The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

cheezemziez 07-09-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayneWolf (Post 313733)
Okay, I don't usually reply to these type of things, but here it goes:
First of all, I am extremely dissappinted in your mom. She has no right to yell and cuss at you. As a mother, she is supposed to encourage you in whatever you do, even if that means quitting piano. Also, if quitting piano is what you want, you should do it.
Finally, I think that you and your mother should have a good heart to heart chat. One day, when she isn't all steamy and mad, bring her aside, and ask her if you two can talk somewhere privately. Thats what me and my mom do. When I am mad at her, and she is angry at me, we talk about it, cry about it, yell about it, hug about it, and then once all of our differences are done arguing with each other, we make up cause now we know why we we were so mad at each other and we now know how to make it better. Maybe thats what you guys have to do. I dont know, but its sounds as if you two are holding a lot tension.

Now, you dont have to do that, its just a suggestion. I am not too good at giving advice, but I hope this helps some.

Thanks, this was actually quite good. It's good to know that someone else has had this kind of problem before. I think I'll have to wait til the end of the week to talk to her at least, in case either of us go psycho, and my dad attempts to intervene.

MaryElizabeth 07-09-2012 04:46 PM

Cheeze, try explaining to her that you really didn't mean to come off as rude, or even realize that you were.

cheezemziez 07-09-2012 04:50 PM

I think I'll try, but a bit later. She thinks that I'm asleep right now. >.> Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.

Emaafre 07-09-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 313451)
You should.
That's what CC's for. If you think your writing is not good, you need more critique. Unless you're the kind who ignores all the advice and only takes offence.
Meh, maybe you need more inspiration. Do you keep starting new stories?

I never said the CC was offensive... did it seem like thats what i was saying?

AlgebraAddict 07-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emaafre (Post 313762)
I never said the CC was offensive... did it seem like thats what i was saying?

Kind of. Try writing in the rain, if you're describing a scene in the rain, or in a silent room if you're writing about silence.

LaurenM 07-09-2012 11:00 PM

Hmm...I didn't get into the middle school I wanted. The one I'm going to...we have to wear Qipaos. Dark blue Qipaos, thankfully. I think I'll just stick to the P.E. uniform.

cheezemziez 07-10-2012 09:59 AM

I feel sorry for you. They aren't exactly the most comfortable of clothes, are they?

cheezemziez 07-10-2012 10:02 AM

This morning, my mum seemed like she was in a good mood, so I asked her if she (still) found my voice rude. Even though I used the same tone of voice etc, she told me that she didn't, and that originally she had found it annoying rather than rude. When I once again asked her why this was, she started talking about the piano thing again, and how I hadn't answered her question, even though I had asked mine first and she hadn't answered it.

Now I'm just confused.

DragonRider 07-10-2012 10:21 AM

O_e
Right. No wonder you are confused. I am too. *scratches head*
Oops. Forgot to talk to you 'bout it today. Will tomorrow. Will write reminder on hand.

AlgebraAddict 07-10-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezemziez (Post 314150)
This morning, my mum seemed like she was in a good mood, so I asked her if she (still) found my voice rude. Even though I used the same tone of voice etc, she told me that she didn't, and that originally she had found it annoying rather than rude. When I once again asked her why this was, she started talking about the piano thing again, and how I hadn't answered her question, even though I had asked mine first and she hadn't answered it.

Now I'm just confused.

She's probably just having hormones. Or else she's pregnant, which generally puts my mother in a foul mood for nine months. My mom was under hormones a few months ago and completely freaked out on us... It was pretty awful.