/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Foresight Visions through the Past | KidPub Press //
Foresight Visions through the Past

Foresight Visions through the Past

Posted September 14th, 2013 by rebecca

A Book Review by Rebec
in Rivendell, the only place in Middle Earth that gets Wi-Fi

Sravani whatever her face ish.
4

A war? Normal teenager with powers? Cliche at all? Ah, but this is where you would be right and wrong at the same time. It has its moments, like anything, and it sometimes misses the mark set by the rather astonishing prologue. To be quite honest, it is far better than I expected from this author, who I believe I have not seen at their best prior to this.

Our protagonist is a 'loser', a teenaged girl who is at boarding school - I think, I read too quickly and miss detail - and suddenly starts hearing thoughts and stuffses. Yes, things are magical. Or something. Not specified. 

It starts, with this prologue, in an interesting world, with a headmaster who quite frankly, is a cool character. The Council are in charge, but he breaks their rules. You can't trust them. I don't know quite what happened to his parents, I was reading too quickly, but I bet the Council is involved. Then the Council summon him, knowing he has done something 'bad', and he never returns. Interesting. It's a shame everything else feels so...trivial. A girl at school, a 'loser', someone bullying her, then hears thoughts. Funny thing is she looks nothing like her parents, but uses personality to measure it. Seriously? Personality is a mixture of environment and genetics, though no one knows how much, so the fact she behaves like her mother is no proof. What a little dummkopf. But otherwise she's fine. Then her eyes change colour and she starts having weird dreams, faints somewhere, and is rescued by a weird angel girl. Plus her mother knows something is going on. And she saw a bloody figure who I bet is Rian - the headteacher bloke.

So, four stars? The chapters are quite long. All it needs is editing. Oh, and it is not my kind of book. And those books have to be excellent to be rated highly.

For the author:

I'd edit, change the mother's response, make the instigating incident more important, and just keep writing. Could be good. For what it is. Though as we all know, this kind of story has been done before and so you need to make it original. Make it your own. 

See more stories by Rebec
I have had Writer's Block on

I have had Writer's Block on this. My third chapter got deleted, and ever since then I haven't written any more. But I might do just that to get you to review it again, because this review was amazing. Truth be told, my main protagonist isn't my favorite character, which might be odd, but whatever. I suppose I need to work on her more. And the school isn't a boarding school. I just didn't get what to edit in the mother's response--which response? :3 I feel that the whole 'high school drama' thing was cliche, too. Thanks for doing this. :)

Posted by Maestro Sravani... on Sat, 09/14/2013 - 04:53
Yeah, I knew I was probably

Yeah, I knew I was probably wrong there. My genius is quite unstable and often misses huge chunks of detail.

Translation services are offered - please ask if you require aid in deciphering anything I say

I most certainly do not have a superiority complex, I'm too good for things like that.

Posted by rebecca on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 02:48