The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

maxi 11-27-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 368883)
.....

*sigh*

People these days.

...tell me about it...

maxi 11-27-2012 03:58 AM

Let me get over the way that 10 year olds can be...they can be stupid, idiotic and annoying. They tell people what is right but it is sad for me to hear. Make them shut up...shut up...SHUT UP.

bookworm1999 11-27-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 368888)
Let me get over the way that 10 year olds can be...they can be stupid, idiotic and annoying. They tell people what is right but it is sad for me to hear. Make them shut up...shut up...SHUT UP.

What????? :/

maxi 11-27-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookworm1999 (Post 368898)
What????? :/

Nothing. >.> Just needed to let something out.

bookworm1999 11-27-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 368901)
Nothing. >.> Just needed to let something out.

Ahh, yes vent!

maxi 11-27-2012 05:19 AM

stupid ten year old kids and them trying to pee me off. stop following me. stop sto st ooffpkviopjmfiopdjkxowipjfo9gp whatda heck

Jesse 11-27-2012 06:25 AM

On the subject of these categories, I will assume that I am somewhere in an even lower fourth group... mostly because when I first joined, I was extremely arrogant, and by the time I had matured a little I had gone on a break. Then I came back, and not many people really recognized me/most of my friends had left/most of my friends rarely came on. So then I kept a lower, much less annoying profile and yeah.

@Max: You are twelve. They are ten. Whenever people younger than me annoy me, I have the advantage of firing insults at their faces. Pick one that's clever enough to make them stay away, but not awful enough to make grown-ups come into the picture.

Or you could always just ignore them until they get bored.

bookworm1999 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 368913)
stupid ten year old kids and them trying to pee me off. stop following me. stop sto st ooffpkviopjmfiopdjkxowipjfo9gp whatda heck

Im really sorry Max I wish I could help you more somehow :(

lvhamsters 11-27-2012 10:09 AM

I don't want to go to school today. I don't want to have to face her. Problem is, we have the same friends who all hang out in one place at the school. I want to see my other friends.
I don't want to see her.
I know she'll put me down more.
Brag more.

Lily09 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

I know, guys, I could see how that could be offensive, but that is how I see people on KidPub. I didn't mean for it to get out of hand,my apologies.

EmmaR 11-27-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 368918)
On the subject of these categories, I will assume that I am somewhere in an even lower fourth group... mostly because when I first joined, I was extremely arrogant, and by the time I had matured a little I had gone on a break. Then I came back, and not many people really recognized me/most of my friends had left/most of my friends rarely came on. So then I kept a lower, much less annoying profile and yeah.

@Max: You are twelve. They are ten. Whenever people younger than me annoy me, I have the advantage of firing insults at their faces. Pick one that's clever enough to make them stay away, but not awful enough to make grown-ups come into the picture.

Or you could always just ignore them until they get bored.

Even when my writing was popular it still wasn't popular, and still nobody liked it. I don't think I ever had my days where people actually knew who I was.

bookworm1999 11-27-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 369004)
Even when my writing was popular it still wasn't popular, and still nobody liked it. I don't think I ever had my days where people actually knew who I was.

I feel you pain, all the time :/

EmmaR 11-27-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookworm1999 (Post 369111)
I feel you pain, all the time :/

Yeah, except I've been a member since February 2010. You have so much ahead of you! I have so much behind me.

Stephiey 11-27-2012 06:44 PM

*looks at feet*

Hey, can anyone tell me where I am? I mean, if you actually know who I am... :D

Cherrybomb 11-27-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367227)
I've felt like there were people that were at the top like LST, TheAshWolf, WolfWriter, and Sandy. Popular for amazing stories, being mature, and being amazing KidPubbians.
And then there's people who are also at the top-ish but slightly less below like nngo, wildwolf, maxi, AA. They mainly got popular from good stories, being mature, being awesome, and posting on Writers Block alot.
Then there's people like you and I(I think I'm over here?) and HeatherB and meerkat and Owen who are pretty well known and people will stop by to say, "Hello, how are you doing?" and have a conversation. We get here for good stories, but maybe we came in when our generation is dwindling or when the times were bad so our stories didn't get noticed. We post on WB pretty frequently and we're awesome, just like the majority on KidPub.
Then there are the newer generation, who nobody on WB really recognizes because we're mostly from 2010 or 2011. Most of them are okayish but we don't know them too well.
Sounds a lot like highschool right xD Well, at least that is how I class KPers. But don't worry, just hang on in there and talk to people.

Yep. From the last section. ^_^

BlueMi 11-27-2012 07:09 PM

Today was a weird day. I tried to make myself more known, but all I ended up doing was clinging to the popular people—I hate when people do that—and worse, I was a bitch to all my friends. So now my friends are mad at me, plus the popular people just think I'm weird. And I'm pretty sure I embarassed myself in front of my crush too. <_<

HeatherB 11-27-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 369232)
Today was a weird day. I tried to make myself more known, but all I ended up doing was clinging to the popular people—I hate when people do that—and worse, I was a bitch to all my friends. So now my friends are mad at me, plus the popular people just think I'm weird. And I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself in front of my crush too. <_<

...? You weren't a bitch to me. I'm not mad at you. WHUT. :confused:

BlueMi 11-27-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 369238)
...? You weren't a bitch to me. I'm not mad at you. WHUT. :confused:

I just... I want to be... I dunno... Dare I say "popular"? I mean, I'm perfectly well-liked and friendly in my little circle of friends, but I feel like I'm antisocial and I try to cling to Hannah and Carmenand Mikaela and Catherine except I'm mad at Catherine but still. Then I'm just clinging. And I purposely avoid all my real friends, because I'm afraid I'll get caught up in them and forget to be cool and so I avoid you guys exaggeratedly to look cool in front of my crush but it's not even worth it, and then I find myself being annoyed by Eilean's Eileanness and I don't even know why and ;-;

HeatherB 11-27-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 369244)
I just... I want to be... I dunno... Dare I say "popular"? I mean, I'm perfectly well-liked and friendly in my little circle of friends, but I feel like I'm antisocial and I try to cling to Hannah and Carmen and Mikaela and Catherine except I'm mad at Catherine but still. Then I'm just clinging. And I purposely avoid all my real friends, because I'm afraid I'll get caught up in them and forget to be cool and so I avoid you guys exaggeratedly to look cool in front of my crush but it's not even worth it, and then I find myself being annoyed by Eilean's Eileanness and I don't even know why and ;-;

Oh. I see. But honestly, I didn't notice anything was different. Like, if you hadn't told me all this, I woulda just been like 'oh, today was a normal day. Everyone was kinda grumbly from the long break but whatever.' So probably the so-called 'popular' folks at our school didn't notice anything either. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be popular, but, if you want my opinion, we're more popular than the so-called 'popular' people. I mean, all the teachers love us and all the lil' kids are like 'we luff you!' and all our peers are like 'yea yeah you guise be chill whatevahhh' but the first two are more than those 'popular' people can say. :P We alternate, man, we don't really have a group even if we do all always hang out together. To me, that's really awesome and stuffs, so, IDK. I'm not good at judging crap like this but that's my verdict.

Lily09 11-27-2012 09:30 PM

GUYS STOP ASKING ME. I GAVE YOU GUYS WHAT I THOUGHT. People were getting upset, and I just want this to stop, before it gets out of hand.

AlgebraAddict 11-27-2012 09:36 PM

Alright.

I've bawled my eyes out for every day for a week, officially. Usually in the girl's bathroom, although occasionally in my little corner behind the encyclopedia bookshelf in the library.

My best friend is pissed with me and, after telling me that she didn't want to do a choir audition as a duet with me, is now doing a duet with another girl. Everybody in chorus knows each other, and I'm just the outsider. Everybody else thinks longitude and latitude are easy, while I don't get it and just start to cry again after a while. I'm stupid, and I'm expected to be perfect.

My index finger is numb from my poking it with a needle repeatedly.

I hate myself.

MaryElizabeth 11-27-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 369295)
Alright.

I've bawled my eyes out for every day for a week, officially. Usually in the girl's bathroom, although occasionally in my little corner behind the encyclopedia bookshelf in the library.

My best friend is pissed with me and, after telling me that she didn't want to do a choir audition as a duet with me, is now doing a duet with another girl. Everybody in chorus knows each other, and I'm just the outsider. Everybody else thinks longitude and latitude are easy, while I don't get it and just start to cry again after a while. I'm stupid, and I'm expected to be perfect.

My index finger is numb from my poking it with a needle repeatedly.

I hate myself.

I know what you mean. I only have a few friends, and it can get tough when they choose someone else. And then, people tell me I'm the "intelligent teacher", but when we get to Math, I might as well be a sack of hammers.

But Esther, no matter what happens, they won't change how awesome you are. :^]

Sandy 11-27-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 368828)
I don't like to be physically limited.

... How so...?
The good thing about limitations is that you are always better than someone else. 8^)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 368852)
...........Did you just put me in the same category as LST and Sandy? O_O

Um, no. Just no. No. No no no no no, no no, no, no. XD I would love that to be true, but it's just...not. o_o

Yes, at one point, my book got a somewhat unusual amount of attention. But that was a long time ago. Back when I posted a chapter nearly ever week. Back when I'd actually keep my promises of when I'd post. Back when I didn't get Writer's Block every other day. Back before my life got ten times harder, and stress nearly killed my writing ability. ._. Back when I actually got detailed feedback. Now, when I manage to post, only a few people comment. Hardly any of them have CC. I need CC. That's the only reason I've been able to grow as a writer. My readers have been driving me to write better since I joined this site. But now...there aren't many telling me what's acceptable, and what's not. I see people click on my posts. The most recent chapter I've posted has been clicked on 110 times as of this moment. And yet, only 3 people commented. Don't get me wrong--I value those three comments like each was made of solid gold. But isn't that a bid odd to you? 110 reads but only 3 comments? And none of them gave me any suggestions or told me where the weak spots are. And it's 100% impossible that that chapter was perfect and didn't need CC. I can't grow at a steady rate if I don't get more feedback. ;w; I can't make my editing deadline if I don't know WHAT to edit.

I know there is a commenting famine sweeping through KidPub. No one is immune to it, no matter how long you've been on here, how good or "popular" your writing is, or how many people you know.

I've never felt that I was "popular." I still can't believe that I have actual fans. I have readers, yes, and I love every one of them, but I can't bring myself to call them fans. I've never felt that my story was good enough for that. Good is relative. I tell my story to you guys, and some people like it. That makes me happier than you will ever know. You all honestly do not know how your nice comments have kept me sane, especially now that my personal life is more difficult that it used to be. And yet, I know there are people who do not like my book. And I'm perfectly fine with that. And I remember my classmates...how they teased me...saying I was living in a stupid, worthless, made-up world...saying that my characters were unrealistic and stupid...saying I was stupid for making them up. That hurt. I pretended to ignore them, but it still hurt. I've long since forgiven them for it, but it still hurts me to remember. At least I can always look back on those six kids...they sat with me at recess and listened to my story, back when it was nothing more than a crappy novella. I owe them so much. They gave me my first bits of CC. One of them was my first honest critic. i miss them, sometimes. I miss all of the readers who I haven't heard from in a while, actually.


...
I know that was a long ramble. x_x I apologize for going off the deep end like that.

My point is...I don't belong in that high category. I never did, not in my eyes. But, if that's how someone sees me, then, okay, I'm very flattered. But that's not where I am now. <:^J I doubt I'll ever get there again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 367227)
I'm planning on leaving WB soon. I mean, I've already pretty much left the mainsite. My name's logged in, but I rarely even do anything. *shrugs* Just hang out on WB.
There's always some good members in the new generation.
Sure, Sagar and SS and all the other 09'ers are gone, but LST came in 2010 and so did Kay(but she left) and Sandy.
Some people in 2011, I mainly talked to LJM(who is also from 2009) and LST and some others.
And now it's 2012, where KidPub seems to being going downhill, but hey there's nngo. She's not like a lot of the newer members that just seem to want, "your story is amazing blah blah!". She's really cool. I know I'm forgetting a lot, but I'm just naming the people off the top of my head that I talk frequently.

I've felt like there were people that were at the top like LST, TheAshWolf, WolfWriter, and Sandy. Popular for amazing stories, being mature, and being amazing KidPubbians.
And then there's people who are also at the top-ish but slightly less below like nngo, wildwolf, maxi, AA. They mainly got popular from good stories, being mature, being awesome, and posting on Writers Block alot.
Then there's people like you and I(I think I'm over here?) and HeatherB and meerkat and Owen who are pretty well known and people will stop by to say, "Hello, how are you doing?" and have a conversation. We get here for good stories, but maybe we came in when our generation is dwindling or when the times were bad so our stories didn't get noticed. We post on WB pretty frequently and we're awesome, just like the majority on KidPub.
Then there are the newer generation, who nobody on WB really recognizes because we're mostly from 2010 or 2011. Most of them are okayish but we don't know them too well.
Sounds a lot like highschool right xD Well, at least that is how I class KPers. But don't worry, just hang on in there and talk to people.

DUDE DUDE DUDE WHAT
(*just sees name, has no idea what is going on*)
Haha, sorry to break it to you, Ash, but you are a highly respected, very, very influential member of KidPub, as is LST, as was Emma B and WolfWriter (WolfWriter...? You out there....? o_O Maybe I can summon her with PewDiePie...even though I am secretly in love with Cry) and... as I may or may not be...? o_____O I guess...
The point is, subconsciously, you worked your way up to that point, just as LST did and WolfWriter. To me, the way you would come onto AN and just blurt out an update as soon as you got online was something trademarked to you, as was your love of animals... and I must say, you promoted WOT on KidPub fantastically. Something particular about LST was his spectacular poetry, unlike any other poetry I've ever seen on KidPub and by far the most amazing, and I still remember his random spouts of lyrics, his intricate username changes, and that epic period of time where he commented on every single thing that was posted. He left a mark on KidPub, and that's what made him popular, just like you life a mark on KidPub's cyberspace that will be there forever. With WolfWriter's username I always flashed back to the middle of our Canadian forests, surrounded by snow and pine trees and the smell of crisp cold air, and more recently whenever anything to do with my heritage pops up in my life I think of her. XD
I have no flying idea as to where I fit into this spectrum (although I would love if someone enlightened me... o_O) but anyways, in my opinion, this is what determines someone's popularity on KidPub; their degree of originality, and the amount of things they are able to "claim" as their own.

And Lily09, I still remember when we would always talk on the VM thread. o_o That was so awesome. I still miss talking to you; I wish there was some new way we could like... get together, I guess? ... on WB.
Ughh... I would be... ugh. I don't even know. Let's just say that I'm not exactly leaping with happiness at your plans to leave WB but it'll happen to us all eventually, and I'm not going to stop you. Especially since the break that I took a while ago helped me so much. o_O
I see you as fairly well-known, at least to me. :^j
I've never really considered myself to be popular on KP... yes, there was a time when my stories were getting about 11 different people commenting but those days are over. Now I have a precious four or five, if even, and I love them so much. 8^) In reality, popularity on KP, in life, high school, anywhere, has very little to do with talent or smarts or anything. It's all about how you market yourself.
Huh... I'm still stunned by the thought of me being "at the top"... o_O O_o (*starts to get Kira God-like image*) ............... (*leaves quickly*)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 368918)
@Max: You are twelve. They are ten. Whenever people younger than me annoy me, I have the advantage of firing insults at their faces. Pick one that's clever enough to make them stay away, but not awful enough to make grown-ups come into the picture.

As Jesse says, man, they are ten, bro. Don't let them pick at you; you're older and considerably less annoying and trollish. What they have to say to you means nothing.
(*thinks about how I would solve this problem*)
..... :^I That would be horrible advice...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonRider (Post 368429)
Honestly.
Lily, don't leave.
DON'T.
EVER.
LEAVE.
*glare*

True that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nngo (Post 367299)
I see where you're getting that. I have had my doubts about Kidpub, as I do not find it 'fitting' to post my works on anymore. I don't quite have a *use* for KP anymore, but I don't mind staying on WB and just lurking.

My doubts with KidPub began when I first joined.
And I laid my eyes on that horrific Comic Sans MS for the first time.

e____________e

Perry, if you read this, PLEASE stop using Comic Sans. Please. PLEASE. (*begs*)

Lily09 11-27-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 369320)

DUDE DUDE DUDE WHAT
(*just sees name, has no idea what is going on*)
Haha, sorry to break it to you, Ash, but you are a highly respected, very, very influential member of KidPub, as is LST, as was Emma B and WolfWriter (WolfWriter...? You out there....? o_O Maybe I can summon her with PewDiePie...even though I am secretly in love with Cry) and... as I may or may not be...? o_____O I guess...
The point is, subconsciously, you worked your way up to that point, just as LST did and WolfWriter. To me, the way you would come onto AN and just blurt out an update as soon as you got online was something trademarked to you, as was your love of animals... and I must say, you promoted WOT on KidPub fantastically. Something particular about LST was his spectacular poetry, unlike any other poetry I've ever seen on KidPub and by far the most amazing, and I still remember his random spouts of lyrics, his intricate username changes, and that epic period of time where he commented on every single thing that was posted. He left a mark on KidPub, and that's what made him popular, just like you life a mark on KidPub's cyberspace that will be there forever. With WolfWriter's username I always flashed back to the middle of our Canadian forests, surrounded by snow and pine trees and the smell of crisp cold air, and more recently whenever anything to do with my heritage pops up in my life I think of her. XD
I have no flying idea as to where I fit into this spectrum (although I would love if someone enlightened me... o_O) but anyways, in my opinion, this is what determines someone's popularity on KidPub; their degree of originality, and the amount of things they are able to "claim" as their own.

And Lily09, I still remember when we would always talk on the VM thread. o_o That was so awesome. I still miss talking to you; I wish there was some new way we could like... get together, I guess? ... on WB.
Ughh... I would be... ugh. I don't even know. Let's just say that I'm not exactly leaping with happiness at your plans to leave WB but it'll happen to us all eventually, and I'm not going to stop you. Especially since the break that I took a while ago helped me so much. o_O
I see you as fairly well-known, at least to me. :^j
I've never really considered myself to be popular on KP... yes, there was a time when my stories were getting about 11 different people commenting but those days are over. Now I have a precious four or five, if even, and I love them so much. 8^) In reality, popularity on KP, in life, high school, anywhere, has very little to do with talent or smarts or anything. It's all about how you market yourself.
Huh... I'm still stunned by the thought of me being "at the top"... o_O O_o (*starts to get Kira God-like image*) ............... (*leaves quickly*)


My doubts with KidPub began when I first joined.
And I laid my eyes on that horrific Comic Sans MS for the first time.

e____________e

Perry, if you read this, PLEASE stop using Comic Sans. Please. PLEASE. (*begs*)

1. coughcryhasasexyvoicecoughcoughsorrypewdscough but yeah, sorry about thatttt. Maybe we could talk if we ever get on at the same time...

2. i know i was like 'oh god comic sans this is horrific'.

EmmaR 11-27-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 369320)
... How so...?
The good thing about limitations is that you are always better than someone else. 8^)

I just don't like to not be able to do something because it's not physically possible for me. I'm an alto, and I have trouble belting out the C above middle C, which I have to do if I even want to have a change at getting this part in the musical. I really hate it because I don't want to hurt my voice but I don't want to be disqualified from getting the part because my voice it just a half step too low. I hate being an alto.

MaryElizabeth 11-27-2012 11:55 PM

I wouldn't ever take my own life--too terrified of death for that--but I wonder how many people would show up at my funeral by choice, not just 'cause it's respectful, or because the whole grade had to go.

Lily09 11-28-2012 01:51 AM

My only friend has just got her phone taken away for over a month. Her iPad gets taken away after six. I feel like the only friend to help me whenever I feel the need to cut is music now. It's like all I can do is listen to My Chemical Romance, because no one else is there at night, whether they want to be there or not.

maxi 11-28-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 369340)
My only friend has just got her phone taken away for over a month. Her iPad gets taken away after six. I feel like the only friend to help me whenever I feel the need to cut is music now. It's like all I can do is listen to My Chemical Romance, because no one else is there at night, whether they want to be there or not.

Is this friend the one that you like more than a friend?

Lily09 11-28-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 369341)
Is this friend the one that you like more than a friend?

Mhm, but that's not really relevant. She's really the only friend I have.

Lily09 11-28-2012 02:28 AM

I hate lying to my friend that the words written on my wrist are only song lyrics... If I said that they were really to replace the need to cut, she would ask why I still needed them if I didn't cut anymore...

And it's not like I cut a lot, just whenever things go really bad.

bookworm1999 11-28-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 369334)
I wouldn't ever take my own life--too terrified of death for that--but I wonder how many people would show up at my funeral by choice, not just 'cause it's respectful, or because the whole grade had to go.

Oh my gosh, no! Please dont!

Scratch please just DONT!

bookworm1999 11-28-2012 08:34 AM

Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force. ~ Tom Blandi

LaurenM 11-28-2012 08:56 AM

She never said she was going to.

Stephiey 11-28-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 369342)
Mhm, but that's not really relevant. She's really the only friend I have.

Wait... so you're lesbian? I'm confused.

Lily09 11-28-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephiey (Post 369406)
Wait... so you're lesbian? I'm confused.

Not sure. Bi, maybe, but I'm not sure

Lily09 11-28-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 369438)
Not sure. Bi, maybe, but I'm not sure

Why is there that little emote that looks like a light bulb...

BlueMi 11-28-2012 04:56 PM

Today is national no one be here when I need to talk to someone day.

L.S.Trendom 11-28-2012 05:04 PM

@Mary Elizabeth: If it was possible, I'd go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 369472)
Today is national no one be here when I need to talk to someone day.

I'm here…

TheAshWolf 11-28-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 369439)
Why is there that little emote that looks like a light bulb...

You hit a button, probably. :/ It's right above the "Preview Post" and "Submit" button, so...it's easy to click by accident.

Lily09 11-28-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 369486)
You hit a button, probably. :/ It's right above the "Preview Post" and "Submit" button, so...it's easy to click by accident.

Probably, yeah.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.