The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

avbhabra 03-27-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 524107)
And thus the trust issues get worse :( someone I thought was a good person and someone I thought i knew raped my other friend... I want to help her through it. I really do. I don't think she wants to talk about it though so....i don't know what to do :c i've never helped someone who went through something like this....any ideas??

I think that just being around her is important. Like, don't say anything but let her know that you're there to hold her. I think that most people don't want to talk about those horrible events. They just want someone to hug them and not say anything, they want someone to just be around them. Don't let her dwell on it too much, though. Keep her spirits up but don't act too different around her. Act normally, but let her know that you care a lot, maybe not through words but... I don't know how to say it. Your presence? But that sounds Sci-Fi-y. xD Just hang around her. Hope I helped. I've never helped someone who went through that either. O_o

L.S.Trendom 03-27-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 524107)
And thus the trust issues get worse :( someone I thought was a good person and someone I thought i knew raped my other friend... I want to help her through it. I really do. I don't think she wants to talk about it though so....i don't know what to do :c i've never helped someone who went through something like this....any ideas??

aww man *hugs you tightly* *hugs your friend too*
just, like… be there for her. don't make her talk about it, but let her know you won't judge her and you still love her bunches. try to read up on how survivors usually feel, maybe?

pluzzle 03-28-2014 04:29 AM

calla: i'm so sorry that happened. my advice is don't try to directly talk to her about it, but just be there in general

----
so here comes a wave of envy when your best friend tells you her story is 20,000 words long
i barely write anymore
im basically either at school or sleeping, overlapping sometimes s2g history lectures
i cant do anything and im a piece of shit really

pluzzle 03-28-2014 06:43 AM

everything's falling apart, all over again
I kinda thought it was over
I was wrong

I constantly feel like I'm competing. What for, I don't know. A girl in my grade got her hair cut short for cancer charity. Now I feel like to 'win' I have to cut my hair even shorter. I need to win, I can't be content, all the attention will be on her now.
But at the same time, I don't want any attention.
My friend got an A+ on an assignment and I got an A-. I can't be happy for her. Everyone's better than me at everything. I've never been good at anything, ever. This is the first time I've cried in a while.

I always have to do better. I always have to win, no matter what it is. I'll never be good enough and I tell myself that all the time.
I don't even know how to feel about anything, it's a mixture of nothing and sadness, and the occasional jumpy happiness, but not real happiness.

Everything's slowly declining, my will to live, my grades, and how much time I spend sleeping rather than counting my mistakes.

For some reason, the thing that pushed me off the edge was the haircut thing, I don't know why.
I don't know about anything.
I've got no clue what I'm still doing here, wasting my time.

My friends say it's disgusting when I say a girls cute or hot or whatever, because they're all straight ofc. IG hurts my feelings. It also hurts when they say that there are only two genders, male and female. That I can live with more.

Everything's just crumbling around me, my friendships, my sanity, my school life, everything, I used to love school, I used to be so excited. You can see in my ID card photos that every year I get less and less excited. This year was practically a passport photo. Year 3, my first year here, was a huge grin, and the years I between just got smaller and smaller lines below my nose.

I can't wait until everything's over.

Sorry this was so long. TL;DR: Charlie feels like shit be life

LaurenM 03-28-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 524131)
I was wrong

I constantly feel like I'm competing. What for, I don't know. A girl in my grade got her hair cut short for cancer charity. Now I feel like to 'win' I have to cut my hair even shorter. I need to win, I can't be content, all the attention will be on her now.
My friend got an A+ on an assignment and I got an A-. I can't be happy for her. Everyone's better than me at everything. I've never been good at anything, ever. This is the first time I've cried in a while.

I always have to do better. I always have to win, no matter what it is. I'll never be good enough and I tell myself that all the time.
I don't even know how to feel about anything, it's a mixture of nothing and sadness, and the occasional jumpy happiness, but not real happiness.

Everything's slowly declining, my will to live, my grades, and how much time I spend sleeping rather than counting my mistakes.

For some reason, the thing that pushed me off the edge was the haircut thing, I don't know why.

My friends say it's disgusting when I say a girls cute or hot or whatever, because they're all straight ofc. IG hurts my feelings. It also hurts when they say that there are only two genders, male and female. That I can live with more.

Everything's just crumbling around me, my friendships, my sanity, my school life, everything, I used to love school, I used to be so excited. You can see in my ID card photos that every year I get less and less excited. This year was practically a passport photo. Year 3, my first year here, was a huge grin, and the years I between just got smaller and smaller lines below my nose.

i get you about the competitiveness i feel like that all the time. i can't let my friend be better than me in english even though she's lived in america for seven years of her life, i can't let her be better than me in chinese BECAUSE she's lived in america for seven years of her life. it's only when she gets a lower mark than i do that i'm content, from compositions to test papers.

update on my own life (though i doubt that anyone reads my posts)
2048 is ruining it, and also the coming piano exam is making stress rain down on me, plus chinese tests and english tests and a computer literacy test on actionscript3.0 adobe flash thingymajiggies. in wsc, this club i'm in, are the fandom-y nerdy people and it's not exactly big, and one of them is leaving next year. To go to dun dun dun canada. everyone leaves. also, i've discovered that i cannot make two-person conversation irl for long. except, like, three people.
basically: stress stress stress stress fucked up social life also this period is not helping at all

LaurenM 03-28-2014 02:40 PM

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND MY FRIEND JUST TOLD ME THAT SHE THINKS SHE MIGHT BE Bi IDK I'M JUST YAYING FOR SOME REASON

rebecca 03-28-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 524131)
I was wrong

I'm here if you want to email me and talk.

pluzzle 03-28-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 524140)
i get you about the competitiveness i feel like that all the time. i can't let my friend be better than me in english even though she's lived in america for seven years of her life, i can't let her be better than me in chinese BECAUSE she's lived in america for seven years of her life. it's only when she gets a lower mark than i do that i'm content, from compositions to test papers.

update on my own life (though i doubt that anyone reads my posts)
2048 is ruining it, and also the coming piano exam is making stress rain down on me, plus chinese tests and english tests and a computer literacy test on actionscript3.0 adobe flash thingymajiggies. in wsc, this club i'm in, are the fandom-y nerdy people and it's not exactly big, and one of them is leaving next year. To go to dun dun dun canada. everyone leaves. also, i've discovered that i cannot make two-person conversation irl for long. except, like, three people.
basically: stress stress stress stress fucked up social life also this period is not helping at all

i have 2048 ^_^ highest ive gotten is 512 haha
wow you have a lot to do???
ahhh idk i send hugs :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 524143)
I'm here if you want to email me and talk.

okie

HeatherB 03-28-2014 09:47 PM

i just love her so much i dont even know what to do with myself and i see her weekly but i miss her so much too idk it's stupid this is stupid i love her so much she's so impossibly beautiful and she'll never know what i see but i love her i love her i love her and i don't know if she's still in love with me but i love her and i wish i could tell her in a way that would make her believe me and i know she thinks we didn't work out but i think we could make it work i just want to love her and have her accept my love it doesn't even matter if she doesn't love me in return p.s. this is the most pathetic thing ive ever written probably but it's also really true

pluzzle 03-29-2014 03:54 AM

asdfghjkl; idk heather idk IDK IKD!jkrfklsmd,x how 2 help

I was gonna write this thing about i hate ppl who ____ but then it's just like i hate people