/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The 5th Wave *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* | KidPub Press //
The 5th Wave *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

The 5th Wave *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Posted April 8th, 2014 by maxi

A Book Review by Max
in Erissa, Erilea, Westeros, The New York Institute, Roshar, Scadrial, New Chicago, Eye of the World, Metallica and Questeria

Rick Yancey
5

THE 1ST WAVE TOOK OUT HALF A MILLION PEOPLE.

THE 2ND WAVE PUT THAT NUMBER TO SHAME.

THE 3RD WAVE LASTED A LITLE LONGER, TWELVE WEEKS... FOUR BILLION DEAD.

IN THE 4TH WAVE, YOU CAN'T TRUST THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL PEOPLE.

AND THE 5TH WAVE? NO ONE KNOWS.

BUT IT'S COMING.

Rick Yancey released a new trilogy, with his bestselling book series The Monstrumologist being the last, and it has been popular ever since its publication. There are many fans of this new book, and I? I am one of them.

This book focuses on Cassie, a survivor of the first 4 Waves, a survivor of the aliens, the motherships and the sci-fi-ness... She tells a little bit of backstory to how she survived up to the current 4th Wave, and boy, does she/the author tell it well?

Her backstory is insane, intense and very emotional at first—I cried!—but then you get used to it as you progress through the book. Ben Parish is introduced as a companion/friend/date and they fit together perfectly. The story about how the aliens were put into the story, at first, is incredibly written with an amazing storyline and connects with the characters and readers amazingly.

But then we get some bad-ass moves from Cassie as we jump from past tense to present, and we see her defeat a Crucifix Soldier, bashing him up and whatnot... until she realises who the soldier really was.

Later on, we go into another boy's perspective (I'll let you figure out, when you read the book, who it is) and find out that we're within this Camp, a wasteland-like army-ish place with people with their ridiculous but hilarious nicknames.

The romance was amazing and dealt well with the story, made me feel things and the emotions. You feel all the feels when reading this book. It was so intense and a great read. I can't wait to see how the romance continues on in the next book, The Infinite Sea.

But this book.

I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

It was action-packed, had a plot that you connect as a reader, and it was an amazing story to read about. Of course, it had some flaws. I didn't give it a 4 because that would be too harsh, but I just think that this story can go so much more—and thank goodness we have two more books coming. I can't wait for the next book!

Recommended to: Sci-fi lovers, people who don't mind romance.

Pages: 460

If you liked me to review one of your favourite books, put a comment down below!

See more stories by Max
I love this book. :D And I

I love this book. :D And I didn't know it was a series (I was too shocked to think about much anything once I finished it. xD), but that makes me so excited!

Awesome review. ^u^ I also agree with the romance  thing—personally, it struck me as weird and abnormal at first (since it was like a perfect story book ending), but that was intended, so. And then there was that awesome plot twist and everything was perfect again. :D except for my heart

also /feels/

*~Captured Dreams~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Tue, 04/08/2014 - 22:13
Thanks for commenting! Yeah,

Thanks for commenting! Yeah, I definitely agree. I cannot wait for the next book!

I'll probably review City of Heavenly Fire next and The Darkest Minds—no idea why I'm telling you.

Posted by Phanboy (Max) on Tue, 04/08/2014 - 22:24
Great job- now look what you

Great job- now look what you did! I'll look for the book in all the public libraries and stores and... Won't find it and will be dying to read it for an year. xD
But this sounds like an interesting read! (And one meant to do so in private... xP)

-People just suck in general.- ~Lena

Posted by Starlit Nightma... on Thu, 04/10/2014 - 06:22
I know I"m late commenting

I know I"m late commenting XD. Anyway, I'm so glad that someone else has read this book as well! I really enjoyed and loved the way it was written.

Posted by Kimberry on Mon, 06/09/2014 - 17:24