/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 3: The Artifacts of Electricity: (Chapter 7) | KidPub Press //
ULTIMATES REWRITE: Book 3: The Artifacts of Electricity: (Chapter 7)

Posted June 12th, 2021 by QuartzMaster

by UltimateOsaid

Here is the next chapter. Honestly, book 3 in this rewrite version of Ultimates is the best. 

“Hey… I think only me, Draco, and Saturo should go back,” Kaze suggested to Encounter, who was basically pouting on top of Jagged. Jagged was flying back to where Stare was, and they were getting pretty close by now. “You, Jagged, and Uchiho can’t hide your energy, so you’d be noticed.”

“Kaze where exactly is this going? We’re just checking to see if Stare is okay… right?” Draco asked.

“Yeah, but they could sense them while we’re doing that,” Kaze said, turning to Draco. “And that could lead to trouble. That’s why I’m suggesting just the three of us go, since we can hide our energy.” 

“Yeah I know, I just want to go over what all you’re intending to do with this plan, because your track record for plans has been spotty at best,” Draco said.

“Well I don’t know what I intend to do. That depends on what we find,” Kaze replied. “Really we’re just checking in on Stare.”

“Alright,” Draco said.

Kaze then looked up at Encounter, who was standing on top of Jagged’s head. “So uh, since we’re getting closer now, I can just float us down there and you and Uchiho can wait here or something.”
“Yeah, sure,” Encounter replied, as Jagged stopped mid-air.

Kaze smiled. “Alright! Satu, Draco, let’s g-” When Kaze looked down, his happy expression changed into a troubled one. The ground was pretty far down. “On second thought, Encounter, please drop us off.”

Encounter smirked for a moment, his mood was not entirely awful, as Jagged lowered itself to the ground rapidly.

“Thank you…” Kaze muttered quietly. Then he walked off Jagged’s ribcage and onto the rocky floor. Saturo and Draco followed after him. “Alright, you guys ready?”

“I guess so,” Saturo replied. “Which way is Stare?” 

Kaze scanned the area in front of him. There were mountains surrounding them, but all were quite far away. 

“Uhh…” Kaze was unsure of which way led to Stare. He hadn’t been paying attention to which direction Jagged had flown in when they had picked all of them up to escape from Dakure. “Uh, Encounter? Do you know which way it is?”

“Jagged flew away… South by Southwest,” Encounter replied, still on Jagged’s head. Uchiho was also still in Jagged’s rib cage, watching.

“And uh, which way is that?” Kaze questioned, looking around confusedly.

Encounter rolled his eyes. “South by Southwest is that way-” Encounter pointed in a direction. “So to get back, you’d want to go the opposite of that.” Encounter pointed in the complete opposite direction.

“Oooh. Okay, thanks!” Kaze then started walking in that direction. Saturo and Draco casually walked along with him. “We’ll see you later then!” 

“Yell if you need us,” Encounter said.

“Alright!”

Kaze, Saturo, and Draco slowly gained distance from Encounter, Jagged, and Uchiho. As the three of them walked, the other three watched them, wondering how things were going to go. 

“I sure hope Stare’s alright,” Uchiho then said.

Encounter remained silent as he watched Kaze, Saturo, and Draco. They had sped up a bit so they were getting further and further, disappearing from view. 

?

A boy stood in a large labyrinth, seemingly alone. After scanning what laid ahead of him, he shrugged and just started walking. With seemingly not a gram of caution. 

Eventually, the boy found himself in a small cave-like room. Inside, he found a pedestal and on it, a book. As the boy walked in, he saw that there were words on the wall, in a language he knew. 

He inspected the writing. 

“‘Here, I bequeath you the Book of Elements,’” the boy read what was written aloud to himself. “What does that even mean.”

He looked down at the book that was laying on the pedestal. Deciding that he wanted to check it out, he picked it up. It was entirely covered in dust, clearly showing that it was old or even ancient. 

“And why did you use ‘bequeath.’ That’s too fancy for an old book.” 

The boy dusted off the cover of the book, revealing that it was just brown and blank. 

“Well, I guess I like reading, anyway. But it’s a little odd- wait why is that written in my language again?” The boy suddenly realized. “…AH! WAIT! I GOT IT! I don’t care.” He wondered to himself aloud. “However, I do care that I got my crystal thing and now I’m here, because that was not easy and this really just was.”

He then decided to open to the first page of the book to see what was in it. 

But once he did, he saw that it was blank. 

He flipped through more and noticed that all of it was empty. “Ah. Sick. An empty book. Why did I get ‘bequeathed’ an empty book? I was hoping the book could tell me why I got a book, but it’s EMPTY.” 

But then the boy noticed something… 

Words started to generate on one of the pages, as if they were speaking to him. The boy looked mildly amused as he read it aloud.

“‘I entrust you with this book. It is the Book of Elements,’” he read. “So does that mean something cool like if I talk to it, it will talk back? Cuz if not, I dunno why you’d need to entrust it to anyone.”

Words then generated once more, right below the first ones.

“‘Yes, you can talk to the book, and it will respond by generating words on its pages. Just like it is currently doing,’” the boy read again. “Well that’s pretty meta. Let me guess, if I ask why you entrusted the book to me, you’re gonna give me some circular, vague, or otherwise non-helpful answer?”

More words appeared.

“‘You are an outsider. That is why,’” the boy read. “So you figure I’m not gonna use, abuse, or know quite what it is or something. Alright, fair enough. I’ll take the dust pan.”

The boy then turned around to head back the way he came from. 

?

“There he is,” Saturo said, pointing. 

He, along with Kaze and Draco, was hiding behind a large rock. Stare’s wooden cottage was around a hundred meters away. 

Stare was also there, standing outside. But he looked quite serious and bothered. Dakure, however, was nowhere in sight. So just in case, Kaze, Saturo, and Draco decided to hide their energy and wait. 

“What is he doing?” Kaze questioned. “And where is Dakure?”

Draco watched Stare closely, trying to figure out what he was doing. He noticed that Stare was looking up at the sky.

Draco then looked up at the sky, to see if there was something there. And there wasn’t. 

“He appears to be looking up at something, but I’m not exactly sure what,” Draco then concluded. “Either it’s so high up that the clouds either block it, or it’s super far up, or it’s invisible or something like that. Can’t be sure since we don’t know how to sense energy yet.” 

“Yeah…” Kaze agreed. 

Subsequently, a golden glowing spaceship appeared in the sky. 

“Wait, that looks like Glare’s ship!” Draco pointed out.

Kaze and Saturo looked up at it. 

“Oh! It does!” Saturo said. 

Glare’s spaceship then landed in front of Stare, and Glare came out of it. Stare nodded at him. They then seemed to be talking, but Draco, Kaze, and Saturo couldn’t really hear what they were saying since they were a hundred meters away.

“We should get closer,” Kaze then said. “I want to hear what they’re saying.”

“Should we?” Draco asked, as Saturo seemed unsure as well. “If anything we should go over to tell them that we’re okay. Rather than know what they may be discussing.” 

“I’m pretty curious to hear what they’re saying…” Kaze said. He then glanced over and saw there were more rocks that they could hide behind up ahead. “Let’s move to that rock.”

Draco looked at Saturo, who just replied with an unsure shrug. 

Kaze then nodded. “Alright, let’s go.” 

He then walked towards a rock that was close, slow at first, but when he realized that Stare and Glare were distracted with each other, he sped up. Draco and Saturo were right behind him. 

Eventually, they made it to the rock, which was about five meters away from the two adults. 

“I still don’t see why you want to hear their conversation so badly. It’s their own business, we should stay out,” Draco whispered.

But Kaze was busy eavesdropping on Glare and Stare, so he didn’t hear Draco. Draco rolled his eyes.

“Do you know how many of the artifacts he’s got?” Kaze heard Glare ask Stare.

Stare shook his head. “No.”

“I suppose I have to deal with him.” Glare sighed. “I can’t let him do what he’s planning.”

Stare nodded. 

“It might take a few days. In the meantime, watch over my students and make sure they keep training,” Glare then said. 

“Will do.” 

Glare nodded and turned. “I’ll see you later, Brother.” Then he sped off into the distance, the opposite direction of where Kaze was watching from. 

Kaze was watching and had saw the direction that Glare had gone in. 

“Let’s follow him!” Kaze then said.

“Uh, I’m not sure that’s a good idea… I think Glare’s going to that Dakure guy,” Saturo said, unassertive.

“Yeah, we shouldn’t follow,” Draco said while shaking his head, his voice much sterner than Saturo’s was.

Kaze was looking over at the direction that Glare had went in. Stare had also disappeared, going back into the cottage. 

“Yeah, he probably is going after that guy…” Kaze said, scratching his chin.

“So then we should go tell Stare we’re alright, go get Encounter and Uchi, and then stay here with Stare,” Draco said, Saturo nodding as he spoke.

“No… that’ll be boring…” Kaze responded. “We should follow Glare but stay hidden and just watch.”

Draco and Saturo simply looked stunned at what Kaze had just said.

“Kaze, that is one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard,” Draco said bluntly.

“Well I’m sick of staying back. I’m literally doing nothing but the same thing day after day, and I’m still a newbie!” Kaze said. “I’m done being a newbie! I want to do something real, something… something a newbie wouldn’t be able to do!”

“Kaze, we do the same thing over and over because we need to improve. Going after Glare isn’t going to prove anything besides that you have no common sense to see that what he’s dealing with is way out of our league,” Draco said.

Kaze growled. “I’m not dealing with it. I’m only going to watch.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that simply being there puts yourself in more danger than is ever necessary!” Draco retorted with a scowl. 

“Well I’m going. You don’t have to come with me since you’re so scared,” Kaze said, rolling his eyes as he turned towards the direction Glare had went in.

Draco silently glared at him. This made Saturo very anxious.

“Uh, guys, you should chill,” Saturo said nervously. 

“Not until Kaze apologizes.” Draco growled.

“Apologize for what? Stating the obvious?” Kaze retorted.

“This coming from the person who can’t think about Emi without their face turning into a tomato,” Draco said angrily.

“But at least I’m not a scaredy cat,” Kaze replied. 

“And yet I’m the only one of the three of us to actually do anything to Encounter,” Draco said.

“Yeah, with your cheat multiplier bull,” Kaze said. “I don’t care if you did anything to him. Now we’re facing a much larger threat and you’re standing back while I’m standing up!”

“So you can just die because you have something you want to prove that won’t even mean anything?!” Draco snapped. “And how dare you accuse me of cheating. Do you know what I had to go through to even maintain Sparking Spirit times three?!”

Kaze then found himself coming back to his senses. He realized what he had said. “I…” He knew Draco was right, that following Glare to Dakure was dangerous and a terrible idea. 

Kaze shook his head. “You don’t understand how I feel. I’m done being a newbie. This is my opportunity to show that I’m no longer a newbie, so I’m going to take it. I’ll go alone if I have to.”

“Going alone is a dumb idea,” Saturo said. “You shouldn’t-”

Kaze then took off flying in the direction that Glare had gone. 

Saturo sighed and was clearly worried. “Kaze, you idiot…” He muttered to himself as he surrounded his body in electricity. He turned to Draco for a second. “I’m going with him, he’ll get himself killed if I’m not there to stop him from suddenly deciding to attack Dakure.”

“You’ll be at risk too, I’ll go tell Stare then. May as well let him know what you two are about to do,” Draco said in a more calm tone, understanding what Saturo was gonna do.

Saturo nodded. 

Then he took off after Kaze in a sprint.

To be continued in the next chapter.... 

See more stories by UltimateOsaid
Bravo,

Bravo, Friend!!

--------------------------------- Forever & Always, Jordi

Posted by Jordi on Sun, 06/13/2021 - 20:28