//
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (BOOK REVIEW!)

Posted August 1st, 2016 by Codename-X12

A Book Review by Predator-6 (Jack)
in the Guardians HQ

J.K. Rowling
3

RATING: PG (cuz no descriptions of violence, or anything else)

STARS: 3.00 stars out of 5 , compared to 4.5 stars out of 5 for Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows)

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, so here's a book review about the long-anticipated new story from J.K. Rowling. I'll try to keep out spoilers for you guys who haven't read it yet.

So anyway, before I start I have to say that when an old series (film or book) is rebooted, old fans of the series will always be disappointed with features, but I think this book gives old fans good reason to be slightly disappointed.

First I gotta say that it's a play script so don't expect novel-quality description. Basically its just a sentence or two that tells you what's happening followed by a list of people's names and what they say. So for example, I'll write the rest of this book review as a play script you will find in the Cursed Child.

PART 1

Act 1

Jack sits down in chair in front of computer and types 'KidPub'. He is soon looking at the home screen. He clicks 'Book Reviews' and starts typing on keyboard.

Jack: I would give the Cursed Child three out of five stars. It just seemed like a sort of Harry Potter fanfiction, not really authentic. Without giving much away, it had time-travel and all the resulting crazies like in Back to the Future.

Jack: A plus is that the characters are original and have nicely-portrayed personalities. But the thing I can't get past is that it seems like a feeble attempt to drain more story from an ended novel series.

Jack: Another thing that I didn't like was the story was slightly confusing and sometimes hard to follow, probably because it's a play script. Why did he have an extra ______ the hole dang time and why did he not use it before when everyone thought there was just one!?

Jack: But I also say that it was still creative and fun to read and it's cool to see some of the old characters twenty years later. I enjoyed the book, but find it hard to overlook the things I mentioned before. You might just want to see the play before reading the book, it would make a lot more sense.

See more stories by Predator-6 (Jack)