The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

maxi 01-05-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 399725)
like who??

They just seem like they are the bosses of KidPub but I am not saying any names--some newbies consider them "amazing" because they are new and expect to instantly gain friends when they need to start writing first other than just have friends at first. It just annoys me like they want everything their way; they want everything to be as their own and it is fricking frapping annoying.

Lily09 01-05-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 399729)
They just seem like they are the bosses of KidPub but I am not saying any names--some newbies consider them "amazing" because they are new and expect to instantly gain friends when they need to start writing first other than just have friends at first. It just annoys me like they want everything their way; they want everything to be as their own and it is fricking frapping annoying.

OKAY THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT?!
We all had that newbie stage, me, you, everyone. But it seems like the only thing newcomers on KP want are compliments. Not all, but a lot. A lot of them seem to praise their work highly and think that there is no room for improvement at all, when in fact, YES THERE IS! It really annoys me and it's the reason why I rarely ever read anything on the main page. I'll read the stuff that I KNOW are from good writers, but I'm a lot more cautious on reading newbies' stuff because sometimes, to be honest, it is just awful. I'm not saying that that's a problem, because it can be improved with CC, but when I look in the comments and there's a fight going on because the newcomer is fighting with another because apparently, their work is "amazing". Uh, no. Also when people give out CC and are called "mean". No, they have to understand the difference between criticism and constructive criticism. It bothers me because it seems like a lot of newcomers are really ignorant and think their writing is amazing and reject CC, when there are writers on KP who have to beg and promote their stories for CC.
Not all newcomers, but a lot.

Rant over.

maxi 01-05-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 399741)
OKAY THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT?!
We all had that newbie stage, me, you, everyone. But it seems like the only thing newcomers on KP are compliments. Not all, but a lot. A lot of them seem to praise their work highly and think that there is no room for improvement at all, when in fact, YES THERE IS! It really annoys me and it's the reason why I rarely ever read anything on the main page. I'll read the stuff that I KNOW are from good writers, but I'm a lot more cautious on reading newbies' stuff because sometimes, to be honest, it is just awful. I'm not saying that that's a problem, because it can be improved with CC, but when I look in the comments and there's a fight going on because the newcomer is fighting with another because apparently, their work is "amazing". Uh, no. Also when people give out CC and are called "mean". No, they have to understand the difference between criticism and constructive criticism. It bothers me because it seems like a lot of newcomers are really ignorant and think their writing is amazing and reject CC, when there are writers on KP who have to beg and promote their stories for CC.
Not all newcomers, but a lot.

Rant over.

To me, all I want in my book series, is for it to be layed out nice with plotting and planning and I only want people to read it because of CC. CC is highly appreciated when it comes to writing for me and it always used to be. I've always wanted my book to be a good novel and didn't expect anybody to enjoy it or accept it as a good novel but, anywho, they enjoyed it. Great but I still am not completely satisified with my work even if they say "Don't change it; your work is amazing!" I still want to change it because I am the author of it and should be able to change anything of my work because I can if I want to. What you said about them thinking that CC is "mean" and "I don't really need it because I love my bad spelling." That is really and honestly true. They all seriously think that 200 words for a chapter is incredibly long when actually it's...plain boring. They think that a prologue for 50 words is just amazing - yep sure. They don't want CC because they want popularity and if they keep wanting that, their book's popularity (well, that doesn't matter) and quality isn't going to work very well in the future because their work won't be the best. Yes, to be honest, some of the newbie's work are awful. Judging from many good newbies such as Ash and Leloo and even Kendra, they were all frapping amazing but now the newbies that come on - their work is just...bad. I don't like it - not at all.
Ramble.
Sorry.

Lily09 01-05-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 399745)
To me, all I want in my book series, is for it to be layed out nice with plotting and planning and I only want people to read it because of CC. CC is highly appreciated when it comes to writing for me and it always used to be. I've always wanted my book to be a good novel and didn't expect anybody to enjoy it or accept it as a good novel but, anywho, they enjoyed it. Great but I still am not completely satisified with my work even if they say "Don't change it; your work is amazing!" I still want to change it because I am the author of it and should be able to change anything of my work because I can if I want to. What you said about them thinking that CC is "mean" and "I don't really need it because I love my bad spelling." That is really and honestly true. They all seriously think that 200 words for a chapter is incredibly long when actually it's...plain boring. They think that a prologue for 50 words is just amazing - yep sure. They don't want CC because they want popularity and if they keep wanting that, their book's popularity (well, that doesn't matter) and quality isn't going to work very well in the future because their work won't be the best. Yes, to be honest, some of the newbie's work are awful. Judging from many good newbies such as Ash and Leloo and even Kendra, they were all frapping amazing but now the newbies that come on - their work is just...bad. I don't like it - not at all.
Ramble.
Sorry.

Yeah, I completely get it.

maxi 01-05-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 399748)
Yeah, I completely get it.

DX Thanks. Sometimes - sometimes, I hate when newbies act stupidly.

maxi 01-05-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 399778)
I wrote a prologue today, just on my ipad. 804 words... Short DX

Was I a bad newbie?

I am not saying anyone was bad - i am not pointing any names but some people just don't consider taking their writing to a different stage - to consider what there else there could be.

maxi 01-05-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 399779)
iuhseihofdsnofds

._. but there are good writers

Yes, but we are just ranting about the "bad" ones or the ones that need more help but don't care about CC.

rebecca 01-05-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 399778)
I wrote a prologue today, just on my ipad. 804 words... Short DX

Was I a bad newbie?

I have no idea. I never saw you as a newbie. I was a stupid newbie. I clogged, I spazzed out all over WB and I was an absolute moron.

rebecca 01-05-2013 04:53 AM

Oh Lord, past Rebecca. It was not until I changed my main page name to Tygress that I was even halfway to awesome.

rebecca 01-05-2013 04:55 AM

YOU HAS FOOD! What kind?!