/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Word - Chapter Two | KidPub Press //
The Word - Chapter Two

The Word - Chapter Two

Posted July 15th, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

CHAPTER TWO - THE VISIT

Jason blinked. He had a splitting headache. He glanced around. He was in a bed. He sat up.

“Save you energy Jason.” Said a voice. A man stepped out from the shadows. “You are going to need it.”

“Where am I?” Jason asked, looking around, “And who are you?”

“why, I am Eurydice, but you may call me Toirdhealbhach.” Said Toirdhealbhach.

“What! I have been looking all over for you, Wait-why did you knock me out?”

“Actually, a bandit did that. He took your valuables and left you to die. I found you and brought you here, to my palace/castle.”

Wow! Thanks!” Jason exclaimed, “Wait! How do you know who I am?”

“Know many things.” Toirdhealbhach.

“What is ‘The Word?” Jason asked suddenly.

Toirdhealbhach started with a jerk. “What do you know of it?”

Jason told him about his dream. Toirdhealbhach listened very carefully. When he was finished, Toirdhealbhach nodded and motioned for Jason to follow. He went into his library and glanced around. He walked down an aisle, reading the titles. He stopped at one and took it off the shelf. As Toirdhealbhach was reading, Jason looked around the library. It was so huge; it would take years to read everything that there was in it. Just then, Toirdhealbhach called him over. Jason glanced around one last time and went to Toirdhealbhach.

Toirdhealbhach handed him the book he had been reading and said, “Read this tonight. Tomorrow we will talk of it.” Then Toirdhealbhach left the room. A dog came and showed Jason to his room. Jason lay on the bed and started to read.

(This is shortened) “Be careful, reader. You may get in danger after reading this. Watch out. Do not trust a soul. You have been warned.

WHAT IS IT?

The Word is a powerful tool and weapon. When you say The Word, a magic item will appear. If you use that tool, you are allowed to travel anywhere in time. Many people will kill for that kind of power, but only the speaker of The Word can use it to time-travel.

HISTORY OF IT!

The Word was last used by Cameron Bentlee. He received a bow. When he shot it, he could go when he wanted. No one knew where The Word started, or where it will end.

Jason jumped up at the sound of Toirdhealbhach entering.

“Good Morning.” Toirdhealbhach said.

“Morning!” Jason gasped, “It can’t be!”

“It is. Did you read it?” Toirdhealbhach said.

“Yep. I just realized what a pickle I’m in.” Jason sighed and rolled out of the bed. At least he had not had a nightmare again.

Toirdhealbhach replied, “Are you hungry?”

Jason had not realized it, but he was starving. His stomach answered with a grumble of protest on not being filled in 30 hours. Jason agreed and walked out with Toirdhealbhach. He glanced around as they walked. He was amazed on how big the castle was. He sat down at the table and started to eat. There was a lot of food on the table. He stuffed himself with chicken, salads, and exotic fruit. Toirdhealbhach ate more slowly. He watched Jason eat.

When Jason had finished, Toirdhealbhach spoke up. “Are you finished? We have much to discuss.”

Jason nodded and a servant came to take their plates. Jason watched him silently.

Toirdhealbhach replied, “Jason, do you understand what The Word is?”

Jason nodded again, “It makes this magical tool appear that you can use to Time-Travel.”

“Right.” Toirdhealbhach answered. “What Väinämöinenmeant was you have to go ether forward or backward in time to stop something from happening. Cameron Bentlee was meant to stop Väinämöinen  for being cursed into The Plain on No Return and being cursed to stay in the form of The Black Cloud. Cameron almost did it, but realized the flaw, before it was too later. He died on the return to his time.” Toirdhealbhach paused for a moment.“It can be dangerous to time-travel.”

Jason was horrified. He excused himself and went to his room. Jason lay on the bed, thinking. He didn’t like where his life was leading him. Jason lay there until he fell asleep.

See more stories by Ryoko
I can not wait for the next

I can not wait for the next onesmiley

Posted by BestBunnies101 on Thu, 07/15/2021 - 11:01
Ah yes, creativity at its

Ah yes, creativity at its finest!

Posted by UltimateOsaid on Fri, 07/16/2021 - 10:33
Ryoko, my friend, you've

Ryoko, my friend, you've outdone yourself.

I'm gonna go back over these two chapters and give you my full notes later but for now I just want you to know that I really, really like this story idea.

(Warmest regards) \

Posted by Tía Snow on Mon, 07/26/2021 - 12:46