/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 1: The Adventure Begins: (Chapter 14) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 1: The Adventure Begins: (Chapter 14)

Posted September 20th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

A/N: Here's the next chapter! Just an FYI, the first book, which is this, is relitively short. Only has 15 chapters. 

A large blue laser erupted from the robot’s eye, advancing towards Kaze, Saturo, and Draco. The three of them all jumped to the side, avoiding the laser. 

“Yo, how are we gonna fight this thing?!” Kaze then exclaimed, on guard in case the robot made any sudden movements. 

“By using our powers!” Saturo was smiling as he directed the electricity that was surrounding his body at the robot. 

The electricity hit the robot in its torso, but didn’t do much damage. The robot raised its foot to step on Saturo. 

“Saturo, look out!” Kaze suddenly shouted. He raised his hand and pushed Saturo aside with his control of the air. The robot’s foot slammed into the ground, but missed Saturo thanks to Kaze.

As that happened, Draco propelled himself through the air using the detonations of energy spheres in his hands, moving himself around the robot in a way that got its attention. It attempted to hit him, but he propelled himself upwards to dodge it.

Kaze noticed Draco’s movements. “Yo, Draco is doing something!” 

The robot attempted to hit Draco over and over again, punches and kicks, but missed each time.

“Kaze! When it goes for another kick, I need you to use wind to make it get off balance!” Draco yelled to him as he kept dodging around and distracting the robot. “And Saturo! Try to charge up as much electricity as you can!”

Kaze nodded, but Saturo was confused.

“I don’t know how to charge up electricity!” Saturo exclaimed.

“I’m sure it’s not too hard, ask your crystal! Or maybe just try thinking of building static or something!” Draco said to him as he kept dodging the robot’s blows.

Saturo then focused, trying to charge up electricity. He remembered how it came to him earlier… he was stressed and was panicking, and it sort of just happened. 

Meanwhile, Kaze was waiting for the robot to raise its leg.

He noticed that the robot was slowly starting to get closer to hitting Draco with each attempted attack. Draco must’ve either started to get tired, or the robot was getting used to his strategy. They needed to hurry somehow.

The robot then suddenly was about to hit Draco. Draco’s eyes were wide open as he saw the attack coming. 

Luckily, Kaze stopped the attack by making the air flow against the robot’s fist, preventing it from hitting Draco.

“Thanks Kaze!” Draco said as he then moved himself out of the way. “How are you doing there Saturo? We need to hurry or else this strategy won’t work!”

Saturo was surrounded in static electricity, and he looked really focused. He was so focused that he didn’t even hear Draco.

“I think he’s doing fine,” Kaze said to Draco. “What’s your strategy?”

“Basically, I’m distracting it up close so it doesn’t laser blast you two. While I’m doing that, you are waiting for when Saturo has charged up as much electricity as he can. And you are on standby for when he does and the robot attempts a kick, so you can send it off balance with wind, then, I’ll make myself go fast enough with the boost of my glowing irises to knock it over onto its back, then before it can get up, Saturo is going to discharge as much electricity as he can at it to short circuit or disarm it!” Draco explained, rather quickly.

“Oh!” But Kaze was able to understand the strategy. He looked over at the robot, waiting for it to raise its leg to go for a kick. 

Then it did, attempting to kick Draco. Kaze focused on the air around the robot’s leg. The robot then stumbled. 

Draco then rapidly detonated energy spheres in his hands, making him accelerate drastically, his irises glowing. He then rammed into the robot, and the force knocked the robot onto its back. 

“Out of the way!” Saturo then exclaimed. 

Kaze and Draco quickly distanced themselves from the robot. The amount of electricity surrounding Saturo was high. Sparks and lightning bolts were going crazy around him. He had figured out how to do it! 

Saturo then directed his hands, pointing them at the robot. Afterwards, he released the electricity, causing bolts of lightning to charge at the robot in a flash. Saturo was breathing heavily as he watched to see what happened. 

Kaze and Draco were watching as well. They saw sparks of electricity all over the robot for a few moments, until finally, the robot’s mono eye stopped glowing. 

They had beaten it. 

“Dang, Saturo!” Kaze then exclaimed. “That was lit!”

Saturo smiled as he looked over at Kaze. He was still breathing pretty hard. 

Draco simply smiled next to them.

“Well done!” They then heard Glare’s voice. One of the walls of the arena shifted, revealing Glare. He walked out with a smile, and the walls shifted back into their original state. “You’ve successfully passed the nerfed entrance exam!”

“HA! YES!” Kaze exclaimed, making a fist. He was quite happy that he passed, since he could laugh in Emiliya’s face now.

“I told you that we’d all be able to do it!” Draco said to the two of them.

“Where’s Emi at?! I need to laugh in her face!” Kaze said.

“She’s getting your rooms ready,” Glare replied. 

“Rooms? We get rooms?” Saturo questioned.

“Didn’t I tell you that?” Draco asked him.

“You did? I don’t remember…” Saturo rubbed his chin.

“Well, regardless, you three all get your own rooms!” Glare said. “After I tell you your results, I’ll give you a small tour of the house.”

“How’d I do?” Kaze asked with a smile. 

“You did well at the first room. You learned to gain control of your powers,” Glare answered. “But compared to other wind users… you have a lot to work on.” 

“Oh.” Kaze felt a little down. He thought he did really good, but in reality, he… he was still a newbie. 

“Despite that, you were able to use wind quite effectively for someone who’s never used powers before,” Glare commented with a smile. “And for someone who freaks out quite a bit, your control of the wind is… efficient.”

That made Kaze feel a little better. 

Glare then turned to Draco. “Draco… you did quite well. You did just as I expected for the first room. For the second room… you should work on your speed,” Glare said.

“Yeah…” Draco said with a nod. “I’ll work on that.”

“And for the last room… you came up with a simple yet working strategy pretty quickly,” Glare added. “And you showed some leadership skills.”

“Thanks.” Draco did a polite bow again.

Glare smiled. He then looked over at Saturo. 

“You did an excellent job,” Glare said with a smile. “I did not expect you to do what you did. You impressed me and used electricity quite effectively. Well done, Saturo!” 

Saturo beamed. 

“Nice job, Saturo!” Draco raised his hand at him for a high five.

“Heh!” Saturo high-fived him.

Glare smiled. “Overall, you all passed! Some of you exceeded my expectations… but you all did well.” 

The three of them smiled at their new master. 

“Now, ready for a tour of your new home?” Glare asked.

“Yeah!” The three of them exclaimed.

?

Glare opened the door of his house. He walked in, followed by Kaze, Saturo, and Draco. As they entered the house, they gazed around at the living room. 

It was exactly what Kaze and Saturo were used to. There was a couch, a coffee table, and a television. Only difference was it was glowing. 

“This is the living room. You could just hang out or watch TV here,” Glare told them. 

“Nice,” Kaze commented. He wondered what TV shows Glare had. He wondered what it was like in general, since he was on a different planet! 

“The kitchen is to the right when you enter the hallway.” Glare pointed at the hallway in front of them. “One of your rooms will be across from there.” 

“I call dibs!” Saturo exclaimed, running up to the room.

“Aw darn. I wanted to be near the kitchen,” Draco said as his stomach rumbled.

“I think the reason for that is the same for Saturo,” Kaze commented with a grin. Meanwhile, Saturo had disappeared into the room.

Glare chuckled a bit. “You could take the room next to Saturo’s, Draco.” He pointed at the door next to the door that Saturo had entered.

“Accepted,” Draco said as his stomach growled loudly. He then walked over to the room and looked inside. There was a bed, some drawers, and a mirror. 

But Draco spotted something on one of the drawers. His eyes widened as he saw it. It was a dagger. 

“Uhhhhhh Glare? Why is there a dagger in this room?” Draco asked.

Glare looked over at Draco before looking into the room. 

“Oh, Emiliya must’ve forgotten to grab that,” he said. “This room used to belong to Gagger, an old student of mine.” 

“Oh. Wonder why they needed this,” Draco said as Glare took the dagger.

“He often fiddles with sharp objects.” Glare looked down at the dagger as he exited the room. “Or he trains his resistance to sharp objects with it.”

“Uhhh okay.” Draco imagined this Gagger person stabbing or slicing themselves with this dagger to somehow make their resistance stronger. He found it odd. And unsettling.

“So where’s my room?” Kaze then asked. 

“Right across from Draco’s,” Glare said. 

Kaze walked into the room. He then found Emiliya there, stuffing things into a bag. 

“Oh hey!” Kaze greeted her. “What’re you doing in my new room?” 

Emiliya looked over at him with an expressionless look on her face. She then stuffed what seemed to be a deck of cards into the bag. 

“Well done keeping your promise, newbie.” She then walked past Kaze and entered the room next to Draco’s, to the right. Saturo had the room to the left while Draco had the one in the middle. And Emiliya had the one to the left. 

And Kaze had the one across from Draco. 

“Uhh okay.” Kaze just shrugged it off. 

“This was Tenker’s room. He was also another one of my students,” Glare commented. 

“Really? Where’d they go?” Kaze questioned.

“They left to learn skills that I couldn’t teach them,” Glare answered. 

“Oh.”

Kaze looked back at his glowing room. 

“Well, I’m going to run some errands. If you’re hungry, there’s food in the kitchen. And if you have any questions or want anything, ask Emiliya,” Glare then said. 

“Alright,” Draco said.

Glare then smiled at them one last time before he walked down the hallway and left the house.

A/N: To be continued in the next chapter, the last chapter...