The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

meerkat 12-31-2014 07:05 PM

trying to write a song and looking at all the music theory aspects of it instead of making lyrics that are okay D:

Ember 01-02-2015 02:16 AM

who hates the planning stage?

*raises hand*

EmmaR 01-02-2015 03:14 AM

I literally hate writing contest postmark deadlines. Online submissions 2k15 please

Cherrybomb 01-02-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ember (Post 563978)

*raises hand*

*raises all five of my hands and my feet as well*

EmmaR 01-02-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

*raises hand*

lmao what planning stage

rebecca 01-02-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

*raises hand*

For me, the planning is the best bit.
Because of how I plan I get to live it all as it happens. I pace around the house thinking scenes over. I get into character. I talk to myself. It's definitely weird, file it under eccentric writer syndrome. But it's so intense, emotional and beautiful I then have to write it down, and I can never quite do it justice. If I could write a novel just by thinking, it would be perfect.
Now writing, that's a different story. I have to coherently sew the scenes I've created together by replicating them in my head as accurately as I can and so form a narrative that makes sense. Unlike the little games I played while creating the world.

And it's never as raw or painful as when it first happened.

Seriously, planning is the easiest part. It all comes so easily, but getting the words down in the perfect order is almost impossible.

meerkat 01-02-2015 07:01 PM

My entire planning stage consists of making amazing characters with wonderful backstories and personalities and stuff... and having no plot.

saphiremoon 01-03-2015 06:23 PM

I'm usually really intense about plotting and structure, but I've been free writing today and it's so much fun. I've written more than three thousand words in around four hours, and it just feels so easy. So I think I might try free writing more often c:

((plus there's hot characters)) ((i love hot characters))

saphiremoon 01-07-2015 02:39 PM

so I was reading the last bits of the first scene in chapter eighteen in Shadow Realm, and I realized that I can't remember writing any of it

any of it whatsoever

how sleepy was I when I wrote it

Ember 01-10-2015 03:32 PM

okay so i have this idea i really like, but it takes place over the course of someone's lifetime and i don't even know how to write it because it's all these separate events that occur at different stages of his life and does anyone even know how to write like that because i do not.