The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

HazelHope 08-21-2016 11:52 AM

I wanna introduce a romance subplot

I'm worried it'll end up corny or forced-looking

I love these characters

The end.

Also the plot is that there are two guys and one's got a little crush and the other's aro and confused

I'm worried I'm gonna screw it up or just scrap it. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to write it if it isn't straight

SilverMoon 08-21-2016 01:19 PM

angsty gay necromancers with Jill

Garrett 08-21-2016 03:12 PM

I want to write so bad...god but i don't have any time. My stupid ciivcs teacher always gives us homework and I have other things to do and I never have any time to sit down and put in my headphones and write for hours and hours. I'm so frustrated.

SilverMoon 08-21-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 589079)
I want to write so bad...god but i don't have any time. My stupid ciivcs teacher always gives us homework and I have other things to do and I never have any time to sit down and put in my headphones and write for hours and hours. I'm so frustrated.

this is super relatable


(also im a shit writer so there's that)

AlgebraAddict 09-06-2016 07:53 PM

samuel is the absolute cutest omg
also emmy??? can she not be so pretty and adorable and funny shes going to accidentally steal my sammy's heart
oh yeah and they've both lost family members named emily and are depressed litle small ones but its ok bc they will (eventually) have each other :^o

anyways if you want to read a book with lots of death and pain and depression and moody teenage heroes/heroines, read The Death of a Honeybee:

https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...ing-1857159290

Gracithe1andonly 10-08-2016 06:41 PM

what is this sci-fi soap opera that I almost actually want to write?

Garrett 10-08-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 590311)
what is this sci-fi soap opera that I almost actually want to write?

ddo it please

HazelHope 10-15-2016 02:05 PM

4/5 main protags are male

for varying reasons i don't want to change genders (characters from friends, long-running characters i keep reusing, plot reasons)

but, as mentioned, 4/5 are male

ngrf.

AlgebraAddict 10-16-2016 08:50 PM

I have a really powerful prophetic oracle in my book and she's fourteen and a little bit awkward and a lot gay and she is honestly just so cute afhk;l
like
she sees her own death, but she doesn't want to tell her gf because she doesn't want to break her heart, so all the time they're talking about forever and stuff she knows she's going to be murdered in front of her gf's eyes and it's just so sad

rebecca 10-17-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 590433)
I have a really powerful prophetic oracle in my book and she's fourteen and a little bit awkward and a lot gay and she is honestly just so cute afhk;l
like
she sees her own death, but she doesn't want to tell her gf because she doesn't want to break her heart, so all the time they're talking about forever and stuff she knows she's going to be murdered in front of her gf's eyes and it's just so sad

that wd kill me pls continue writing it
also I was never online what no I was never posting here again im invisible

Frostblaze 10-19-2016 09:16 PM

i'm getting really excited about my nano project becauSE THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER I HAVE THESE REALLY PAINFUL BACKSTORIES FOR MY CHARACTERS AND MY MAIN CHARACTER IS AN AWKWARD CUTIE AND THIS ONE CHARACTER IS THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE GODDESS OF LOVE WHO IS A BADASS SO WHEN SHE CREATED HIM TO BE ACE/ARO BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE EXPECTED HIM TO BE A CLICHE HEARTBREAKER BUT HE STILL RADIATES CUTENESS AND THIS OTHER CHARACTER IS A PRECIOUS GIRL WHO KICKS BUTT BUT SHE'S KIND OF FRAGILE AND SHE'S TRIGGERED EASILY AND THIS LONELY ANGRY SAD CHARACTER HAS A THING FOR HER AND THIS ONE SMOL GAY BOY LOVES THE HOT ACE BOY AND THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE TOGETHER AND IM HAPPY WITH THESE NICE ROMANTIC SUBPLOTS AND THIS ONE COUPLE WHO PRETEND TO HATE EACH OTHER BUT WOULD DIE WITHOUT EACH OTHER LIKE IF THAT ISN'T THE BEST THING EVER GET OUT OF MY FACE

Frostblaze 10-19-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 590433)
I have a really powerful prophetic oracle in my book and she's fourteen and a little bit awkward and a lot gay and she is honestly just so cute afhk;l
like
she sees her own death, but she doesn't want to tell her gf because she doesn't want to break her heart, so all the time they're talking about forever and stuff she knows she's going to be murdered in front of her gf's eyes and it's just so sad

im going to throw a desk at your head how can u do this to me u monster

july3girl 10-19-2016 09:48 PM

guys this BOOK

ok so it's about this badass black lesbian general and she lives in this horrible society with her five friends, 1 is straight and latina (i imagine), 1 is bi and like japanese (i have this pic of this japanese model and ughh it's perfect), 1 is like afghan and doesn't want kids and is straight and ughh i love her and theres another girl who's also black and asexual and they're all so badass and great and i love them

AND THEN theres like a love hexagon with my main char and her friend who's bi and this guy who was like a concubine and his trans sister and ughh i'm so excited

AND THE WHOLE WORLD IS JUST <3 <3 like it's a matriarchy where the philosophy is that women are strong because they give birth, but obviously this doesn't work for people like our main or her friend who doesn't want kids or the asexual girl or people who just can't have kids or for our friend/love interest who has had two girls and just had a boy but boys are looked down upon and she's not allowed to keep him.

i'm so excited about this book.

Gracithe1andonly 10-19-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by july3girl (Post 590510)
guys this BOOK

ok so it's about this badass black lesbian general and she lives in this horrible society with her five friends, 1 is straight and latina (i imagine), 1 is bi and like japanese (i have this pic of this japanese model and ughh it's perfect), 1 is like afghan and doesn't want kids and is straight and ughh i love her and theres another girl who's also black and asexual and they're all so badass and great and i love them

AND THEN theres like a love hexagon with my main char and her friend who's bi and this guy who was like a concubine and his trans sister and ughh i'm so excited

AND THE WHOLE WORLD IS JUST <3 <3 like it's a matriarchy where the philosophy is that women are strong because they give birth, but obviously this doesn't work for people like our main or her friend who doesn't want kids or the asexual girl or people who just can't have kids or for our friend/love interest who has had two girls and just had a boy but boys are looked down upon and she's not allowed to keep him.

i'm so excited about this book.

I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK, PANDA.

I've also speculated about a matriarchal society, and I'd love to see your spin on one :P

july3girl 10-19-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 590512)
I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK, PANDA.

I've also speculated about a matriarchal society, and I'd love to see your spin on one :P

well, if i ever finish it, you're welcome to read it. i don't think i'm gonna post it here, but i could send it to yah. that could be in twenty years, maybe.

i think it's really interesting because it's not simply like "women are the best because they are women," just like how patriarchal societies aren't just "men are the best because they are men." there are REASONS, and i think it's cool how in some matriarchies the same reasons for why women are weak in a patriarchy are why women are strong in a matriarchy and vise versa. at the same time, some parts of patriarchal societies do hurt men, just like how in my book the main point of their matriarchal society harms many women. in the end, both are bad because they rely on unrealistic gender roles that don't work for EVERYONE, just very different roles depending on the culture.

Gracithe1andonly 11-27-2016 05:01 PM

"Russell was caught between confusion and a grin" is one of my favorite sentences I've ever written

Garrett 11-27-2016 07:37 PM

Ok so i've been kind of slacking in the writind department the past couple months and now i know why! Everytime my room is messy my writing goes into a depression. But I literally just cleaned my room today and I felt so inspired and wrote like 1,000 words out of no where and it felt like I'd only written 200 but it was 1,000 so go me.

If I can just keep my room clean then I can write a hella lot

Zelda 11-28-2016 10:09 PM

I keep having to figure out how character's got their nationalities.
like, Mercer is half-Finnish half-Chinese but he lives in the Middle East? How did his parents get there?
and this one new character is 100% the most stereotypical Hispanic ever and I have no idea how or when he ended up in NSE asdfghjkl i'm gonna have to change that.

otaku 11-28-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 591901)
I keep having to figure out how character's got their nationalities.
like, Mercer is half-Finnish half-Chinese but he lives in the Middle East? How did his parents get there?
and this one new character is 100% the most stereotypical Hispanic ever and I have no idea how or when he ended up in NSE asdfghjkl i'm gonna have to change that.

At least you can use those nationalities tho
I have the hardest time coming up with names for countries based on the places they are here so I just quietly scream

Also oml it's so good your story like TBH I really enjoy it. If I had come upon it later I would probably have binge read it like garrett's stuff

SilverMoon 11-29-2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 591901)
I keep having to figure out how character's got their nationalities.
like, Mercer is half-Finnish half-Chinese but he lives in the Middle East? How did his parents get there?
and this one new character is 100% the most stereotypical Hispanic ever and I have no idea how or when he ended up in NSE asdfghjkl i'm gonna have to change that.

same tho
when u hv a half-russian half-greek rich kid who lived in LA and ur like
\_(ツ)_/
I spend so much time figuring out ethnicities and nationalities TBH like
"this one is Portuguese Canadian and lives in New York and this is his entire family history"
"oh yeah... this is a Polish-Czech girl and her Catholic family living in Fresno"
"and here we observe a Buddhist/Hindu Bangladeshi boy who also lives in Fresno"
and I'll be like "hmmm this city, which I gave an Italian name, must have been originally settled by Italians. Since I am vaguely setting this piece somewhere in North America I have to know when Italian immigration to this continent happened..." TBH I rly like this stuff it's gr8 and also gives me a reason to research lmao

and THEN shit gets more complicated when u b like... trying to figure this out in a world u created on ur own

otaku 11-29-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 591941)
same tho
when u hv a half-russian half-greek rich kid who lived in LA and ur like
\_(ツ)_/
I spend so much time figuring out ethnicities and nationalities TBH like
"this one is Portuguese Canadian and lives in New York and this is his entire family history"
"oh yeah... this is a Polish-Czech girl and her Catholic family living in Fresno"
"and here we observe a Buddhist/Hindu Bangladeshi boy who also lives in Fresno"
and I'll be like "hmmm this city, which I gave an Italian name, must have been originally settled by Italians. Since I am vaguely setting this piece somewhere in North America I have to know when Italian immigration to this continent happened..." TBH I rly like this stuff it's gr8 and also gives me a reason to research lmao

and THEN shit gets more complicated when u b like... trying to figure this out in a world u created on ur own

I love doing things live that honestly, it's so interesting ;-;
lol so true man
i'd ask someone a question but oh that's right im the one I'd ask the question to

otaku 11-29-2016 10:01 AM

this chapter is going to be a long one you guys oml. Trying to decide if I want to split it into two or not, we'll have to see. Maybe I'll pull a Garrett and cliffhanger it.

SilverMoon 11-29-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 591945)
I love doing things live that honestly, it's so interesting ;-;
lol so true man
i'd ask someone a question but oh that's right im the one I'd ask the question to

lol yeah the struggle amirite

otaku 12-03-2016 12:03 PM

How the hECK does one pull off clinghangers???? kjdsfjwebfjlker

Gracithe1andonly 12-03-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 592248)
How the hECK does one pull off clinghangers???? kjdsfjwebfjlker

you could take the route that Tolkien took and literally hang someone off a cliff : ))))

july3girl 12-03-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 592252)
you could take the route that Tolkien took and literally hang someone off a cliff : ))))

don't forget rick riordan :)

i've been writing the next chapter for my warrior book and trying to figure out how the book is gonna end and i don't want to make it all too obvious and ugh writing is hard

Garrett 12-03-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 592248)
How the hECK does one pull off clinghangers???? kjdsfjwebfjlker

You just cut it off at the most suspenseful moment.

otaku 12-03-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 592270)
You just cut it off at the most suspenseful moment.

Pretty much what I did. I edited what I had though because meh the last bit was shite so I made it better and voila

otaku 12-03-2016 06:32 PM

oml I'm about to mess things up and everyone /lol who am I kidding veronica is the only one reading and she isn't even on kp/ is going to flip their shit >:} This is great ehehe

Lily09 12-03-2016 06:35 PM

starting a story is the hardest thing ever

otaku 12-05-2016 09:59 AM

i love abusing character kekekekeke let's abuse some more emotional and physical trauma weeeeeeeee

SilverMoon 12-05-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 592321)
i love abusing character kekekekeke let's abuse some more emotional and physical trauma weeeeeeeee

it me

otaku 12-05-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 592323)
it me

Oh shit waddup
But seriously lol. /disembowlment tho I've been wanting to do this for so along and seeing it everywhere else I'm like :) k we cool for this/

otaku 12-10-2016 07:31 PM

gosh darnit I have vampires as evil ish so far in my story and they're pretty feared and all but jesus i have so many thought about them that have just been brewing and i read a bunch of good prompts and stuff agh

otaku 12-10-2016 09:48 PM

I feel like 99% of what i write is halfway a vignette but then I sit down to write one like lol oops interesting i'm going to read thirty how to's.
either way I'm kinda excited about this :>

Zelda 12-10-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 592731)
I feel like 99% of what i write is halfway a vignette but then I sit down to write one like lol oops interesting i'm going to read thirty how to's.
either way I'm kinda excited about this :>

XD yes, same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 592325)
Oh shit waddup
But seriously lol. /disembowlment tho I've been wanting to do this for so along and seeing it everywhere else I'm like :) k we cool for this/

tell me how that goes 'cause it sounds fun c:

otaku 12-10-2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 592732)
XD yes, same.



tell me how that goes 'cause it sounds fun c:

I've a kinda of story to tell through the vignettes but I don't want to fuck uo the vignettes and accidentaly not write a vignette XD
oh it went >:} It's in chapter 25 actually

Lily09 12-11-2016 08:36 PM

gabriel is kind of an ASSHOLE in the beginning of this story but kind of understably so. but i LOV E HIM and i can't wait to introduce jasper and get this jabriel?jaspiel?gasper? ship saILING!!!!

Lily09 12-11-2016 08:38 PM

spoilers :

i'm so >:] about killing off this guard hdhfgh and letting my boy RUN FREE

otaku 12-11-2016 08:39 PM

RAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNN
my writing aesthetic lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.