/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates 6: (Chapter 4) | KidPub Press //
Ultimates 6: (Chapter 4)

Ultimates 6: (Chapter 4)

Posted February 12th, 2017 by QuartzMaster

by QUARTZMASTER310

Here's the next chapter.

{Chapter 4}

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|    ~~Helping~Glare~Out~~    |

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/

Kan stood up tall as he looked out of the window. He lived on Ertin, so everything was normal. He could see the trees outside, and he could hear the birds chirping.

“I will come Glare.” He thought, “I’ll bring your students with me.”

?

“Wake up guys.” I heard Kan’s voice say, “we are going.”

I got up and yawned.

“Where are we going?” Saturo questioned, with a sleepy voice.

“I hope it’s important, I’m really sleepy.” Draco said while yawning.

“Well it is important.” Kan said, “Glare needs my help, not just mine, but your help too.”

“Well then we should get Mehrunes up.” Draco said.

“Yes, wake him up.” Kan said, but when he looked at Mehrunes, “on second thought, leave him. He is dreaming.”

“Why does that matter?” Draco asked.

“Because we don’t know what he is dreaming about, and for what I know some people dream about the future.” Kan said, looking down at Mehrunes, “he might be dreaming about the future.”

?

It was dark, and Mehrunes looked around him. He noticed something right away.

“I’m dreaming.”

Mehrunes looked and saw that he was on a particular planet, the Rock Planet. He noticed that there was a big mountain in front of him.

“Eh heh heh heh heh…”

Mehrunes spotted a guy. He was hard to see since he was dark black, like a shadow,  and he could only be seen because of his blue eyes.

“What kind of dream is this?” Mehrunes thought to himself. “And who is that guy?”

Then, he noticed something… On the ground below the guy was Glare, bleeding to death.

?

“I think he’s awake now.” Saturo said.

Mehrunes’s eyes opened, and he got out of bed. Kan was at the door, with me, Saturo, and Draco.

“Come on Mehrunes.” Kan said, “we are going.”

“Where?” Mehrunes asked.

“To help out Glare.” Kan replied, “it’s gonna be cold though, so I’m gonna give you some coats and gloves when we arrive.”

“Cold?” Draco asked, “where even are we going?!”

“To the Ice Planet.” Kan replied.

“Really?” Draco exclaimed, “well it’s a good thing I have a scarf to keep me warm…”

Kan then opened the door and headed outside, with us following behind. I spotted a spaceship right outside.

“Get on, it’s gonna be about five minutes before we arrive, my spaceship is fast.” Kan said.

We listened and got on.

?

We were already in space, and we passed by a lot of planets. There was this big planet which I assume was the Rock Planet because it looked like there was only stones on it.

We also passed by the Fire Planet, and I noticed the system’s star right next to it. No wonder it’s hot there.

Then, we made it very far from the star, that I could hardly see it anymore. And then I spotted a white planet. This was the Ice Planet.

Our spaceship entered the atmosphere and landed on a pile of snow, based on what I saw through the window.

“Alright, there is a blizzard right now.” Kan said, “wear your coats and run straight towards the cave, alright?”

“Okay.” I said.

There was a huge pile of coats, and I took one and wore it. We all did, and we lined up in front of the exit.

“Alright… Get ready…” Kan said, before the door opened, “go!”

I felt the freezing air right away, and I ran for it. There was a lot of wind, and snow almost got into my eyes. I couldn’t hear anything but the wind, and I couldn’t see much either. I just ran.

Then, I made it to the cave, and I entered it. It was warmer in here, because there was no wind.

“That was horrible…” I heard Saturo say.

I turned and spotted the others. Saturo, Draco and Mehrunes. But Kan was nowhere in sight.

“Where is Kan?” Mehrunes asked.

“I don’t know, where is he?” I asked back.

“Right here.” A voice said from behind me.

“Oh. There he is.” Draco said.

I turned around and spotted Kan, and he wasn’t wearing any coats or jackets! He only wore his tropical clothing, and yet it is freezing here. Is he crazy or what!?

“Come on, we need to move.” Kan said.

He led us as we walked in the cave, and I took off my hood because I was getting a bit hot.

“Are we near the equator?” Mehrunes asked.

“Yes, why?” Kan asked back.

“Because I realized it was getting warmer as we walked through this cave.” Mehrunes replied, “so that must mean we are near the equator.”

We continued walking, and I got even more hot so I unzipped my coat.

“Whew! It’s hot in here!” Draco said as he also unzipped his coat.

“It does get hotter, because we are going deeper underground. If you’d like, you can take off your coats now, you don’t really need them anymore.” Kan said.

I took off my coat and felt so much better… It was the best feeling I’ve ever felt, taking off my coat and letting the cold breeze cool me off.

“Where do we put the coats?” Saturo asked, as I saw we have all taken off our coats.

“Give them to me, I’ll return them.” Kan said, taking the coats.

The coats then disappeared in his hands.

“Okay, seriously. How are you doing that? Is it your power or something?” Draco then asked.

“If you would like me to explain how it works, I am happy to explain.” Kan replied, while smiling.

“Sure go ahead.” Draco said as he sat down to listen.

“Alright then… So I have a secret stash that only I can go to, it is in my mind.” Kan explained, “a lot of what I need is there, and I can make it appear whenever I want. I won’t go deep into scientific explanation, it’ll confuse you but that is the basics.”

“Great. Thats cool but shouldn’t we be helping? We’re not doing anything in a situation that we are in cause we are supposed to be doing something!” Mehrunes says.

“We are about to run into them soon.” Kan said.

“‘Them’?” Saturo asked.

“Dakres, Gagger, Tenker, and Dander.” Kan replied.

“Oh good. Sounds like ‘fun’. I also have a quick question. While I was asleep I had the weirdest dream, is that normal?” Mehrunes says/asks.

Kan looked at him, still smiling.

“What was your dream?” Kan asked.

“Well. I was ‘on’ the Rock Planet, it was dark and I heard someone laugh, and then I looked over and saw some guy with Glare on the ground under him, bleeding out.” Mehrunes says.

“Were you thinking about anything before you went to sleep?” Kan asked.

“Of course.” Mehrunes says, smiling.

“And what were you thinking about?” Kan asked.

“At the exact time of sleep? The future.” Mehrunes replies.

“Were you alone in the dream? Other than Glare and the other guy?” Kan asked, looking serious.

“Yes. It also seemed like the guy didn’t see me at all.” Mehrunes replies. “For the short time I was there.”

“You are sure no one was behind you?” Kan questioned.

“Well there was a mountain behind me so no, not really. I didn’t get the chance to move much less climb a mountain.” Mehrunes replied, looking serious as well.

“Alright, well let me know if you have that dream again.” Kan tells Mehrunes.

“Okay.” Mehrunes replies.”Anyway, we should keep going.”

We then continued walking. The cave got bigger and bigger and I could hear water, maybe there is a stream. We then approached something.

There was a mini waterfall from a high place falling into a medium sized puddle. But when we walked closer to the puddle, the whole thing, including the waterfall, turned into solid ice.

“Well that was quite a flash freeze now wasn’t it?” Draco said with a slightly surprised look on his face.

“Yeah, but the question is who did that?” Saturo asked.

I noticed Kan was looking at the ice, observing it.

“We are obviously not alone.” Kan then said, “stay on guard, there is someone watching.”

I looked around, but I didn’t see anything.

“Let’s keep moving.” Kan said.

There was a tunnel near the frozen pond, and that’s where we went. Kan was the leader, which makes sense because he knows a lot more than us.

We then spotted a hole. It was big and was blocking our way, we would have to jump over it.

And that’s what Kan did, he jumped right over it.

“Come on, just jump.” Kan then said.

I jumped. It was an easy jump, if my feet were longer I could just walk right over it. Saturo jumped afterwards, and then Mehrunes.

“This hole looks deep.” Draco said, looking down into the hole.

“Come on, Draco, jump!” Saturo exclaims.

“Okay, here I go…”

Draco jumped, but all of a sudden, a red hand grabbed his leg, and pulled him into the hole!
“AHHH!!”

I could hear Draco yell as I looked down… He was nowhere in sight.

“What do we do?” I asked Kan.

Kan frowned as he looked down into the hole.

“Keep going without me.” Kan ordered, “and don’t split up!”

Kan then jumped into the hole, and I exchanged looks with Saturo and Mehrunes.

To be continued in the next chapter...

See more stories by QUARTZMASTER310