/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 2: The First Mission: (Epilogue) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 2: The First Mission: (Epilogue)

Posted December 30th, 2019 by QuartzMaster

A/N: Aight, Book 2 is done. Here's an epilogue....

Epilogue

A man dressed in black robes entered a massive murky cave in an overcast forest. Beyond the murky cave lay a small, filthy room. It was covered in bat droppings, broken stone, and dirt.

The man summoned an orb of fire in his hands, which emitted light, allowing him to see the interior of this cave. As he walked around the cave, he could see drawings and symbols on the walls, decayed and absorbed by time itself.

Further ahead, the man saw three paths. He stopped and scanned around for energy sources.

“The artifact is in the middle.” The man thought to himself. 

He proceeded to take the middle path. The path’s twisted trail lead passed collapsed rooms and pillaged treasuries, and soon the man entered a clammy area. There was machinery all over the place, probably part of a workshop of some sort. What happened in this place? The man did not care. He was only interested in obtaining the artifact.

The man treaded onwards, deeper into the cave’s mysteries. He passed a few more passages, ignoring all as he headed towards the energy source. 

Eventually, the man made it to what was likely the final room. An ominous wooden door blocked his path. Various odd symbols were all over it, somehow untouched by time and the elements. The man stepped closer but didn’t bother inspecting it. He knocked the door down. 

Beyond the door was exactly what the man was seeking. He could see a small dagger, laying there on the ground. To a normal person, it would appear to be useless. But this man could feel the energy and power that this dagger was emitting.

It was the artifact he was looking for. 

The man stuck his hand out at the dagger, and it flew into his hands. He inspected it. There were lightning symbols on the handle. 

“That’s four out of ten,” the man told himself. “The next one’s with Glare…”

He then started his way to the exit of the cave, grinning as he held the dagger in his hands. 

A/N: To be continued in Book 3....