The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Randomize (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Doctor Who! 8D (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=1740)

WolfWriter 08-19-2011 10:54 PM

Doctor Who! 8D
 
Cuz it's just that cool. Gosh, I love that show.

So, how about you? Have you seen the old series from 1968 or just the new series from 2005 and on? Who's your Doctor? What do you think of Rose? Amy? Favorite pairing? Opinion on the theme song? How did you learn about it? :P

:D

WolfWriter 08-19-2011 11:01 PM

Personally...

The Doctor Who theme song is my favorite theme, along with Pirates of the Caribbean. I LOVE it.

Like many, the tenth Doctor is my favorite. I love his personality :3 I also like the ninth Doctor, too ^_^

The first time I heard about it was in 7th grade when we read a screenplay of the first ever episode. I was intrigued, being a sci-fi junkie, but I was on a mythology kick, so I was focused on getting on with it. Only recently did I start watching it. Not even my principal has heard of it O_o I'm the only one familiar with Doctor Who, along with that teacher. And my friends, who only know what I gush about.

I don't know if I like Rose or Amy better. I like Rose's hair, though ;]

shadowtide 08-27-2011 05:59 PM

Doctor Who is so awesome!!!!! :D :D

The first one I watched was Robot (from 1974, when the third Doctor regenerates into the fourth), with my dad. He loved DW when he was a kid. That was like... three years ago... I didn't find out that there were actually any new ones until about a year after that.

And the soundtracks would have to be my second-favourite. After The Lord of the Rings.

I like Rose way way better... I despise Amy. Rory's awesome though. The best companion (in my opinion) is Adric, from the fourth and fifth-Doctor ones... Almost everyone else seems to hate him though... :(

Best— Doctor— ever— is— obvious—
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...t_1445016c.jpg

The ninth, fifth, third, sixth, and eighth are absolutely amazing though too. ^-^

WolfWriter 09-15-2011 10:00 PM

Yeah I get where you're coming from about Amy. She's mostly entertaining to me, though :] And she's ginger. And she kind of looks like my cousin O.O But Rory scares me at times, not clue why O.o Gotta love Rose ^_^

Is it just me or is the acting insanely good in this show? O.o My mom hates DW but says it's some of the best acting she's seen.

WolfWriter 09-15-2011 10:06 PM

RIVER SONG annoys me to no end -___-

GabiDi 09-16-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowtide (Post 179426)
Doctor Who is so awesome!!!!! :D :D

The first one I watched was Robot (from 1974, when the third Doctor regenerates into the fourth), with my dad. He loved DW when he was a kid. That was like... three years ago... I didn't find out that there were actually any new ones until about a year after that.

And the soundtracks would have to be my second-favourite. After The Lord of the Rings.

I like Rose way way better... I despise Amy. Rory's awesome though. The best companion (in my opinion) is Adric, from the fourth and fifth-Doctor ones... Almost everyone else seems to hate him though...

Best— Doctor— ever— is— obvious—
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...t_1445016c.jpg

The ninth, fifth, third, sixth, and eighth are absolutely amazing though too. ^-^

I still don't understand why you hate Amy... -_-

I'M GOING TO WATCH THE GIRL WHO WAITED DAY AFTER TOMORROW! :D

shadowtide 09-16-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfWriter (Post 187822)
Yeah I get where you're coming from about Amy. She's mostly entertaining to me, though :] And she's ginger. And she kind of looks like my cousin O.O But Rory scares me at times, not clue why O.o Gotta love Rose ^_^

Is it just me or is the acting insanely good in this show? O.o My mom hates DW but says it's some of the best acting she's seen.

Yes, she's entertaining. But still annoying. :p

It is good... the old ones' acting is pretty poor though...

shadowtide 09-16-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 187845)
I still don't understand why you hate Amy... -_-

I'M GOING TO WATCH THE GIRL WHO WAITED DAY AFTER TOMORROW!

The Girl Who Waited almost made me cry... It's the saddest DW episode ever made, seriously. :( :(
Even though it's about Amy. :rolleyes:

You definitely need to watch it... and since you posted that yesterday I guess you'll watch it today! :D

cloudwriter 09-16-2011 09:34 PM

I don't get the Doctor thing....or what it's about....let alone the fact that I've never heard of it until now.....:P

WolfWriter 09-16-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowtide (Post 188043)
The Girl Who Waited almost made me cry... It's the saddest DW episode ever made, seriously. :( :(
Even though it's about Amy. :rolleyes:

You definitely need to watch it... and since you posted that yesterday I guess you'll watch it today!

The Parting of the Ways made me cry so hard Dx Just cuz I love Rose :p

WolfWriter 09-16-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 187845)
I still don't understand why you hate Amy... -_-

I'M GOING TO WATCH THE GIRL WHO WAITED DAY AFTER TOMORROW! :D

Haha Amy's a bit...aggressive in a nice way xD Haha *coughFleshandStonecough* But I gotta give her a lot of credit :B And she's ginger. But she's by far the--for lack of better term--sexiest of companions. That much is for sure, and that's obviously what the producers were going for. The short skirts and flirty personality make that obvious :p

shadowtide 09-17-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 188044)
I don't get the Doctor thing....or what it's about....let alone the fact that I've never heard of it until now.....:P

It's an absolutely, completely amazing British sci-fic show. :D You need to watch it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia Page
Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a time-travelling humanoid alien known as the Doctor who explores the universe in a sentient time machine called the TARDIS, whose exterior appears as a blue police box. Along with a succession of companions, he faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help people, and right wrongs.

....

The character of the Doctor was initially shrouded in mystery. All that was known about him in the programme's early days was that he was an eccentric alien traveller of great intelligence who battled injustice while exploring time and space in an unreliable time machine, the "TARDIS", (an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), which appears much larger on the inside than on the outside.[46]

However, the initially irascible and slightly sinister Doctor quickly mellowed into a more compassionate figure (a fact later reiterated in "Journey's End" where the Tenth Doctor tells Rose that she made him better, as the incarnation she first met was angry and "born out of war"). It was eventually revealed that he had been on the run from his own people, the Time Lords of the planet Gallifrey.

As a Time Lord, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate his body when near death. Introduced into the storyline as a way of continuing the series when the writers were faced with the departure of lead actor William Hartnell in 1966, it has continued to be a major element of the series, allowing for the recasting of the lead actor when the need arises. The serials The Deadly Assassin and Mawdryn Undead and the 1996 TV film suggest that a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times, for a total of 13 incarnations. However at least one Time Lord - the Master - managed to circumvent this (in The Keeper of Traken).[47] It is also worth noting that in The Sarah Jane Adventures, the Doctor states he can regenerate 507 times. To date, the Doctor has fully gone through this process and its resulting after-effects on ten occasions, with each of his incarnations having their own quirks and abilities but otherwise sharing the consciousness, memories, experience and basic personality of the previous incarnations.[13]

So, yeah. An alien (called a Time Lord) called the Doctor travels around in a spaceship called the TARDIS, which looks on the outside like a police box. He has companions, usually human, who travel with him for periods of time, to different planets, and on earth. Generally, they get in some grave danger, etc.

Click Here

And Here

It started in 1963, and continued until '89. Then there was a movie made in 1996. It started up again in 2005. I'd suggest staring with the 2005 ones, since the older ones can be hard to get into. Really you can start with any random episode, though, since the episodes aren't contingent on knowing what happened previously, though it's harder with Series 5 and 6.

The first new one is called Rose... If you go here, you can watch all the new series online: Doctor Who episodes

Heh, no pressure, of course. :p

WolfWriter 09-17-2011 06:35 PM

Not to mention, David Tennant, who places the tenth Doctor (The Doctor can regenerate, keeping his memories, but often times altering his personality slightly and completely changing his appearance) is...attractive xD

Annnnd there are at least two Harry Potter references, which is funny because Tennant acts in Goblet of Fire the movie xD And EVERYONE IS BRITISH! Except for some Americans in some episodes :P I actually learned A LOT from Doctor Who. Yeah, the 2005 and on seasons are the best. Though the special effects aren't fantastic in the first season or two :P And the audio makes it hard to understand the accents at times. I guess Season 1 really picks up at Aliens of London and World War Three :D Beware of creepy episodes xD Like The Empty Child O.O But the acting is brilliant.

star 09-17-2011 07:40 PM

I love the eleventh doctor he's so quirky! The tenth doctor is good too don't get me wrong! :) I never watched the old ones :( I really should though.... I'm not too sure about Amy I liked her better when she was younger (not like when she was a kid but like I don't know her face kind of changed and around then and after that she wasn't as good.... I know it's weird... :) Rory is awesome! And Martha was really good too! I didn't watch many of the Rose episodes but... eh... I don't know.... :D I love doctor who!

WolfWriter 09-17-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star (Post 188315)
I love the eleventh doctor he's so quirky! The tenth doctor is good too don't get me wrong! :) I never watched the old ones :( I really should though.... I'm not too sure about Amy I liked her better when she was younger (not like when she was a kid but like I don't know her face kind of changed and around then and after that she wasn't as good.... I know it's weird... :) Rory is awesome! And Martha was really good too! I didn't watch many of the Rose episodes but... eh... I don't know.... :D I love doctor who!

What about Donna? :B

star 09-17-2011 08:33 PM

I haven't watched any of those episodes I have heard of her though.. sorry.

GabiDi 09-18-2011 11:47 PM

D:

I watched The Girl Who Waited. Heck YES I almost cried.

But then I watched The God Complex.

Don't...talk...to...me... *curls into ball, hugging my plushie* -_-

Lily09 09-19-2011 12:13 AM

Gosh this quality is crap. Where can i get a decent video?!

Lily09 09-19-2011 12:15 AM

Either that or my computer.

WolfWriter 09-19-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 188871)
Gosh this quality is crap. Where can i get a decent video?!

I watch it on Netflix on my brother's PS3 so I don't have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the next episode.

GabiDi 09-23-2011 06:18 PM

Bleh. THE NEXT EPISODE HAS TO COME SOON.

star 10-01-2011 10:16 PM

eep! Did anyone else just watch the last episode as River would say "Spoilers!"

GabiDi 10-01-2011 10:59 PM

Closing Time? :D

star 10-02-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 194045)
Closing Time? :D

You mean the name of the episode? It's called The wedding of River Song... I won't give anything away though if you haven't whatched it yet... :cool:

GabiDi 10-02-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star (Post 194150)
You mean the name of the episode? It's called The wedding of River Song... I won't give anything away though if you haven't whatched it yet... :cool:

D: You already watched it?! I can't find it ANYWHERE!

star 10-02-2011 01:56 PM

Really? That stinks! If you live in America do you have BBC America? It will probably be on there sometime soon...

Leia 10-02-2011 03:30 PM

Someone explain Doctor Who to me...Please?!

star 10-02-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leia (Post 194276)
Someone explain Doctor Who to me...Please?!

I would try but I'd fail...

GabiDi 10-02-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowtide (Post 188099)
It's an absolutely, completely amazing British sci-fic show. :D You need to watch it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiki (Post 188099)
Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a time-travelling humanoid alien known as the Doctor who explores the universe in a sentient time machine called the TARDIS, whose exterior appears as a blue police box. Along with a succession of companions, he faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help people, and right wrongs.

....

The character of the Doctor was initially shrouded in mystery. All that was known about him in the programme's early days was that he was an eccentric alien traveller of great intelligence who battled injustice while exploring time and space in an unreliable time machine, the "TARDIS", (an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), which appears much larger on the inside than on the outside.[46]

However, the initially irascible and slightly sinister Doctor quickly mellowed into a more compassionate figure (a fact later reiterated in "Journey's End" where the Tenth Doctor tells Rose that she made him better, as the incarnation she first met was angry and "born out of war"). It was eventually revealed that he had been on the run from his own people, the Time Lords of the planet Gallifrey.

As a Time Lord, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate his body when near death. Introduced into the storyline as a way of continuing the series when the writers were faced with the departure of lead actor William Hartnell in 1966, it has continued to be a major element of the series, allowing for the recasting of the lead actor when the need arises. The serials The Deadly Assassin and Mawdryn Undead and the 1996 TV film suggest that a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times, for a total of 13 incarnations. However at least one Time Lord - the Master - managed to circumvent this (in The Keeper of Traken).[47] It is also worth noting that in The Sarah Jane Adventures, the Doctor states he can regenerate 507 times. To date, the Doctor has fully gone through this process and its resulting after-effects on ten occasions, with each of his incarnations having their own quirks and abilities but otherwise sharing the consciousness, memories, experience and basic personality of the previous incarnations.[13]



So, yeah. An alien (called a Time Lord) called the Doctor travels around in a spaceship called the TARDIS, which looks on the outside like a police box. He has companions, usually human, who travel with him for periods of time, to different planets, and on earth. Generally, they get in some grave danger, etc.

Click Here

And Here

It started in 1963, and continued until '89. Then there was a movie made in 1996. It started up again in 2005. I'd suggest staring with the 2005 ones, since the older ones can be hard to get into. Really you can start with any random episode, though, since the episodes aren't contingent on knowing what happened previously, though it's harder with Series 5 and 6.

The first new one is called Rose... If you go here, you can watch all the new series online: Doctor Who episodes

Heh, no pressure, of course. :p

You're welcome. :P

GabiDi 10-02-2011 05:07 PM

Wait, never mind! :D I get seasons 1-5 on Netflix Instant Video on our Blu-Ray, and season six on AMAZON Instant Video on Blu-ray, and The Wedding of River Song just became available. :D

star 10-02-2011 05:42 PM

Ok good! :D

GabiDi 10-13-2011 11:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXqv3...eature=related

Check out this girl's channel. :D

L.S.Trendom 10-13-2011 11:31 PM

I'm going to start watching Doctor Who, I think… We can stream movies now. Though only in the middle of the night. Doctor Who marathon, anyone? XP

star 10-16-2011 08:08 PM

I just had a doctor who marathon :)

GabiDi 10-16-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 197813)
I'm going to start watching Doctor Who, I think… We can stream movies now. Though only in the middle of the night. Doctor Who marathon, anyone? XP

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :D i

GabiDi 10-20-2011 05:39 PM

Something Leia found:

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/...-a-tv-show.png

WolfWriter 10-21-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 197813)
I'm going to start watching Doctor Who, I think… We can stream movies now. Though only in the middle of the night. Doctor Who marathon, anyone? XP

If only I knew you in person, I would buy a life-sized cardboard cut-out TARDIS, pop some popcorn, sit you down, and we would have a 48-hour Doctor Who marathon :)

shadowtide 10-22-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 197812)

o_o Her channel is incredibly awesome.

shadowtide 10-22-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfWriter (Post 199845)
If only I knew you in person, I would buy a life-sized cardboard cut-out TARDIS, pop some popcorn, sit you down, and we would have a 48-hour Doctor Who marathon :)

XD If I knew any of you in person, I'd do the same thing...

shadowtide 10-22-2011 01:12 PM

Who thinks that the newest episodes are getting way way too weird, and the BBC should ditch Steven Moffat and bring back Russell T. Davies? :p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.