/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 3: The Artifacts of Electricity: (Chapter 11) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 3: The Artifacts of Electricity: (Chapter 11)

Posted June 23rd, 2021 by QuartzMaster

by UltimateOsaid

Here is the next chapter!

Emiliya stood outside, looking up at the sky, waiting for a spaceship to appear. Glare had called her and informed her of Dakure’s arrival, so she was expecting him. 

“Just what exactly happened?” Emiliya wondered to herself. “Electric Artifacts? I didn’t know Glare kept them… I thought he was just holding onto them until he could contact Elec and return them to him.” 

Thinking to herself passed some time, and a dark spaceship appeared in her view. Emiliya quickly hid her energy and hid inside Glare’s house, looking out the window at the dark spaceship which landed right in the front yard. 

Emiliya recognized that dark spaceship. It was modeled like a battleship, as it was equipped with multiple blasters and weapons. It wouldn’t end well if that ship used its weapons on the house. 

Luckily, the spaceship didn’t move after it was parked. Emiliya watched closely as the spaceship door opened. 

“It really is him,” Emiliya thought to herself, as she saw Dakure walk out of the spaceship. 

But then she saw who came out behind Dakure… Gagger and Tenker. 

“Wait… what are they doing here?!” Emiliya thought to herself. “Why are they with Dakure?!” 

Thoughts flooded Emiliya’s mind as Dakure, Gagger, and Tenker approached the front door of the house. 

“Where’s his lab?” Dakure asked Gagger and Tenker, remaining outside on the front porch.

“It’s below the house,” Tenker answered. “That’s why all the other houses in this village are far from here.”

“Yeah. Glare’s house is isolated because of the experiments he does in the lab. Could be dangerous at times,” Gagger added. 

Dakure nodded as he looked through the window. Emiliya quickly hid, and luckily, Dakure didn’t notice her. 

“How do we get into his lab? And where is he hiding the artifacts?” Dakure questioned. 

Gagger shrugged. “I don’t got a single clue where he hid them, but getting to the lab I do know. Follow me.” 

Gagger then opened up the front door, and Emiliya jumped up to the ceiling, clinging onto it and hiding her energy as she looked down at the trespassers. She created a reflective barrier to hide herself just in case they looked up.

“Unless Glare changed it, it should be here…” Gagger walked up to a painting that was hanging on the wall in the living room, beside the television. He reached forward and removed the painting. “Oh. He must have changed it then.” He cursed under his breath.

Tenker then walked down the hallway, passing by all the bedrooms. He reached the end of the hall, where there was a door. 

It was Glare’s room. 

“Here?” Dakure asked, as he and Gagger followed Tenker. 

Emiliya watched them from the ceiling, remaining hidden. She knew where the entrance to the lab was… It was in Glare’s room, through his closet. 

“Does Tenker know?” She wondered. Considering that he was leading them into Glare’s room, Emiliya was sure he knew. She had to stop them somehow. 

Tenker opened the door to Glare’s room and walked in, Gagger and Dakure right behind him. They scanned Glare’s room. It was just like any other bedroom, only it was glowing. 

“Search his room,” Dakure commanded.

“There is no need,” Tenker said. His eyes were focused on Glare’s closet, as he scrutinized it. “This is it.” 

Dakure gazed over at the closet. “This is what?” With a wave of his hand, he opened the closet, revealing nothing but clothes. 

“I don’t see anything, Tenker. What’re you getting at?” Gagger asked. 

“Well it’s not going to be in clear sight, of course.” Tenker walked into the closet and pushed some hung clothes aside, revealing a pin pad of some sort. 

Dakure grinned. “Nice job, Tenker. You got us somewhere. Quickly now, get us down there. Glare will be coming soon and we have no time to waste.” 

“There’s no way they’d know the pin though,” Emiliya thought to herself, from the ceiling in Glare’s room. She was still hidden so they didn’t notice her. 

She watched as Tenker put in a number. 

She was shocked when it had worked, and the wall in front of Tenker opened up, revealing an elevator. “What!? How’d he know the code!?” 

Shaking her head, she teleported down into Glare’s lab, right in front of the elevator. She decided she was going to make her move once they made it down into the lab, and since the lab was much more durable than the house, it’d be better to handle it down there. 

As Emiliya waited for the three imposters to make it down into the lab, she mentally prepared herself for a battle. 

Then the elevator doors opened, and the three interlopers walked out. They saw Emiliya right away since she wasn’t hiding anymore. Emiliya just looked back at them, remaining calm. 

“Oh hey Emi.” Gagger then waved casually, as if he hadn’t been planning to do anything. “Know where the Electric Artifacts are?”

Emiliya shook her head. “No, I do not. You?” 

“We’re lookin’ for them,” Gagger replied. 

“Indeed, we are.” Dakure nodded. 

Emiliya thought about what to do. She could try to keep them distracted with conversation until Glare got there, or she could fight. 

“Fighting wouldn’t be a good idea… there’s three of them, and only one of me,” Emiliya thought to herself. She let out a breath.

“I can’t let you guys find the artifacts,” Emiliya then said. “As far as I know, they’re not even here.” 

“Oh they are,” Dakure said. “They must be hidden in some sort of vault that hides energy, since I can’t sense them. But they’re definitely here.”

Emiliya knew that was the case, but didn’t say anything. She didn’t want to confirm it for him. 

“I don’t remember where the vault is,” Gagger commented. “Mind helping us out, Emi?”

Emiliya shook her head. “Why are you after the artifacts?”

“To obtain infinite energy.” Dakure grinned. 

“By stealing it from a legendary creature,” Tenker added. “The Electric Chimæra.”

“Chimæra…” Emiliya blinked a few times. “The legendary shapeshifting creature?!”

“Yes.” Dakure smiled. “I’ll be stealing its power. And then I’ll become overpowered!”

“That’s… that’s insane. You’re insane,” Emiliya said. She knew Dakure had to be stopped. “Elec will stop you. You can’t achieve such a goal.”

“Oh but I can. You’ll see,” Dakure replied. “Now, I’ve wasted enough time.”

Emiliya then noticed that Gagger and Tenker had disappeared. “Great. They probably also know where the vault is.” 

“Luckily for me, Gagger and Tenker know the lab well. So I’ll find that vault and take those artifacts,” Dakure said. “Oh. And you did well. It was smart of you not to try to stop me.”

Emiliya just nodded. She hadn’t done anything to stop them, because she was outnumbered. And they were pretty powerful so she couldn’t take them all on. It was practically suicide. Especially against Dakure. 

“I found nothin’,” Gagger then commented, standing on top of a tube with some sort of green liquid running inside. 

Dakure looked up at him. “You don’t know where the vault is?”

Gagger shook his head. “Nope. Tenker’ll probably find it though. He’s always been more observant than me.” 

“Gagger is correct,” Tenker then said, standing on a tube on the other side of where Gagger was standing. “I’ve located the vault.”

Dakure smiled. “Well done, Tenker. Take us there immediately.”

Tenker nodded and hopped through the lab, moving past wires, tubes, and all sorts of machinery gracefully like they weren’t obstacles at all. Gagger followed behind him, but Dakure didn’t follow promptly. 

Instead, he looked over at Emiliya. 

“You’re coming with me,” he told her. “I won’t be letting you move around freely. You’d probably try and lock me down here with one of Glare’s traps.”

“Well there goes that plan,” Emiliya thought to herself. “Alright. I’ll come.”

“Good choice.” Dakure smiled. He then walked through the laboratory, towards where Tenker and Gagger had gone. Emiliya followed closely behind him. She was playing along, so that Dakure wouldn’t try to hurt her.

Eventually, they made it to a corner in the lab, where it seemed like there was nothing there. Tenker and Gagger were standing there, looking at the corner.

“So it’s here?” Dakure questioned as he and Emiliya walked up. 

Tenker nodded. “Yes. The vault is hidden here somewhere.” 

“Do not bother trying to get in.” Glare’s voice suddenly spoke as he appeared behind them. “The security is advanced.”

Dakure chuckled as he turned around to face Glare. “Took you awhile to get here.”

“You came into my lab without permission. Leave immediately,” Glare said genuinely.

“I don’t think I will. Not without the artifacts,” Dakure remarked with an unconcerned shrug. “Hand them over.” 

“I will not,” Glare protested.

Dakure then smiled evilly. “Then how about I make it up to you with a simple trade.” He suddenly grabbed Emiliya, and held a dark blade towards her neck. Emiliya looked pretty scared too. “Your student’s life in exchange for the artifacts. Seems fair to me.”

Dakure smiled slyly at Glare. 

“You wouldn’t…” Glare growled angrily.

Dakure laughed. “Oh but I would. Now, the artifacts please. Unless you want to see your student bleed to death in your own lab. It would be painful to clean up too, wouldn’t it?”

Glare clenched his fists, gritting his teeth a bit. 

Dakure just smirked. “Well? I’m waiting. Give me the two artifacts that you have. Open up your vault.” 

Glare hesitated. He couldn’t let Emiliya die, but straight up handing the artifacts to Dakure… then Dakure would be a step closer to his goal. Glare wouldn’t be able to stop him as easily. He would have to search for the other artifacts and get them before Dakure could. 

“You know me very well. I am a man of my word,” Dakure said. “If you do give me the artifacts, I will let your student live.”

Glare nodded. He knew what he had to do. 

“Very well. I’ll give you the artifacts,” he said. He raised his hand, which emitted a glow, before a ring and a helmet appeared floating in front of him. Both of those items had lightning symbols on them, and emitted some energy.

Dakure was pleased. “Thank you for your cooperation.” 

Gagger and Tenker suddenly jumped forward and snatched the two artifacts, before they jumped back and landed behind Dakure. 

Then, Dakure let go of Emiliya. “Like I said I would, I’ll spare her life.” He grinned as he then waved at Glare. “Goodbye, Glare. I will be getting that infinite energy!” 

He, Gagger, and Tenker then disappeared, having teleported away. 

“They got away. With the artifacts…” Emiliya then said, shaking her head. “I shouldn’t have been there. He used me to get what he wanted.”

“Don’t worry,” Glare assured her, patting her shoulder. “He only has six. There are still four more out there.”

“Are you going to search for them?” Emiliya questioned.

Glare nodded. “I have to find them before he does.”

“How’ll you do that? Do you know where they are?”

“No. But I can find out.” Glare stood tall and walked over to the middle of the lab, where there was a giant computer. “I have ways.”

?

When Kaze and Saturo returned to Stare’s cottage, it was already night time. They looked around for Draco, Uchiho, Encounter, and Mehrunes, and found Mehrunes and Encounter sitting by a tree. But Draco and Uchiho weren’t in sight.

“Hey.” Kaze and Saturo walked up to Mehrunes and Encounter.

“Mm,” Mehrunes simply replied.

“Hi guys!” Encounter said, a little less callous than Mehrunes.

“Sup.” Kaze nodded at Encounter. “You guys just chilling out here? Where are Draco and Uchiho?”

“Inside,” Mehrunes said.

“Oh. Sleeping?”

“Dunno. It’s not my day to watch them.”

“Whose day is it then?”

“If I had to guess, I really just don’t care,” Mehrunes replied. “But if you want it to be your day, you can stop asking stupid questions that I know nothing about. Where else would they be? Why wouldn’t they be sleeping, maybe? There’s a lot!”

Kaze just shrugged. “Yeah.”

Kaze and Saturo kinda stood there in silence for a few moments, as Mehrunes and Encounter just sat there. Encounter then coughed awkwardly.

“So uhh… I managed to convince Mehrunes that helping you achieve ‘not newbie’ status would be advantageous to him,” Encounter said. “Y’know. If you WANT help from him…”

Kaze blinked a few times. “I would, if he was capable of helping me.”

“Maybe…” Saturo then said. “Maybe take some advice or something from him. Since he was involved in a war.” He looked at Mehrunes. “You were in a war, right?”

“Yeah. Essentially all parts of it,” Mehrunes replied with a nod. “I don’t know what you’d want as far as advice, though.”

Kaze scratched his chin. “Can you help me find the artifacts?” He then asked. 

“Encounter mentioned that to me. Electric something staff right?” Mehrunes smirked. “Yeah, I can help.”

“You can?” Kaze raised his eyebrows. He didn’t expect that response. “…How? They’re… spread out across the galaxy, I’m pretty sure. Finding them would be like, impossible.”

“Mehrunes is a mysterious guy…” Encounter said, before turning to Mehrunes. “What have you got up your sleeve this time?”
“It’s a book,” Mehrunes replied, a rather nondescript blank book appearing in his lap. “It’s my new favorite thing as of recent.”

All three of them gathered around Mehrunes, gazing down at the book.

“Does it contain information on the Electric Artifacts?” Saturo questioned.

Mehrunes opened the book up casually, and it was completely blank.

“Not quite,” Mehrunes retorted.

“It’s blank,” Kaze said, noticing that there was not a single letter on the pages in the book. 

“For the moment, yes. It is rather blank,” Mehrunes replied to Kaze, before looking at the book. “Hello again. Know anything about some ‘Electric Artifacts?’”

Mehrunes was talking to the book.

“Did you just talk to the book?” Saturo questioned, raising an eyebrow. Then he, Kaze, and Encounter noticed words appearing on the page.

Yes, I do. The Electric Artifacts belong to the Master of Electricity, Elec. They used to belong to the previous Master of Electricity, but they’re passed down to the next when the owner is succeeded by their student. The current owner of the Artifacts is Elec.

“But apparently he doesn’t have all of them, as someone is hunting them down. We kinda want to find them first so this other guy doesn’t have them. Know where they are?” Mehrunes asked politely. Encounters jaw dropped. Kaze and Saturo were shocked in general and didn’t know how to react. Their minds had been blown. 

Yes. Six of them are with this man, Dakure, but the other four are on different planets. Two are in the Elemental System: the Water Planet and Ertin. The other two are in different systems. One is located on a planet called Planet 1027 CXE, and the other on a planet called Mayit. 

“Thanks,” Mehrunes said, causing Encounter to blink rapidly, confused. Mehrunes then looked back at Kaze. “Anything else you want?”

Kaze just stared at Mehrunes and the book for a few moments, looking back and forth between the two of them. 

“H-how…” He muttered. “This book…”

“It’s fantastic, isn’t it?” Mehrunes asked.

“Very!” Kaze exclaimed. “It just told us all the locations of the artifacts that Dakure hasn’t found!”

“Said I could help. Technically, I did. Even if it was mostly the book.” Mehrunes smirked. “I think it knows everything or something, it’s lovely.”

“It is…” Kaze said. Saturo just sat there silently, taking all of this in. He couldn’t believe what had just happened. “Well, we know where the artifacts are. We should go get them before Dakure does!”

“The book only told us which planets they’re on,” Saturo commented. 

“But then we can just ask it where on the planet it is and find them!” Kaze said, pretty excited. “This is perfect! Now I can finally do something real!”

Mehrunes simply smirked.

“How about it?” Kaze smiled at Mehrunes. “Tomorrow in the morning, we start our search for the artifacts!”

“Sounds like an idea,” Mehrunes replied.

“Great!” Kaze smiled. “Then me and Saturo will go sleep and meet with you in the morning to go find them.”

“Quick question: what’s your plan to GET to the other planets?” Mehrunes asked.

“Oh uh…” Kaze thought to himself. “Eh, I dunno. I’ll figure it out in the morning.” He wanted to go to sleep quickly so that the morning arrives sooner. He was certainly excited.

Mehrunes subtly nodded at Encounter, who noticed, understanding.

“Right. You go ahead and do that, Kaze,” Encounter replied. “I do want to talk to Saturo momentarily though, if that’s alright.”

“Sure, I guess,” Saturo said, before turning to Kaze. “You can go ahead and sleep, since you’re so excited about tomorrow.” 

Kaze just grinned and nodded before turning and heading into Stare’s cottage. That left Saturo outside alone with Mehrunes and Encounter.

“This is a bad idea.” Encounter then shook his head. “But Mehrunes thinks it will do Kaze good to see what something like this is really like. I trust his judgement as someone I know, but I wanted to make sure that you’re okay with it, y’know?”

Saturo smiled and nodded. “Yeah, I think I agree with Mehrunes on that. It may be dangerous but I believe we’ll be just fine, if we work together.”

Mehrunes didn’t comment on what Saturo said. “We’re gonna do some preparation, tendency not to sleep and such. Just to make sure that it’s safe enough that we don’t have to worry, but still dangerous enough to get the point across. I just need you to try and get Draco on board, if you will. You seem convincing enough.”

Saturo nodded. “I’ll talk to him in the morning.” 

Mehrunes nodded. “You can go sleep, too, now, or do whatever.”

“Alright. See you guys tomorrow.” Saturo waved. He then entered Stare’s cottage to get some sleep.

Mehrunes and Encounter then stood up. “Right. We need transportation, as well as insurance and a better gauge for artifact location before tomorrow,” Mehrunes said. “Let’s get started and hope we can get all the magic and technicalities down before dawn.”

Encounter nodded, and the two of them began work on their projects for the night.

To be continued in the nex chapter... 

See more stories by UltimateOsaid
Caught up! I like how this

Caught up!

I like how this version of Kaze, being a weatherboy, is super changeable and moody. I also like how he made up with Mehrunes. This is all super cool! 

Gagger and Tenker seem like coolish kids, I wonder why Glare didn't train them?

Posted by Tía Snow on Thu, 06/24/2021 - 15:24
Ayy, you caught up! That was

Ayy, you caught up! That was really quick, I didn't expect this. I'm glad that it's piqued your interest! 

Good mile,

Quartz 

Posted by QuartzMaster on Thu, 06/24/2021 - 15:46