/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates: 4th Series Book One: (Chapter 3) [Ughh School Is Boring...] | KidPub Press //
Ultimates: 4th Series Book One: (Chapter 3) [Ughh School Is Boring...]

Posted May 24th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

here's the next chapter!

Chapter 3 - Broshi

{Ughh School Is Boring…}

Literacy class was fricking boring. The teacher handed us books and told us to read the whole time. And I mean, I have nothing against reading. I like reading. I don’t like reading this book though. A ‘classic’ novel, the teacher said. It was as boring as frick. And the vocabulary was weird. There were a lot of words that I was clueless about. Like ‘hieroglyphic’… What the heck does that even mean!?

At least I wasn’t sitting around those Torin loving girls anymore. They weren’t even in my literacy class so I didn’t have to worry about them. But there were other girls that were looking at me as I was reading. I just glared at them and they stopped looking at me. Yeah, you better not look at me. Or else I’ll beat you up too.

The desks were the same, all separated across the room. I was sitting somewhere in the middle this time. Draco was in the back this time too. And I was surrounded by guys, not girls. Which is probably a good thing considering my earlier incident with girls.

I wasn’t the only one who was bored. I could tell some of my classmates were too because some of them were only pretending to read. The boys around me were looking up front at some girl too. Hold on, they were checking her out! I remember from the novel I was reading, teenage boys are attracted to girls who are beautiful. Or hot. Hot is not just a word for heat apparently, but also for attractiveness. Who’s the genius who came up with that? Phht.

Actually, I think I know why they used the word hot. My theory is that when you see beauty, your body heats up, which is also known as ‘blushing’ (which is something I’ll never do. Cuz it’s lame). And because your body heats up from this sight, it makes that sight ‘hot’. That’s why they use the word hot. Definitely. That’s the only way it makes sense.

“Really? This is all the book has?” I then heard Draco say as I then saw him at the end of the book closing it, seemingly disappointed.

“What? You finished already?” I asked.

“Yeah. It was so short though. Nice read but it only took a few minutes,” Draco said nonchalantly, like reading an over two hundred page book in four minutes was totally normal.

“Are you using your Ultimate Crystal to increase your reading speed?” I questioned, narrowing my eyes as I looked back at him.

“No, it’s just that over time I’ve gotten really good at quickly analysing information at a high rate and remembering it well. If I were using Plasmus, then I’d probably be done in a near instant,” Draco replied. “But the book would probably be on fire/in pieces due to the high speed so I’d rather not do that.”

“Ha,” I fake laughed mentally.

“Man, if the classes keep being this boring I might have to ask the office if I can become a senior early. Unless those classes are boring too,” Draco sighed.

“Nah man, you gotta be there to tell me the answers. Cuz I’m not gonna know all this bull,” I said.

“I don’t just wanna be your cheat sheet bro,” Draco said bluntly.

“What else do you want to be then?” I asked.

“Stronger,” He said. “I mean, you got like… 500 times stronger than me in a month, I wasn’t able to hit you in your base until I reached Ascended Grade Two for cripes sake! I gotta catch up somehow. Heck, the others may have gotten even bigger boosts than you did while I was out.”

“Well, that’s probably true. Then I’ll help you catch up. We can train after school today,” I said.

“Good thing it’s Thursday,” Draco said. “Then we’ll have the whole weekend to train after Friday school gets out.”

“Do you know when Dad gets back? Cuz he’s the reason why I’m so strong,” I said. “We’d have to train with him.”

“He said he wouldn’t be back for a few days,” Draco replied.

“Where’d he even go?” I asked.

“Don’t ask me. I’ve been in a coma for a month unlike you,” Draco replied as he sank in his chair. He did look really bored.

“Well, that’s true. I’m gonna look for him after school then.”

“Eh, maybe he doesn’t want us to look for him. That might be why he didn’t tell us where he went,” Draco said.

“Oh. You’re probably right,” I responded. “What class do we have next?”

“Uhhhh…” Draco got out his schedule. “Chemistry. And then we have a free period before lunch.”

“So we just gotta get through Chemistry. Yeesh, this day seems to be going very slow,” I commented.

“That’s school for you.” Draco sighed as he laid his head and arms on his desk.

“School is boring then,” I commented.

“Yep.”

I looked around the classroom at my classmates, and they were still reading. Dang. How long is this class gonna take? So far, this class is the most boring class. We’re literally all just sitting silently at our desks, reading. It’s boring. At least the other classes involved me doing something.

???

After what felt like a heck of a long time, literacy class was over. Draco and I left to chemistry class, the last class I had to attend before lunch. Well, I did have a free period before lunch. Thing is, I could just hang around since I don’t have a class. So that’s lit.

“At least Chemistry might be slightly interesting,” Draco said.

“Yeah, we get to do lab stuff, right? Lab stuff sounds fun,” I replied. We were walking through the hallways to get to Chemistry class. It was in the basement so we were heading on downstairs.

Now, chemistry class was not what I thought. It turned out to be pretty boring. Because the teacher was giving a presentation about acids and bases. Whatever those were. Acid is a hot substance that burns things, but the teacher said lemons were acidic. How can fruits be made of acid!? You wouldn’t be able to eat them! Unless you’re me, since my DNA allows me to consume almost anything really.

Anyway, chemistry class was pretty boring. I kinda just sat there during class. And after what felt like a long time, it was finally over. About time.

“Alright, we have a free period now,” Draco said. We were already out of the classroom and were in the hallways. “That means we can really just do anything around the school as long as we’re not disrupting any classes.”

“So what do we do exactly?” I asked.

“Well, there’s some people hanging out in the courtyard. We could go there,” Draco suggested.

“Not a bad idea.” I shrugged.

So we headed to the courtyard. We had to go down a floor to actually get there though since we were on the second floor. When I finally took a step out into the courtyard, I saw that it was pretty empty.

Looking around, there was a group of girls at a table in the corner. There were some boys too, but they were on the other side of the courtyard. They were seperated.

“Well, I think I’m gonna go to the library to get some books, see if there’s anything there of actual substance,” Draco said. “I’ll probably see you later, at lunch. Don’t cause any trouble, bro.”

“I won’t.” I groaned.

“Alright.” Draco smiled and then he left to go to the library. I wondered what books he was looking for. I bet he’d read all of the books there in a few days since his reading speed was higher than usual. Whatever, I don’t care.

I looked over at the two groups hanging out in the courtyard. The boy group and the girl group. I could introduce myself to both of them, make some ‘friends’. Not sure what exactly. But this should be more interesting than all my classes.

I decided to walk over to the boys first and see what they’re up to. So that’s exactly what I did. Once I made it to their little circle, they all just looked up at me.

“Sup,” I said.

“Sup, you’re the one who challenged Torin right?” One of the boys asked. There were six of them. They all seemed pretty chill too.

“Yeah, I’m Broshi Saurashido,” I said.

“Well good luck fighting Torin. He’s really strong,” the same boy said.

Ugh, I was sick of hearing everyone say that Torin was ‘really strong’. That brat is a weakling! I can’t wait to show everyone how weak he is and beat him, take his place as the strongest student of this school…

“Why do you all say that Torin is really strong?” I asked.

“Because he is!” Another boy said. “He’s the strongest dude in the school!”

“I am the strongest dude in the school. Not Torin,” I said. “You’ll see.”

“Great!” Another boy said. “It’s about time Torin stepped down from the top. I’m actually cheering for you, Broshi!”

“Yeah, we’ll all cheer you in fact!” All the other boys smiled and nodded at me.

I smirked. “Thanks for the support.” Even though I didn’t need their crappy support.

“No problem man.” One of the boys said. I didn’t know any of their names but I didn’t really need to right now. Maybe later, if they actually become my friends.

“Hey uhh, Broshi?” One boy then asked.

“What?” I looked over at him.

“The girls are all watching you.” He pointed at the group of girls on the other side of the courtyard.

I looked over at the girls and they were watching me. Why the heck were they doing that?

Then, the girls began to walk over to me. The boys watched carefully as one of the girls approached me. She seemed important, she had long orange hair and green eyes.

“Heyy Broshi.” The orange haired girl said. “I’m Asuza.”

“Okay. And?” I asked. “What do you want?” I came off kinda cold. I didn’t really want to be a jerk as I usually am since I wanted to make friends. But I was pretty annoyed right now.

“Julia over there said you destroyed an entire desk,” Asuza said, pointing at a girl in the back. I looked over at the girl and she… she was that one girl who made fun of me! The one who sat at my left. So her name was Julia, huh. Well, Julia, you suck.

“And?” I responded to Asuza.

“Is that true?” Asuza questioned. “Did you really destroy an entire desk?”

“No, I didn’t.” I shook my head. I don’t want to agree with the rumors, even though they were true. Dad said not to so I shouldn’t.

“Yes you did!” Julia shouted at me. “And a weird black snake came out of your pants! It was so gross!”

“Shut up.” She was starting to get on my nerves.

“Excuse me!? Did you just tell me to shut up?!” Julia exclaimed.

“Yes I did, now shut up before I beat you up.” I threatened.

“What!?” The boys around me said all at once. “Dude, you can’t hit a girl! That’s messed up!”

“Then tell her to shut up,” I said, pointing at Julia. That girl annoyed me. “She’s annoying me.”

“You’re not supposed to tell them to shut up either! It’s rude!” One of the boys said.

“I don’t care, man,” I said back.

“Admit it! You did!” Julia continued yelling at me. I realized she was yelling at me the whole time as I was talking with the other boys, I just wasn’t paying attention to what she was saying..

I sighed. “Listen here, Julia.” I walked over to her and she stared at me, a look in her eyes that stated ‘what are you doing!?’. I pulled closer to her and whispered in her ear. “I did destroy that desk, but be quiet about it. I won’t hurt you if you don’t say anything. Put the rumor down.”

Julia shivered as I pulled away from her. She was about to say something, but I gave her a warning look. She then just nodded.

“N-nothing happened…” Julia then said. “None of what I said happened actually happened…”

“Oh, well that sucks then,” Asuza said. “Rumors aren’t usually true anyway.” Asuza then looked over at me. “So Broshi, you’re gonna fight Torin?”

I just nodded. Asuza came closer to me and lowered her voice to a whisper so no one else could hear her.

“Beat him up for me, will ya?” Asuza gave me a thumbs up.

“Sure.” I smirked.

“Since I’m the strongest girl, everyone assumes he and I are dating. But we’re not. Definitely not. That guy is a player, I don’t like him at all,” Asuza whispered. Oh dang, she was the strongest girl.

“I’ll beat him up, don’t worry,” I assured her with a smirk.

Asuza smiled. “Thanks, pal.”

She then stopped whispering and noticed everyone else had been watching us.

“What were you two talking about?” One of the boys asked.

“Nothing,” Asuza said. “Just some private talk with me and Broshi here, right Broshi?” She winked at me.

“Right.” I nodded. What was the meaning of that wink? In some of the books I’ve read, winks meant all sorts of things… Was she interested in me? Is that what that wink meant?

I mean, I wouldn’t mind. I wanted to make friends and Asuza here treated me pretty nicely. Before I beat Torin up, too. I would consider her as a choice of friend.

“Wait… do you like Broshi, Asuza?” One of the girls then asked.

“No, I don’t,” Asuza responded to the girl. “He is pretty good looking though. But I don’t like him in that way.”

What way? I was beginning to forget all that I had read about love and relationships. How does it work with people you just met? Eh, whatever. I don’t really care anyway. All I wanted right now was to fight Torin and beat him up. I should try and not get too carried away with that fight so I don’t kill him. Meh, so what if I killed him? He was ignoring me before so he deserves it. I might kill him depending on how he treats our fight.

I then noticed that the girls had gone away from me and the other boys and were talking to each other now. The other boys all looked at me.

“Dang, bruh! Asuza said you were good looking!” One of the boys said.

“She’s one of the hottest girls in the school! You’re lucky!” Another patted me on the shoulder.

“Not really.” I shrugged it off. “I don’t really care about girls.”

“What!? But you’re a teenage boy!” One boy said.

“But I’m not really attracted to them like you guys are,” I replied. “To me, they’re just any other humans.” Before I thought they were just weak creatures but I see them as other humans now. And sure, they could have beauty. Asuza did. I’m just not attracted to it. Maybe my monster DNA has something to do with that.

“That’s pretty weird man…” One of the boys said. “But whatever.”

“Nothing weird about it, you’re the ones who are weird,” I said. There’s still a lot of things about love that I did not understand. And do I really need to understand them? No, I really don’t.

The boys just looked over at me weirdly. Some of them raised an eyebrow. They looked confused.

“Okay, you’re a strange one, then,” A boy said.

They then just got into a different conversation not involving me. So I decided to go check on Draco, because I also got bored of these boys. I walked over to the door to enter the school building.

“Yo Draco, find anythin?” I mentally spoke to Draco. He would hear me wherever he was.

“No, there’s nothing of substance in this darn library. How’s it been going for you?” Draco replied, mentally as well.

“Alright. I want lunch to come already, I wanna fight Torin,” I replied.

“Yeah, honestly nearly everything about today has been so boring I wish I could just graduate already,” Draco replied. “Maybe I should try talking to the office about that. Regardless, I’d have to keep an eye on you but at least I wouldn’t have to pay a lot of attention to the actual class.”

“Whatever, I’m looking forward to lunch,” I said. I didn’t give a shiz about Draco asking to graduate since he knew everything already. I don’t care about that, as long as he gives me the answers to everything in class. He was just my tool to do well in school. And my brother and sparring partner when we’re outside. Otherwise, eh?  

I then walked around the school for awhile, waiting for the bell. After a few minutes, the bell rang and it was time for lunch. Heck yeah.

The hallways were then packed with people who ran towards the courtyard. As I saw the flood of people, I quickly turned around and walked out to the courtyard.

People rushed into it, chanting. Then I spotted Torin himself, walking through the crowd to the middle of the courtyard. Next thing I know, everyone was in a circle around us.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE TIME HAS COME!” That nerdy kid Arthur then appeared out of nowhere. “BROSHI SAURASHIDO, ONE OF THE NEW STUDENTS, HAS CHALLENGED THE BRILLIANT TORIN TO A FIGHT!”

The crowd cheered.

“WILL HE SURVIVE THE WRATH OF TORIN!? OR WILL HE LOSE MISERABLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BEFORE HIM!?” Arthur exclaimed. He had a pretty loud voice despite not having a microphone.

“TORIN! TORIN! TORIN!” A lot of dumb people were chanting Torin’s name. Regardless, it was finally time for me to beat him up!

I looked over at Torin, who was standing in front of me. I realized he wasn’t even looking at me. He was grinning at the girls like an idiot.

Then I spotted Draco squeeze his way to the front so he could see. He saw me looking at him and grinned. I gave him a thumbs up.

Then I walked over to Torin, who was still looking over at the girls with a dumb grin.

“OI! LOOK AT ME! FIGHT ME!” I shouted at him. He was caught off guard and he backed off from me. The whole crowd was watching and had gone quiet.

He didn't even speak to me. He just looked over at Arthur and nodded.

“THE BATTLE SHALL BEGIN… IN THREE… TWO… ONE…” Arthur did a countdown. “BATTLE BEGIN!”

I smirked as I didn’t even get into a fighting stance as Torin got into a boxer like fighting stance.

to be continued in the next chapter....