/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Seven: (Chapter 8) | KidPub Press //
Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Seven: (Chapter 8)

Posted February 16th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

here's the next chapter!!!

Chapter 8: Draco

It had been a few hours since Broshi and Ich left. I wonder how it’s going for everyone back home. At the moment I was sitting with Fucia and her dad King Teloiven, discussing what had happened since Fucia had disappeared.

We had explained the whole Dakrus thing and how he had been kidnapping people to torture and put in his survival island realm thing. Which of course made her dad very worried. But he was glad she was in one piece. He was also grateful that me and Satu helped her when we first ran into her. I didn’t know if the EFAI had sent any reinforcements yet though. We also explained our relationship to him. How we were a couple, kinda. It hadn’t been for very long. I also asked some questions about him and his family. It turns out that before the whole EFAI thing arrived he had the rest of his family on this planet moved to his brothers kingdom where they’d be more protected. Right now his goal was waiting for his brother to send some platoons of his army so they could secure the planet and ward off the EFAI. We were about to continue talking when I noticed the commander and his guards enter the room.

“Is something up?” I asked the commander, standing up from my seat.

“They’re simply switching shifts and taking a break,” King Teloiven said.

“Oh,” I said, sitting back down.

Then I heard my phone ringing in my pocket. I then took it out and answered the call, holding the phone to my right ear.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Draco!” It was Eyujin. “Where are you? I couldn’t get a signal to call you.”

“Uhhh. I’m on Featherros with my girlfriend and her family. Do you want something?” I asked.

“Well, I did say I was gonna call you when I was ready. So you can come and train,” Eyujin said through the phone.

“Huh. Well, I don’t really have a way to leave the planet right now. What planet are you on exactly?” I asked.

“I’m on the Light Planet. My office is here, so I work here,” Eyujin said. “My department has a training room, I was planning we used that.”

“Oh okay. Well, I’m not sure when I’ll be leaving Featherros but I’ll be sure to tell you when I can come to the Light Planet. What’s the address?” I asked.

“I’m at the university in Lux City. Just head on there, and I’ll sense when you’re here,” Eyujin said.

“Okay. I’ll see you then,” I said.

“I’ll get more prepared in the meantime,” Eyujin said. “Good luck!” He then hung up.

I put my phone back in my pocket.

Fucia looked at me. “Who was that?”

“It was this guy named Eyujin I met after the tournament. He offered to train me and he called saying he was ready for me to go train with him on the Light Planet,” I replied. “It’s some good news because I’ve really been wanting to train with a master for some time.”

“Draco!” suddenly Ich came flying into the room. “Oh there you are. Did the EFAI try anything?”

“No, we’ve just been talking since you left. Besides that I got a call from a guy named Eyujin, and he is ready to train me on the Planet of Light,” I said. “So what all happened back at the facility?”

“Okay so, it’s gone. Nothing but ruins,” Ich said, landing on the ground. “The attack is over though, it ended in a mess. Then we had to run and we split up into two different groups depending on where we were gonna sleep, since the facility is gone, we needed to sleep somewhere. Some of us are getting hotels while me and Achi were staying with Lav. Oh, plus, I hid Saturn and Phoenix, so the EFAI won’t find them.”

“Oh well that’s good to know. Although… who has Zephyr? You can’t really give a dragon a hotel room,” I snickered.

“Well… the EFAI came down and we had to run. We had to leave some people behind,” Ich said.

My eyes narrowed. “So you left him. With the organization that takes animal DNA. You left a DRAGON behind when you saw an organization who takes animal DNA and gives it to people. You know what this could cause right?”

“Yeah, we were low on time. And we couldn’t take him anywhere, it’s Ertin, there is no place.”

I simply placed my hand on my face for a bit, mulling over the situation.

“Ich you do know what Zeph inherited power from right?” I asked. “Or rather whom?”

“Yeah, from Glitter.” Ich nodded. “Since Glitter was watching over the egg.”

“Uh-huh. Now tell me Ich. Why could that be a problem if he’s captured by a DNA stealing organization?” I asked.

“It’s obvious, it could mean they create more subjects with that DNA, and it’ll become dangerous,” Ich said.

“Yeah yeah, but do you understand HOW dangerous?” I said, trying to make sure it was clear to Ich what the problem was.

“Yes, I do,” he replied. “Except we don’t know if they took him for sure. There is still hope, we shouldn’t worry too much right now.”

“*SIGH* It’s just that since both Fireball and Draelin are gone, I just wanna make sure I have someone left of my family besides Broshi,” I sighed.

Ich looked at me with somewhat of a serious expression on his face. “Broshi isn’t that bad. He’s just been through a lot. He needs someone to be there for him, you know?”

“Yeah, I do know,” I said back with a serious face.

“You should show him what it really means to live,” he said. “That life is more than just killing and fighting, and that it’s not important to be the strongest. He told me that was his aim.”

“I’ve made a plan of it,” I said, my arms crossed.

Ich then smiled. “I think he just needs to learn to love. All he does is hate right now. He’s gotta learn to love.”

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“But anyway… I came to pick you up. We should be safe from the EFAI for awhile now, since Saturn and Phoenix are hidden,” Ich said.

“Okay well I need a ride to Lux City on the Light Planet anyway,” I said as Fucia walked over to us.

“Fucia, are you coming along? Or are you gonna stay here with your Dad?” Ich looked over at her.

“I’m coming with, of course,” She said.

“Are you sure?” I asked, looking back at King Teloiven, who just smiled at me before gesturing us to get going. “Okay…”

“It’ll be nice to have Fucia tagging along,” Ich said to me. “For you. If you know what I mean.” He was smiling.

I simply smirked and snickered before nodding. “Yeah, it would.”

“Same goes to you, Fucia.” He also smiled at Fucia. “Trust me on that, it’s usually a nice experience. I would take advantage of it because who knows when the EFAI will return with more trouble.”

“Yeah,” She said with a nod and a smile.

“I’m sure you two will be fine on by yourselves during your training,” King Teloiven commented from his seat at the table.

“Yeah, you might be right!” I laughed as Fucia simply smiled back at her father.

“Who’re you training with?” Ich questioned as he summoned the space cloud we were going to use as transportation.

“A guy named Eyujin Mida. We met him when we entered the arena for the tournament, he talked to me before we left and asked me if I wanted to train with him and I said yes,” I replied

“Oh you mean that guy?” Ich asked. I realized Ich was the one who saw me with him.

“Yeah, him,” I nodded as Fucia and I got onto the cloud and sat next to each other. “Turns out he’s a plasma master.”

“So he can teach you how to use plasma efficiently. That will make you better,” Ich said. The cloud had taken off, leaving the castle and rising into space.

“Yeah, plus Fucia can use plasma too since she’s multi elemental. So it’ll help her too,” I said as Fucia nodded.

“There are also other things you’re taught with professional masters. You’ll see when you start,” Ich said.

“Well yeah,” I said. “That’s to be expected, it not being that simple.”

“Yeah. I wish you the best of luck!” Ich exclaimed. “It can be very challenging!”

“I know, that’s what I’m excited for!” I exclaimed. “The more challenging it is the better I’ll get!”

“Don’t lose a limb or anything.” Ich smirked. “I don’t know what Eyujin’s training methods are, but for me I was in danger countless times.”

“Good to know,” I said. Fucia looked a bit more concerned. “I’ll be careful though.”

That calmed her a bit.

“Now that I think about it though, if Broshi learns that I’m doing training with a master he’ll probably get upset. I doubt Meh’s gonna be able to handle that.”

“Maybe take him and train with you. Having a training partner that’s more… at your level, no offense Fucia, is going to benefit you more,” Ich said. We were now flying through space, heading back to the Elemental Solar System.

Fucia didn’t seem to mind the comment anyway. She was still smiling and all. Which is more important anyway.

“I guess we could go check in with Meh and see if we can pick him up,” I said. “I bet Eyujin wasn’t expecting me to bring people with.”

“Alright, then to Ertin we go!” Ich exclaimed. “In the meantime… we can talk for a while. Since we won’t have many moments like this, we should use it to our advantage.”

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“So what’s up guys?” Ich asked, sitting back against… wind? He just sat back, looking quite relaxed as the space cloud flew past the stars.

“I mean. We haven’t really done much since we left that realm a few weeks ago. It’s mainly been recuperation and relaxing with me training some on the side,” I replied as Fucia nodded. “Really we just spent the time hanging out after resting from our exhaustion upon leaving the realm.”

“Really we haven’t done much exciting up until now and the tournament,” Fucia said. “And even then I didn’t enter.”

“Hmm… Well, do you guys have any fun plans or anything?” Ich asked.

“Plans…?” Fucia asked.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Well, you see, up until a year ago I didn’t really go outside the castle much. Family didn’t really want it either. Royalty issues and all that,” She said.

“Oh. Well there’s no reason to worry about that,” I said calmly to her. “We can take stuff like that slowly.”

“You’ll get it figured out,” Ich added with a smile. He was smiling a lot recently.

“Yeah you two are probably right,” Fucia said, smiling a bit.

“On the plus side, if you’re not on Featherros, the royalty issue won’t be a problem. So you can make plans and do things!” Ich exclaimed.

“He’s got a point,” I said.

Fucia nodded. “Well our kingdom isn’t talked about much in the Elemental System anyway since it’s a seperate system. It’s like governments of other countries only much bigger.”

“That makes sense,” I said, thinking about it.

“Yeah, governments mostly are by planets now.” Ich nodded. “But there would be some planets that are still divided by countries. I’ve been to some like that.”

“Huh. So what planets have you been to anyway Ich?” I asked.

“Yeah Draco said you’d been gone for like a year, you’ve probably been around a lot of places,” Fucia said.

“Yeah, I have!” Ich said. “I’ve been to many planets in the galaxy. Some had life, some didn’t. Some had other creatures, and humans that just spoke a different language. The galaxy is so big, I’d think it’d be impossible to explore it all. There are billions of systems out there.”

“Did any of the planets have names?” I asked.

“Yeah, but like, I was traveling with this cloud. I couldn’t figure out what they’re called. Some didn’t even have names,” Ich replied.

“Huh. So what kinds of techniques have you learned while you were gone? Probably more than I have, might be more useful too, but I’m just curious,” I asked.

“Well, my Dad only taught me wind. Electricity and water I learned on my own when I was out there,” Ich said. “Like the flood, the hurricane… except those are destructive and I have to be careful when using them. Sometimes I can… get crazy. When I have an emotion overload.” He paused. “It happened once, and I nearly killed everyone on a planet once…” He looked out at the stars with a sad look in his eyes.

Fucia was alarmed by this. She didn’t know that Ich apparently had an emotion problem.

“Yeah…” Ich then realized that she didn’t know. “I was born with a personality disorder, that made me unable to feel emotions. My Dad had raised me on planet Hindro hoping it would fix it, but it only made it slightly better. Then he sent me out alone on my own so I could reflect on myself, figure out who I am. I didn’t have many emotions though. But I eventually did heal. That came with a cost, however. Now I can be too emotional, and I can get an emotion overload and feel too many different emotions at once. It usually ends up bad, because I can’t control myself…”

“It’s kinda similar to adrenaline fueled bouts of rage. Only with every other emotion plus rage,” I said to Fucia. She looked concerned both for Ich and what we were talking about.

“Once I do have an emotion overload, I go crazy. My power even multiplies and I get stronger than I normally am at full power. I must’ve inherited some power from my Dad, since he’s an Elemental Master.” Ich looked off into space. But then he smiled again. “There is one thing that can stop my emotion overload. And that’s by getting rid of all the emotions and leaving one left, one that overpowers all.”

“It varies depending on the scenario,” I commented.

“I haven’t told many what the real cure for me was,” Ich said. “But it was powerful… and an amazing emotion… the best one, in my opinion.”

“I have an assumption but I’ll leave that to myself,” I said.

“Oh, it’s fine. Say it,” Ich said with a smile.

“Yeah, what is it Draco?” Fucia asked.

“The emotion he’s probably talking about is love,” I said.

“Not just normal love though. Cuz I loved my brother and my family. It’s a different kind of love, a special kind. I can’t really explain what it is,” Ich added. “You’ll know it when you feel it. Like with me.”

Trust me Ich, I’ve felt it before. What you’re talking about. But that’ll be something I’ll say later. I’ll keep it to myself for now.

“I still remember the day that I met her.” Ich was smiling as it seemed he was thinking about something. “She really was the one who cured me, who changed me into what I am now.”

“She sounds important,” I commented.

“She is. You’ve met her already too,” Ich said.

“I know,” I said.

“She doesn’t seem that way, when you meet her, but once you get to know her, she’s an amazing person! She’s just shy is all, and scared because of what she’s gone through,” Ich said.

“You can say that about a lot of people, at least the whole getting to know them part,” I said.

“Yeah. Her parents… they weren’t nice. They were abusive.” Ich looked like he was remembering something else. “I think I’ve told you before, I found her in a dungeon. She was beat up. By her own parents.”

“Sounds rough,” Fucia said.

“It was.” Ich agreed. “Imagine your own parents beating you and leaving you in a dungeon to die.’

“I can imagine the beating part well. Happened to me a few times. Not the dungeon part though,” I said.

“Well it was dangerous, nearly killed me,” Ich replied.

“Must’ve been quite the dungeon,” I said.

“Indeed, there are a lot of dangerous things out there. We gotta be careful,” Ich responded. “Oh hey lots of time has passed, we're arriving to Ertin now!”

I looked out in front of Ich to see Ertin. Now all we needed to do was get Broshi and head to the Light Planet. I could simply smile thinking of it.

to be continued in the next chapter....