The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

LaurenM 07-17-2012 09:51 PM

Indeed.
In fact, I think the majority of posts are about cloggers and how 'melodramatic' people are. You say LST's an exception. How about mistborn's friend? How about Sandy?
My dad plugged out my USB before I could save my story and dragged me to the ground. And deleted my account on his laptop ;.;

LaurenM 07-17-2012 09:54 PM

I can't help but notice that ME seems to second every one of Esther and Rebecca's post.

Sandy 07-17-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 318226)
Do you have the delusion that I am self-righteous? I haven't dodged hormones in any way; in fact, I've been extremely hormonal before, I just didn't realize at the time. I sometimes snap back to the "OMIGAWD NO ONE LIKES ME I HATE MY PARENTS IM NOT PRETTY I WANNA DIE" mentality of most teenagers, but I've realized how fricking moronic I look when I do throw a tearful fit or throw a snide comment at my mom.

So, althought you know that the pain is short-lived but intense, is it that difficult for you to just take a moment and try to help whoever the mood swings have decided to strike next? Sure, they may get up on their own within five minutes, but what if they don't? And besides, what is the cost of lending someone some kind words so they're not so alone anymore? Not everyone survives adolescent hormonal changes, you know. It's difficult, especially when things get very intense.
I understand where you're coming from, I'm sure that everyone has a part of them that feels the same way. I mean, come on, who can look at someone bawling over something unreasonable and say, "Yes, the reason that you're in pain right now is totally legit," and as is plainly stated above, even you find your own hormonal moments to be unreasonable. But some people don't have this, you know? They don't have the luxury of not taking their hormones seriously. Because they don't, they're experiencing real pain, real problems, real hurt, and a real no way out.
Why do you think suicide rates are so high not only in adolescence, when a child's body is preparing for adulthood, for reproduction, for maturity, and when an adult's body is changing to prepare for settling down, taking it easy, and getting older?
HORMONES.
Hormones are not something to be so quickly dismissed. It's largely why I don't take offense when someone points to them as the cause of my problems.
This is how I look at it. If they can kill people, you should probably take them seriously. Even if they're not killing you.
It's not that difficult to just have a little bit of empathy for someone. And if that's too hard, maybe not bashing their problems and making them feel like insignificant little nothings would be more ideal.

(*shrug*)
Sorry bro, but it had to be said. Nothing personal here. It's just that this IS the venting thread, after all, and I do believe things should be used for their intended purpose.

Sandy 07-17-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 318237)
Indeed.
In fact, I think the majority of posts are about cloggers and how 'melodramatic' people are. You say LST's an exception. How about mistborn's friend? How about Sandy?
My dad plugged out my USB before I could save my story and dragged me to the ground. And deleted my account on his laptop ;.;

Thanks. <:^J
And what the frap, why would he do that? o_O The only time I've experienced something mildly resembling that would be when my mom kept inunintentionally chucking out my art project, so I had to keep redoing it three times (all of which she threw out) until I just ditched it for good. :^I

LaurenM 07-17-2012 10:11 PM

He was talking about something he talked for about a hundred times (Publishing a book that I was originally going to get published but then ditched it for another one) and I said 'blah blah blah'.
Meh, I knew that was rude. And when he calmed down he let me save back my files into my USB before he deleted my account. He was on the verge of slapping me until mum pulled him back.

MaryElizabeth 07-17-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 318237)
In fact, I think the majority of posts are about cloggers and how 'melodramatic' people are. You say LST's an exception. How about mistborn's friend? How about Sandy?

Mistborn gives reason. Sandy has issues. I didn't say that LST was the only exception, I just named him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 318240)
I can't help but notice that ME seems to second every one of Esther and Rebecca's post.

They are quite intelligent. I'm not favoring them because they are my friends. I've called Esther out on one of her posts before, in fact.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 318246)
So, althought you know that the pain is short-lived but intense, is it that difficult for you to just take a moment and try to help whoever the mood swings have decided to strike next? Sure, they may get up on their own within five minutes, but what if they don't? And besides, what is the cost of lending someone some kind words so they're not so alone anymore? Not everyone survives adolescent hormonal changes, you know. It's difficult, especially when things get very intense.
I understand where you're coming from, I'm sure that everyone has a part of them that feels the same way. I mean, come on, who can look at someone bawling over something unreasonable and say, "Yes, the reason that you're in pain right now is totally legit," and as is plainly stated above, even you find your own hormonal moments to be unreasonable. But some people don't have this, you know? They don't have the luxury of not taking their hormones seriously. Because they don't, they're experiencing real pain, real problems, real hurt, and a real no way out.
Why do you think suicide rates are so high not only in adolescence, when a child's body is preparing for adulthood, for reproduction, for maturity, and when an adult's body is changing to prepare for settling down, taking it easy, and getting older?
HORMONES.
Hormones are not something to be so quickly dismissed. It's largely why I don't take offense when someone points to them as the cause of my problems.
This is how I look at it. If they can kill people, you should probably take them seriously. Even if they're not killing you.
It's not that difficult to just have a little bit of empathy for someone. And if that's too hard, maybe not bashing their problems and making them feel like insignificant little nothings would be more ideal.

(*shrug*)
Sorry bro, but it had to be said. Nothing personal here. It's just that this IS the venting thread, after all, and I do believe things should be used for their intended purpose.

*sigh* I see that this will be a circular debate. I surrender.

LaurenM 07-17-2012 10:15 PM

And Esther vice versa...she changes her opinion one you say your part with a 'Yeah...', followed by a random smiley.

MaryElizabeth 07-17-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 318262)
And Esther vice versa...she changes her opinion one you say your part with a 'Yeah...', followed by a random smiley.

She is wise. She knows that it is useless to fight.

GabiDi 07-17-2012 10:17 PM

I can't be the only one who feels like no one's going to want to share their inner feelings on here anymore...?

LaurenM 07-17-2012 10:20 PM

Now you mention it, kind of. Nothing melodramatically hormonal. How nice. ME should be pleased.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.