/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 3: The Artifacts of Electricity: (Chapter 21) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 3: The Artifacts of Electricity: (Chapter 21)

Posted July 8th, 2021 by QuartzMaster

by UltimateOsaid

Here is the next chapter!

Emiliya sat back on the couch in the living room, relaxing as she was watching TV. Fireball was napping beside her peacefully, and Pebbles was watching TV along with her from the coffee table. 

After a few minutes, Fireball stirred a bit, standing up and stretching while arching his back. Shaking his paws individually a few times before rubbing his head against Emiliya’s arm.

“Oh, you woke up.” Emiliya smiled as she gently petted Fireball. “Had a nice nap?” 

Fireball simply let out a little mew as Emiliya scratched his chin. He looked very content. Emiliya smiled as she continued petting him. 

Then she heard her phone ringing. 

“Oh, who could that be?” She reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. Glare was calling her. “Oh, it’s Master Glare.” She answered. 

“Hey Emiliya, I sent Kaze, Saturo, and Draco back home. They got themselves involved when they weren’t supposed to, keep an eye on them and don’t let them leave the house,” Glare said quickly. 

“Woah what?” Emiliya didn’t catch all of that. 

“I’m in a hurry, I’m going over to Stare. Just keep an eye on those three when they return.” Glare then hung up. 

Emiliya blinked a few times before she set her phone on the coffee table. She got up and stretched. 

“Welp, it looks like I have to babysit,” she said to Fireball. “They’ll probably be back in a few minutes.”

Fireball laid back down, not going to sleep. Just waiting it seemed.

Emiliya then walked out of the house, standing on the front porch, looking up at the sky. “Those three got themselves involved with the artifact situation? Phht. They’re newbies, they shouldn’t have.” 

She stood out there for a few minutes, until Glare’s glowing spaceship appeared in the sky. It descended and landed in the front yard, and the side door opened.

A few moments later, Kaze, Saturo, and Draco all walked out, with varying amounts of upsetness and guilt on their faces.

Emiliya watched them with her arms crossed, until they approached the house. “So, you guys got in trouble?” 

Kaze just looked down at the ground silently.

“Yeaaaaaaaah. We got involved and found a few artifacts ourselves, but then we got caught when we went after the third last artifact. Literally everyone was there,” Saturo said, chuckling as he rubbed the back of his head.

“He’s gonna be even more angry when he gets to Stare and they aren’t there,” Draco said, looking concerned.

“Oh yeah… he must think that Uchiho and Encounter are back with Stare on the Rock Planet…” Saturo realized. “Shoot.”

“I hope those two guys who were with Dakure don’t find Vivo’s spaceship and attack them,” Draco said to Saturo. “They were pretty strong.”

“Oh, you mean Gagger and Tenker?” Emiliya questioned. “You ran into them, huh?”

“Yeah, mainly the one with a sword. He’s been showing up a lot,” Draco replied.

“They both have swords, but it’s probably Gagger whose showed up a lot,” Emiliya said. 

“You seem to know them well,” Draco pointed out.

“Yeah, I do.” Emiliya nodded. 

Kaze looked up. “You know them?” 

“Yeeep.” Emiliya smiled. “We were close. We practically grew up together, training under Glare.” 

“Oh! So those rooms we moved into belonged to them!” Draco said. “Well, two of them did.”

“Yep,” Emiliya replied. 

“Wait… Gagger and Tenker used to be Glare’s students? Why are they with Dakure then, helping him?!” Saturo exclaimed.

Emiliya shrugged. “They left because they basically completed all of Glare’s training. They graduated. I would think that they’re trying to learn more techniques and stuff like that from Dakure. But I don’t really know…”

“That makes sense I suppose,” Draco said, “anyway, I guess now we wait until Glare gets back after seeing that Encounter and Uchiho aren’t at Stare’s.”

“Well, Dakure still is out there looking for the artifacts.” Saturo pointed out. “Glare is still probably gonna try to stop him.”

“I hope he pulls it off,” Draco said.

“He probably would have stopped him by now if you didn’t get involved,” Emiliya commented. 

“No, we got two of the artifacts on our own.” Kaze grumbled. “We would have been a big help.”

Draco and Saturo seemed unsure.

“It was just at the end where we got caught. If we didn’t get caught, I would’ve taken the last artifact and gotten out of there,” Kaze said. “But Glare had to… send me back to this boredom.”

“I still don’t get what you find so boring about it.” Draco shrugged.

“It’s not that it’s… boring. More so, I’m not doing anything!” Kaze exclaimed. “I want to be out there, doing something! Doing something real, like stopping Dakure from getting all the artifacts and accomplishing whatever shiz he’s after!”

“You’re not ready for that yet, you’re still a newbie,” Emiliya told him. 

“Beginner in actual rank terms, means basically the same thing though,” Draco commented. “Means we’re at the same rank as those in elementary school.”

“I’m not going to get better if I just stay here!” Kaze said. 

“Uh, yeah you will. It just takes a few steps, because you’re new to this. After a while, you’ll get used to it,” Emiliya told him. “So you gotta take it slowly, if you go out there and try to pick a fight with anyone, you’d get yourself killed. That’s why Glare’s having me watch you, and why he sent you back.”

Kaze grumbled, not because he disagreed, but because he understood. That was the truth, and he knew he couldn’t deny it. 

“Too bad we don’t have a way to tell Mehrunes and tell him to have Vivo get the others away from the whole conflict,” Draco said.

“Yeah…” Saturo agreed. 

Emiliya raised an eyebrow. “Mehrunes? Vivo?”

Draco, Kaze and Saturo looked at each other.

“May as well tell her the whole story,” Draco said to them. “Won’t help our case to hide things.”

“Right.” Saturo nodded. “Basically, we met Mehrunes who crashed from space like Encounter did. Turns out they know each other and are from the same planet. And Vivo was a pilot guy from a guild nearby Stare’s little cottage area.”

“There was also his brother Vulgon and this REALLY big muscular guy with a hammer called Legion,” Draco added.

Emiliya nodded her head slowly.

“So, we all went and paid them to fly us around in their spaceship, after Kaze apparently talked to Mehrunes and Encounter about wanting to find the artifacts,” Draco resumed. “We left while Stare wasn’t there to watch us if you're wondering.”

“And we went to the planets and got the artifacts, using a special book that knows like, everything, which Mehrunes had,” Saturo continued.

“We went to all kinds of planets. There was one that had an alien circus, and we also went into the Water Planet’s ocean,” Draco said. “Mehrunes and Kaze ran into the ringleader of the circus and got one artifact from their back. And we met a Skarn named Lagi and his father Abyss on the Water Planet and got another artifact from him. Lagi tagged along with us when we left the Water planet.” 

“And then we went to planet Miyat, where we were caught. Oh, also Vivofit just straight up crashed right into the templ-” Saturo was continuing, but was then interrupted by a loud noise. 

*CRASH!!!!*

“Yeah like that noise,” Draco said.

“Yeah like- WAIT, WHAT!?” Saturo then exclaimed. All four of them looked over and saw Vivofit’s spaceship right there in Glare’s yard, part of it in the glowing dirt. With some of the glitter sprinkled onto it. 

“Oh hey, there’s his ship,” Draco said. 

“W-what?” Emiliya looked at Draco and then at Vivo’s ship. “He just… crashed…”

“Yeah, he SUCKS at landing,” Draco said as the ships door started to open.

They could hear a jumbled mess of yelling voices from the ship as the door fully opened.

Legion then walked out of the spaceship, holding Lagi under one arm again, who had a bucket of water in his hands.

“Thank the council you didn’t crash into them or the house itself, Vivo,” Legion said as he set Lagi on the ground, where he continued drinking from the bucket of water in his hands. “If you did, Dr. Relintron would’ve turned you into ashes.”

“Yeah, VIVOFIT. THAT WAS RISKY, YOU DOLT!” Vulgon’s voice was heard from inside the ship. 

Mehrunes casually walked out of the ship.

“Eh. Spacing looks fine to me, didn’t hit anything important,” he said.

“You guys found us?” Kaze then asked Mehrunes.

“I mean, they could’ve also just asked Uchi and Encounter where Glare lived. Or just look it up in the book,” Draco pointed out.

“Wasn’t really hard to get here either, minus Vivo’s driving,” Encounter said, as he got out as well, Uchiho following behind him.

“Well… what happened to the artifacts?” Kaze questioned. 

Mehrunes tossed the amulet up in the air and caught it again.

“Survey says we have one,” Mehrunes replied.

“That’s… great!” Kaze exclaimed. “What about the others?”

“I asked the book on the way here, Dakure has the axe and all the other artifacts, and the helmet is with ‘John Ceno,’” Mehrunes said.

“Wait, John?!” Kaze and Saturo exclaimed at the same time.

“Yes,” Mehrunes replied.

“Why does John have it? When did he… why is he… What?!” Kaze and Saturo looked at each other. 

“Maybe he looked through your eyes and learned what you were doing,” Draco said.

“Does it really matter how, so much as it matters that he has it, and is probably being chased by the ‘Dark Musketeers of Stab’?” Mehrunes asked. 

“He probably doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into, we should go to him and tell him!” Kaze exclaimed. This seemed to be a perfect opportunity to get himself back into the artifact situation.

“Well then we’ll have to figure out where he is,” Legion said. “Lagi, Uchiho and Encounter can stay here with the rest of your group, since Glare will want to know where you are and this is too dangerous for Lagi. So the rest of us will try to find him with Mehrunes’ book.”

“Yes, we’ve got no time to waste! Let’s go!” Kaze kicked off the ground and flew into Vivofit’s spaceship. Inside he saw Vivofit and Vulgon in the front. 

“Hold up, who said you were going?” Emiliya suddenly appeared in front of Kaze. 

“Well. She’s fast,” Mehrunes commented, as Kaze looked over at Emiliya in shock. Vivofit and Vulgon exchanged looks with each other, and Vulgon shrugged.

“…I did. I said I was going,” Kaze retorted. 

Emiliya shook her head and gestured ‘no’ with her hand. 

“No, you aren’t.” She then grabbed Kaze by the shirt and dragged him out of the spaceship.

“But I was part of this! It was my idea, and I started it! I have to finish it!” Kaze said, poorly resisting getting dragged.

Legion appeared next to Emi, also looking a bit upset.

“Kaze, if you get involved again, Glare will only get angrier with you,” Legion said.

“I don’t care!” Kaze exclaimed, still struggling. “I’m not gonna sit back and wait for everyone else to actually do something when I could be out there doing stuff too! Heck no I ain’t staying here!”

“You’re a hapless noobie, you know that?” Mehrunes asked, with a little smirk. “What do you think you’re ACTUALLY gonna do other than get a small adrenaline rush off of this?”

“That guy’s right,” Emiliya said, pointing at Mehrunes with her thumb. “The chances of you actually getting stronger out of this is very low. You’ll only put yourself in danger that isn’t even necessary.”

Kaze then stopped resisting. “I won’t be alone, so my power isn’t all that I’m depending on. Things will be fine. You’ll see.” 

“Yeah, things will be fine because you’re being babysat every second of your life without actually doing anything worthwhile,” Encounter suddenly said. “You’re not doing any work and you’re hardly getting stronger as a result of it, meanwhile you refuse to admit that you can’t do anything. Kaze, you’re insane!”

Kaze trembled, sweat dripping down his head. He clenched his fists as the air around him started to thicken. 

“I said, I DON’T CARE!” He suddenly snapped. Emiliya was blown away by the air around him, but she landed a few feet away from him.

“Hehe, there you go,” Mehrunes commented.

“SHUT IT!” Kaze snapped at him angrily. He then pointed at Encounter. “Call me crazy, or insane, whatever bullshiz you wanna call me, I don’t give a frick! I’m going to go! Try and stop me, I’ll just keep trying to go until I eventually do!”

Encounter frowned at him, like he was upset. Meanwhile Mehrunes was smirking, bordering on an actual smile.

“I dunno why you’re yelling at me,” Mehrunes commented. “Kaze, you have commitment, but do you really think, with what you just said, that acting aggressively is really the best way to go about this? Y’know, with other people’s power…”

“That’s exactly why I’m insisting on going!” Kaze exclaimed. “You guys are strong enough to take care of yourselves, and I’m not gonna get anywhere close to that if I don’t actually try it myself!”

“My point being that you’re not making friends if you’re gonna be shouting and using violence. Now, if it works for you, that’s all well and good, but you’re not really in a position to take advantage of that,” Mehrunes replied. 

“Yeah, Kaze, you should calm down a bit…” Saturo said. “We’re not against you, we’re your friends. We just don’t want you putting yourself in danger.” 

“And I already said, I wouldn’t be in danger! I wouldn’t be alone! So frick off with that!” Kaze snapped at him. 

Saturo flinched a bit. 

“Let me make myself clear,” Kaze then said, looking at everyone there. “I’m going, whether you like it or not. Try and stop me, and I WILL find a way to go. I’m not having any of this.”

“I’m supposed to watch you though, and make sure you don’t do anything stupid,” Emiliya started. “So-”

“Oh yeah, you’re gonna come with me,” Kaze said to her. 

“Wh-”

“You said you know Gagger and Tenker, so you’ll be very helpful against them,” Kaze said. “Oh and don’t try to stop me. Just for once, go with me on this. Please.” 

Emiliya tilted her head slightly as she thought about Kaze’s request. 

“He’s such an idiot, but he did seem serious about going, even if I were to stop him. He would just be a pain in the butt…” Emiliya scratched her cheek as she thought. “Alright then… But only because I do have matters to settle with my old peers.”

Kaze clapped his hands together. “That’s good enough for me.” He then turned to Saturo and Draco. “You two can stay if you don’t want to come this time, but I’m going.”

“Pfft, if you're gonna be doing this regardless we may as well go too. Just to make sure you don’t immediately get killed,” Draco said, walking over.

“Yeah, no, we’re the same level, you wouldn’t be any help to not having me killed. That’s what Mehrunes is for,” Kaze said, pointing at Mehrunes. “And also Emi, I hope.”

“I wouldn’t discredit Draco so soon if I were you, Kaze. I can see there’s more to him than most of you can tell,” Legion said, walking past Kaze to get back into the ship.

“That’s what Glare said about all of us. It’s just that we’re newbies,” Kaze replied. “Oh, and Satu, you coming too?”

“Yep.” Saturo nodded, already inside Vivo’s spaceship along with Draco.

“Good, then let’s go.” Kaze entered the spaceship; this time Emiliya didn’t drag him out since she was inside along with everyone else that was going. 

“Ooookay, you done yelling now?” Vulgon looked back at Kaze once he had entered. 

Kaze rolled his eyes. “Yes, I am finished yelling.” He turned to Mehrunes, who had blipped into the spaceship moments ago. “Where’s John currently at?”

“Oh, you going to John Ceno?” Vivofit said. “Mehrunes looked at the book on our way here, so we already know where he is. That’s where you want to go, right?”

“Yeah.” Kaze nodded, as he and everyone else took their seats and fastened up. Vivofit started the engine. 

Meanwhile, Lagi, Encounter, and Uchiho watched Vivo’s spaceship float up above the ground, its thrusters flaring, before it shot off into the sky.

To be continued in the next chapter....

See more stories by UltimateOsaid