/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates: 4th Series Book One: (Chapter 9) [Going With Father] | KidPub Press //
Ultimates: 4th Series Book One: (Chapter 9) [Going With Father]

Posted June 20th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

here is the next chapter

Chapter 9 - Draco

{Going With Father}

So our Father is home now. Yay. I wonder how he’s gonna react to what happened while he was gone. I begrudgingly got out of bed and followed Broshi downstairs. Arthur tagged along because he had nothing else to do.

“Your Dad is back? Is he also an Ultimate?” Arthur asked as we headed downstairs. He finally learned the term Ultimate, which is someone who has an Ultimate Crystal.

“Probably.” I shrugged as we walked down the stairs.

We then came across the living room. As we entered, a man turned around to look at us. Of course, it was my Father.

“Hello Draco,” Father greeted me with a nod.

“Hello Father,” I said.

“I see you’ve made a friend.” Father looked back at Arthur.

“Yeah, this is Arthur,” I said.

“Hello sir.” Arthur waved.

“Ah, you’re a Warrick,” Father said, looking at Arthur.

“Huh? Oh, yeah I’m Arthur Warrick sir.” Arthur nodded. He then turned to me and whispered, “how does he know my last name?”

“I’d be more surprised if he didn’t honestly,” I said.

“Wow…” Arthur was shocked.

There was then a moment of silence.

“So, who would like to explain to me why most of Northview town is up in flames?” Father then asked, as I realized he didn’t hang his jacket or take off his shoes. Maybe he was going to go again.

There was more silence after Father asked that question. Only this time it was significantly more awkward for the three of us just standing there. Arthur seemed to be the most nervous out of us.

“Well, it’s complicated. Arthur and I switched bodies, and since he couldn’t control my DNA, he went berserk and caused a lot destruction, then Draco kinda had to blast him back to normal. And I got my body back,” Broshi explained, since no one else wanted to.

“Ah. I see.” Father nodded. “Were you seen?”

Broshi shrugged. “I dunno, I was back here in Arthur’s body. Ask Draco.”

Father turned to look at me.

“Well, no one could’ve seen me. Because when Arthur was in Broshi’s body and lost control, they… might’ve screamed. Really loudly. And probably killed all of the people around the school building. Which has now been entirely reduced to flaming rubble by Broshi’s rampaging body as well,” I said a tad more nervously than Broshi.

Father just looked down at all of us for a few moments.

“Well, it can’t be helped,” he then said with a sigh. “We’ll have to move my other house and have you go to a different school.”

“Oh. Okay, I bet it’s gonna be boring and easy like the school here was,” I said.

“It’s like any other school. You have to finish school since you’re still young. It’s required by law,” Father replied.

“Well, Broshi says he doesn’t have to listen to the law because he’s ‘the strongest’ person here,” I said.

Father then looked over at Broshi.

“That may be true,” Father said, as he continued to look at Broshi, “but I am stronger than you and I’m enforcing the law upon you. So you will go to school whether you like it or not.”

“I don’t know how I’m going to deal with two more grades of school if it's so boring and easy here on Aerth.” I sighed.

“If it’s easy for you, I’ll come up with an alternative,” Father said. “But Broshi needs to be watched.”

“Well, I can barely handle it for more then two days.” I shrugged.

“You’ve got to learn to handle it,” Father said.

“I’ll do that once Broshi actually tries to learn something,” I retorted.

“What are you talkin’ about? I learn a lot of stuff all the time,” Broshi remarked.

“Like?” I asked.

“Uhh… That doesn’t matter. But I do try to learn stuff,” Broshi replied.

I looked at him skeptically.

“Whatever. I’m stuck on this planet anyways,” I muttered to myself.

“We’ll be leaving now then,” Father then said.

Hearing this, I then teleported up to my room so I could start packing my things for when we would move. I was starting to get really tired of this life on Aerth thing. Problem is I can’t contact or teleport to the others because I don’t know where they are in relation to me. So I’m just stuck.

“Come on, Draco, get all your stuff quicker. We’re going now,” I heard Father calling for me.

I quickly put the rest of my stuff in a bag and zipped it up and walked down stairs. Broshi and Arthur were already outside, and Father was at the door.

I just sighed and walked outside.

“Alright, everyone step ten meters away from the house,” Father then said.

We then all did so. Father then raised a hand. I could sense energy pumping through him as he then released it, making a blast of plasma that was big enough to destroy the entire house.

And with an explosion, the house was gone. Nothing was left but dirt.

Oh, also there was dirt and dust everywhere.

“Why… why would he do that!?” Arthur exclaimed from next to me and Broshi.

“Cause he can,” I replied bitterly before looking at Arthur. “Welp, looks like this is where we say goodbye to you. It’s been nice Arthur.”

“Oh. Yeah, it’s been nice. I’ll see you later, if later ever comes,” Arthur replied.

“Oh, Arthur will come with us,” Father then said.

“Wait what?” I asked, confused.

“Whoever he was living with is probably either dead or has a lot of problems to deal with,” Father said. “Arthur Warrick will come with us.”

“O…kay…” I said.

Father then began walking down the gravel road. “Besides, the town is miles away from here. He wouldn’t be able to make it back on foot.”

I just didn’t respond at this point. There was too much on my mind.

The three of us followed Father. We walked along the gravel road for quite awhile, and all of us were silent. The sun was slowly disappearing over the horizon as it got darker.

It seemed like we were getting nowhere too. Because we were walking at a very slow pace.

“Where are we going?” Broshi then asked.

“We’ll head to my other house soon,” Father replied.

“Then where are we going right now?” Broshi questioned.

Father didn’t reply. He just kept walking and we soon spotted a cemetery up ahead. And we were walking towards it.

“A graveyard?” Arthur questioned as Father opened the gate and walked inside.

I wasn’t paying much attention to what was happening. I was reflecting on what I had done today.

All of the people who most likely dead around the school building… that wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t told Arthur and Broshi to switch bodies. My poor decision lead to the deaths of all of those people, and it made many more people deaf. Not to mention it also impacted Arthur’s life as well, now he has to come with us because his family is most likely dead or severely injured. Even as the third strongest person on this planet, I have little control over what my actions cause.

“Hey Draco,” Broshi then said to me.

I just looked over at him quietly.

“Those graves over there… that’s our mother and older brother.” Broshi pointed at the gravestones that Father was looking down at.

That cleared my mind a bit as I looked at the grave stones.

I recognized the names on the stones. Alextro Saurashido, who was my older brother, and Elvina Saurashido, my mother.

I didn’t have anything to say. All this did was just add more pressure on all of the muddled mess going through my mind.

We all just stood there in silence for awhile. After a few moments, Father started moving again. He floated off the ground, and it seemed like he was going to fly.

I just looked up at him. Even though I could see him fine, my vision felt… blurry. Choppy. Like a bad movie camera. Maybe all of what has happened recently is starting to really get to me.

Father was then flying off to somewhere, and Broshi followed him, using his dark wings. He was also carrying Arthur with one of his dark vines.

Seeing this, my body didn’t want me to fall behind so it subconsciously had me use my Boost Style, where I use the propulsion of plasma explosions from my hands and feet to move myself quickly to leap into the air and follow behind them.

The rush of wind helped my senses return a bit. I could see Father flying quicker, with Broshi tagging right behind him.

I then put more effort into the small explosions I was making, and boosted my speed.

“Draco, I can carry you if you want!” Broshi called back to me.

“No… I’m fine bro…” I replied as now I was closer to the speed Broshi was moving at.

“Alright.” Broshi went back to focusing on following Father.

I continued making the small explosions as I followed behind. My head still felt foggy. And I didn’t like it. Not one bit.

???

Eventually, Father began descending to the ground. Once he landed, Broshi and I landed as well. Broshi’s wings disappeared and he set Arthur down before his dark vine disappeared into his back.

We had arrived at Father’s other house. I looked around at it, and it was fairly larger than the other house. It was also out in the middle of nowhere. I’d probably tell more details about it but… Honestly I just couldn’t seem to find the effort to care about them. I felt tired. Not rest wise. I was perfectly fine there. I was mentally tired. Exhausted even.

“Broshi, take Arthur and go on in,” Father then told Broshi.

Broshi nodded and he and Arthur went into the house. Father stayed outside with me.

“What’s troubling you?” Father then asked, looking down at me.

I heard him. But I just didn’t feel like answering him. It was like any sort of drive, anything I had or wanted to do was just utterly obliterated motive wise in my head. If I wasn’t already well rested, I’d probably just lay on the ground and try to sleep.

“Do you blame yourself for what happened?” Father questioned.

My body still didn’t answer him. I just stood there, staring off into the dark storm of thoughts that was my subconscious… All my mind could seemingly focus on was all of the times I’ve gotten hurt or hurt someone else. It was like how I was the previous night, only amplified.

Father then sighed. “Well good news for you, I won’t make you go to school. Since you said it was too easy for you.”

That made me feel a little better. But I still didn’t have the drive or motivation to speak.

Father noticed this. “You know, you don’t know much about your own family. I suppose I could tell you now.”

This made me look up at him with a questioning look. He had at least gotten my attention.

“I planned on taking you and Broshi to get tested with DNA. Even though your mother was against it,” Father said. He looked up at the dark sky as he spoke. “We had to come to an agreement, so Broshi was the only one who got mutated in the end.”

This just kinda muffled my thoughts a bit more. But it was something at least.

“Our family is complicated, but I have my reasons for my actions,” Father said.

Then, I finally said something.

“What… Are those reasons?” I asked. It felt a lot harder to speak than I ever thought it could be.

Father looked down at me. “Either for the sake of the family, or for scientific purposes. What happened to you wasn’t planned by me. It just came. And as you know, I hardly am home. You grew up with Elvina, Alextro, and Draelin.”

I just sort’ve looked at him. I was quiet again. My brain analyzing what his ‘reasons’ meant. Debating with itself whether they were good reasons or not for what he had done to Broshi. Doing something for the sake or your family is good and all. But does that make up for using your own child for just the sake of science?

“I didn’t intend for you to grow up in the way you did. Elvina treated you badly. I just couldn’t tell you that back then, but I can tell you now,” Father said.

I just gave him a confused look, that to him I guess meant ‘tell me what?’

“Elvina is dead now though. So is Alextro. The only one left is Draelin, but I don’t know where she went,” Father said.

“She’s… With this kid named Jasper who’s from the Shiny family who’s her boyfriend now I guess. She’s been living with him for a while. I haven’t seen her much before I got trapped in Dakrus’s realm for almost a year in the realms time. But outside it was like two weeks. She seems to hate me now for some reason,” I said, my eyes starting to tear up a bit.

“Ah. Well she’s not your real sister either way. Alextro wasn’t your brother either,” Father said.

That just gave me a even more confused look, the tears that had started to well up in my eyes, drying some.

“Elvina wasn’t your mother either,” Father added.

Now I was just even more confused. My mind was going crazy with all of this information. I’m surprised I didn’t just fall unconscious with all the sporadic behavior my brain was having.

“But I am your real father, and Broshi is your real brother. We all look alike anyway, so it’s believable,” Father said.

“Th… Then… who is… our mother?” I asked, barely able to speak.

“Estrala Saurashido is her name. You’ve never met her since Elvina raised you,” Father replied.

“Well… why is that?” I asked.

“Estrala and I were busy at the time, so Elvina took you in. And it seems they mistreated you since you weren't directly related to them. You were just her half-son.”

“Wait… then does that mean you cheated on mom before we were even born then? Because Alex is older than Broshi and I,” I pointed out. At least I was able to actually speak now.

“Oh, no. You have another older brother around Alex’s age that’s your real brother. You haven’t met him though,” Father responded.

Now I just looked confused again. All of this was a lot to take in. Especially with my current mental state.

“You can meet your real mother tomorrow when she comes home,” Father said, looking down at me. “For now, you should get some rest.”

I just kinda stood there for a bit before just walking into the house. I needed to rest my mind.

“You’ll share a room with your brother.” Father walked into the house and closed the door behind him. “It’s upstairs.”

I nodded and walked upstairs, and found my room. Broshi and Arthur were inside. There were two beds in the corners of the room, one for me and one for Broshi. Arthur was laying on a mattress in between those beds. He was presumably going to sleep on it since there wasn’t an extra bed.

Broshi then noticed that I had walked into the room.

“What’d you talk about?” Broshi asked.

“Family things,” I said kinda quietly before just sort’ve falling onto my bed. I moved around a bit and put myself under the covers as I tried to get comfortable. I just needed a nap.

Broshi and Arthur must have noticed this because they were quiet. I relaxed my body in my bed as I slowly drifted off into sleep.

to be continued in the next chapter....

what age should read this

what age should read this book?

Posted by Fire dragon 74 on Fri, 06/21/2019 - 17:25
Any age can if they have the

Any age can if they have the ability to. I don't put any inappropriate things in it. Just violence if anything.

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster)>

Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by QuartzMaster on Fri, 07/05/2019 - 11:45