/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ On and Off | KidPub Press //
On and Off

On and Off

Posted December 7th, 2012 by rebecca

A Book Review by Rebec
in Rivendell, the only place in Middle Earth that gets Wi-Fi

Mina Mongoose (KP name, naturally)
3

Part of my problem with this is the prologue. Too short, not detailed enough, this is the worst part of the book. My other problem is my lack of understanding of Transformers. Saying that, you don't really need it. You are given the world, and things are described. You certainly do not need to know anything extra about them. 

The main protagonist, Elita, has supposedly been wiped, for reasons not entirely made clear. Something went wrong and she had a memory, but no one else remembers what she does. The frustration she feels at virtually everything is a great characterisation. I also have a fondness for the curses used, though this is a guilty pleasure and I admit they are cheesier than stuffed crust Margarita pizza without the tomato and with the base made of cheese. 

I'm not entirely sure about the other characters. They all appear to be the same, and deserve better characterisation. Writing is a lot like acting - one must know how the character thinks. If getting into a jumped-up robot's warped mind is too difficult, I suggest a new profession.

I give this three stars because the detail is poor in many aspects. The way the other dudes are described leaves a lot to be desired. But it isn't bad. If you like science fiction, this could quite easily be a book for you. It cannot be finished yet. We really ought to wait a little and judge it in its  entireity. 

To the author:

Continue this, but you need to write the other characters with more distinct personalities, generally add more detail especially to the prologue. Then I would be tempted to up this review by one star. It will never really be my cup of tea. 

You can still write it well though.

See more stories by Rebec
Awesome! Thanks so much, I

Awesome! Thanks so much, I knew it needed work, but had NO IDEA where to start! Thanks again! ^_^

~Mina

- Generation1. when you see this, post it on your sig as a sign of epykness with the next number. Social experiment.-

Posted by MandM on Fri, 12/07/2012 - 11:22