/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Ultimates 8: (Chapter 1) | KidPub Press //
Ultimates 8: (Chapter 1)

Ultimates 8: (Chapter 1)

Posted March 13th, 2017 by QuartzMaster

by QUARTZMASTER310

Here is the first chapter for book 8!!!! wow tho... I got really far..

{Chapter 1}

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|   ~~Spying~On~The~Thief~~   |

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/

“That worked perfectly.” Vivofit said.

“I know, they thought we were addicted, well the act is over now. We need to get serious.” Vulgon replied.

Vivofit and Vulgon were on Vivofit’s spaceship and were on the Light Planet, in front of Glare’s house. Vivofit had fixed the damage done to his spaceship earlier, but it wasn’t too much, he had fixed it easily. He and Vulgon were just chilling around before they saw a spaceship that came out of the ground take off, and they spotted Ichoo, Saturo, and Draco holding onto it.

“Yeah I think we should get going now.” Vulgon said.

“Yep, here we go.” Vivofit replied, before he took off after the spaceship.

?

I went back to Saturo, Draco, and Mehrunes and told them everything that I heard. Draco and Saturo were shocked, but Mehrunes (as usual) wasn’t surprised.

“I thought so.” Mehrunes said.

“How do you always know the things WE don’t?” Saturo asked him.

“Remember? Bugs. I place them all over the place and they tell me the important information.” Mehrunes replied, “I keep track of things that way too.”

“Okay but how do we get the object back from the thief and get back to the Light Planet exactly? From what I know none of us know how to fly a spaceship very well.” Draco said.

“I can fly a spaceship, Draco.” Mehrunes said, “I was working on one of my own, plus I can planet hop so I can get whatever is in that bag back to the Light Planet alone, if necessary.”

“Okay but how do we get the object back? Who knows how strong that guy could be!” Draco responded.

“Yeah and also… We need to find out what is in that bag.” Saturo added.

“I say we just stick around. As I said before the guy is going to the Ice Planet. When he is about to exit, we hide in another room and then exit after he’s out of sight. And then I say we follow him. What do you say?” I said.

“Yeah but keep in mind that unlike last time we were here we don’t have access to ultra insulated coats. The closest thing we have is jackets and my scarf.” Draco replied.

“Oh yeah… It’s freezing in the Ice Planet.” Saturo said, frowning, “ah well we’ll have to deal with it. Unless we’ve got other options. Do you have any of that, Mehrunes?”

“Well yeah.” Mehrunes replies. “Also I had to travel through space manually, not with a ship. I used a spacesuit. It just so happens that it’s really cold in space, and I have some extra suits.”

“Oh perfect! Then we can wear them for warmth!” Saturo exclaimed, “but we’ll wear them before we get out.”

“Yeah.” Mehrunes says, small objects in his hand. “Here, put them on your chest, back arm, whatever. And press the button.”

“But before we get out of the spaceship, or else we might get too hot in here.” Saturo said, putting the object away.

“It’s mostly heat-retaining. Meaning that’s not likely to happen.” Mehrunes replies. “I think… he’s leaving.”

I looked through the window in the door, and I saw through another window that we had landed on the Ice Planet. The guy was walking toward our way, and we quickly entered another room. It wasn’t a room, it was a closet, and we were squished inside.

“It’s really cramped in here!” Draco whispered.

“Yes I know.” Saturo also whispered.

I watched through the closet window as the guy walked out of the spaceship. He wasn’t wearing any jacket or coat, which makes sense since it seemed he had Ice Powers.

I opened the door after I felt that the guy was far enough from the spaceship.

“Hurry! We need to keep up with him, put on the space suits as fast as you can!” I shouted as I put on my suit.

Draco, Saturo, and Mehrunes put theirs on too.

“Okay so where is he going?” Draco asked me.

“I think he’s going to go to where Dakres is, that’s what I heard.” I said as we watched him walk on the snow.

“Speaking of Dakres. It’s been awhile since we saw him I wonder what happened.” Draco replied.

“I heard the guy say some sort of wizard defeated him. And also I bet we’ll see him if we continue following that guy.” I said.

“Well we have to be very careful with our walking speed, because snow makes sound when you walk on it so we have to be really careful.” Draco added.

“Yeah… Unless I try to make a lot of wind and carry the snow to make it seem like there is a storm. Then our footsteps won’t be heard.” I said.

“Yeah but the guy may wonder why a random storm just happens out of nowhere. That could be bad.” Draco replied.

“Or. You know, we could just fly with the suits someplace that we’re hidden.” Mehrunes says.

“Wait. We can fly with these? Why didn’t you say that earlier?” Draco asked.

“Well, I said I flew through space with this, so I thought you got that.” Mehrunes replies. “Also, it’s really quiet to fly using these because I hate the sound of thrusters and flying and what-not.”

“Yeah I get it.” I said, “anyway, he’s far enough, let’s go.”

The four of us got out of the spaceship and slowly followed the guy. The space suits worked, I was warm. We walked and the guy seemed to be entering a cave.

“Wait this place is familiar.” Saturo said.

“Yeah, we’ve been here before.” I said, pointing in front of the cave, “that’s where Vulgon and Vivofit crashed the first time we met them.”

“Oh yeah… I remember that.” Draco said. “Mainly because I was in the ship.”

“Yeah now let’s follow him.” I said.

We were about to enter the cave, but something blocked us.

CRASH!

In front of us was Vivofit’s spaceship, and I saw through the window that Vulgon and Vivofit were inside.

“Frickin Vivofit!” Vulgon yelled, “you crashed again! You SUCK!”

“Man he can never land a spaceship can he? I’m surprised he even has a license.” Draco said to me.

“Wait how did they know we are here?” I asked.

“I don’t know, but they followed us here apparently and now Vivo has a fourth tally to add to his crash counter.” Draco replied.

“Guys!” Mehrunes yelled, “that guy! He definitely heard that crash!”

“Oh no!” Saturo yelled as well.

“Well that’s just great! Now what do we do? He’ll probably be back here in thirty seconds!” Draco said.

“I already AM here.” a voice said.

We looked up and the guy we were following was standing on top of Vivofit’s spaceship.

“Nevermind.” Draco muttered.

“You guys were pretty sneaky. I should have been more careful.” The guy said. “Tsk. Tsk.”

“Mmhmm.” Mehrunes replies. “You’re new, aren’t you? No wait. Yes you are.”

“New as in…?” The guy asked.

“New as in you’re talking, new as in we, and quite frankly not a whole lot else, know about you. New as in NEW TO PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING! We don’t even know your name. To be an antagonist you have to have your enemies know your name or else we don’t care as much.” Mehrunes lectures.

“I don’t think you're supposed to break the fourth wall Mehrunes. It might confuse the readers if there even are readers.” Draco said.

“What?” Mehrunes asks. “Draco you make no sense sometimes. But then again, everyone makes no sense to someone else at one point in time.”

“Okay so what are your names?” the guy asked.

“Oh I am Ich, this is Saturo, Draco, and Mehrunes. And the two in the spaceship you are standing on are Vulgon and Vivofit.” I said. “We told you our names, now you tell us yours.”

The guy smiled.

“My name’s Nix.” The guy said. “It’s a pleasure.”

“‘Nix’? What kind of name is Nix?” Saturo asked.

“I don’t know, what kind of name is Saturo?” Nix asked back.

“I don’t know, you tell me.” Saturo said back.

“D-dude that wasn’t a very good come back.” Nix said.

“That wasn’t a come back. Plus, I don’t CARE.” Saturo replied. “Anyway, would you mind giving back whatever you stole from Glare?”

“‘Stole’? I didn’t steal it.” Nix said.

“Hmm… well according to what I know. Taking something without the owner's permission and then taking the owners spaceship, without their permission  again, counts as stealing. Double stealing actually!” Draco said.

“Well the spaceship you can have back, I kinda did steal that. But the other thing wasn’t Glares.” Nix said, “now I need to go.”

“Hmm… how about… no?” Draco said. “We aren’t just gonna leave after chasing you all the way to another planet!”

“Well then I’ll just have to beat you all up.” Nix said, jumping off of Vivofit’s spaceship. “How’s that sound?”

“Sounds like something I’ve heard quite a few times. But sure.” Draco said.

“Okay Draco. If you’re so confident. You fight him.” Mehrunes says. “Go ahead.”

“That’s not what I meant Mehrunes. But fine if you want me to then fine, I’ll try.” Draco replied.

“So, Nix v.s. Draco. Draco V Nix. This will be good.” Mehrunes comments.

“Why do I have a feeling you're not rooting for me?” Draco asked Mehrunes as Nix stood in front of us patiently.

“Ehh. Using data I’ve collected I have almost pre-determined who would win.” Mehrunes says. “So you two ready?”

“Boi, I was BORN ready. Come at me, show me what you got.” Nix said, determined that he was gonna win.

“… What was that?” Draco asked, a confused look on his face.

“Draco you were supposed to taunt or something, not be confused.” Mehrunes says. “But whatever. Hey Ich, will you count down from 3 to go?”

“Uhh sure I guess.” I said, exchanging looks from Nix and Draco, “3… 2… 1… Go!”

Nix stood in his exact spot. He looked bored.

“Oh yay. Another one of these guys. Why is it that I always fight these people?” Draco muttered.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. But I said COME at me. Otherwise this battle will end too fast.” Nix says.

“JUST FRICKIN ATTACK EACH OTHER!!!!” Mehrunes yells at them. “THAT WAS, IS, THE POINT!!!”

“Fine even though he's probably gonna dodge it or block it.” Draco muttered before he shot a ball of plasma at Nix.

But Nix blasted it with ice, getting rid of it. Nix still looked bored.

“You both suck.” Mehrunes comments. “Do something.”

“I am. I’m making you mad while standing here. I’m just waiting for this loser Draco to do something. I am going easy on him right now. But if this takes too long, I’ll wreck you all and leave.” Nix said.

“You know what. I’m done. People just always insult me whenever I fight them. Or they just block my attacks or dodge them. Because for some reason, I never get to fight someone who doesn’t do one of those things!” Draco yelled before pointing at us. “But you guys get to fight people who don't do that. But I never get to! For some reason! So I’m not gonna fight this guy, you guys do it yourselves if you want a fight!”

“Seems like a user issue.” Mehrunes comments.

As Nix looked into Draco’s eyes, Mehrunes, Saturo, and I just watched the two of them silently.

“Let me tell you something, Draco.” Nix said, “I don’t CARE.”

“So then what are you gonna do? Punch me in the nose? Stab me in the chest or stomach? Cut me hundreds of times? Or are you just gonna freeze me solid?” Draco snapped at Nix.

“Well I don’t want to kill you or harm you in general. I just want you out of my way so I can complete my task. You know what? I don’t need to fight, you guys are slow anyway.” Nix said, turning around to face the cave he was going to enter earlier.

“Oh no you don’t!” Mehrunes says, disappearing and appearing at the entrance of the cave. “Who tasked you this?”

“My master.” Nix answered as Saturo, Draco, and I walked closer towards the two of them.

“AND who is that?!” Mehrunes questions.

“Well you were following me and listening to me. I think you already know.” Nix said, before he turned to look at me, “at least HE does.”

Oh. So then Nix did spot me when I was in the spaceship.

“Yeah remember, Mehrunes? I told you when I got out of that room.” I said, “it’s Dakres.”

“DING DING DING!” Nix exclaimed, “Dakres it is!”

Then, Mehrunes ran for the bag, pushing Nix over in the process. A look of fright appeared on Nix’s face, and then Nix grabbed the bag in mid-air, and at the same time disappearing out of sight.

“Crud.” Mehrunes says. “Maybe it fell out, as he never closed the bag.”

“I don’t think so.” Saturo said, looking around, “it’s nowhere around here.”

The four of us were now near each other, and the entrance to the cave was just behind Mehrunes.

“Well where did he go?” I asked as we all looked around.

“Hey what’s this thing?” Draco asked, picking up something from the ground.

“Ummm… what is it?” I asked as Draco held it out closer to us to see.

“These thing.” Draco said showing us.

In his hands was this weird scaly flat thing… It was blue-ish green-ish and it looked rough.

“I have no idea what it is.” Draco said. “It kinda looks like a dragon scale or something.”

“Huh.” Saturo said, “there is a chance that was what was in that bag.”

“No, because what was in the bag was round.” I added. “This is just some random thing Draco found. We should keep it and ask Glare what it is later on.”

“Okay.” Draco said, putting the scaly object in his jacket pocket.

Then, Nix appeared next to Vivofit’s spaceship. I also noticed that Vulgon and Vivofit were gone, they were somewhere other than the spaceship.

“Oh you want me to explain what I did?” Nix asked, “I became snow. Along with everything in my hands. It’s one of my abilities. You won’t be able to catch me since we are on the Ice Planet.”

“Oh great.” Draco muttered.

“Yes, great for me.” Nix added, “now bye bye, gotta give the bag to Dakres!”

Then Nix disappeared.

“So now what do we do?” Draco asked. “He could be anywhere!”

I looked back at the cave. Then back at where Nix was.

“Wait…” I said.

“Hey Gemil? Is there a way where I can track where Nix exactly is?” I asked in my mind.

“Search for his energy.” Gemil replied, “everyone gives off energy.”

“Ah okay, thanks Gemil.” I said.

“That’s why I am here.” Gemil replied.

I then tried to search for Nix’s energy and I sensed it inside the cave. Quickly I ran into the cave, and the others followed me, as if they knew I had a plan.

“Did you ask Gemil something or what did you do?” Draco asked me.

“Yeah, I asked Gemil how to track Nix. He said search for his energy, and he’s already in this cave.” I said back as we ran through the cave.

“Huh. Maybe I should ask Plasmus about this scale thing I found. But I’ll do that after we stop running.” Draco said.

“Why? You can do it as we run.” Saturo said as we ran, “I ask my Ultimate Crystal things all the time when I am doing other things.”

“True.” Draco said. “Should I ask him now?”

“Sure go ahead.” I said as we continued running.

We continued running, and soon we had reached the same place we had reached a long time ago. It was the hole that creature grabbed Draco in.

We jumped over it, without any creature grabbing Draco this time.

I could feel Nix’s energy just up ahead. At this rate we can catch him in no time!

To be continued in the next chapter....

See more stories by QUARTZMASTER310