/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 1: The Adventure Begins: (Chapter 11) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 1: The Adventure Begins: (Chapter 11)

Posted September 12th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

A/N: I'm glad that you guys are actually reading this, I want to know your thoughts XD

Anyway, here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

“Hahaha!” Folly laughed as he took a spike to stab Draco in the head with. Saturo was panicking and was unable to move due to his spine injury. But Kaze was trying to get up and stop Folly. 

Folly then let himself fall to stab Draco violently. 

“No!” Kaze yelled. 

Folly didn’t fall, however. He floated there. But his wings weren’t moving. 

Kaze had his hand extended out, aimed at Folly. He had stopped Folly from murdering Draco. 

Folly sighed as he looked over at Kaze. “You again? Stop getting in my way!” 

Folly chucked the spike that he was going to use on Draco at Kaze. But the spike floated in front of Kaze once it got there. 

Kaze then took the spike that was in his liver out and tossed it aside. He then forced himself to stand, struggling as he did. 

“I won’t… let you kill him…” Kaze said. 

“If you insist. I guess I’ll have to kill you too then.” Folly then flew over and landed in front of Kaze. 

“I need to fight… I need power, Galex!” Kaze thought to himself. 

“You already have power. You just need to learn to use it,” Galex replied.

Kaze then shot forward to punch Folly, but Folly dodged it swiftly and tripped him with his wings. As Kaze fell, he grabbed Folly’s legs. He then saw spikes on the ground in front of him and focused on them. The spikes then floated off of the ground and stabbed Folly’s legs. 

“Ow.” Folly didn’t seem to be too bothered by it. The spikes just entered his body, like they were invited guests, and regrew on his wings. “Nice try, newbie.” He then picked Kaze up by his shirt. “But you’re still a newbie. You won’t be able to beat me. You’ll die trying.”

“That’s right!” Saturo suddenly shouted from behind. He absorbed his Ultimate Crystal and stood up, walking towards Folly. “He can’t beat you! Not alone! But together we can!” 

Folly just laughed. “No, not even together. You’re still no match. I’m three times stronger than all three of you combined!”

Saturo knew that that was probably true. But he continued walking. 

“I’m not going to stand back and watch my friends get hurt anymore…” Saturo muttered. “You’re going to regret what you’ve done, Folly!”

Folly yawned. “I probably won’t. I’ve always wanted to kill Broshi. And two newbies aren’t going to stop me.” He then tossed Kaze at Saturo, knocking him down. 

But Kaze and Saturo got back up. 

“We are newbies, yes,” Kaze said, “but we’re newbies with Ultimate Crystals.” 

“So? I have an Ultimate Crystal too. Except I know how to use its power, unlike you,” Folly retorted. “Now please don’t make me do this. I would rather not kill you two, I’m only after Broshi’s life.”

“And we’re not going to let you take it,” Kaze said.

“Well Broshi is right behind me in the crater. I’m closer and faster. I can easily go and kill him right now,” Folly said. “But that won’t be fun, so I won’t.”

Kaze then ran at Folly, leaping towards him with a fist. Folly blocked the attack but was moved back a bit. But before Folly could attack, Saturo suddenly punched him in the face.

“First off… ow.” Folly looked over at Saturo, his hand still holding onto Kaze’s fist. “Second off, those crystals did increase your power. That’s not right. You’re not supposed to have that much power off the bat! You’re just newbies!”

“Newbies with Ultimate Crystals,” Kaze corrected. He then focused more of his power and knocked Folly back further, past the crater Draco was in. Folly caught himself with his wings and floated there.

“You are foolish, thinking you can fight me!” Folly was getting pretty annoyed. “I don’t want to kill you, since I don’t hold a grudge against you, but you’re making it hard!”

Kaze turned to Saturo. “Help Draco, I’ll distract him.”

“You sure you can do this?” Saturo asked.

Kaze nodded. “Yes. Galex will help me.” 

Kaze then leaped forward at Folly, shoving him back into a tree without physically touching him. Folly shot spikes at Kaze but he barely dodged them or stopped them in midair. 

Meanwhile, Saturo jumped into the crater. Draco was laying there, spikes in his hands and feet, unable to move. 

“Oh gosh, you’re in terrible shape…” Saturo couldn’t look at his injuries. “C’mon, let me get you out of here! We can escape!”

Draco just made a resistant grumble noise in response.

“Can you not speak?” Saturo asked worriedly. “Hurry, we can run! Kaze has him distracted, but I dunno how long he can keep him busy!” He was scared that if he took the spikes out of Draco’s body, it would make him bleed more. Saturo was unsure of what to do.

Draco then looked at Saturo before looking over at his backpack laying beside him in the crater, inside of which there was bandages. 

Saturo hurried to the backpack and dug through it, finding the bandages. 

“Oh good!” He then took out the spikes from Draco’s hands and feet, helping him up and putting on some of the bandages. He tried his best to apply them.

Draco winced a bit when he flexed his hands to see if they weren’t too damaged, and it seemed they weren’t.

He then quickly checked his backpack and thankfully, Fireball was miraculously unharmed. 

“Let’s run now!” Saturo then said. 

“……what about Kaze?” Draco asked, finally speaking for the first time with his irises glowing.

“Oh shoot, uh… I dunno, how can we all get away?!” Saturo placed his hands on his head, panicking. He had never been in a situation like this before so he had no clue what to do.

While Saturo was panicking, Draco was glaring over at where Kaze and Folly had gone. Kaze was actually doing pretty well, surprisingly, and had pushed Folly away from where Draco and Saturo were. 

“If we can’t run…” Saturo then said. “Then we can fight! All of us, together!”

Draco nodded at Saturo before he leaped over in the direction of Folly and Kaze, his hands glowing again. 

Saturo climbed out of the crater. “Kaze! We’re coming to help you!”

Kaze turned and spotted Draco getting closer with his hands glowing. He then moved out of the way, leaving Folly standing there alone.

Draco then made a medium sized glowing sphere in one hand and pointed it in Folly’s direction, and in the next moment, suddenly shot out a small beam of blue light at him, while charging another sphere is his other hand. 

Folly blocked the beam with his wings, as he charged a sphere of his own in his hands.

But as he approached him, Draco threw the other sphere down into the forest, causing a large explosion. Suddenly, a bunch of trees and dust rocketed upwards at high speed right into Folly’s path.  

Folly dodged the trees and continued charging. But Kaze suddenly nailed him in the face, causing Folly to lose focus. 

Draco then kicked a few of the airborne trees at Folly, practically turning them into a hail of wooden torpedoes at the dazed Folly. 

Folly shielded himself with his wings, and as Kaze was about to attack him again, Folly disappeared. 

Draco then landed onto the ground beside Kaze. 

“Where’d he go?” Kaze asked, looking around.

Draco was standing with his back behind Kaze, looking around cautiously for any sign of either Folly or Saturo. He found Saturo running towards him. 

“Where’d he go?” Saturo asked as he arrived.

“Not sure,” Draco said.

“He just flat out disappeared,” Kaze added. 

“Then we can use this as a chance to escape!” Saturo exclaimed. 

“Then we need to be watchful just in case. At least until we reach the village,” Draco said to the two of them. “Considering his hesitancy to killing you two since all he cared about was him seeing me as someone I’m not, I doubt he’d attack when we’re in a more populated area.”

“Then let’s run as fast as we can towards the village,” Kaze said. “Which way was south again?”

Draco pulled out his compass and glanced at it before pointing to their right. “That way,” He said.

“Alright, it shouldn’t be too far, I don’t think Folly would follow us if what you said is true.” Kaze started sprinting towards the village, along with Saturo. 

Draco ran behind them, keeping an eye on their surroundings, seemingly prepared for if Folly were to return. 

As they ran, Folly was flying right above them, thinking to himself. 

“They’re heading towards the village,” Folly observed. “I could swoop in and kill Broshi… but that wouldn’t be fun. Not a good kill.” 

Folly wanted to fight Draco one on one and defeat him in battle, and then kill him. That and torture him. And he could not do that here, and certainly not at the village where people were. 

Folly also suddenly noticed… someone was watching him. He wasn’t sure if he should continue his attempt at killing Draco while he was being watched. So he decided not to in case they would intervene.

“You got lucky, Broshi!” Folly then yelled down to Draco. “I’ll kill you next time, without your comrades there to help you!”

“Then I’ll just beat you by myself!” Draco yelled at him. “AND MY NAME IS DRACO!”

Folly grinned. “We’ll see, Broshi! We’ll see!” Then he flew off.

Seeing this, Kaze and Saturo slowed down, catching their breaths. 

“*Huff* *Huff* He’s gone…” Kaze said, holding onto his knees.

“Yeah… looks like it,” Draco said as his irises returned to normal. He also was feeling the effects of the battle now, wincing a lot due to the stab wounds that had pierced his shirt, hands and feet. His shirt was covered in red stained holes and his shoes each had a hole in the top.

“Well, the good thing is that none of the spikes seemed to go past the muscles or break any bones,” Draco said as he winced at the pain as the three of them started walking slowly.

Saturo came in and supported Draco, letting his arm rest around Saturo’s shoulder. 

“You don’t look okay, you know that?” Saturo informed Draco. “We need to get you to a doctor!”

“Well we can check the village to see if they can help with fixing what the bandages are delaying,” Draco said, still wincing at the pain. “Or if we’re lucky, maybe they have healing crystals or just healing Ultimates in general there.”

“We’ll find out, as we’ve arrived,” Kaze then said.

The three of them looked up and saw that there was a small glowing village in front of them. There were only about eleven houses there. 

Kaze entered the village first, with Saturo and Draco right behind. They walked through and saw that not a lot of people were outside. It was practically empty.

“Oh my!” An old woman then spotted them. She was sitting down on a chair in the front porch of her house. “What happened to you kids?!”

“Hey miss! We need a doctor or a healer! We’re injured,” Kaze said.

“We got attacked by someone who was really strong and had stabbing weapons,” Draco explained, wincing.

The old lady got up and quickly went into her house. Saturo looked over at Kaze and Draco.

“Is she getting something?” Saturo questioned.

“I dunno, let’s just wait to see what she does,” Draco said.

After a few moments, the old lady returned with a bottle. As she walked down the stairs to get closer to the three of them, they saw that the bottle had red liquid inside. 

“Here, drink some of this.” The old lady handed them the bottle. “It’ll close your wounds.” 

“Thanks.” Kaze took a sip, and the stab wound in his liver closed all on its own. Kaze was surprised and impressed at the same time. Kaze then handed the bottle to Draco. 

He looked at how much Kaze had drunk and instead of drinking it right there, he handed it to Saturo first.

“You got hit pretty hard in the back, you should make sure it’s okay first,” Draco said to him.

Saturo nodded and took a sip. Then he handed the bottle back to Draco.

Draco then took a medium sized gulp of the liquid and his wounds on his hands, feet and torso all closed up. Most of the bruises on him went away as well. Though there was still a scratch or two. But he felt a lot better and wasn’t in pain anymore.

He then handed the bottle back to the old lady. “Thank you ma’am,” Draco said with another polite bow like with Camile and the recruitment building man.

“You’re very welcome. You might want to get cleaned up too,” The old lady replied as she took the bottle back.

“That is a good idea,” Draco said as he poked his hand through his shirt holes.

“You can do that inside. Come on now.” The old lady motioned for them to enter her house.

The three of them exchanged looks with each other.

“Alright.” They then decided they might as well get cleaned up. 

?

“Aw man!” Kaze complained. He held his sweatshirt and looked down at the bloody hole that was in it. 

“Yeah, I guess I’m gonna have to lend you a shirt Kaze. We’d want to be presentable when we see Glare,” Draco said to him. He had taken off and thrown away his hole riddled shirt and the bandages he had on and had pulled out a clean blue shirt as well as another white shirt and tossed it to Kaze. As Kaze caught the shirt, Draco put on his own blue shirt as well as checking on Fireball and feeding him.

“Thanks.” Kaze put on the shirt over his wet hair. They had all taken showers.

“Are you boys okay now?” The old lady then entered the room.

“Yeah. We can go now,” Kaze replied, as Saturo and Draco nodded. “In fact, we came here looking for someone named Glare Relnitron. Do you know where he is?” 

“Oh! You’re looking for Mr. Relnitron? Just go out the door and take a left and keep walking.” 

“Okay, thank you very much!” Kaze said with a smile. 

The three of them then left the old lady’s house with all of their belongings. They took a left and walked over to where Glare’s house was. 

As they left the small village, they saw a lonely house up ahead. The house was isolated from the other houses. Kaze wondered why. 

“We’re getting near. Are you ready guys?” Kaze asked, turning and looking at Saturo and Draco.

“As ready as I could be,” Draco said.

“I’m a little nervous but yes, I’m ready!” Saturo smiled. 

Kaze smiled back at his friend before turning back towards the house. They then made it to the house. The front porch was glowing, as everything was, and it had a swing on it as well. But it was empty. It seemed that no one was there. 

“Should we knock on the door?” Saturo asked.

“Dunno. We could try it,” Draco said. 

“Don’t.” A sudden voice said. 

The three of them turned and looked over at the source of the voice. There was a light skinned girl standing next to the door, leaning on the wall. She had caramel hair and blue eyes, and was dressed in a red-orange long sleeve shirt and a black skirt along with black leggings. She also had black shoes on.

The porch had been empty, but the girl had just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Kaze and Saturo were surprised. 

“Don’t what?” Saturo then asked once he realized that it was this girl that had spoken.

“Don’t knock.” The girl simply repeated, her arms crossed as she leaned against the glowing wall.

“Oh. Okay… why?” Draco asked.

The girl just looked at Draco like he was stupid. “Why are you even here?” 

This response gave Draco a less than excited look. Like he had a feeling this girl didn’t want them there.

“You didn’t answer my question,” The girl said.

“We came here to find a master,” Draco told her.

“A master?” The girl looked like she didn’t expect that response. “Then you should leave. You won’t be finding a master here.”

Kaze and Saturo opened their mouths. They came all this way to find a master, got attacked on the way, only for this girl to tell them to leave?!

“And why not?” Draco asked, a bit of a suspicious look on his face.

“Uh, cuz you’re newbies,” the girl replied, raising her eyebrows as she did.

Draco looked at Saturo and Kaze to see if they had anything to say. 

“W-what does us being newbies have anything to do with it?!” Kaze then said. He was pretty upset and annoyed. And Saturo was confused.

“It has to do everything with it. How do you expect to survive the training?” The girl retorted. 

“How do you know that?!” Kaze yelled. 

“You barely survived getting here,” the girl said calmly. “So you won’t be able to survive the training.”

This just made Draco mad. But he stayed quiet.

“So if anything, you should all leave right now,” the girl said. “Move your butts. Shoo.” She motioned for them to leave with her right hand.

But then the front door suddenly opened. A man dressed in a golden glowing robe came out. He had black hair and brown eyes, as well as light skin. He looked over at the girl for a moment, and then at Kaze, Saturo, and Draco. 

“What have we here?” The man then asked.

“Just kids attempting a ding dong ditch,” the girl said casually.

“What?! No, we weren’t gonna do that!” Kaze protested angrily. 

The man looked over at them suspiciously. “Then what were you trying to do? Why did you come here?”

“We came looking for a master!” Draco exclaimed.

The man’s eyes lit up. “A master? Ah, you’re looking for Glare Relnitron, correct?”

“Yeah!” Kaze said, and Saturo nodded.

“Well that would be me,” the man said with a smile. The girl didn’t look very happy. Glare noticed this. “What’s wrong, Emiliya?”

“Nothing,” Emiliya replied, crossing her arms and looking away.

“She wasn’t exactly keen on us trying to get taught by you, it seemed,” Draco said before looking to Kaze and Saturo. “Right guys?”

Kaze and Saturo nodded. “Yeah!”

“I see.” Glare nodded his head and then looked at Emiliya, like he wanted an explanation from her.

“They’re newbies. They have no experience,” Emiliya replied. 

“Hmm…” Glare looked back at them. He inspected them carefully, one by one. His eyes then lit up. “Oh, but they have potential!”

Emiliya sort’ve laughed but covered her mouth. Kaze looked annoyed at Emiliya’s behavior. 

“I mean, the three of us did alright against that Folly person, none of us died. And we impressed him once or twice,” Draco commented to Saturo and Kaze. “Didn’t we?”

“None of that was impressive!” Emiliya laughed. She couldn’t hold it in any longer and let her laughter out. 

By this point, all three of them seemed pretty annoyed by her rudeness.

“Emiliya! Be nice, they’re beginners!” Glare said to her. 

“Oh fine.” She rolled her eyes. 

Glare then looked back at them. “As I said, you have potential. But I don’t accept just anyone as students. You’ll have to take an entrance exam. Are you okay with that?”

“I am!” Draco exclaimed with drive and excitement. This made Glare smile a bit.

“So are we!” Saturo added. 

“Very well. Wait out here as I get them ready,” Glare said with a smile. Then he went back into his house, leaving Emiliya alone with them.

“Oh you’re gonna fail so miserably!” Emiliya continued to laugh.

“Let’s just ignore her,” Draco said to Kaze and Saturo. “We can do this, I can feel it! We just need to have faith in ourselves and our Crystals!”

“Right!” Saturo nodded. 

“You think faith has anything to do with this?” Emiliya laughed. Kaze glared at her. He found it hard to ignore her. 

“It’s better to believe in yourself and try harder than to just know your abilities and not push yourself,” Draco commented. “Even if we aren’t strong enough for this, we can walk away with more experience and knowing that we tried.”

“Yep, you’re right.” Emiliya nodded in agreement. “At least you got that part down.”

“We will pass this test!” Kaze said. “You’ll see! And then we will be the ones laughing!” 

“Oh please.” Emiliya waved her hand at them. “It’s not likely that you’ll pass. You hardly can use your powers.”

“Oho, but you’ll see! I have figured some of my powers out already!” Kaze said with a grin. 

Emiliya smiled at him. “Then show me. Pass the test.”

“I will! I promise you that!” Kaze grinned. “We all will!” 

“And when we do, you’ll see just how much potential we have!” Draco added.

“Good! Then good luck to you all, I’ll be watching.” She smiled one last time before she disappeared, leaving yellow sparkly particle effects behind.

A/N: To be continued in the next chapter...
Hope you enjoyed!

I see that Kaze, Saturo, and

I see that Kaze, Saturo, and Draco were able to beat Folly. I wonder why Folly keeps calling Draco “Broshi” and what he did to him. Maybe Draco knows something about it but isn’t telling Kaze, Saturo, and Draco? Unlikely, but I don’t know. I’m interested in seeing how the test and training goes for them!

Nice job!!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by oof.alem.oof on Fri, 09/13/2019 - 08:26
Yes, keep wondering until it

Yes, keep wondering until it gets revealed XD

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster)> Read my books!!!! :D

"Always two there are, no more, no less." -Grand Master Yoda

Posted by QuartzMaster on Fri, 09/13/2019 - 08:52
Ok, I'm kinda confused. Ima

Ok, I'm kinda confused. Ima be honest, I didn't read every chapter so that's probably why I'm confused XD. I noticed that Draco keeps being called Broshi. So what happened to Broshi and Pyrina? Again I should probably read the previous chapters but I'm a little confused. So is Draco Broshi? Or is Broshi no more?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you walk down the fairway of life, smell the roses. You only get to play one round. -Ben Hogan

Writers live twice. -NG

Posted by Ava on Fri, 09/13/2019 - 20:18
Nah, this is the rewrite!

Nah, this is the rewrite! Pyrina was in the first book of the 4th series, this one is back to series one. So you have to start from the very begining to understand, since you're confused on the timeline.

<(QuartzMaster)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by QuartzMaster on Sat, 09/14/2019 - 01:53
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH! Now I

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH! Now I understand!! Yeah I didn't pay attention to that. I was like, 'oh this looks interesting,' then I was like, 'whaaaaa....?' But I get it now.

Writers live twice. -NG

Posted by Ava on Sun, 09/22/2019 - 16:56