/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Six: (Chapter 8) | KidPub Press //
Ultimates: 3rd Series Book Six: (Chapter 8)

Posted December 17th, 2018 by QuartzMaster

here's the next chapter.... 

Chapter 8: Draco

Looking up at the screen, I saw I was next. ‘Jasper versus Draco’. I was fighting against Jasper. This could be very interesting indeed. I wonder if it’ll go as fast as the past few fights. Speaking of which those fights going so quickly has made it a bit hard to study my opponents since they don’t use many moves.

“Hey Draco,” Saturo then said as I got up to enter the arena. “Good luck. Those kids… are pretty powerful for kids. Considering Jasper is Hematite’s cousin, I wouldn’t hold back.”

“Well I’ve met him before, so I kinda already know that, but thanks Satu,” I said as I did a few stretches before getting ready to jump into the arena. I made my wings appear and quickly flew and landed on the battlefield, mentally preparing myself.

Then I saw Jasper appear in the arena.

“THIS ROUND WILL BE JASPER VERSUS DRACO!” John announced.

I took in a deep breath. I was pretty unfamiliar with what all Jasper could do so I had to be careful.

“ARE YOU READY!?” John yelled in the mic. “THREE! TWO! ONE! GOOO!”

Jasper got into a fighting stance, looking over at me.

I did the same.

“So, hi Draco,” Jasper said. “How you doing?”

“Fine, how are you?” I asked, keeping an eye on Jasper in case he did anything.

“Good! You probably are wondering where your sister is?” Jasper said.

“Does it have anything to do with you by chance? I had a suspicion…” I said.

“Well she’s over there right now.” Jasper pointed at the bleachers.

I glanced over, using the corner of my eye to see the bleachers while still focusing on Jasper. He was right, Draelin was there watching.

I couldn’t quite read her face from the corner of my eye. But I didn’t want to risk taking my main point of vision off of Jasper.

Jasper was just standing there, and he shoved his hands in his pockets. It was like he was waiting for me to do something.

I had quite a few things to consider using right now. But I had to make sure to be careful that I don’t use too many too soon.

“I bet you wanna know where Draelin was all this time?” Jasper said.

“Well yeah but I find it a bit odd that you’re not telling me this outside of a fight,” I said.

“Outside of the fight is where I put in the details.” Jasper winked.

“Well if that’s the case, then go ahead. Gimme a summary of where she’s been,” I said, still in a fighting stance and focused on him.

“Well,” Jasper began, “I kinda rescued her from that one witch planet, because someone wasn’t there to do it.”

“I was kinda stuck in a torture limbo/island battle royale. Pretty busy,” I said.

“That was before all that stuff happened to you,” Jasper said.

“Wait so like… during that one mission to get Dr. He or what do you mean?” I asked.

“You think she’s gonna stay at the facility all the time? No she gets bored and moves around,” Jasper said. “She followed Talsa back to that planet.”

“Did she now? Well guess she doesn’t need me at all any more,” I said calmly. “Granted she's almost a teenager.”

“Yeah, and cuz she has me,” Jasper said. “Someone better and stronger.”

“Comparing a brother to a ‘boyfriend’ is kind of a stretch ain’t it?” I asked.

“Considering the brother is supposed to be taking care of her,” Jasper retorted.

“First of all, Aerthians kinda have a need to stand alone sometimes especially when nearing or during puberty. Second, you should know, not all girls are helpless. Some can fend for themselves even if not the fighting way of things,” I said back.

“Not on the witch planet,” Jasper said. “Or most of the outskirts of this galaxy, in that matter.”

“I have a feeling you’re trying to pin something on me that I didn’t even know about,” I said.

“How much do you really know about this galaxy?” Jasper questioned.

“Yep, definitely feels like you’re trying to prove something,” I said.

“What else would I be trying to do?” Jasper asked.

“Uhhh… Fight? Cause this is a tournament? Frankly I’m surprised the crowd hasn’t booed once yet,” I replied.

“BOO!” Mehrunes booed all of a sudden.

“Oh hey there’s one!” I said.

“Well, when are you gonna start the fight?” Jasper asked.

“Why am I always the one who needs to start?” I asked, mostly to myself as I then activated all of my techniques on my base form.

“Now we’re getting started,” Jasper said, still standing there and waiting.

I then rolled my eyes and rushed at Jasper, raising a fist as I approached. Jasper stayed there, waiting for the impact.

I then swung at him. The impact of it hitting him hurt my fist, and Jasper didn’t budge. Or at least I assume it probably would’ve. If I actually fully extended my fist towards him.

Instead I did a sweep kick to trip him. But he didn’t budge either, stayed in the same spot.

I simply glanced up at him from my crouched position.

“Come on Draco, actually try,” Jasper said.

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes before activating full power Draco Eye. The aura rocked the battlefield.

“This can’t be your full power,” Jasper said, shaking his head.

“I know you’re trying to get on my nerves but so far you just seem impatient,” I said as I activated base Double Draco Eye. I think I’mma call it that now instead of level two.

“I am impatient,” Jasper replied.

I then leaped back to the opposing side of the arena, before throwing a punch in his direction without moving, it simply shot out a shock wave that shook the ground around him.

Jasper looked at me in confusion. “I thought you were actually gonna try. With your eyes looking cool and everything.”

I simply ignored him before I then stuck out each of my fingers to the air above us and began firing large blasts of plasma from each one into the air. After flying a few dozen feet the blasts stopped and floated in the air.

Eventually I stopped and simply gazed up at my work. Hundred of plasma blasts hanging in midair like microscopic stars.

Jasper remained in his spot, waiting as he looked up at my work.

I then simply began to slowly walk towards him, acting like I had never shot the blasts at all.

Eventually I was only a few feet away from him before I suddenly vanished into thin air.

Jasper then sat down on the arena floor.

I then suddenly appeared behind him and roundhouse kicked him in the back of the head. Jasper disappeared before I hit him, and I felt a poke on my head. Maybe he jumped up above me, having dodged.

I then simply teleported a few meters in front of me, moving away from whatever was on top of my head. But it returned, I felt the same poke on my head.

I simply glanced up at the top of my head, not using an attack. But unexpectedly, he pushed, applying a force I didn’t think he was capable of on my head, causing my legs to collapse, and forcing the arena to crack. I got up as fast as I could. What the heck did he just do? Actually, no wait it’s kinda easy to guess. He’s either able to change his weight at will or apply a large amount of pressure in a small area. A tiny blast then came my way. It was pink.

I then stepped to the side and watched it pass by me. But then it turned and went back at me, like a homing missile.

I then continued to avoid it since I’d rather not find out what it could do. Then I spotted two more of them, now three of them came at me as the first one began to speed up.

“Great there’s more of them,” I said as now it was a tad harder to avoid them all.

More of them began to appear, as the ones from before also began to speed up. Now it was just starting to get tedious. But I guess when it comes to opponents like this it’s gonna be boring waiting for the right moment. But important to keep as much stamina as possible, so dodging it is.

Then I was punched in the face by Jasper’s fist, which was as hard as steel. It’s pressure was very high like the one that crushed me before, and I went flying off the arena. Luckily I was able to teleport back onto the field in time. At least now I’ve learned something, he can concentrate mass into a single point to deal extra damage. Good to know.

“Draco, do something,” Jasper said.

“Fine,” I said before making a powerful plasma blast in my right hand, ready to throw it at Jasper.

It glowed brightly and was filled with power and energy.

I then took a lunge forward to throw it, I was about fifteen feet away when I was about to land when I… didn’t land to gracefully. Instead I slipped onto my back and shot the blast high up into the sky and out of view, barely missing the hundred of plasma spheres I still had hanging in the air. Rats. Maybe I put to much power into it.

I then immediately stood up and faced towards Jasper, ready to blast him again.

“You can do better than that, Draco,” Jasper said, looking disappointed.

“Indeed I can,” I said as I then made two more powerful blasts of plasma in between my hands and fused them together before pointing the fused sphere directly at Jasper and shot out a giant beam that exploded upon impact with Jasper.

As the dust from the explosion cleared, Jasper was standing there, seemingly unaffected by the plasma.

“Oh right you have heat powers,” I said nonchalantly as I then flexed my hands a few times. “Welp time to try some new stuff I learned from training for the past few weeks.”

Jasper then got into a fighting position.

“I was wondering when you were gonna use those new tricks,” Plasmus said, sounding like he had been waiting forever.

“Hey Jasper, what’s your favorite flower?” I asked as I did some arm stretches.

“That question seems random,” Jasper replied.

“Coming from the guy who spent three minutes talking at the beginning of the match,” I said still stretching.

“Have you finished your stretches yet?” Jasper questioned.

“Yep. I am as limber as a plant stem now,” I said as I had finished my mid match stretches. “But it's pretty warm in here. How about we cool it down a tad?”

I then was surrounded in a near white blue glow mixed with a verdant aura that shook the arena and caused pieces of it to float in the air.

We the stood there in silence for a few moments.

Jasper then began to heat up, and the arena got hotter.

I simply smiled before I then began to concentrate a bit and the white blue glow around me flared and a huge rush of cold air and frost rushed the arena, as the two temperature mixed it caused clouds and lighting to float and spark up.

“And that kids, is how you form a cold front!” said Jasper.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the ground around Jasper glowing red while the area around me began being covered in sprawling growing sheets of ice.

“You know, this is getting boring,” Jasper said. He lit himself aflame and the ice around me turned into water and evaporated in seconds, as the whole arena was very hot.

“You’re making it sound like that’s only my fault,” I said I then activated my full power and some of the evaporated steam turned to snow. But then the heat increased and the snow evaporated, I started sweating due to the heat.

“It’s not like you’re trying,” Jasper added.

“Nor are you,” I said.

“Should I?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Not like anyone said you shouldn’t bring your all,” I said as I then changed my energy direction a bit and caused my aura to switch from only green and white-blue to all kinds of colors.

Jasper’s heat then increased, it had to be higher than 200 degrees celsius.

But now it wasn’t bothersome. Until it got even hotter and hotter. Now it was starting to be bothersome.

“I have a feeling you're not done,” I said.

“Of course not!” Jasper continued heating up, as the arena started to melt. “I’m just getting started!”

“Hm,” I said. “Well then, I guess I may as well use it now. Not like I’m gonna be able to beat the remaining contestants anyway. May as well go out with a bang.”

I then focused and after a few brief moments I could sense it. It was ready. I had to make sure he didn’t heat up anymore. If I do I won’t have a chance. So I gotta go all out.

I then reached one of my hands up to the sky.

“SPARKING SPIRIT TIMES TWENTY!” I yelled as the plasma blast I shot into the sky earlier came rocketing down and was absorbed into my body.

I then erupted in a giant red and white aura with red bolts of electricity mixed with yellow coursing across my body. In a single instant, the part of the arena I was standing on was disintegrated to dust and I floated there with my wings. It's been a long time since I used this. Last time I used it was against Broshi and back then it was only a times three. I could feel the power and energy surging through me. It was a lot to bear, but I could handle it.

“OH SNAP DRACO HAS FINALLY BEGAN TO USE HIS POWER!” John Ceno exclaimed as I landed on the half of the arena that was still there, not bothered by its glowing heat and looked at Jasper. Before I knew it, the entire arena was all a molten liquid of the previous substance it once was. Jasper flew up and faced me.

“So, what do you think?” I asked him.

“Nothing I can’t handle,” he said, as he still kept heating up. At this point, he was evaporating some of the molten rock.

“I guess we’ll see about that,” I said as I stood still, suddenly even though I wasn’t moving, hundreds of hard blows hit Jasper all at once. He didn’t move a millimeter.

I simply floated there thinking of what to do. But he charged at me, grabbed my leg, burning it because his hands were heated, and flung me off. I recovered by using my wings.

The burn really stinged. But I tried my best to ignore it as I then kicked Jasper a dozen times, putting even more force into it. I could see him move back a good millimeter or 2. But other than that, he didn’t get affected. I then repeatedly battered him with full force punches, and he took them head on. His skin was a very high temperature. It kinda burned on contact, and his heat was only increasing. I just continued hitting him in different points, faster and harder each time.

But then my clothes began to melt from the heat. And Jasper still clearly wasn’t being effected. Or maybe he was, but was just really good at hiding it. But then Jasper kicked me in the head, and it hurt. I went flying back, and tried to catch myself, using my wings to slow myself down and fly above the out of bound layer. But then my wings began to melt. And my skin was burning.

I then started falling. I had no way of recovering. I had lost.

I fell to the floor.

“AND JASPER IS THE WINNER! DANG THAT HEAT THOUGH!” John Ceno exclaimed. The ref then suddenly made me appear at the sidelines, and tapped my head with his finger. I then felt normal, like he healed me, and my clothes were back to normal. My wings, on the other hand, weren’t.

“Dang it that was the last part of my armor I had. Now they’re all warped and drooped.” I thought. I looked up at the screen and saw Saturo was going up next, against someone named Ena. I then went to take my seat, I was finished.

“Nice try, Draco,” Saturo told me on the way. “It looked like it was really hot there.” I took my seat and waited to watch the next battle.

to be continued in the next chapter....

This chapter took longer

This chapter took longer then it prob shouldve for us to make but at least we got it done. :P

Posted by CrossDraco on Tue, 12/18/2018 - 11:36
ikr

ikr xd

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by QuartzMaster on Tue, 12/18/2018 - 13:02
We promise the next chapters

We promise the next chapters will be better XD

Posted by CrossDraco on Thu, 12/20/2018 - 10:14