/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 1: The Adventure Begins: (Chapter 10) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 1: The Adventure Begins: (Chapter 10)

Posted September 7th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

A/N: Since some of y'all are reading, I'll post the next chapters.

Kaze, Saturo, Draco, and Fireball were all fast asleep. Kaze was sleeping on the bed nearest to the door and bathroom, a blindfold covering his eyes as he snuggled a glowing blanket. Saturo was sleeping on the bed in the middle, and Draco was next to the window, along with Fireball, who was curled up in a tiny ball on his small backpack bed next to Draco on a small drawer.

All of them were deeply asleep, except for Kaze. He opened his eyes slowly. He had heard the sound of birds tweeting outside, so he assumed it was morning. 

Kaze took off his blindfold and set it aside, squinting his eyes as they slowly adjusted to the glowing room. After his pupils dilated, he got up after stretching.  

He looked down at the alarm clock to check the time. It was 7 in the morning, and the sun was already up. 

“Hey guys,” Kaze then said to his sleeping friends. “Wake up. It’s morning.”

Draco made a sort of groan before sitting up. Fireball also mewed, showing he was awake now as well, even though his eyes were still pretty closed.

“Saturo.” Kaze shook his friend.

“I’m up, Mom!” Saturo sat up, taking off his blindfold. “Oh.” Looking around the room, Saturo recalled the events that had occurred yesterday. “This is the first time I woke up someplace other than home…”

“Like your house? Or do you mean your whole planet?” Draco asked, rubbing his eyes. “Cause if it’s your house, then that would mean you’ve never had a sleepover or gone to a hotel before.”

“I meant my whole planet,” Saturo replied. “It feels a lot different since this place is glowing.” 

“Yep.” Kaze nodded in agreement. “Well, since we’re all up now, we should start our search for a master.”

“Yeah,” Draco said. He packed up Fireball into his backpack pocket space, and got ready to head out the door. 

“Will we be getting another hotel tonight?” Saturo asked, as all three of them were at the door. 

“If we don’t find a master, yeah,” Draco answered as they exited the hotel room. 

The three of them walked down the stairs to the lobby, where Draco returned the key and checked out. Then they left the hotel. 

“So…” Kaze said as he looked around at the city. “Where do we start?”

“We’ve just gotta ask people if they know where a master or masters are,” Draco said.

“Sounds easy enough.” Kaze then walked over to a man who was walking by. “Hey excuse me, do you know where we could find a master?”

The man stopped walking and looked down at Kaze. “A master? As in someone who trains and teaches?”

“Yeah. Like someone who trains Ultimates to get stronger,” Kaze said.

“Well, yes. You could go to that building.” The man pointed at a building. “They recruit students.”

“Okay, thanks!” Kaze thanked the man. He then turned to Draco and Saturo for a moment, smiling, before he started walking towards the building. “That was super easy. Now we just have to go inside that building and get recruited!”

“It’s probably gonna be more difficult from here depending on who and where the master is,” Draco said as they entered the building.

The inside of the building looked like a weapon and armor shop. It had dozens of cool looking weapons hanging on the walls. 

Kaze, Saturo, and Draco looked at the weapons. 

“Ello, laddies!” A bearded man in glowing armor approached them. “Ye here to buy some weapons? Or ye wanna get recruited?”

“We’re here to get recruited, sir,” Draco said.

“Ahaha!” The man chuckled. “Olright, den! How much experience ya got?”

“Not very much,” Draco said, in a bit of an embarrassed tone. “We all just got our crystals yesterday. We don’t even know the basics.” 

The man raised his eyebrows. “Not very much? Well dat makes things ‘arder, dunin’ it, yeh?”

“Yeah, I doubt many masters are gonna want people who don’t know the basics, let alone pass their tests,” Draco said.

“Well, ah don’t judge potential, ah’ll give ya someone,” the man replied. “Ah know a guy lookin’ to get some new students.”

“That’s great!” Draco exclaimed. “What’s their name?”

“Glare Relnitron,” the man replied.

“I feel like I’ve heard that name before. What do they do besides teaching Ultimates, if anything?” Draco asked.

“Oh, he’s a scientist!” The man exclaimed. “A pretty well known one at dat!”

“Oooo, a scientist!” Saturo said. 

“Yeh!” The man smiled. “Ah could tell ye’ where he lives if ya want ta pay him a visit. And ask him if he could be your master. He judges potential. He may accept you.”

“I don’t see why not. Let’s do it!” Draco exclaimed.

“Olright! You’ll have ta leave the city, he lives in a small village in a forest south from this city,” the man said. “Once ye get there, ask the folks livin’ there for Glare’s whereabouts.”

“Okay, thank you mister!” Draco said, doing a similar bow to the one he gave Camile the day prior before turning to face Kaze and Saturo. “Let’s get going guys!”

“Right!” Kaze and Saturo said at the same time.

The three of them exited the building as the man watched them leave with a smile. Once they were out, Kaze asked, “which way is south?”

Hearing this, Draco looked through his backpack and pulled out a compass.

“South is… that way,” Draco said, pointing to show where it was. South was to the left of them.

“Oh! Well aren’t we lucky!” Kaze said. He looked at the direction and saw that the city came to an end. There was a forest there. They were able to walk to the village, as it wasn’t very far. “Think the village is far? We could probably walk, save us some money.”

“It’s good to get exercise too. May as well walk, when we get a master or masters, they’ll probably have us do a lot of exercises like this. Only on a bigger scale,” Draco said.

“Walking it is!” Kaze exclaimed as the three of them started walking south towards the forest.

They soon had left the city and were walking through a forest. The bark and leaves of the trees were all glowing a golden yellow. The grass that they were walking on was also glowing a golden yellow. Everything was glowing! Even the dirt and stone!

“Dudes. This forest is LIT!” Kaze exclaimed with a smile.

“Six outta ten pun,” Draco commented.

“Oh.” Kaze chuckled. He had unintentionally made a pun. “That was unintentional.”

“It’s fine,” Draco said as they kept walking through the forest.

“Do you like puns, Draco?” Saturo asked. “Cuz a lot of my classmates hate them. For some reason it annoys them, but I think they’re funny.”

“Well then I guess they aren’t bright enough to appreciate that kind of humor.” Draco did a little smirk.

“Ha!” Kaze laughed.

“I think of em so often it’s like a constant lightbulb moment in my head. Gotta make sure I remember em though, or they’ll be gone in a flash,” Draco said coolly with a smile.

This had Kaze and Saturo laughing. 

“Oh man! You make some good ones!” Saturo said, a wide grin on his face.

“Thank you, I try to make all my puns have a nice glowing gleam of quality,” Draco said.

“And you’re pretty good at doing that!” Kaze said. 

Suddenly, they heard something rustling in the bushes up ahead. The three of them looked over at the glowing bushes.

A boy emerged from the bushes, thick black bat-like wings coming out of his back which had gray spikes on them. The spikes were pretty big, slightly bigger than a knife. The boy also had snow white hair, making him stand out quite a bit, along with his dark blue jeans, dark purple jacket and black shirt. He dressed casually, but his spiked yet smooth hair and menacing spiked wings gave off different vibes. His eyes were also two separate colors, one purple, the other a yellowish green. He also looked a bit older than them, maybe fourteen or fifteen.

Kaze, Saturo, and Draco examined the boy. Kaze and Saturo were shocked at his wings and found themselves looking at them, while Draco just seemed shocked in general.

But before any of them could speak, the boy did. He spoke in a much more normal yet refined voice than they expected.

“Well well well… I didn’t plan on doing this today, but then you appeared!” the boy said, smiling at them. It made the three of them even more on edge.

“Who are you?” Kaze asked.

“My name is Folly.” The boy did a polite little bow. “I never got to introduce myself since you had hurried away last time.” He was looking at Draco.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Draco asked, very confused by this Folly person. “I’ve never seen you before!”

“Don’t play dumb, Broshi!” Folly yelled. 

This made Draco even more confused. “Broshi? Who is that? My name is Draco!” 

“No! You are Broshi! I’ve never forgotten your face!” Folly yelled. “And I’ve been looking for you ever since, and finally, I have found you!” Folly was only a few feet away from them. Kaze and Saturo were no longer looking at his wings and were watching and listening curiously and quietly.

“I still don’t know what you’re talking about, I’ve never seen you before in my life!” Draco exclaimed. He seemed more frustrated than confused at this point.

Folly laughed. “Fine, be that way Broshi. It won’t matter to me anyway, since you’ll be dead.”

Kaze, Saturo, and Draco’s eyes widened.

“Wait what?!” Draco exclaimed.

“Oh yes! I’m going to kill you, Broshi! I’m going to torture you and bring pain upon you, just like you did before!” Folly exclaimed. 

Now Draco looked scared. He tried to keep his Ultimate Crystal in his hands, as they were shaking now. Kaze and Saturo were surprised and confused. They didn’t know what to do.

“H-hold on, Folly, I think you’ve got the wrong person!” Kaze said, his hands out in front of him as he walked in front of Draco.

“Nonsense!” Folly barked. “I know how Broshi looks better than my own name! And now that I’ve found him, I’ll kill him! Out of my way!” He smacked Kaze, knocking him into a tree.

“Agh!” Kaze was hurt as he fell to the ground.

“Kaze!” Draco and Saturo exclaimed.

“I wouldn’t worry about him if I were you, Broshi.” Folly approached Draco slowly, his fists surrounded in a dark purple aura.

Draco was seemingly locked in place. He looked more stressed and scared than ever before.

“Oh gosh, what do I do? We can’t convince him… Kaze is hurt… and we don’t know how to use our Crystals… Oh no…” Draco thought to himself as he felt the tension in his body rising and his heartbeat getting faster.

Folly then shoved Draco down onto the floor violently. He ripped off a spike from his wings and went to stab Draco in the head with it.

But Saturo tried to push Folly aside. But Folly didn’t budge, not even by a millimeter. 

Folly looked over at Saturo and laughed. “Wow, you’re pathetically weak!”

Then he knocked Saturo into a tree with his wings. 

“Ugh!” Saturo’s back crashed into the tree, hurting his spine as he then fell to the ground.

“Saturo!” Draco exclaimed before looking up at Folly. His brain was freaking out, unable to tell what to do. He hastily tried to stand up and face Folly, but Folly simply just knocked Draco back a few meters. 

“You’re also pathetically weak! Ha! I’ve gotten a lot stronger since last time!” Folly laughed. “So much stronger that you can’t even hit me!”

This was the most stressed Draco had ever been. Kaze and Saturo were hurt, this guy wanted to kill him, and there was seemingly nothing he could do. He didn’t even know how to use his crystal.

His heart felt like it was going to explode.

“What’s the matter, Broshi? You don’t look so good!” Folly laughed, walking towards Draco slowly.

This situation… it felt familiar to Draco. Familiar in all the ways he didn’t want it to. She was angry… He was hurt… he felt so powerless… and next thing he knew he woke up in his brother’s car.

“G-get… away from me…” Draco said with strain in his voice as he held his head on the ground.

“Hmmm… sure, I’ll get away.” Folly turned around and walked the other way. Then he threw the spike he was holding backwards, and it stabbed right into Draco’s gut. “Oh, oops! Didn’t mean to do that!” Folly laughed as Draco was bleeding.

“I mean it… get away from me. Get away from them!” Draco said, more anger in his voice than before. He dug his nails into the glowing forest dirt.

“No. I’m not gonna leave when I’ve been waiting for this moment my entire life!” Folly said. He drew another spike from his wings as he walked towards Draco. “You will die, Broshi! And I will have fun killing you!”

Draco was now breathing heavily.

“I gave you a chance…”

Folly ignored him and attempted to dig the spike into Draco’s skull.

But his hand was stopped halfway. Draco had stopped it with his left hand.

Draco then looked up at Folly, a furious look on his face. His once brown irises glowed a light cyan color.

“…And you threw it away!” Draco yelled before hurling Folly into a tree with unexpected force.

But Folly used his wings and stopped himself mid-air, a smile on his face. 

“I see you still have some of that power that you used against me last time!” Folly said. “Nice, I like this! I don’t like easy kills anyway!” Folly then shot dozens of spikes at Draco’s direction, many of them successfully hit him. 

“Agh!” Draco grunted. But he stayed where he stood, breathing in deeply for a moment, before letting out a large yell as a sudden powerful burst of a bomb like aura rushed out from all around him, blowing over trees like it was nothing.

Folly swept in all of a sudden and knocked Draco into the ground, dragging him through the glowing dirt for a few seconds before chucking him at a tree. 

“I am still stronger than you! I have trained hard all of these years so that I could kill you!” Folly said, flapping his wings as he floated in the air.

Draco simply stood back up. Even though he was bleeding, he was seemingly unfazed.

“I like the spirit. You won’t give up until you’re dead.” Folly grinned. His whole body was suddenly surrounded by a dark purple aura and a ball of dark energy formed in his hands. 

Draco glared at him, moving his hands around a bit. His irises glowing brighter.

But before Folly could strike, Kaze suddenly descended from above, landing in front of Draco, his body covered in a green aura. He didn’t look happy. He looked quite mad.

“Oh? What a surprise!” Folly exclaimed. “Guess I’ll kill you both!” 

Kaze turned to Draco. “Are you okay?”

Draco simply cracked his knuckles. He didn’t seem to care about the stab wounds in his shirt as he dug into his jacket pocket and pulled out the crystal he had gotten yesterday and clenched it tightly.

“Yeah, absorb it. It helps.” Kaze nodded.

The crystal phased away into Draco’s hand before he was surrounded in a blue flame like aura, causing the ground around them to shake and a few small plants to be burned. He then looked back over at where Saturo had been hit before looking at Kaze.

“I don’t want you getting beat up… you look like you’re in more pain than Saturo,” Kaze said, looking at all the blood dripping from Draco’s body.

Seeing this, Draco simply took bandages out of his shirt and wrapped them around his wounds. He also pulled out the spikes that were stabbed into his body. He didn’t seem like he was going to sit this one out whether Kaze liked it or not. 

“You fail to understand the warrior’s spirit, Kaze!” Folly then said. “Broshi is a warrior, as am I. You are just a newbie, having got powers just today. I can tell you don’t even know how to fight! If anything, I think you should sit this one out and let Broshi die fighting against me!”

“Oh shut up, you!” Kaze yelled at him. “I don’t care about any of that! I’m just not going to let you kill my friend!”

“I see. Then good luck to you, newbie. You’re fighting someone whose trained for years.” Folly then fell to the ground and walked towards Kaze and Draco with a smirk. 

Kaze raised his hand and pointed it at Folly, attempting to throw him back. But Folly continued walking with a smirk. 

“Shoot, it’s not affecting him!” Kaze thought to himself. 

“You also are pathetically weak.” Folly smirked. “You all are!” 

Folly then suddenly appeared in front of Kaze and stabbed him in the liver with a spike. 

“Ugh!” Kaze winced. He’s never felt pain like this before. 

“Newbie.” Folly then tossed him aside, and Kaze’s aura disappeared. Folly looked at Draco with a smile. 

Draco simply glared at him as his hands and feet started to glow brightly in a cyan color, and his aura got more intense, causing small pieces of dirt and pebbles to float from the force being pushed out.

“Wow. That Crystal did more of a boost for you than I expected.” Folly smirked. “Now let’s see how long you can last before you drop dead!”

The two of them then lunged at each other, sending melee attacks as fast as they could, but the other party either blocked it with their own or dodged it.

“Not bad, Broshi!” Folly exclaimed. “But not good enough.” Folly then punched Draco hard, knocking him into a tree. When Draco hit the tree, the tree collapsed from the force.

But Draco simply got back up.

“Man you are a tough one,” Folly commented as Draco leaped at him again, continuing their cycle of barely giving the opposing party a chance to land a strike. “I like that!”

Meanwhile, Kaze was watching from the ground beside Saturo, trying to stop the bleeding but struggling as the spike was still there in his liver. He didn’t have the spirit that Draco did. He just wanted to go home and be safe.

“I appreciate the effort to match me, but you’re still weaker!” Folly then uppercutted Draco into the air and sent many spikes at him. The spikes stabbed through Draco, and Folly suddenly appeared above him before he smashed him into the ground below. 

Draco was bleeding quite a lot.

He spat on the ground before standing up. His stubbornness clearly knew no bounds.

“Draco, stop!” Saturo then yelled. “You don’t have to do this! We can run away!”

Draco then put his glowing hands together and seemed to concentrate, ignoring Saturo. This battle was the only thing that Draco was thinking about.

“He’s not listening,” Kaze said, wincing at the pain. “But he can- agh!…Fight better than I can…”

Saturo looked over at Draco worriedly. A small sphere seemingly appeared between Draco’s hands.

He then stuck his arms out towards Folly, and with a yell, a sudden barrage of glowing blue flame-like shots shot out of the sphere at an incredible speed at him.

Folly grinned as he flew down towards Draco, dodging all the blue flames.

Draco remained focused on him.

But as Folly was getting closer, his whole body was surrounded by a dark purple aura. Folly appeared in front of Draco all of a sudden and grabbed his neck tightly. 

“It’s no use, Broshi. You are meant to die here. You’ve sinned enough.” Folly’s grip tightened.

Draco struggled to breath and his face was turning red. Kaze and Saturo were scared as they watched. They were then startled as a sudden explosion occurred right where Draco was, making a crater in the ground. 

After the dust cleared, Draco was inside the crater, injured all over his body and unable to move. The only thing he could really do was angrily glare and growl at Folly.

Folly laughed as he was flying above Draco. “This is the end for you, Broshi!” Spikes shot out of his wings, puncturing Draco’s hands and feet into the ground like he was a dissection experiment.

Saturo watched in terror as Folly was about to kill Draco, and Kaze struggled to get up. 

“Hahahaha!”

A/N: To be continued in the next chapter...

So for the past few days,

So for the past few days, I’ve been basically binging this series, and I love it. I know I said I would read it a couple months ago, but I never really got a chance. When I saw the rewrites, I decided, why not!

Anyways, enough about me haha. I love this! It’s really interesting how you were able to think of a whole new “galaxy” and I like the characters, too. It just got intense this chapter though! So excited to read more!!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by oof.alem.oof on Wed, 09/11/2019 - 20:33
Oh awesome! Glad to see that

Oh awesome! Glad to see that people are actually reading it XD

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by QuartzMaster on Thu, 09/12/2019 - 08:04
Can't wait until this

Can't wait until this becomes a movie XD.

Posted by Ava on Sat, 09/28/2019 - 22:23