/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Summer Sorrows | KidPub Press //
Summer Sorrows

Summer Sorrows

Posted August 12th, 2014 by coolcate781

A Book Review by Imperfect Stars
in a warm cinnamon bun

Yasmin
4

Summer Sorrows is a realistic fiction written by Yasmin. The narrator is a girl called Katelyn, and the story is mostly based around her friendship troubles.

SUMMARY:

Katelyn's best friend is Talia, but lately Katelyn has felt that Talia is mean and she doesn't want to spend time with her anymore. When Katelyn leaves for a gifted and talented camp at a university, she is glad when she discovers that Talia is only doing the university day camp, while Katelyn will be participating in the sleep-away camp. That's when she meets her roommate, Zoey, and troubles start to arise.

Katelyn thinks Zoey is a much better friend than Talia, but when Talia sees the two together, she is furious. Soon Katelyn is caught between her two friends. Should she be friends with Zoey or Talia? Should they all become a trio? This summer is becoming more and more difficult. You will have to read on to find out more, though. Here is the link to the first chapter: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/summer-sorrows-chapter-14-295...

THINGS I LIKED:

This book is well-written and engaging, and there are always exciting things happening. Since there is so much suspense about how Katelyn's friendships are going to work out, it makes you want to read more and more. I really like this book, and I would suggest anyone who likes to read middle-grade, realistic fiction to check it out.

THINGS TO IMPROVE:

There are advantages and disadvantages to this, but one thing is, the chapters are really short- generally just a few paragraphs. On one hand, I sometimes like when chapters are short, since I often just like a quick read, but it would be a little nice if the chapters were a teensy bit longer, although I usually find they're good as they are.

In addition to this, I find, since the chapters are so short, there is not much detail. I think that maybe there could be a little more detail and description. The story is great, and I really enjoy it, but I think it could be even better if you made it a little more detailed.

Yasmin, would you please write the next chapter? Please? It's been a long time since the last chapter, and I really want to know what is going to happen next! I'm not sure if you discontinued the book, but I hope that the next bit of the story will be posted soon.

Well, I think that's the end of my book review. I hope you guys liked it, and it would be awesome if you clicked on the link to Summer Sorrows! :D

See more stories by Imperfect Stars
I'll try to write the next

I'll try to write the next bit, but lately, ideas just aren't coming to me. The only ideas I havee in my head are prety cheesie, and, yeah, I'll try if I can. Thanks for the things to improve! they really help.

What will happen with that ''chosen'' group of seventh graders? Find out in, Reflecting Me: www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/reflecting-me-prologue-2958150276

Posted by Yasmin on Tue, 08/12/2014 - 12:00