The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

chelseki3 05-04-2012 02:38 PM

*dies*

Are it's eyes really that blue, or is it just edited...? o_e

AlgebraAddict 05-04-2012 02:42 PM

No idea. *shrug*

http://cdn.arkarthick.com/wp-content...rain-today.jpg

chelseki3 05-04-2012 02:51 PM

"Can you please excuse me, ma'am? My brain is too full." :o

We were doing something. About that quote. At my class. Weeks ago...:p IT WAS SO CHEESY. D8

AlgebraAddict 05-04-2012 02:54 PM

What was the epicful reaction?

chelseki3 05-04-2012 03:00 PM

My Deaupty (<<<<I'm sure I've spelt that word wrong...-_-) Headmaster was teaching us, and this guy put his hand up and said:

"Can you please excuse me, sir? My brain is too full." :D

Everyone laughed.

Teacher: *faceplam*

AlgebraAddict 05-04-2012 03:01 PM

Woah, epic dude. O.O

rebecca 05-04-2012 03:25 PM

I love the cats. Especially my dedicated grammar one.

AlgebraAddict 05-04-2012 03:42 PM

http://images.cryhavok.org/d/2644-2/...r+Nazi+Cat.jpg


This one? 8D

L.S.Trendom 05-04-2012 08:11 PM

I feel awesomeish now
 
Meh, awesomer earlier today, but whatever. I had three cups of coffee today.
I really should have coffee more often. I WILL STAY FEELING AT LEAST SLIGHTLY HAPPYISH ALL DAY. >_> Srsly, I should start waking up at six in the morning and making coffee… >w<
Someone gimme a time machine so I can hug whoever invented coffee 8'D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nngo (Post 283153)
You should really try talking to your mom.. see how that works. And as for the awkwardness, don't beat yourself up over it. We're all awkward one way or another, and when you're in public school, I'm pretty sure you won't be Forever Alone. It's hard to even be alone in public school, as much as you might want it. ;)

Meh, yeah, I guess…
*xD at the last sentence*

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyn (Post 283179)
Talk to your mom, but don't bother with telling her that you're gay. I promise she wants to hear the truth from you.
I really hope you feel better soon. :)

I really doubt I will; I originally wrote that draft between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM. XD Just thought it was like a good idea
@Both: Uh… *Brain blank* About the shyness, Forever Aloneness, or what…? xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandM (Post 283180)
YOU?! The great KP legend, the I-lost-the-Gamer, the epykal-tastic LST, Forever Alone?! I refuse to believe it! I refuse! Well, put it this way, your life's whatever you make of it and it'll only end up Forever Alone if you let it. I don't truly believe you, YOU the epyk-tastical ILTGamer LST legend that I know, will be Forever Alone as an adult. Besides, lone wolves roam, so they say. I'm an isolated homeschooler me-self, so I totally know what you mean. But, take every chance and work it, you'll make friends! Problem with that is, though, that I've been getting SICK and TIRED of taking the first step in making friends, me having to be the "New Girl" every few years, ME having to sit around and watch the cliques, ME having to WAIT for someone to respond. It gets annoying, but being friendly and keeping occupied with friends/books/KP helps. Imma lone wolf, you be lone wolf, we homeschoolers are like that, right? :) And there's that smiley we hate so much. XD

Eh, the legendness *hopes that doesn't sound arrogant* is because I have no life.
Yeah, ish like one of my biggest fears. ^^
Bolded part is me when I'm optimistic. Mixed with I Want To Be Loved, Have a Nice Day, and It's My Life, by Bon Jovi. :^D (Many comments on Youtube? Taylor Swift writes songs about their lives. Me? Bon Jovi. ^_^)
:^I *Throws cupcakes at those people for not realising your epikness*
Imma be lone shapeshifter wolf. ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 283185)
http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I'm going to be attending high school in four months. P_P I'm going to be Forever Alone as well.
You're amazing LST, I'm sure you'll make some friends AS. SOON. AS. YOU. STEP. INTO. THAT. PUBLIC. SCHOOL. BUILDING.

*reads back my post* *facepalm*

Nuuuu, you will not be Forever Alone. ^_^

MBelle 05-04-2012 08:26 PM

Go To The Prom!

L.S.Trendom 05-04-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBelle (Post 283756)
Go To The Prom!

:^I Please don't spam on this thread. If it's a random thread with no real purpose other than to amuse people, feel free, but not the forum games with rules or the serious threads.

MBelle 05-04-2012 08:46 PM

Go to the prom!

MBelle 05-04-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 283777)
:^I Please don't spam on this thread. If it's a random thread with no real purpose other than to amuse people, feel free, but not the forum games with rules or the serious threads.

Oops. Sorry, I posted the 2nd before I saw this.

chelseki3 05-04-2012 10:16 PM

I was hungry, so I made some toast, and I found it very dang hard to just swallow the food. DX

LaurenM 05-04-2012 10:59 PM

*hugs Chelsea*
*squeezes Chelsea*
Tell your mum. It's hard, but DO IT.

evyn 05-04-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 283722)
@Both: Uh… *Brain blank* About the shyness, Forever Aloneness, or what…? xD

I... forgot. :o:D

chelseki3 05-05-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 284001)
*hugs Chelsea*
*squeezes Chelsea*
Tell your mum. It's hard, but DO IT.

NUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Never will I tell my mom--I'm scared she'll get mad at me. I'd rather tell my auntie even though she makes my self-esteem drop rock-bottom. :cool: The voices don't make anything better. :^I

chelseki3 05-06-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 283229)
Woah, epic dude. O.O

Tell me about it! XD

http://216.70.82.181/new-blog/wp-con...in-is-full.jpg

Here is the epicful picture! :D

LaurenM 05-06-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 284091)
NUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Never will I tell my mom--I'm scared she'll get mad at me. I'd rather tell my auntie even though she makes my self-esteem drop rock-bottom. :cool: The voices don't make anything better. :^I

Yes, don't. I've learned that from a little 'incident' with her today. They just never listen.

chelseki3 05-06-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 284504)
Yes, don't. I've learned that from a little 'incident' with her today. They just never listen.

I don't think they ever will listen. *headdesk*

*Is my 2000th post* :cool:

Sandy 05-07-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 283101)



I just realised the other night that in about four months I’ll be 16—oh god—and I’ve never had someone in real life who I can say I actually really know, that I felt comfortable sharing my feelings with or ever shared my feelings with, someone I could call a friend. I consider my life before I joined KidPub pretty much completely pointless.
I started crying when I realised that… Then I made myself stop, just for a minute, and when I was ready to cry again, I couldn’t. I had trouble feeling anything toward that. And I got a bit of insomnia, then, at three in the morning. But I managed to sorta cry a bit thhen fall asleep. :^I
Almost sixteen and I’ve never had a friend in real life. Forever Alone. *Head desk*
So, if any of you were wondering, that’s why I’m on so much. I really don’t get along with my family, so most of the day, most days, I just sit alone in my room. This summer is going to suck, being mostly full of that.
Going to a regular school, having friends and seeing them each day seems close to as distant and unreal as Harry Potter and Hogwarts. :^I

Moving on…
I’m terrified of my memory, that I’ll grow up and barely remember KidPub or anything I care about. Most of my life, in my memory, is blank or a blur. I even have trouble remembering this week clearly, this year. I read something that said depression can cause memory loss, because you just don’t care enough to make memories… And that made a lot of sense to me. I really don’t care that much that I can’t remember my childhood. But I really, really don’t want to forget KidPub. I don’t want it to fade. Time is also seeming to move too fast… It shouldn’t be the fifth month of 2012 already. It shouldn’t even be 2012 yet.
*Le epik transition to a different subject* I don’t know if my mom remembers I’m on KidPub. She created my account and filled out the form, but I don’t know if she remembers anymore and I hope not. I’m really paranoid that she’ll ground me from KidPub. Then… I don’t even know. I’d probably lie in my closet and cry. :^I

AND OH MY GOD I’M GOING TO BE SIXTEEN IN FOUR MONTHS. TT_TT

How do I become, like, more social and less awkward…? Just force myself to be social, say hi to random people till I can do it halfway well? Though I don’t have many opportunities for that. :/

On some slightly happier/neutral notes… well, I forget one. But the other is my mom told me, before, that I can trust her and tell her anything. So I’m kinda considering telling her I’m gay—I’m not—to see how true that was, based on how she reacts. XP Oh, bright side: this rant was useful for 750Words.com, as I was lazy today…
I’m feeling a bit better than when I started writing this. :^I Though I feel stupid for posting two long rants a few days apart.
*Curls up in corner of Forever Aloneness*
Meh, I’m going to bed now. Over an hour after I was told I needed to be in bed, under threat of grounding. ^_^ >.<

I considered telling my mom I was gay, even though I'm not, just to see her reaction... I also considered telling her I was pregnant, but fortunately I have never followed through on any of these things. Otherwise, I would probably not be on KidPub. I would be splattered on a wall. Dead.
._.
(*I had a lot more written here for you, LST, but I had to abort because my computer is running out of disc space... I don't know why the disc space on this thing keeps shrinking... >:^C*)

L.S.Trendom 05-07-2012 08:29 PM

A what-if machine would be good… Less consequences. Is your mom against LGBTness?
o_o Weird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9suaVDI0Jw :p

TheAshWolf 05-07-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 283101)
Yeahhh. I’m ranting again. >.< But I would like to point out that I at least differentiated my rant from the average teenage rant by using the word ‘supercilious’. xD Meh. Why do my rants have to be so long? x_x
*Really doesn’t feel like editing/rewriting this again*

My family fits the isolated homeschoolers stereotype. We lived in the south, debatably still do, they’re redneckish—my mom even called us rednecks, but she might’ve been joking—there’s the lack of a social life thing, and my parents are a bit supercilious, especially about homeschooling.
Superciliousness: My parents have said, repeatedly, that public schools suck, homeschooling is the best schooling you can get, and that public school will bore me a ton. (I’m going to public school the coming school year. Assuming my mom doesn’t change her mind again.) (I really doubt I’m going to be bored, I’m probably going to be freaking out too much ^^) And my mom even said that talking to her/any random person would be just as helpful as talking to a therapist/psychologist. *Face palm*
Lack of a social life thing: Before we moved in late 2010, I don’t think I ever really got to, like, interact with people outside my family even once a week. There’s three groups of ‘friends’ I remember having, the family of my mom’s friend, the family of the guy my dad worked for, and one family we were neighbours with. Friends is in quotation marks because I never really knew them, they were more like… playmates. >.> That I rarely saw. Even the neighbours.
Now, I have a chance to be around people who I’m not related to about twice a week. (It’d be three times a week, but I dropped out of the homeschool group.) There’s Boy Scouts, which I don’t really belong in and I don’t really interact at, just listen, and then there’s the library thing. The library thing is epik, but most of the time I come home feeling agitated and alone.
I’m pretty sure my social skills are a fail, at least partially as a result of that… Sometimes I don’t know how to act around people, I can’t make small talk, I can’t really smile or make regular facial expressions, and I get nervous easily. Someone even said they thought I was mute or something, when they first met me last year, though they might've been exaggerating.
(Meaning I’ll probably be Forever Alone when I go to public school, and when I’m an adult, too.)
I just realised the other night that in about four months I’ll be 16—oh god—and I’ve never had someone in real life who I can say I actually really know, that I felt comfortable sharing my feelings with or ever shared my feelings with, someone I could call a friend. I consider my life before I joined KidPub pretty much completely pointless.
I started crying when I realised that… Then I made myself stop, just for a minute, and when I was ready to cry again, I couldn’t. I had trouble feeling anything toward that. And I got a bit of insomnia, then, at three in the morning. But I managed to sorta cry a bit thhen fall asleep. :^I
Almost sixteen and I’ve never had a friend in real life. Forever Alone. *Head desk*
So, if any of you were wondering, that’s why I’m on so much. I really don’t get along with my family, so most of the day, most days, I just sit alone in my room. This summer is going to suck, being mostly full of that.
Going to a regular school, having friends and seeing them each day seems close to as distant and unreal as Harry Potter and Hogwarts. :^I

Moving on…
I’m terrified of my memory, that I’ll grow up and barely remember KidPub or anything I care about. Most of my life, in my memory, is blank or a blur. I even have trouble remembering this week clearly, this year. I read something that said depression can cause memory loss, because you just don’t care enough to make memories… And that made a lot of sense to me. I really don’t care that much that I can’t remember my childhood. But I really, really don’t want to forget KidPub. I don’t want it to fade. Time is also seeming to move too fast… It shouldn’t be the fifth month of 2012 already. It shouldn’t even be 2012 yet.
*Le epik transition to a different subject* I don’t know if my mom remembers I’m on KidPub. She created my account and filled out the form, but I don’t know if she remembers anymore and I hope not. I’m really paranoid that she’ll ground me from KidPub. Then… I don’t even know. I’d probably lie in my closet and cry. :^I

AND OH MY GOD I’M GOING TO BE SIXTEEN IN FOUR MONTHS. TT_TT

How do I become, like, more social and less awkward…? Just force myself to be social, say hi to random people till I can do it halfway well? Though I don’t have many opportunities for that. :/

On some slightly happier/neutral notes… well, I forget one. But the other is my mom told me, before, that I can trust her and tell her anything. So I’m kinda considering telling her I’m gay—I’m not—to see how true that was, based on how she reacts. XP Oh, bright side: this rant was useful for 750Words.com, as I was lazy today…
I’m feeling a bit better than when I started writing this. :^I Though I feel stupid for posting two long rants a few days apart.
*Curls up in corner of Forever Aloneness*
Meh, I’m going to bed now. Over an hour after I was told I needed to be in bed, under threat of grounding. ^_^ >.<

Okay...so........I only saw that ^^^ a few minutes ago. >_> I've been avoiding this thread for the past few days since I can barely handle my own issues, LET ALONE try to comfort/help anyone else. (Does that make me selfish? ;_; I hope not.)

I'm getting pulled away from the computer, so I can't reply to all of what you wrote right now. -_- But I DID want to tell you this, at least:
Tredom...I know how you feel. I'm sorry you're going through all this. It's not fair--you're an incredibly awesome person and you deserve a dozen close friends. You're talented and kind and funny and I think it's a shame you don't get out very often.

L.S.Trendom 05-07-2012 09:41 PM

No, it doesn't. Not at all. Looking at the thread at all is unselfish. I hope whatever you're dealing with gets better. :/
Thank you.

AlgebraAddict 05-07-2012 09:57 PM

I'm scared. My sister Sophia is nine and my best friend. She's sweet, loyal, funny, and brave. She loves adventures and fantasy worlds. She inspired my published novel with her own little world that she shared with me on a long car drive. She turned a really stupid 101-things-to-find-in-fairyland book into a complex trilogy and my soul story. She's amazing in every way. And yet, she's never had a friend, unless you count Tesla.

Tesla was a girl that moved her from California. She... wanted to be my best friend. Besides my sis, my obvious bff is my friend Catie. Everyone knows it. It was just that Tesla's brother and I liked each other in a friendly way. Tesla was the matchmaker, and an annoying one at that. Her brother and Catie got into a huge fight... It ended up being so bad that I had to choose. I chose Catie. It was all I could do... Tesla got so mad. She hated Catie. I wished Tesla would just leave us alone... except then Sophia started hanging out with her. "Tesla's my friend," she whispered once to me. And then the next day, when Tesla was on a playdate, she told me that she didn't even like Sophia. Sophia had her hopes up. She doodled in her journal pictures of Tesla and her. Tesla was all that she had ever hoped for as a friend... except it wasn't returned. Sophia blindly hoped, and believed. I couldn't bear to cause her pain like that. Tesla and her family moved to Texas, and that was that.

A bitter ending, but an ending.




Now there's Zoe.

Her sister Brooklyn is the sweetest, kindest girl I probably know. And not in a sissy way. She just has a heart of pure gold, and although she only visits our city sometimes (her mother lives elsewhere in the state), she's just great to be around. Her sister Zoe, however, lives her full time.

Sophia is six inches taller than I am at a full five feet, and Zoe is a foot and a half shorter than she is. It's adorable when they get home from playdates and Sophia has to squat to hug her. Sophia has such a golden hope, and so do I. She can only tag along with me and Catie... perhaps she has found a friend. But I'm so scared... she was in so much pain when she found out about Tesla's feelings towards her. And I was in pain too... I can't let anyone ever, ever do that to her again. And yet, I want her to have a friend... but I can't let her have that pain again.

Ever.

LaurenM 05-08-2012 04:09 AM

I hate that Tesla. Why the heck did she play with Sophia if she didn't like her?
My classmate was like that once. She was once my friend, then we had a big fight, then my friends who played with her broke up with her too, nothing to do with me, I swear, and one of my friends are friends with her again, and the other is starting to accept her, and she's becoming more likeable. I'm feeling weary...

Moogle 05-09-2012 12:00 AM

The product of wasting my life and zoning out in class the past couple days:
1. I decided I really want to be a little girl's doll. No thinking, no feeliing, no emotion, no having to move. God that prospect sounds so inviting.
2. I also decided that I wish Umbrage from HP lived next door so I could steal her pen that carves words into your hand ("I shall not tell lies" as for harry). I would write it super deep and get as much pain out of it as I can, carving the word "confidence". I need confidence really, really badly. I have none at all. -_-

L.S.Trendom 05-09-2012 12:25 AM

For the confidence thing… look at the comments to things you've posted on KP. Every time someone compliments you, says something nice about you, or even says something that makes you smile, write it down in a Word file and look at it every time you feel down.

Moogle 05-09-2012 12:32 AM

That is a good idea, thanks. I'll try it.

TheAshWolf 05-09-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 283101)
Yeahhh. I’m ranting again. >.< But I would like to point out that I at least differentiated my rant from the average teenage rant by using the word ‘supercilious’. xD Meh. Why do my rants have to be so long? x_x
*Really doesn’t feel like editing/rewriting this again*

My family fits the isolated homeschoolers stereotype. We lived in the south, debatably still do, they’re redneckish—my mom even called us rednecks, but she might’ve been joking—there’s the lack of a social life thing, and my parents are a bit supercilious, especially about homeschooling.
Superciliousness: My parents have said, repeatedly, that public schools suck, homeschooling is the best schooling you can get, and that public school will bore me a ton. (I’m going to public school the coming school year. Assuming my mom doesn’t change her mind again.) (I really doubt I’m going to be bored, I’m probably going to be freaking out too much ^^) And my mom even said that talking to her/any random person would be just as helpful as talking to a therapist/psychologist. *Face palm*
Lack of a social life thing: Before we moved in late 2010, I don’t think I ever really got to, like, interact with people outside my family even once a week. There’s three groups of ‘friends’ I remember having, the family of my mom’s friend, the family of the guy my dad worked for, and one family we were neighbours with. Friends is in quotation marks because I never really knew them, they were more like… playmates. >.> That I rarely saw. Even the neighbours.
Now, I have a chance to be around people who I’m not related to about twice a week. (It’d be three times a week, but I dropped out of the homeschool group.) There’s Boy Scouts, which I don’t really belong in and I don’t really interact at, just listen, and then there’s the library thing. The library thing is epik, but most of the time I come home feeling agitated and alone.
I’m pretty sure my social skills are a fail, at least partially as a result of that… Sometimes I don’t know how to act around people, I can’t make small talk, I can’t really smile or make regular facial expressions, and I get nervous easily. Someone even said they thought I was mute or something, when they first met me last year, though they might've been exaggerating.
(Meaning I’ll probably be Forever Alone when I go to public school, and when I’m an adult, too.)
I just realised the other night that in about four months I’ll be 16—oh god—and I’ve never had someone in real life who I can say I actually really know, that I felt comfortable sharing my feelings with or ever shared my feelings with, someone I could call a friend. I consider my life before I joined KidPub pretty much completely pointless.
I started crying when I realised that… Then I made myself stop, just for a minute, and when I was ready to cry again, I couldn’t. I had trouble feeling anything toward that. And I got a bit of insomnia, then, at three in the morning. But I managed to sorta cry a bit thhen fall asleep. :^I
Almost sixteen and I’ve never had a friend in real life. Forever Alone. *Head desk*
So, if any of you were wondering, that’s why I’m on so much. I really don’t get along with my family, so most of the day, most days, I just sit alone in my room. This summer is going to suck, being mostly full of that.
Going to a regular school, having friends and seeing them each day seems close to as distant and unreal as Harry Potter and Hogwarts. :^I

Moving on…
I’m terrified of my memory, that I’ll grow up and barely remember KidPub or anything I care about. Most of my life, in my memory, is blank or a blur. I even have trouble remembering this week clearly, this year. I read something that said depression can cause memory loss, because you just don’t care enough to make memories… And that made a lot of sense to me. I really don’t care that much that I can’t remember my childhood. But I really, really don’t want to forget KidPub. I don’t want it to fade. Time is also seeming to move too fast… It shouldn’t be the fifth month of 2012 already. It shouldn’t even be 2012 yet.
*Le epik transition to a different subject* I don’t know if my mom remembers I’m on KidPub. She created my account and filled out the form, but I don’t know if she remembers anymore and I hope not. I’m really paranoid that she’ll ground me from KidPub. Then… I don’t even know. I’d probably lie in my closet and cry. :^I

AND OH MY GOD I’M GOING TO BE SIXTEEN IN FOUR MONTHS. TT_TT

How do I become, like, more social and less awkward…? Just force myself to be social, say hi to random people till I can do it halfway well? Though I don’t have many opportunities for that. :/

On some slightly happier/neutral notes… well, I forget one. But the other is my mom told me, before, that I can trust her and tell her anything. So I’m kinda considering telling her I’m gay—I’m not—to see how true that was, based on how she reacts. XP Oh, bright side: this rant was useful for 750Words.com, as I was lazy today…
I’m feeling a bit better than when I started writing this. :^I Though I feel stupid for posting two long rants a few days apart.
*Curls up in corner of Forever Aloneness*
Meh, I’m going to bed now. Over an hour after I was told I needed to be in bed, under threat of grounding. ^_^ >.<

Okay, I can't believe I'm saying this, but....in your case...public school might be good for you. You'll have to avoid the downsides--rude kids, slow people (it's not their fault, but it can be annoying to have to wait all the time), druggies (depending on the school area), gossips, and people who curse every other sentence--but it can be a good experience. Teachers, friends, art/music class, getting feedback on your assignments...it's all really fun while it lasts. :D And you get to be away from your house for a bit--staying at home too long can give you cabin fever, and that's certainly not healthy. 0_0 From what you've said, you seem to have been dealing with cabin fever for a looooong time.

I've only had, like...two true friends in my entire life that were my age. And the others all abandoned me. -_- So I kind of know how you feel on that subject. I find that it helps to try to stay positive. Start with small things--like, "oh, it's sunny/cloudy outside, yay", and "mmm, I love apples, I'm glad I can eat one," and just work your way up from there to the big things like "I'm glad I have a mom/dad/sibling, he/she's so [insert good quality here]" and whatnot. ^_^

"How do I become, like, more social and less awkward…?"
O_0 I've been working on that for years, my friend. XD You are so not alone on that one. I started out by smiling and saying "have a nice day" to practically everyone I bumped into. Guy at the checkout counter at Fry's? "Have a nice day!" Crossing guard outside of school? "Have a nice day!" Random chick who helps me pick up my library books when I check out too many and trip and scatter them all over the floor? "Thanks, I'm such a clutz. Have a nice day!" ^_^ You'd be surprised how genuinely happy it makes people when you say that. A lot of people in this world feel ignored--and showing the slightest amount of interest makes them feel good. In turn, seeing them happy can give you courage. From there, I just start striking up random little conversations with people. They don't have to mean anything. Sometimes they get into the conversation, sometimes they don't. Just start by commenting on something. "Man, I hate this weather. It's so hot out. Did you know that [insert random SHORT fact about the heat here]." "Did you hear about [insert recent occurrence that was on the news]?" Maybe joke about something. Anything to get them talking. If you feel awkward about it, remind yourself: (1) THIS IS A PROVEN FACT: 99% of people are so concerned about how THEY look and how THEY come across to people, they honestly don't notice how other people look for more than a couple seconds. Then they forget. (2) If the conversation doesn't last long, they won't dwell on what you looked like or what you said. They'll get lost in their own lives and stop thinking about it. It's not that they don't like you--it's like...passing a bunch of trees in a forest. You don't count how many there are and carry that number around with you all day. Your mind simply does not require that info. ANYWAY, after you get past that, just try to branch out a little. :3 Try to befriend people at school who seem to be all by themselves. There are always people at school who just get ignored. It doesn't mean they're crazy or creepy; they just don't fit in. Try to draw them out--ask them what they like, and what they don't like. Rock? Rap? The Legend of Korra? Reading? A certain movie? Ask them about THEM. Like I said, people like it when you show interest in them, since a lot of people feel like no one cares. Ask them if they have any pets, siblings, or hobbies. ^_^ O_O Sorry that was so long....XD

I don't suggest that you do that....o_e Testing your parents by telling them something false can have REALLY BAD results. (Trust me--I've tried stuff like that.)

Don't feel bad for venting two times within a week, Tredom.... <:^J It's healthy to vent. Venting keeps us from exploding/imploding emotionally.

I'm sorry this took me so long to write....x_x I feel terrible about it.

L.S.Trendom 05-09-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 285429)
Okay, I can't believe I'm saying this, but....in your case...public school might be good for you. You'll have to avoid the downsides--rude kids, slow people (it's not their fault, but it can be annoying to have to wait all the time), druggies (depending on the school area), gossips, and people who curse every other sentence--but it can be a good experience. Teachers, friends, art/music class, getting feedback on your assignments...it's all really fun while it lasts. :D And you get to be away from your house for a bit--staying at home too long can give you cabin fever, and that's certainly not healthy. 0_0 From what you've said, you seem to have been dealing with cabin fever for a looooong time.

I've only had, like...two true friends in my entire life that were my age. And the others all abandoned me. -_- So I kind of know how you feel on that subject. I find that it helps to try to stay positive. Start with small things--like, "oh, it's sunny/cloudy outside, yay", and "mmm, I love apples, I'm glad I can eat one," and just work your way up from there to the big things like "I'm glad I have a mom/dad/sibling, he/she's so [insert good quality here]" and whatnot. ^_^

"How do I become, like, more social and less awkward…?"
O_0 I've been working on that for years, my friend. XD You are so not alone on that one. I started out by smiling and saying "have a nice day" to practically everyone I bumped into. Guy at the checkout counter at Fry's? "Have a nice day!" Crossing guard outside of school? "Have a nice day!" Random chick who helps me pick up my library books when I check out too many and trip and scatter them all over the floor? "Thanks, I'm such a clutz. Have a nice day!" ^_^ You'd be surprised how genuinely happy it makes people when you say that. A lot of people in this world feel ignored--and showing the slightest amount of interest makes them feel good. In turn, seeing them happy can give you courage. From there, I just start striking up random little conversations with people. They don't have to mean anything. Sometimes they get into the conversation, sometimes they don't. Just start by commenting on something. "Man, I hate this weather. It's so hot out. Did you know that [insert random SHORT fact about the heat here]." "Did you hear about [insert recent occurrence that was on the news]?" Maybe joke about something. Anything to get them talking. If you feel awkward about it, remind yourself: (1) THIS IS A PROVEN FACT: 99% of people are so concerned about how THEY look and how THEY come across to people, they honestly don't notice how other people look for more than a couple seconds. Then they forget. (2) If the conversation doesn't last long, they won't dwell on what you looked like or what you said. They'll get lost in their own lives and stop thinking about it. It's not that they don't like you--it's like...passing a bunch of trees in a forest. You don't count how many there are and carry that number around with you all day. Your mind simply does not require that info. ANYWAY, after you get past that, just try to branch out a little. :3 Try to befriend people at school who seem to be all by themselves. There are always people at school who just get ignored. It doesn't mean they're crazy or creepy; they just don't fit in. Try to draw them out--ask them what they like, and what they don't like. Rock? Rap? The Legend of Korra? Reading? A certain movie? Ask them about THEM. Like I said, people like it when you show interest in them, since a lot of people feel like no one cares. Ask them if they have any pets, siblings, or hobbies. ^_^ O_O Sorry that was so long....XD

I don't suggest that you do that....o_e Testing your parents by telling them something false can have REALLY BAD results. (Trust me--I've tried stuff like that.)

Don't feel bad for venting two times within a week, Tredom.... <:^J It's healthy to vent. Venting keeps us from exploding/imploding emotionally.

I'm sorry this took me so long to write....x_x I feel terrible about it.

I think for the most part I wouldn't have much trouble with rude people, so long as it's not, like… physical bullying. >_> Unless it was something I already don't like about myself/am afraid of, I think I might just barely notice what they say. And I've heard someone's heard the school is strict, so hopefully druggies won't be a problem…
While it lasts? I confused. >_>
Heck yeah I do. XP Families get really annoying. :P

You're a freaking epik person and friend, even if they didn't realise it or care enough. :3 It's kind of hard to be positive… Like, I can feel myself emotionally shying away from it/sort of ignoring it… It happens with things that should upset me, too. >_> I can manage it about knowing you guys, most of the time, but for other things I just kind of… shift away from the thoughts.

I can't smile when my family is around… they always joke about it. <_< I think I should try that. Yeah, I think I've read that, that most people pay more attention to worrying about how they look… I'll try to remember that.
I think I'd fit in better with the people who don't fit in, than the people that do… *Is afraid that I'll end up a social outcast with no friends*
I love it when I reply to a really long, awesome thing with a few sentences. XP *Head desk* Thanks. ^^

Yeah… I'm too paranoid to try.

Other people have worse problems and don't rant… :^I

Don't feel bad about it at all! You didn't take very long, and it's an awesome reply. And, again, you never had to reply in the first place.

TheAshWolf 05-09-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 285454)
I think for the most part I wouldn't have much trouble with rude people, so long as it's not, like… physical bullying. >_> Unless it was something I already don't like about myself/am afraid of, I think I might just barely notice what they say. And I've heard someone's heard the school is strict, so hopefully druggies won't be a problem…
While it lasts? I confused. >_>
Heck yeah I do. XP Families get really annoying. :P

You're a freaking epik person and friend, even if they didn't realise it or care enough. :3 It's kind of hard to be positive… Like, I can feel myself emotionally shying away from it/sort of ignoring it… It happens with things that should upset me, too. >_> I can manage it about knowing you guys, most of the time, but for other things I just kind of… shift away from the thoughts.

I can't smile when my family is around… they always joke about it. <_< I think I should try that. Yeah, I think I've read that, that most people pay more attention to worrying about how they look… I'll try to remember that.
I think I'd fit in better with the people who don't fit in, than the people that do… *Is afraid that I'll end up a social outcast with no friends*
I love it when I reply to a really long, awesome thing with a few sentences. XP *Head desk* Thanks. ^^

Yeah… I'm too paranoid to try.

Other people have worse problems and don't rant… :^I

Don't feel bad about it at all! You didn't take very long, and it's an awesome reply. And, again, you never had to reply in the first place.

While it lasts....I meant that in a sense of changing teachers as the years go by, sorry I didn't explain. *facepalm* Some teachers will give you in-depth praise/help on your reports and tests, and some just give you a grade and move on. Everything in school is temporary to a degree--don't even forget that. Your classmates, your teachers, the classrooms, the assignments...people move, get fired, quit, and you change grades. The trick to surviving school is being able to adapt. ^_^ O_o And I found the show Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide REALLY REALLY helpful, just so you know. You might want to watch it.

I know, being positive it's hard...but once you start, it's an easy habit to keep. Just keep tallying up the good stuff. You don't have to be happy about it--just remind yourself of the good things. :3 Raining outside? It prevents the forests from drying out and starting fires. It keeps the plants alive, which give us oxygen. Rain keeps the dust down. Just keep going on and on until you can't think of anything else good. The trick is distracting your mind from the bad stuff--it doesn't matter if the positive stuff makes your happy, it just keeps the bad stuff out.

O_O Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet are social outcasts. XD I've been the "leader" of three different bands of outcasts. You'd be how surprised how loyal lonely people can be. And if it takes a while for them to adjust to having someone around, don't feel bad. Having a friend might be new to them. They probably feel more self-conscious than you do. BESIDES, you're an overall awesome person, so I'm sure you'll make lots of friends. ^_^ O_o And if anyone picks on you, they're probably just jealous.

Oh, come on, Tredom....<:^J just try it. It doesn't hurt to try. I know you can do it.

O_0 SO? That's their problem, you can't control what they do. Keeping stuff bottled up just makes things worse. <:^J You need to get stuff out into the open.

And yes I did! 0_0 I'm your friend, aren't I? ^_^

L.S.Trendom 05-09-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 285463)
While it lasts....I meant that in a sense of changing teachers as the years go by, sorry I didn't explain. *facepalm* Some teachers will give you in-depth praise/help on your reports and tests, and some just give you a grade and move on. Everything in school is temporary to a degree--don't even forget that. Your classmates, your teachers, the classrooms, the assignments...people move, get fired, quit, and you change grades. The trick to surviving school is being able to adapt. ^_^ O_o And I found the show Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide REALLY REALLY helpful, just so you know. You might want to watch it.

I know, being positive it's hard...but once you start, it's an easy habit to keep. Just keep tallying up the good stuff. You don't have to be happy about it--just remind yourself of the good things. :3 Raining outside? It prevents the forests from drying out and starting fires. It keeps the plants alive, which give us oxygen. Rain keeps the dust down. Just keep going on and on until you can't think of anything else good. The trick is distracting your mind from the bad stuff--it doesn't matter if the positive stuff makes your happy, it just keeps the bad stuff out.

O_O Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet are social outcasts. XD I've been the "leader" of three different bands of outcasts. You'd be how surprised how loyal lonely people can be. And if it takes a while for them to adjust to having someone around, don't feel bad. Having a friend might be new to them. They probably feel more self-conscious than you do. BESIDES, you're an overall awesome person, so I'm sure you'll make lots of friends. ^_^ O_o And if anyone picks on you, they're probably just jealous.

Oh, come on, Tredom....<:^J just try it. It doesn't hurt to try. I know you can do it.

O_0 SO? That's their problem, you can't control what they do. Keeping stuff bottled up just makes things worse. <:^J You need to get stuff out into the open.

And yes I did! 0_0 I'm your friend, aren't I? ^_^

Ohhhh… Don't worry about it. :P *Hopes for the first kind of teachers* Changes tend to scare me, but I think I adjust at least halfway well… *Makes a mental note to watch Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide*

Okay… Just thinking of the good things instead of trying to make myself feel happy about them sounds easier. :P (I like the rain… XD)

I was thinking something like that, since they'd be less likely to abandon you and stuff… My thoughts aren't the most organised at one in the morning, though. XD Not sure how much I'd be surprised by that, as I think I'm the same. :P They might think I act stupid, or something along those lines…

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 285429)
I don't suggest that you do that....o_e Testing your parents by telling them something false can have REALLY BAD results. (Trust me--I've tried stuff like that.)

That's what I meant, not the randomly starting conversations thing. XD

*Shrugs* :^/

Yes you did to take a while to reply? Noooo, it was only like a day. :P Yeah. I consider you one of my best friends. :^D

TheAshWolf 05-09-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 285464)
Ohhhh… Don't worry about it. :P *Hopes for the first kind of teachers* Changes tend to scare me, but I think I adjust at least halfway well… *Makes a mental note to watch Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide*

Okay… Just thinking of the good things instead of trying to make myself feel happy about them sounds easier. :P (I like the rain… XD)

I was thinking something like that, since they'd be less likely to abandon you and stuff… My thoughts aren't the most organised at one in the morning, though. XD Not sure how much I'd be surprised by that, as I think I'm the same. :P They might think I act stupid, or something along those lines…


That's what I meant, not the randomly starting conversations thing. XD

*Shrugs* :^/

Yes you did to take a while to reply? Noooo, it was only like a day. :P Yeah. I consider you one of my best friends. :^D

You get used to it, trust me. ^_^ Just take things in stride and try not to worry. XD The show is funny yet REALLY helpful.

XD I like the rain, and I knew you liked it, too. I was just giving an example.

O_0 I think they'd be entertained and uplifted at the way you act. :D

Yes I took a while to reply, and yes I HAD to reply. ^_^ O_O ....Really? D'aw! Thanks...I consider you one of my best friends on here, too. :3

LaurenM 05-09-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 285454)
I think for the most part I wouldn't have much trouble with rude people, so long as it's not, like… physical bullying. >_> Unless it was something I already don't like about myself/am afraid of, I think I might just barely notice what they say. And I've heard someone's heard the school is strict, so hopefully druggies won't be a problem…
While it lasts? I confused. >_>
Heck yeah I do. XP Families get really annoying. :P

You're a freaking epik person and friend, even if they didn't realise it or care enough. :3 It's kind of hard to be positive… Like, I can feel myself emotionally shying away from it/sort of ignoring it… It happens with things that should upset me, too. >_> I can manage it about knowing you guys, most of the time, but for other things I just kind of… shift away from the thoughts.

I can't smile when my family is around… they always joke about it. <_< I think I should try that. Yeah, I think I've read that, that most people pay more attention to worrying about how they look… I'll try to remember that.
I think I'd fit in better with the people who don't fit in, than the people that do… *Is afraid that I'll end up a social outcast with no friends*
I love it when I reply to a really long, awesome thing with a few sentences. XP *Head desk* Thanks. ^^

Yeah… I'm too paranoid to try.

Other people have worse problems and don't rant… :^I

Don't feel bad about it at all! You didn't take very long, and it's an awesome reply. And, again, you never had to reply in the first place.

I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP D:
God, I can still remember how awkward it was on the first day of school. Some chatty people made friends soon, and I made friends with a girl called Megan who was sitting beside me. From all the friends I once had and still have, I think there was only one whom I asked, "Can I play with you?"
LST, you're awesome. I can't really imagine you as a popular person, so maybe you'll make awesome friends who don't talk about...stuff that interest normal teenagers. By normal teenagers I mean those who belong into the same type who laugh when people say an expletive (Too bad my running training is half full of them...no wonder I only have a friend there). I can't really find a word for those people. By awesome, I mean people like people on KidPub...
I'm not exactly antisocial, but I find it really hard to make friends. I can chat with people normally without getting scared like I did when I was smaller, but not exactly make friends, because lots of people find me hateful.

L.S.Trendom 05-09-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 285467)
You get used to it, trust me. ^_^ Just take things in stride and try not to worry. XD The show is funny yet REALLY helpful.

XD I like the rain, and I knew you liked it, too. I was just giving an example.

O_0 I think they'd be entertained and uplifted at the way you act. :D

Yes I took a while to reply, and yes I HAD to reply. ^_^ O_O ....Really? D'aw! Thanks...I consider you one of my best friends on here, too. :3

Not worrying is not one of my abilities. XD I remember the show, a bit… Though I never thought it was seriously meant to help.

I don't think so. Usually I just act either like I had too much coffee, or awkward, or both. >_>

No and no. :P Thanks, too. :3


Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 285469)
I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP D:
God, I can still remember how awkward it was on the first day of school. Some chatty people made friends soon, and I made friends with a girl called Megan who was sitting beside me. From all the friends I once had and still have, I think there was only one whom I asked, "Can I play with you?"
LST, you're awesome. I can't really imagine you as a popular person, so maybe you'll make awesome friends who don't talk about...stuff that interest normal teenagers. By normal teenagers I mean those who belong into the same type who laugh when people say an expletive (Too bad my running training is half full of them...no wonder I only have a friend there). I can't really find a word for those people. By awesome, I mean people like people on KidPub...
I'm not exactly antisocial, but I find it really hard to make friends. I can chat with people normally without getting scared like I did when I was smaller, but not exactly make friends, because lots of people find me hateful.

I WANT TO NOT GROW UP MORE THAN YOU. D: *Gives you duct tape for your inner child, and plays Never Grow Up and Catch Another Butterfly*
I can't either… P: Maybe someone that most people know of, but not popular, and definitely not stereotypical… popular… guy?
That's the kind of people I'd try to make friends with, people who care about more than just their social standing. I don't think I'd care to be 'friends' with them much, otherwise. (I thought you said 'Teenagers', as in the MCR song, at first glance…) Epik (unique) people? ^_^
You don't seem hateful to me. Haters gonna hate awesome people. :3

Confusing mood swings are confusing… 0_o I feel sorta optimisticish about public school at the moment, though I'm sure that will pass within a few hours.

nngo 05-09-2012 06:44 PM

At school, I have about seven loose friends. It's not because I'm a total social butterfly or popular kid. It's because half of them are the weird/nerdy kids in the class and the others are just overly chatty and friendly. Of course, I don't exactly hang ou with all of them at once. I'm sort of an outcast in the group sometimes, probably because I have my head in the clouds all the time. I guess it's harder in high school and all, but it isn't all that bad, or difficult. And try to talk to random people.. not extremely random people, but people who seem somewhat out of place or whatever. As far as experience goes, most of them are as confused as you are. Maybe they need a friend too.

CosmoCat 05-09-2012 07:03 PM

Okay, so what if you worked really REALLY hard on a test and there was one BIG question that you understood perfectly? So it seems. I just took a 9th grade Algebra test (I just turned 13 a little while ago; give me a break) and the biggest question that I answered was just graded WRONG!!! He gave me NO POINTS and only said "what is this?" in the comments (I'm homeschooled...). I was so FRICKIN' MAD becuase I really wanted to bumpo my grade just a little higher before the end of school!!! And now I have to work twice as hard because the stupid teacher CAN'T READ MY DIRECTIONS!!! He questioned the method that I was using when I had clearly stated what I was doing!!! And yet my highschool algebra teacher CAN'T SEEM TO TAKE A HINT!!! THIS IS SO DANG DARNED STUPID THAT I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD CRY, YELL, OR NUMB OUT MY FEELINGS!!! I just worked SO HARD and my mom is coming home soon (she's running an errand). But she'll see my grade and ask me about it and I'll break into helpless sobbing again and she'll tell me to stop it 'cause I'm a teenager now and that I can't keep this up becuase dad is retiring from the Air Force so we need to travel from the top of the country to the bottom while the RV is getting fixed from the branch that fell in the roof and that I really need to clean my room and pack my stuff and GET MY STUPID SCHOOL WORK DONE!!!!!!! I just REALLY hope something makes me feel better soon. I'm glad that I found this thread. :')

P.S. Never has the quote in my signature EVER been so true. :')

Timber 05-09-2012 08:29 PM

I have tons of things on my mind right now. It seems like every free minute alone I'm crying nowadays...

I hate my hair. I hate my face. I hate my clothes. I hate my body. I'm not overweight or anything, but all my friends are super skinny so it makes me feel that way. For instance I went shopping with my friends and we wanted to get matching off the shoulder tops. We each got a medium.

When I wear my medium, it's only a little loose, mostly tight, and only goes down to my rib cage. When my friends wear it, it's so baggy and actually hangs off their shoulder like it should.

I'm embarrased to wear it. It's sitting in the back of my closet right now; I've only worn it once because they made me. My mom tells me I'm beautiful and I have gorgeous eyelashes...I still feel like crap.

Yeah. Sorry for ranting. :( My eyes are watering as I write this.

nngo 05-09-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 285663)
I have tons of things on my mind right now. It seems like every free minute alone I'm crying nowadays...

I hate my hair. I hate my face. I hate my clothes. I hate my body. I'm not overweight or anything, but all my friends are super skinny so it makes me feel that way. For instance I went shopping with my friends and we wanted to get matching off the shoulder tops. We each got a medium.

When I wear my medium, it's only a little loose, mostly tight, and only goes down to my rib cage. When my friends wear it, it's so baggy and actually hangs off their shoulder like it should.

I'm embarrased to wear it. It's sitting in the back of my closet right now; I've only worn it once because they made me. My mom tells me I'm beautiful and I have gorgeous eyelashes...I still feel like crap.

Yeah. Sorry for ranting. :( My eyes are watering as I write this.

People have different body frames, and if you have a slightly thicker bone structure, it doesn't mean you're fat. And it doesn't matter the shirt is tighter than it is for you than your super-skinny friends. But I feel like that ALL the time too. So I get as far away from the mirror as possible and write something on my computer while trying to avoid the black sections of the screen so that I won't be able to see my reflection. *fail advice*


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.