/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Agent Platypus | KidPub Press //
Agent Platypus

Agent Platypus

Posted December 23rd, 2012 by rebecca

A Book Review by Rebec
in Rivendell, the only place in Middle Earth that gets Wi-Fi

AlgebraAddict (okay, I forgot her real name, but no one cares)
4

Secret agent spy books are good, I just don't believe the mad gadget ones, so thank goodness this is different. It's fascinating. Seems a little cliched at times, but it can't be helped. Some books need the cliche to make them what they are. Others crash and burn. Considering this is by AA, it must obviously be the former.

Agent Platypus is not the random lunatic I thought she would be, but a trained agent who is only fourteen. No problems, she killed someone first when she was seven. What intense training she must have been through I can only imagine. As is typical, her parents were killed when she was very young, which she remembers and understands rather vividly, unrealistic, much? But because of the quality of the writing, I can forgive almost anything.

So Platypus lost her parents, who were also agents, and was trained by Caleb, the only dude without an animal codename. The book begins in third person, with her, at seven, killing her first man, which is amazing. She later encountered many things including Jor Bronze, the main villain and doesn't kill him. Like me, it seems, she appreciates bookshelves falling on people. Perhaps the memory scenes are not clear enough. This is a minor issue that could be solved simply. I have a weird fondness for Caleb - you know he's eccentric, right? The other character we know is Poppa Lemur, a fifty-odd year old man who seems extremely nice. The three of them have to kill Jor Bronze, who I look forward to meeting. It should be fascinating.

This book was extremely interesting. Platypus' sense of humour is hilarious. There definitely needs to be more. Jor Bronze sounds like more than a cliched villain, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

For the author:

Add more detail, have the memories written more clearly, fit them in better, explain how this organisation works, I need to see some more of Jor Bronze, and tell me more about Caleb. Keep writing this, for sure.

See more stories by Rebec
I like the loook of this

I like the loook of this book!
 Book Covers!!!  

Posted by Fabia on Sun, 12/23/2012 - 08:02
This book sounds

This book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Nice book review, Tygress! yes

Please check out my sci-fi Christmas contest! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/christmas-contest-please-ente...

Posted by Candy Cane (Abb... on Sun, 12/23/2012 - 10:08
Thank you so much,

Thank you so much, Rebecca.  :))  This was the perfect book review. 

Posted by Esther (Algebra... on Wed, 12/26/2012 - 15:55