvak seemed excited. “Good job, Broshi! Use your DNA! Not your pathetic weak moves! Your DNA! Accept it! Use it! Be it!”

With my Ascended form still activated, I used my dark vines to pick up the remaining parts of my body. Nothing was off my body, but it was all broken and bleeding.

“You’ve got a healing technique, c’mon man, use it,” Sadvak said. “You’re disappointing. You and I have the same DNA but you don’t even know how to use it.”

I froze for a moment. He and I had the same DNA?! What?!

“We both have the DNA of an Iyatsru,” Sadvak explained. “It’s a powerful creature of darkness that has many tails. Those are what come out of our backs. They’re sharp and can pierce a lot of things… they can be used for a lot of stuff. The Iyatsru also has a healing factor, and can heal from most injuries, though it mostly comes out when you’re really injured. Iyatsru are also very loud creatures, I’m sure you’d know that.” He was smirking.

I didn’t really know what to say or do. He was telling me information on the creature that my DNA came from… an Iyatsru… interesting creature… But my dark vines are tails? But they come out of my back!

Suddenly, I could feel my pain slowly going away, and all my bones were being put pack together. My healing factor was working now.

“There, you’re using it now,” Sadvak said. “Good job.”

I ditched my Ascended form since it was useless in this situation. After my body healed itself, I landed on the ground with my feet, moving my body a bit to make sure everything was alright. And it was. My DNA let me heal completely.

“Well, there you have it. Now I’m just going to teach ya some techniques that you could use, otherwise you’re in,” Sadvak said.

“I’m in?”

“Yes, welcome to the army.”

Yes! I got in! Somehow… All that happened was I got brutally beat up, I got healed, and then I stood back up. Maybe it’s my DNA… that’s why I got in. Either way, now I’m relevant and have the highest rank a EFAI subject could have!

“So, Sadvak, can you teach me how to use my DNA correctly?” I asked.

“Sure. I won’t go easy on ya, so be prepared to heal again. I may or may not kill you, depends on how weak or how strong you are.” He shrugged. “Sometimes when I get too carried away, I don’t hold back.”

“Too carried away?”

“Yeah, beating people is fun for me, then if I go insane while doing it, that’s when I get too carried away. It’s also part of the attributes of the Iyatsru,” he said.

“Huh, alright,” I replied.

“Anyway, I’ll train ya. When you fight me, you gotta rely on your DNA. Otherwise you can’t really do much against me,” Sadvak said.

“I see, alright. Let’s do this then.” I focused my dark vines and took a defensive pose. Sadvak began attacking me, but I blocked his attacks with my dark vines.

“Getting better,” Sadvak said as he attacked. I was able to block all of his attacks. “Now I’ll teach you a new technique. Basically what it does is it enlarges your tails and you can deal extra damage with them. It also increases your defences.”

“How do I do that?” I asked.

Sadvak then ducked under my dark vines and landed a hard blow on my face, sending me back a few meters.

“Telling you how won’t help you. You’ve gotta do it by yourself,” Sadvak said, smirking. “Now I should stop holding back. Prepare yourself.” Dark vines appeared from Sadvak’s back. He then suddenly charged at me, aiming to attack with his dark vines.

I was able to dodge by shooting plasma out of my feet, launching myself in the air. With a flip, I landed behind Sadvak, before sending dark vines at him. He didn’t even turn around, and one of his dark vines grew larger and blocked them. Then another one of his dark vines grabbed my leg, and tossed me at the wall. I used my dark vines to push myself off the wall, launching myself back at Sadvak. He told me to use my DNA to fight him. But my DNA wasn’t easy to use just like that on command. I was going to have to combine the DNA with my other techniques… but I’d have to do it effectively.

Charging a punch, I flung myself towards Sadvak, activating Broshi Eye in the process. My fist emitted a red aura, and put all my energy into it. Sadvak saw my attack coming and enlarged one of his dark vines, blocking my attack. My attack was powerful that it launched both of us away from each other.

“Now that you’re focusing, you’re doing better,” Sadvak commented. “This’ll be pretty enjoyable, don’t you think?”

“Sure.” I got myself to smirk for the first time against this dude.

“At your current level you won’t be too much fun though. How about you get stronger first?” Sadvak suggested. “I know a quick way to do it.”

“What?” I asked. Becoming stronger sounded good to me, and doing it as fast as possible was better. Sadvak was pretty powerful… if I can beat him, then I’d be very powerful. Alright, that is my goal! I’ll beat Sadvak!

“Alright, here we go.” One of Sadvak’s dark vines stretched towards a panel in the chamber, and it pressed a few buttons. Suddenly, I began to feel heavier. The strength of gravity of this room had increased. It increased so much that I was now laying on my face against the ground.

“I thought that would happen.” Meanwhile Sadvak was totally fine. No way… he was way out of my league, I couldn’t ever beat him. Wait what am I saying?! No, I will beat him! I will!

I slowly began to get up onto my feet, using my dark vines to help myself up. After moments of struggling, I did it. I got onto my feet. I was shaking though, because the gravity was very strong. My whole body was aching, but I wasn’t going to give up! I had to beat Sadvak!

“You seem to be struggling.” Sadvak smirked, “anyway, shall we fight?”

I can hardly stand, how am I supposed to fight? Sadvak charged towards me, preparing an attack. Clenching my fists, I used my dark vines to try and defend. But Sadvak rammed into me, and I was sent flying before I got pulled to the ground.

“Ugh!” I was stuck on the ground again. Sadvak smirked as he looked down at me.

“You’ll get used to it eventually,” Sadvak said. “Broshi, get back up and fight me now.”

I tried to but I was unable to move my body. Only my dark vines. My body was too weak. The other body parts I got from when I was mutated, I could move. And so I used the dark vines to pick myself back up. The dark vines were powerful enough to resist the gravity.

“Hmmm… How about I become your mentor?” Sadvak then said.

“Mentor?” I looked at him questionably.

“It’ll take awhile before your body can get used to the gravity. I’ll take you on other missions first, make your original body stronger.” He clenched his hair with his hand. “Gah… You should get away from me for now. I can’t resist it much longer.”

“Resist? Resist what?” I asked. What the heck was he talking about?

“Remember I told you about the creature that we were mutated from? It’s a very violent and brutal creature… Once you use all of the DNA, you become like the creature. I didn’t mean to hurt you back there, it was way too far for my liking. But my DNA changes my behaviour at times. Then I need a break.”

How come that hasn’t happened to me? Well, I’m not using all of my DNA, just some of it. The ones that I have control over. But wow, this was news… I don’t really want to become a violent merciless monster. I’ve decided… I won’t use all of my DNA then. I’ll combine them with my other techniques.

“Run away, Broshi. Get away from me!” Sadvak fell onto his knees.

“I can’t run! The gravity is too much!” I exclaimed.

“Run!” Sadvak held his hand up to his head, and was struggling. “Run away! It’s… g-getting harder to resist!”

Oh no… I had a bad feeling about this. I was unable to move, and I didn’t know how to use the machine that changed the gravity. The dark vines are the only thing I can use to move, but I didn’t know how to use it to run away.

Wait, what am I thinking? It’s not that hard. I just have to push off the ground with it and use it to walk… or I could crawl like a spider. It’s worth a shot. I used the other dark vines and began to move away like a spider away. Wow, this was easy. I could move easily with my dark vines even if my body is broken. Why didn’t I think of that before? What was wrong with me? Why couldn’t I effectively use my skills… maybe I was thinking about other things too much. I should focus on my skills.

As I made it near the exit, I heard Sadvak struggling behind me. At this point, I promised myself to not overdo it like he did. I had to push my DNA back and not use all of it… I didn’t even know how to use all of it so I don’t have to worry about it too much.

When I made it out, I slammed the door behind me shut with my dark vine. The gravity out here was normal, so I was able to move my body. Taking fast breaths, I peeked through the window of the door. Sadvak would be my mentor, so I planned on learning from him. But I didn’t want to end up like that.

Sadvak was surrounded in a black aura, and his dark vines were going crazy. I just stood there and watched in silence, witnessing this horrific monster that was also inside of me. I had no words. I continued to watch in silence, until everything calmed down.

Sadvak came out the door, covered in sweat and blood. Woah wait… Where in the… Why was he covered in blood!?

“I have to take it out on someone,” Sadvak said. He then just walked past me, leaving. “I’ll give you some more tips later. Bye.” Then he disappeared.

Take it out on someone? Did he… beat himself up!? Oh my gosh… that is pretty insane. This creature that I was mutated from… it was insane. It was pretty powerful from what I’ve seen, but seriously… Sadvak was feeling the need to become violent and told me run because he couldn’t control it. He would have probably killed me even though he didn’t want to. Good thing I got away… But he had attacked himself instead… That’s insane. I mean, he could heal better than I could so he seemed unharmed. He was just covered in his own blood.

This also made me wonder, if Sadvak was the commander, who else was part of the EFAI army? Since I’m part of it now, I’d have to meet them right…? And I still need to get trained by Sadvak…

Honestly, what do I think of Sadvak? He’s powerful, and he has my DNA. So I plan to use him to become stronger. Then after I’m strong, I’ll take out the EFAI by myself. Yes, that’s it… Become powerful and kill Dr. Mousha, and the EFAI will shut down with it’s leader dead. That’s all I had to do.

“Broshi?” I then heard a voice.

I turned and spotted Kobat, having returned.

“Yeah? What is it?” I asked.

“I think you’ve seen enough for now. Let’s go find Locke,” Kobat said.