/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Why you shouldn’t buy the new MacBook Pro and wait for the next one | KidPub Press //
Why you shouldn’t buy the new MacBook Pro and wait for the next one

Posted December 23rd, 2016 by Akash

A Book Review by Akash
in California

Akash Kalita
5

As you’ve probably heard, the new MacBook Pro came out. It’s probably very tempting and hard to resist not buying it. But some things Apple is saying are pretty much lies.

First of all, the design is pretty good, it’s shiny and stylish, but have you considered this? The shiny and stylish design hides all the problems. You know how Apple said the new MacBook Pro’s battery life can go up to 10 hours of battery life with one charge. LIE! The lady on the YouTube channel Mobile Tech Review gave an unboxing of the new 15 inches MacBook Pro and did a test on it. On the first charge, the battery gave 17 hours and 18 minutes battery life. Second charge, 3 hours and 2 minutes. On the last charge, it went 30 minutes!

Secondly, the touch bar. This is something Apple should’ve gone over before they started selling these new computers. One thing you should know is that if you buy any new MacBook Pro with a touch bar is that if you don’t take care of it properly, it will eventually stop working. I mean, what kind of computer is that! It should just take care of itself! If you made the huge mistake of buying it, here is a guide to tell you how to keep it working.1, always clean it with a dry swab. If you use a wet swab instead, it will electrocute and blow up.2, don’t touch it for so long. If you do, it may deactivate and won’t work for a few hours. 3, don’t use it too much. If you do, it will also deactivate for a few hours.

Lastly, the pre-installed mouse. For most computers, this is a problem too, but on the MacBook Pro, it’s the same problem, which is weird because Apple should’ve stopped that problem by now. The thing is, touch the mouse for too long and don’t move it, the screen will freeze and so will the mouse.

Those are my three reasons why you shouldn’t buy the new MacBook Pro and wait for the next one to come out.

See more stories by Akash
Dang.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"As far as I'm concerned, there will be no Beatles reunion if John Lennon remains dead." - George Harrison

Posted by Hakuna Matata *Sy* on Fri, 12/23/2016 - 16:53
Interesting, I hadn't heard

Interesting, I hadn't heard of any of those being problems - especially the charge. That may have been defective - 30 mins charge held would warrant a replacement, they come with free 1 yr warranty by law (at least here).

That being said, Apple is notorious for producing beautiful laptops with mediocre specs. You're better off buying a PC most of the time, even though this MB air is the best laptop ive ever owned.

Do you own one of these computers?

Posted by mistle-theo on Fri, 12/23/2016 - 22:34
Auctually Pluzzle, I own a

Auctually Pluzzle, I own a MC air form 2013. As far as I'm concerned, all the Macs Have this problem. Even Mac OS. The computer I have also has the battery problem.Although the battery problem I have here isn't as bad as the battery problem the new MC Pros have. But the thing is, is you buy the 13.3 inch MC Pro without a touch bar, the battery problems are same with the computer I have now. I think the touch bar drains most of the battery and creates most of the problems, just like how when you get IOS 10, the battery drains faster then IOS 9. Hope that helped. laugh

Posted by Akash on Mon, 12/26/2016 - 23:18
My MB air is from 2015, I

My MB air is from 2015, I also own a mac mini running boot camp. It sucks your laptop has bad battery though - you can take them to repair shops to get the battery tested and replaced! But I agree that the touch bar would drain quickly, and also probably break quickly.

Posted by mistle-theo on Thu, 12/29/2016 - 01:48
That is true, but reviwers

That is true, but reviwers peobably don't ant to waste anymore money and expect the standards from a computer without having to go to a computer repair shop.

Posted by Akash on Tue, 01/03/2017 - 15:38