The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

AlgebraAddict 08-08-2012 01:29 AM

When you go forward, lean back super far. Simple. Try it real low at first, and then get higher. Try to avoid the really hard plastic swings, because they will hit your butt hard when you land.

LaurenM 08-08-2012 01:31 AM

Do a somersault in the air?!

AlgebraAddict 08-08-2012 01:35 AM

No. Try doing it super low, putting your back on the seat of the swing. Put your hands low, and flip backwards. Once you get the hand of that, do it from a sitting position. Then go higher. When you get high enough, you can let go at the end and send yourself flying.

AlgebraAddict 08-08-2012 01:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGIE...ailpage#t=112s

rebecca 08-08-2012 02:32 AM

I usually just jump off swings.

LaurenM 08-08-2012 03:25 AM

Me too...that seems hard. But I can try to do it when the playground is empty...

L.S.Trendom 08-08-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nngo (Post 327728)
Maybe you're not getting enough sleep, ot on some sort of caffeine crash, and loneliness, combined with your sometimes emotionlessness. Because being completely away from most people can sort of be frustrating like that, even for extreme introverts. I'm not sure where the problem really stems from.

Maybe you need to relax. High school might actually do some good, not really with relaxing, but the making-friends-and-having-fun part.

And I will repeat the age old words that people say to people who are about to commit suicide, even though you are not about to commit suicide.

IT GETS BETTER.

No, honestly, it will, and in no time at all, you'll be travelling out of your rural area and off to some apartment in some city with a Dr. Who themed bedroom. Maybe not exactly, but something along the lines of IT GETS BETTER. Even though you're sort of stuck in the middle of your room in the middle of somwhere you don't want to be with a completely empty, devoid-of-emotion feeling. I suggest going to sleep, waking up to a happy song, drinking coffee, and jumping outdoors or doing something you enjoy doing a lot. Or do free writing, getting all your thoughts out without editing anything.

And if you still can't feel a thing, maybe you should watch those 8 minute long videos that challenge you not to laugh and are full of hilarious cat memes. Or request a family member to tickle you. Or get into an argument with a family member until you get mad. If that doesn't work, come back to Kidpub and we'll give you far more extreme measures. ;)

I'm not the best at giving advice and all that schtuff, but um, hopefully that helped.

I don't think it's sleep… Except I sometimes zone out, which is probably because of that. And I've only had caffeine, like, once this past week. :P

Dunno if I'm an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between…

I don't really feel stressed out. :P Most of the time.

Doctor Who–themed bedroom? Awesomeness. :'D Except I'm kind of terrified of growing up… Change in general, growing older, worry I won't succeed, and Asphodel-ish-ness associated with adulthood.
I think I will try waking up to a happy song/a song that makes me happy. Hopefully the beginning is loud enough. x3

Sometimes… it doesn't really feel so much like emotionlessness as… *le metaphor* I'm standing in a room, with my emotions drifting around, and I feel whatever I focus on. But I'm staring into an empty corner and I can't look away; I only see glimpses of the emotions out of the corner of my eye. I know they're there, but I don't feel them. And sometimes I look an emotion—usually angst/depression—and then I can't look away, it fills my vision until my metaphorical eyes just drift back to staring at the corner.
And I think the walls are of a curious conglomeration of depression and apathy and pure caffeine/spazziness. *Nods*
/hugs metaphors/
NONOTTICKLING D: XD

Thanks. :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 327737)
Or flipping off of swings. >:3

o.o That'd be beast.

LaurenM 08-08-2012 11:43 AM

I daren't do that. Especially when I attempted the simple exercise (swinging with your feet pointing at the sky) and I kind of twisted my neck.

LaurenM 08-08-2012 11:52 AM

I hate my mother. I hate my neck more, though.
Last year I kind of cricked my neck on a trip to Kenya and it had a detrimental effect since. When I played the ten-looped rollercoaster in Chimelong it huuuurt and I had to go to this Chinese place where people massage your neck so hard it hurts and stuffs. Earlier this year I had to go again, since I went on a similar ride in Hong Kong.
Last week I played a mild-ish one, and it hurt a bit. What sucks is that I'm trying to find some ride that really sets the adrenaline through my veins, since I'm practically immune to rollercoaster rides now.
._.

GabiDi 08-08-2012 08:50 PM

Eh, waiiiit a second. Wait.