/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Forty Third annual Hunger Games, by Moonbeam | KidPub Press //
The Forty Third annual Hunger Games, by Moonbeam

Posted December 10th, 2012 by rebecca

A Book Review by Rebec
in Rivendell, the only place in Middle Earth that gets Wi-Fi

Moonbeam (Stella)
4

Perhaps there is little to say about this. So far as fanfictions go, I prefer this to the actual thing. Something about it is beautiful, the narration is far more honest and the errors seem minor. What errors and mistakes there are mostly consist of grammar. Another fault of this amazing piece is the fact there are few enough. Maybe the narration is not always fully in character, but this is a struggle all writer's must go through. So far, the fight for a well-written character is almost won. There are a couple of minor plot errors that I am not too sure of, but they could be rooted out by a real Hunger Games fanatic in the editing process.

Lydia, our main character, is a lot more likeable than Katniss. She has better morals for a start, which actually works out quite well. We meet her just as she enters the arena, missing out the beginning pieces in the Capitol, which though can be boring, is a shame. It would have been nice to see how Lydia behaved there. However, it would not fit the story we have. Though Lydia seems to be weak, she is a fighter, and uses a mace, which is for a start odd, but also unique, another example of the author's brilliance. Due to Lydia's weakness, she cannot get the mace and ends up climbing a tree, which she has never done before, to escape Careers. One of them is nice and helps her escape, but ends up dead. Lydia kills a Career and drinks his tea. She spares lots of lives, the Gamemakers flood the arena, she gets robbed, and finally, is unconscious at the hands of one of the Careers. Dead? Possible. But I doubt it...

I give this piece four stars not because of poor writing, but because it is simply not my type, and I am certain the writer could have written countless original ideas down. This is selfish. If you like the Hunger Games, you will love this piece. End of story.

For the writer:

What can I say? Get inside your character's heads properly, try and make some of the names less confusing and also please continue. If you have killed Lydia I will be slightly annoyed. These things happen though. Just keep writing, and also write your own ideas.

See more stories by Rebec
O.O OH MY GOD!!!!! Thank you

O.O

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And thanks, I needed that CC!!! :D

~Moonbeam~ ~Check out my Hunger Games FanFic!~ http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/forty-third-annual-hunger-gam...

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 11:24
Aww, that's sweet. I love it

Aww, that's sweet. I love it when people write reviews on books! It brightens their day :D

-Kaley :) :D :P

"But it wasn't a dream. It was a living nightmare." -From my untitled book!!!

Posted by Kaley on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 17:26
My reviews? Brightening a

My reviews? Brightening a day? SWEET? I just was as sarcastic as I could be! My review company is called the CYNIC'S book reviews. Not the sweet little friendly girl's book reviews. 

Translation services are offered - please ask if you require aid in deciphering anything I say

Posted by Acinonyx jubatu... on Sat, 06/01/2013 - 03:43
Your reputation is breaking

Your reputation is breaking down.

Fear cuts deeper than swords~Syrio Forel / Arya Stark.

Posted by Spasming Llabricorn on Sun, 06/02/2013 - 01:28
No it isn't! My reputation

No it isn't! My reputation is intact aside from this...one post. Which can be ignored because it is a one off. 

Translation services are offered - please ask if you require aid in deciphering anything I say.

I most certainly do not have a superiority complex, I'm too good for things like that.

Posted by rebecca on Sun, 06/02/2013 - 02:34
You are nice except for

You are nice except for yesterday.

Posted by Spasming Llabricorn on Sun, 06/02/2013 - 03:41
I was just messing about. I

I was just messing about. I meant no harm. 

Posted by Acinonyx jubatu... on Sun, 06/02/2013 - 04:10