The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Book Clubs (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Once Upon a Time Fan Club! :D (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2104)

LizzieS 01-02-2014 07:31 PM

what if hook is trying to convince cursed emma
and cursed henry hears them talking
and hook is like "but the fairytales, emma. they're real!"
and henry says, "fairytales aren't real. that's stupid."

http://i.imgur.com/VDmoh.gif

Fallen_Star 01-02-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieS (Post 511554)
what if hook is trying to convince cursed emma
and cursed henry hears them talking
and hook is like "but the fairytales, emma. they're real!"
and henry says, "fairytales aren't real. that's stupid."

http://i.imgur.com/VDmoh.gif

Stooooop no. Godric but that sounds like it could be a thing and everyone in the fandom would stand up at the same time and scream "SHUT UP HENRY YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!" Meehehehehe bleh.

Also, do you think Snow and Charming and friends remember? We know Emma can't because it's like Storybrooke never existed at all, but when Snow turned up in the Enchanted Forest, Aurora was there and Snow said, "We're back," so it would seem they do remember.

Also jejehfhsjkdvvjthgjbl I don't understand the promo, they're in the Enchanted Forest but then in some scenes they're in modern clothes and I NEED TO KNOW WHY!

Also it looks like they go back to their world and time has passed and all that, what with Aurora being there, so what does that mean for, say, the Lost Boys? They were in Storybrooke. Do they get sent to their old homes only to find everyone they love dead?

And my gosh if they leave Dr. Whale to rot in the Land Without Color because he's just not important enough or whatever I will kill everything.

Also if Henry is related to anyone from Oz.

LizzieS 01-02-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen_Star (Post 511590)
Stooooop no. Godric but that sounds like it could be a thing and everyone in the fandom would stand up at the same time and scream "SHUT UP HENRY YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!" Meehehehehe bleh.

Also, do you think Snow and Charming and friends remember? We know Emma can't because it's like Storybrooke never existed at all, but when Snow turned up in the Enchanted Forest, Aurora was there and Snow said, "We're back," so it would seem they do remember.

Also jejehfhsjkdvvjthgjbl I don't understand the promo, they're in the Enchanted Forest but then in some scenes they're in modern clothes and I NEED TO KNOW WHY!

Also it looks like they go back to their world and time has passed and all that, what with Aurora being there, so what does that mean for, say, the Lost Boys? They were in Storybrooke. Do they get sent to their old homes only to find everyone they love dead?

And my gosh if they leave Dr. Whale to rot in the Land Without Color because he's just not important enough or whatever I will kill everything.

Also if Henry is related to anyone from Oz.

But the thing is IT DOESN'T WORK. If it were really as though everything were being reversed, Emma would be a baby and Henry wouldn't exist. Neal would go back to New York or Boston or wherever he was before he met Emma. Pinocchio would never have become August. Tink would go back to Neverland, and so would the Lost Boys and Wendy. And who knows what would have happened to John and Michael, because they wouldn't be searching for Henry. The boy that would be Rumple's undoing wouldn't exist. And Rumple, Pan, Cora, etc. would still be alive.

You can't just say "it'll be as though Storybrooke never existed" if you're not actually going to go through with it.

LizzieS 01-03-2014 09:38 AM

OMPJ there is just so much character depth in season one that none of us noticed at the time.

For example, The Shepherd. The one about Prince Charming's back story. Kathryn throws a party for David, and at the party Regina's talking to her and says something like, "I know how you feel. I lost someone I loved once, too, but there's no bringing him back." And this is long before they show Regina and Daniel's back story.

Right after that Kathryn is leaving the room to find David and she says to Regina, "I'm so glad you're my friend." Regina looks surprised and says, "I've never really had friends," and Kathryn smiles and says, "Well, now you do."

So when Regina confronts Mary Margaret later in the episode and tells her to stay away from David, she's not just doing it to keep Mary Margaret and David apart. She's doing it because Kathryn's her friend, and she wants Kathryn to be happy because Kathryn loves David.

Fallen_Star 01-03-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieS (Post 511597)
But the thing is IT DOESN'T WORK. If it were really as though everything were being reversed, Emma would be a baby and Henry wouldn't exist. Neal would go back to New York or Boston or wherever he was before he met Emma. Pinocchio would never have become August. Tink would go back to Neverland, and so would the Lost Boys and Wendy. And who knows what would have happened to John and Michael, because they wouldn't be searching for Henry. The boy that would be Rumple's undoing wouldn't exist. And Rumple, Pan, Cora, etc. would still be alive.

You can't just say "it'll be as though Storybrooke never existed" if you're not actually going to go through with it.

You know what, this post is inherently a spoiler so I won't bother to white things out. Just avoid this until you've seen season three!

Maybe they didn't pick the best way to say it? It's not just that Storybrooke never existed, it's as though the curse never happened. So what does that change? Cue over-analysis!

Actually, after thinking about it for a while...gaaaah! I'm trying to think of something that would justify it all. First let's go with what would happen if the curse had never happened.

Let's start and end with Emma. Emma would never have been sent through the wardrobe, as there was no need for her to break the curse. She would have grown up in Fairytale Land, Charming and Snow would have their happily-ever-after.

Regina would have sat in her castle, angry and jealous, and probably tried to kill the Charmings a few more times. Rumplestiltskin would have remained in jail and never reunited with Baelfire. Hook would probably keep searching for him, maybe find and kill him.

Heck, maybe Hook would have found Cora in Wonderland anyway and Cora would go off to find Regina. And they'd tried to take over Fairytale Land just like they did Storybrooke. It probably wouldn't work but you never know.

Tinkerbell would still be exiled to Neverland. Regina running out on her soul mate and Tink losing her wings was never affected by the curse. Peter would still be king of Neverland, the whole Wendy/Baelfire/Peter story would still play out. Bae would go off to Neverland, escape, live in our world until he died.

Except Emma is the savior and that's why she could escape the curse. If this is what happened when Peter's curse was broken (making it as though Regina's curse never happened), then...well then I have no freaking idea. Would it undo everything entirely? Probably. Would Henry cease to exist? Most likely. So it seems this isn't what happened.

Onto the next theory!

Fallen_Star 01-03-2014 10:06 PM

Still inherently a spoiler.

Now, a theory where Storybrooke never existed--there was still a curse, but because Regina breaks it later on, as soon as the curse is enacted in Fairytale Land it fizzles into nothing upon reaching our world. *shrug* Doesn't really make sense, but whatever.

So everything in Fairytale Land happened up to when the curse sweeps them away. Everything with Rumplestiltskin and Regina and all that. Baelfire went away to England (and then Neverland and then our world), Emma and Pinocchio go through the wardrobe, so on and so forth.

In this theory, I imagine Emma and Neal meeting each other and having Henry (after all, "Do you think it was a coincidence your mother met the spawn of the Dark One?" [Peter Pan quote])...

BUT OMPJ WHY WOULD NEAL LEAVE HER IF AUGUST DIDN'T MAKE HIM?

So there's a hole in that one. But it would seem he does leave, for some reason, and somehow that's what breaks this theory to pieces. I can never see a world where Neal up and leaves her for no reason whatsoever. He may have made a mistake in letting her take the fall for him, but he had a reason and it was solid and my gosh he's so sweet.

Anyway, I still want to see this to its end. Emma and Henry have their memories of a life where Emma never gave him up.

Well, I imagine the curse just fizzles out and fades back, leaving Regina, Snow, Charming (oh Godric he'd still be dying and no modern medicine I CAN'T) exactly as they were. And things happen...? Something to that effect.

Next, last theory! This is the one I think's closest to accurate.

Fallen_Star 01-03-2014 10:26 PM

Last inherent spoilery post.

It's as though Storybrooke never existed. Everything in it still happened, the curse, all three seasons--you know, all those things that made us sob uncontrollably and/or scream with joy.

For example, sobbing:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/57a2073d5...enaxo1_500.gif
and screaming:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...o0qlo1_500.gif
(I'm in a Rumbelle mood, can you tell?)

Then it comes back to the winter finale, and Regina's got to break the curse. Not undo it, not reverse it, but break it. Send them back home and make them all just fairytales again. Regina gives Emma and Henry happy memories because it is as though Storybrooke never existed, but it did.

Our lovely fairytale characters go back to Fairytale Land, but time has passed since they left. It is the Fairytale Land we've seen with Aurora and Mulan. I think this would mean that Wendy, John, and Michael (if they were still in Storybrooke) would go back to the site of their old house, but it would be in the modern world. Same with the Lost Boys.

Things I think prove this theory:

(I would have had a gif of the car driving out of the curse-cloud here, but I have too many images.)
Emma and Henry keep the car that Emma stole, which by all rights she wouldn't have had, had she not met Neal. This could be explained away by the curse-cloud not touching it, though.

http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2013...fcac9_Once.gif
Hook remembers Emma. But this one can be explained by Hook's true love for her.

But my favorite, and I think the hardest to explain away--
http://31.media.tumblr.com/74c58af74...itfmo4_250.gif
Look at her wrist. That's Graham's shoelace.

Fallen_Star 01-03-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzieS (Post 511668)
OMPJ there is just so much character depth in season one that none of us noticed at the time.

For example, The Shepherd. The one about Prince Charming's back story. Kathryn throws a party for David, and at the party Regina's talking to her and says something like, "I know how you feel. I lost someone I loved once, too, but there's no bringing him back." And this is long before they show Regina and Daniel's back story.

Right after that Kathryn is leaving the room to find David and she says to Regina, "I'm so glad you're my friend." Regina looks surprised and says, "I've never really had friends," and Kathryn smiles and says, "Well, now you do."

So when Regina confronts Mary Margaret later in the episode and tells her to stay away from David, she's not just doing it to keep Mary Margaret and David apart. She's doing it because Kathryn's her friend, and she wants Kathryn to be happy because Kathryn loves David.

WHY DID WE EVER THINK REGINA WAS EVIL? I actually just can't imagine her ever being evil anymore. She's just...well, she overreacts, she's determined, yeah she can be really mean and...yeeeeeaaaah, she killed people, but...*shrug* I don't even know. She's, as cliche as it sounds, a misunderstood person.

This show. THIS FREAKING SHOW.
http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/2870191...story_main.jpg
(Because Jefferson is cool.)

maxi 01-03-2014 11:18 PM

i wanna feel the feelings that you guys are feeling

LizzieS 01-03-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen_Star (Post 511851)
WHY DID WE EVER THINK REGINA WAS EVIL? I actually just can't imagine her ever being evil anymore. She's just...well, she overreacts, she's determined, yeah she can be really mean and...yeeeeeaaaah, she killed people, but...*shrug* I don't even know. She's, as cliche as it sounds, a misunderstood person.

This show. THIS FREAKING SHOW.
http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/2870191...story_main.jpg
(Because Jefferson is cool.)

I really wish they had shown Kathryn in season two, after the curse was broken. As I recall, they sort of just ended her story once David chose Mary Margaret for good. But did she get reunited with Frederick?

And, gosh darnit, were she and Regina still friends after the curse??

Because that is really sad. That is really, truly sad if the curse caused Regina to actually make a friend only for her to be ripped away once the curse was broken.