The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

maxi 12-26-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 563278)
O_O but that sounds seriously badass and amazing though
The chronically anxious gay cellist story is now also known as the chronically anxious homoromantic asexual cellist story. Also she's about to meet an awesome girl who plays horn and has purple hair and a pretty voice <3

I guess it is. XD He's quite romantic, too, and flirted with another demon before cutting her eyes out, so... yeah he's p cool.
gtg

meerkat 12-26-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 563281)
I guess it is. XD He's quite romantic, too, and flirted with another demon before cutting her eyes out, so... yeah he's p cool.
gtg

Note to self: practice flirting so I can cut eyes out later. ^^

Bye!

Ember 12-27-2014 12:26 AM

Am I the only one who gets super annoyed when I see articles like "How to Become a Bestselling Author" and "How to Appeal to Readers to Make Sales"?

I mean, is that what writing has stooped to? Is that why people write now? No wonder there are so many crappy books. It's fine if you want to make money, I get that, it's how the world works. I just kind of viewed literature as something more pure and... different, I suppose. At least when I was younger. I realize that business is a part of it if you want to make a living, but... I don't know it seems blasphemous, to use an extreme term.

I know there are still people who write out of passion, but it just gets on my nerves a bit when I see articles like that.

meerkat 12-27-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ember (Post 563302)
Am I the only one who gets super annoyed when I see articles like "How to Become a Bestselling Author" and "How to Appeal to Readers to Make Sales"?

I mean, is that what writing has stooped to? Is that why people write now? No wonder there are so many crappy books. It's fine if you want to make money, I get that, it's how the world works. I just kind of viewed literature as something more pure and... different, I suppose. At least when I was younger. I realize that business is a part of it if you want to make a living, but... I don't know it seems blasphemous, to use an extreme term.

I know there are still people who write out of passion, but it just gets on my nerves a bit when I see articles like that.

*coughtwilightcoughfiftyshadesofgreycoughcough*

meerkat 12-27-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

The chronically anxious gay cellist story is now also known as the chronically anxious homoromantic asexual cellist story. Also she's about to meet an awesome girl who plays horn and has purple hair and a pretty voice <3

jk her hair isn't purple anymore it's red

Ember 12-27-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 563304)
*coughtwilightcoughfiftyshadesofgreycoughcough*

*coughcoughcough*

meerkat 12-27-2014 01:52 AM

well chapter two is up. PLEASE READ IT THERE'S A POSSIBLE SHIP (that may or may not be canon) AND IT'S TOO CUTE ALREADY OMG

rebecca 12-27-2014 04:04 AM

I talk to my parents about all my books. I've made it clear I write characters of many different sexualities. If they don't like it - my dad's fine, my mum can misunderstand things a bit (i.e., she once accidentally said she thought some people chose to be gay because one of her friends used to date women and now only dates men - meaning she's obviously chosen to be straight instead as, you know, being bisexual). I mean, aside from her lack of understanding about sexuality, she's usually great, and I do try to help her out.

EmmaR 12-27-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Oooh, cross-orchestral romance... forbidden passion between the horn and string sections...

EmmaR 12-27-2014 05:14 PM

I have to see if I have the torah in my room (do I even have it period??) because I'm revising a short play that's a biblical allegory and I want to read the actual portion but also it's boring and I don't want to read it... ficken mein arsch