The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

Swallowtail 07-03-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 572384)

;aksdjf;lakdjf al;ksdfj;laeknvaskdjvakls;dfas;dndlfjvasdl;fkjvasd f;klvasjndf;lk asjdfkl;asvbla;ksdfj als;dfkasbdf ;nasdl fknjaesbpvalk;s dfjdkla;dslkf jadsflkanvsd;ajl df;lkadjsfakfdslm;slkdjnvals;dkjva;slkdfjn as;dlfkj nasdfl;kajbdsfk,m (random text here so my parents wont be suspicious)

i think i might have a mild form of trichotillomania? because i sometimes do this thing where i compulsively rip my eyebrow hairs out and i rarely also do it with the hairs on my head, and its usually a stress thing but most of the time i don't realize i'm doing it. or maybe it's just my fingers' inability to stay still. i've started doing this a few weeks ago but didn't want to talk about it bc it seems weird, and i might bring this up with the doctor the next time i go in for a physical (if i still do this then). either way i cant stop and its weird. someone suggested to put clear tape on my eyebrows but??? that'd look even weirder????? i need a fidget toy or something

also i'm on my stupid period again and they're starting to get longer than the usual 3-4 days and it's so annoying... my hormone levels are higher rn (i think) so i act really strange and hug everyone who gets closer to me and i'm so physically clingy now it's scary and you wouldn't guess i'm asexual from the way i'm acting, but i REALLY REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO CUDDLE ME VERY VERY TIGHT NOW AND NOT LOOK DOWN MY SHIRT BECAUSE AS HOT AS I AM THAT IS JUST GROSS

Get one of those fidget toys, with all the little quarter circle twists, and the bright colors. They move easily, and you can twist them around, remove the pieces, put them back.

meerkat 07-04-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 571112)
hmm if it helps, you could write letters to them but not send them or something?? and also remember occam's razor: the simplest outcome is often correct. and the simplest outcome is that they are completely alright, isn't it? therefore, they're probably completely alright.

i AM A FREAKING HYPOCRITE except right now the simplest outcome isnt that theyre alright and i could literally bike over to check up on them but im kinda locked in my house now with fireworks going off in daylight

and i've figured out how to get past the eyebrow thing: playing with my watch strap! it's p much broken bc it's really old but that makes it easier to play with, but i'll probably go find a fidget toy of some sort to use instead of breaking stuff

Lily09 07-04-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 572443)
i AM A FREAKING HYPOCRITE except right now the simplest outcome isnt that theyre alright and i could literally bike over to check up on them but im kinda locked in my house now with fireworks going off in daylight

and i've figured out how to get past the eyebrow thing: playing with my watch strap! it's p much broken bc it's really old but that makes it easier to play with, but i'll probably go find a fidget toy of some sort to use instead of breaking stuff

maybe graphic description tw?? blood tw?

okay so i got a fidget toy called the tangle toy jr for my adhd. and it helped a lot with my adhd! but also there was something else i noticed too.

prior to getting the tangle toy, i would pick the skin around my nails and my cuticles to the point where they would bleed and ppl would be like 'wtf???' however, after i got the tangle toy, i stopped picking at the skin around my nails. it wasn't a conscious decision to stop picking at them. it just so happened that i always had the tangle toy in my hand for my adhd, so my hands were always busy.

so another fidget toy that i really recommend is the tangle toy jr!! it's cheap and compact! they also come in larger sizes but those are pricier.

and another is also silly putty/thinking putty. i would pick/pull at it and it would also be satisfying. it also helped to just squeeze the putty in my hand. i'm also an auditory stimmer so i loooved making air bubbles in the putty and popping them. sadly i don't have putty anymore bc it was my friends.

but there's also a ton of other fidgets online if those don't work for you!!

Lily09 07-04-2015 09:44 PM

meera: www.stimtastic.co is a FANTASTIC site for stim/fidget toys btw!! it's made by an autistic person for autistic people, but the person who created it says that anyone who would benefit from a fidget toy can buy from them.

they're also SUPER friendly and easy to contact! a few pieces of my tangle toy jr broke after about a month (i'm sure it wasn't their fault) so i sent them an ask on tumblr abt what i should do. i received an answer abt emailing them for a replacement. bc of my executive dysfunction/adhd, i was a lil bit late on the email, but they were REALLY understanding and i received a new tangle toy jr a couple of days later.

they also really take into consideration what their customers want! they always respond to asks on tumblr really quickly. i've also seen ppl send in asks suggesting a product, and sometimes i'll see that product up on their website a few months later.

10/10 would recommend, planning on buying from them again.

(sorry for the huge rant but i love stimtastic)

meerkat 07-04-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 572447)
maybe graphic description tw?? blood tw?

okay so i got a fidget toy called the tangle toy jr for my adhd. and it helped a lot with my adhd! but also there was something else i noticed too.

prior to getting the tangle toy, i would pick the skin around my nails and my cuticles to the point where they would bleed and ppl would be like 'wtf???' however, after i got the tangle toy, i stopped picking at the skin around my nails. it wasn't a conscious decision to stop picking at them. it just so happened that i always had the tangle toy in my hand for my adhd, so my hands were always busy.

so another fidget toy that i really recommend is the tangle toy jr!! it's cheap and compact! they also come in larger sizes but those are pricier.

and another is also silly putty/thinking putty. i would pick/pull at it and it would also be satisfying. it also helped to just squeeze the putty in my hand. i'm also an auditory stimmer so i loooved making air bubbles in the putty and popping them. sadly i don't have putty anymore bc it was my friends.

but there's also a ton of other fidgets online if those don't work for you!!

i'm not sure if i can order anything online bc parents are overly conscious and don't let me do that kind of thing, but i could just borrow some money and bike to a store or something ^.^

another thing i do (or maybe this is just a regular musician thing? idk) is constantly finger my flute parts on everything, even if it's just air. it's also why people hate holding hands with me bc my fingers are constantly moving and probably killing their hands, and it's really weird but i've been doing this since fourth grade when i started playing. for now, i guess i'll either use my watch or find some putty lying around the house. thanks so much!

Lily09 07-04-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 572449)
i'm not sure if i can order anything online bc parents are overly conscious and don't let me do that kind of thing, but i could just borrow some money and bike to a store or something ^.^

another thing i do (or maybe this is just a regular musician thing? idk) is constantly finger my flute parts on everything, even if it's just air. it's also why people hate holding hands with me bc my fingers are constantly moving and probably killing their hands, and it's really weird but i've been doing this since fourth grade when i started playing. for now, i guess i'll either use my watch or find some putty lying around the house. thanks so much!

ahh! okay so, i was in a similar situation, so i paid my friend the amount the fidget toys cost. but if you don't want to or cant do that, you know like the wrist coil keychains? you can find that in the office/supplies section at walmart as well. that might help. ^-^

meerkat 07-05-2015 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 572450)
ahh! okay so, i was in a similar situation, so i paid my friend the amount the fidget toys cost. but if you don't want to or cant do that, you know like the wrist coil keychains? you can find that in the office/supplies section at walmart as well. that might help. ^-^

yeah i don't think i can get a friend to buy it for me either... oh well, i think i actually have one of those coil keychains somewhere here right now, and i'll go look for it when i'm less tired!
i also looked up the tangle toy thing and i have something super similar to that already but its probably a bit too big for me to actually take places... but i also have this really cool 3D shark puzzle thingy thats really easy to put together so i could use that

Lena 07-06-2015 03:02 AM

it's one a.m. and i don't feel quite right

AlgebraAddict 07-06-2015 12:21 PM

so I'm going to audition for an elite performing arts school in approximately eight months and I'm already freaking the fuck out about it because I know I can sing but I don't know that I'm actually good enough..? just the delivery I get so awkward at auditions or else I get really stupid and cocky so idek but this would change my life literally and possibly get me a career in music so I really need this to happen but asdfjkl;

Puckbrina159 07-06-2015 02:19 PM

you have no idea how much it hurts knowing that i think about you every damn day and can't help but daydream about hugging and cuddling you when i know that you're doing just fine without me. i just wish that you felt the same way about me as i do about you. everything would be so much simpler. i'm tired of missing you so much.