/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Addy Love | KidPub Press //
Addy Love

Addy Love

Posted April 15th, 2013 by IBleedInk

A Book Review by Remus Pennyfeather
in My fourth year as a Slytherin. In another dimension, I'm Spottedpelt of WindClan. And, of course, I'm also a nerd sitting in front of a laptop.

Mikayla Holden
1

Over a year ago, I went to a young authors' group.  They were having a young (published) author speak there, by the name of Mikayla Holden.  She talked about her book, what went into it, and all that.  Her book sounded great!  She was published!  She was in the newspaper!  I bought a signed copy to read.

I'm sorry, but this book is atrocious.

Apart from the innumerable spelling and grammar mistakes (I don't know how she missed those), so much of the book is...ridiculous.  Mikayla said she had to do a lot of research for this book...and yet she put a supermodel in the book (it takes place in pioneer times).  The characters say and do things that make them seem childish and ridiculous, and, honestly, the characters are pretty flat, as well as the plot.

TL;DR, nearly the whole book was unrealistic and hard to read.  The spelling and grammar was horrible.  0/10 would not recommend.

If you don't believe me, go buy a copy of your own.

(Sorry I sound harsh, I needed to vent about this book)

See more stories by Remus Pennyfeather
Woah... By the way, I dunno

Woah... By the way, I dunno if you knew, but Kay is actually on KP and she actually used to be an active member.

Posted by Lily09 on Mon, 04/15/2013 - 12:29
I know she is.  She's the

I know she is.  She's the one who introduced me to KP.  But the fact of the matter is her book is bad, and I'm not going to lie just because she might see it.

___

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Unknown

Posted by Summer on Mon, 04/15/2013 - 13:15
Oh, that's cool. And no, I

Oh, that's cool.
And no, I didn't mean it like that, I wouldn't do that either, but I just wand to point it out.

Posted by Lily09 on Mon, 04/15/2013 - 13:34