The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

maxi 11-14-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 363197)
Of course! What's wrong? o_o

How much word count I am doing in my chapters. x_x I always TRY to do 5,000 words per chapter and it ends up being 1,000. c_c

maxi 11-14-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 363196)
Sometimes, publishers re-order the pages when it's translated to English, but you still have to read the pages from the bottom to the top, just not starting at the last page in the book and ending on the first. x_X

JAPAN Y U SO WEIRD? e_e

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...l82po1_400.gif
^^^^Japan being weird in Hetalia. XD

I got a YouTube account so I can watch Hetalia now!!! :D

maxi 11-14-2012 01:46 AM

Where should I start watching Hetalia? Ash, can you gimme a link?

maxi 11-14-2012 01:51 AM

Ash...d_d Are you on?

TheAshWolf 11-14-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 363198)
How much word count I am doing in my chapters. x_x I always TRY to do 5,000 words per chapter and it ends up being 1,000. c_c

Aw, I'm sorry, Maxi... D: Word count can be frustrating.

Are you having trouble with word count for just one story or with all of them? Your description skills have improved incredibly over the past year, you know. :D That really does help the word count of chapters. If you want to make it a bit longer, try to always add some kind of description to something someone said, even if it's brief.

EXAMPLE:

Instead of,
Bob said, "I don't know what to do!"
"Hmm...let me think," Bill replied. "Wait, I've got it!"
"What do you've got?"
"The answer, stupid."
"Ohhhh. Good!"

Write,
Bob pulled at his hair and said, "I don't know what to do!"
"Hmm...let me think," Bill replied. He stayed silent for a long moment, his brow furrowed. A smile suddenly spread across his face. "Wait, I've got it!"
Bob stared at him blankly. "What do you've got?"
Bill rolled his eyes. "The answer, stupid," he huffed.
Bob nodded slowly. "Ohhhh. Good!"

See how that makes it a bit longer? ^_^ Just adding those simple tags helps the word count, plus helps the reader experience what's going on. It's a skill can be a bit hard to develop, but once you've got it, it's like riding a bike--you don't forget how to do it, and you don't even have to think about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 363200)
I got a YouTube account so I can watch Hetalia now!!! :D

AWESOME. O_O XD Tell me what you think of it!!!

TheAshWolf 11-14-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 363202)
Where should I start watching Hetalia? Ash, can you gimme a link?

I shall go get one! :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 363203)
Ash...d_d Are you on?

D: Sorry! I keep coughing, and it makes typing extremely hard. x_x

maxi 11-14-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 363204)
Aw, I'm sorry, Maxi... D: Word count can be frustrating.

Are you having trouble with word count for just one story or with all of them? Your description skills have improved incredibly over the past year, you know. :D That really does help the word count of chapters. If you want to make it a bit longer, try to always add some kind of description to something someone said, even if it's brief.

EXAMPLE:

Instead of,
Bob said, "I don't know what to do!"
"Hmm...let me think," Bill replied. "Wait, I've got it!"
"What do you've got?"
"The answer, stupid."
"Ohhhh. Good!"

Write,
Bob pulled at his hair and said, "I don't know what to do!"
"Hmm...let me think," Bill replied. He stayed silent for a long moment, his brow furrowed. A smile suddenly spread across his face. "Wait, I've got it!"
Bob stared at him blankly. "What do you've got?"
Bill rolled his eyes. "The answer, stupid," he huffed.
Bob nodded slowly. "Ohhhh. Good!"

See how that makes it a bit longer? ^_^ Just adding those simple tags helps the word count, plus helps the reader experience what's going on. It's a skill can be a bit hard to develop, but once you've got it, it's like riding a bike--you don't forget how to do it, and you don't even have to think about it.

AWESOME. O_O XD Tell me what you think of it!!!

Thanks, Ash. <:^J I just need to work on it a bit more.

France is so "Yep, I'll just be standing here...no problem.". XD Book Two of FW is, like, 800 words but now, I think I can make it over 2 000.

TheAshWolf 11-14-2012 02:01 AM

For Max:
So, in a nutshell, seasons 1 through 2 of Hetalia is called "Axis Powers" and seasons 3 through 4 is called "World Series" so...try not to get those two mixed up while you're searching for episodes. <:^D

Axis Powers episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_i-XL_fm6E

Not all of the English dubbed episodes are up, so, at one point, you'll have to start reading the English subs. Sorry. :^B

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAA. 8D

maxi 11-14-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 363209)
So, in a nutshell, seasons 1 through 2 of Hetalia is called "Axis Powers" and seasons 3 through 4 is called "World Series" so...try not to get those two mixed up while you're searching for episodes. <:^D

Axis Powers episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_i-XL_fm6E

Not all of the English dubbed episodes are up, so, at one point, you'll have to start reading the English subs. Sorry. :^B

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAA. 8D

I watched episode 1 earlier today.

I luff America's personality. And Italy....

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. 8D As you said.

TheAshWolf 11-14-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 363207)
Thanks, Ash. <:^J I just need to work on it a bit more.

France is so "Yep, I'll just be standing here...no problem.". XD Book Two of FW is, like, 800 words but now, I think I can make it over 2 000.

You're welcome! I hope that helped. <:^D

XD That's actually Germany. (.....All these online "Which Hetalia Character Are You?" quizzes keep telling me I'm most like Germany...o_o...which...kind of makes sense...and that scares and amuses me at the same time! XD XD DX DX)