/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ A Patchwork Summer | KidPub Press //
A Patchwork Summer

A Patchwork Summer

Posted August 24th, 2015 by maxi

A Book Review by Max
in Erissa, Erilea, Westeros, The New York Institute, Roshar, Scadrial, New Chicago, Eye of the World, Metallica and Questeria

Maid Jean, Sarah
4

"A Patchwork Summer" by Sarah, of KidPub.

When Madison Edwards is sent away for a trip with her brother Elijah, her father and mother to her quirky aunt Rachel's home, Madi is immediately curious of this house, wondering what could possibly be hiding within the depths of this area, between its grassy hills and lush villages nearby. She grows even more curious when she notices something special about Rachel: a necklace, a mysterious one at that, one that she intends to get more answers out of her aunt. But what she doesn't know is that this necklace, and a secret about the seventh child of seven children, will send other on an adventure that she will never forget.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This story is written very nicely, and has some great characters, a beautiful and original plot as well as a beautiful setting also. The emotions put into the story, written by Sarah to produce wonderful characters, is just stunning. I love the way that she compels you to read more of the story, drives you to the next chapter and gives you a thrill to read on! This book is imaginative and fun, so far that I can gather from the four chapters released.

My favourite character, believe it or not, would have to be Aunt Rachel. I don't know why, aha, but I really do like quirky and different characters. They give a vivid idea and concept to the story that brightens your horizon, shows that there is more to stories than just words on a page.

The setting is beautiful! I always love whenever this KidPubber describes the setting in every single chapter, because it just adds to the drama, the fun and the imagination put into the plot. I also loved the third chapter, with the dream of the elements and whatnot, I think you should definitely put some more of those in the story because they are a good side step from the plot. It's like a breath of fresh air before diving back into the excitement of Madison's story.

These stories are ALWAYS so much fun to read. Reminds me a bit of House of Secrets, which I haven't read yet but have scanned the blurb and it sounds reminiscent of A Patchwork Summer! Anyway, I'm loving this so far.

The only thing wrong with this is that I think you should make the chapters a bit longer? It would be really cool if you did because you'd add more ideas into one chapter, more scenes and more for the engaged audience to put into their minds. It's a really fun book and you should definitely keep with it!

All in all, a wonderful fantasy book worthy to read!

4 stars.

See more stories by Max
Thanks so much, Max! Thorin:

Thanks so much, Max!

Thorin: Where did you go, if I may ask?
Gandalf: To look ahead.
Thorin: And what brought you back?
Gandalf: Looking behind.

~ Thorin and Gandalf in The Hobbit, an Unexpected Journey

Posted by Maid Jean, by a... on Mon, 08/24/2015 - 10:04
Nicely made! I'll have to

Nicely made! I'll have to check this one out!

The Battle For Oblivion has begun

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/battle-oblivion-1811140914

Posted by Lazy Bones on Thu, 09/10/2015 - 06:04