/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Teaser Trailer) | KidPub Press //
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Teaser Trailer)

Posted April 14th, 2013 by JLamarMichaelC

JLamarMichaelC's picture
A Book Review by Jonnah Z. Kennedy(Jeffrey)

Francis Lawrence (Director)
5

Okay, first of all, this is just a Trailer reveiw and not the actual movie. Anyways, I just 'fangurled' just now. I know that sounds weird, but I did. You guys have got to watch this trailer. It is so flippin' amazing it will make you cry it's so beautiful. Everything so far is just perfect! Jennifer Lawrence is beautiful and just the most amazing Katniss, she looks even better than in The Hunger Games, Josh Hutcherson is rockin' the Peeta, and Snow! Snow looks so evil, or eviler in this one. So basically, the trailer, at first, seems like a full blown trailer, but then you notice that they don't even mention the Quarter Quell, but they kind of hint at it by saying..."We must kill all of her kind." President Snow said. "Her kind, sir?" Pluratch Hivesbee(I think I spelled it right) said. "The victors." President Snow said. So yeah, they hint at the Quarter Quell by saying we must kill all the Victors. But just based off of that, that makes me think they may have written out the Quarter Quell because then maybe they would have just blantantly spoke of it. A theory says their going to reveal it in the Offical trailer, which I can guess will be aboiut 3 minutes long since this one was about 2:30. Now, I would also like to say hat's off to the new Director Francis Lawrence who has done a FABULOUS job with this movie. I get the feeling this one will have even more intense scenes than the first one. I also have high hopes that if Lawrence directs Mockingjay, it may turn out better than the book. If you want to know why I say that, check out my Mockingjay review--note it contains spoilers. Anyways, some of my favorite parts of the trailer was the very beginning where they show the man getting killed in the Plaza of District 11 and Katniss begs Haymitch to help her through it. My next favorite part is when they show the scenes of the rebellion, I can already tell their going to play off where the first movie left off with District 11 the first time. My next favorite part after that, though I want to discuss this, is Gale's whipping. The reason I want to discuss this is because, even though it looks like it's going to be super dramatic, I really wanted to see the fire and the snow with it. I might just be picky like that, but I'm sure other people will agree that that scene was so gasp-ish with the fire and stuff. And my final favorite scene was when they showed Katniss, Peeta, and Effie walking towards President Snow's Mansion for the Quarter Quell. Effie was really getting her 'Gaga' on--you have to see the flamboyent dress she wore. I imagine that Elizabeth Banks was sweltering in that thing, lol. Anyways, the celebration they have for the Quarter Quell is just brilliant, and I know that we're all going to feel like we're actually there in the Capitol with all the freaks. The cinemetagrophy is great for this movie, there are a lot more steady scenes from what I can see instead of like the first one where it all looked mostly like it was on TV, but I can tell that they are going to keep with the trend of unsteady shots. I can also infer that there are going to be a few stand-off's in this movie, because during Gale's whipping Katniss steps in and says 'Go ahead' when the Peacekeeper pointed his gun at her. Now I want to talk about the costume direction of this film. In the beginning we see Peeta in a simple jacket and some brown pants and Katniss in a simple black pencil looking dress. Also the Peacekeepers look like bugs now beause of how the back of their costumes are. Also, I just thought about it, did anyone notice that the Peacekeepers kind of look like Stormtroopers? Nonetheless, the costumes, for the most part, are still pretty amazing. I rememeber in my Catching Fire book reveiw I wrote that Catching Fire makes the Hunger Games look like child's play, and now I really mean it because things are really about to start catching fire. Go watch the trailer now, you will not regret it. I have to start rereading Catching Fire again and re-watching the Hunger Games until November 22. And for the most part, I will be in hibernation until that time. Haha, see you guys later, hope you like the new trailer!

See more stories by Jonnah Z. Kennedy(Jeffrey)
Peacekeepers do look a bit

Peacekeepers do look a bit like Stormtroopers. XD

I haven't seen the trailer yet but I plan on watching it soon.

________
If you truly love someone
Then the only thing you want
Is for them to be happy
Even if it is never with you.

Posted by To Be Unseen (T... on Mon, 04/15/2013 - 07:36