The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

Rockshadow 05-23-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 571025)
So today at lunch, I got into a heated argument over gay marriage with two of my friends. Basically, they started talking and they're both religious so they're both under the belief that gay marriage is wrong, that gay people are damned to hell because they're different and that it needs to stay illegal where we are. (My friends words: if you want to do that, you need to the leave the state and go somewhere where it's legal so I don't have to see that)

Honestly, this is where religious people really bother me. I mean, if you have a religion that's fine. Personally, I'm agnostic/atheist. But when religious people start saying stuff like that, I get mad. (I've had quite a few bad experiences with the super religious people who can basically make you feel like complete shit because you don't hold their beliefs and then they tell you you're going to hell because you don't read the Bible or go to church.) Like, religious people can sometimes be some of the most judgmental people ever.

Honestly, WHO CARES. With gay marriage, it's not affecting you or your beliefs in any way, and I personally think that the government could be regulating a lot more important things than gay marriage. Who cares who you like? You should have a right to be happy without having to leave your state to go get married. And I mean you don't really get a choice? People are so stuck up with their traditional beliefs that are apparently the gospel from the Bible that they don't realize shaming gay marriage is a form of bullying just because someone is different. All anyone wants is to be happy, is that seriously too much to ask for?

I also didn't realize how strongly I felt about gay marriage until today. But yeah. There's my rant for the day.

Yeah....I have a problem with those types of Christians, because that is not what Jesus would want at all. He even blessed a gay couple, because they had faith in him. http://www.gaychristian101.com/Gay-Centurion.html (I looked it up) The Leviticus verse 20:13, the whole thing that started this mess, is also mistranslated. Christians have to remember that it was in the Old Testament, which was a bunch of rules that Jews had to follow-and if I remember correctly, not eating pork was one of them. Or seafood. Or mixing fabrics. Besides, when Jesus died, it was to absolve us from our sins or something. Jesus loved and accepted everyone, and that is what Christians are called to do-love and accept everyone. Not cherry-pick rules from the Old Testament that suit you best and proclaim that "It's God's word!"

meerkat 05-23-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 571041)
Yeah....I have a problem with those types of Christians, because that is not what Jesus would want at all. He even blessed a gay couple, because they had faith in him. http://www.gaychristian101.com/Gay-Centurion.html (I looked it up) The Leviticus verse 20:13, the whole thing that started this mess, is also mistranslated. Christians have to remember that it was in the Old Testament, which was a bunch of rules that Jews had to follow-and if I remember correctly, not eating pork was one of them. Or seafood. Or mixing fabrics. Besides, when Jesus died, it was to absolve us from our sins or something. Jesus loved and accepted everyone, and that is what Christians are called to do-love and accept everyone. Not cherry-pick rules from the Old Testament that suit you best and proclaim that "It's God's word!"

adding on to that, i found this website awhile ago http://hoperemains.webs.com/ that basically shows that all the "anti-gay" verses in the bible aren't actually supposed to be interpreted like that. so yeah, anyone who uses religion as an excuse to hate people is a horrible person and i will fight them immediately bc of how horrible they are. it's also the reason i refuse to believe in any religion but i don't wanna talk about it

BlueMi 05-23-2015 03:16 PM

tfw
one of your two best friends from 9th grade and half of 10th grades is lost completely because of a serious drug problem. last summer she was in a friend-with-benefits type of relationship with this guy who i used to be friends with and he really really really liked her and she didn't really like him romantically and just used him for experience with kissing and sex type things and she kept hurting him by making out with other guys at parties because she never made it clear she wasn't romantically interested in him. he would always call me and be crying and ask what happened and me and our other friend would try and help him. at a party at the end of the summer she "broke up" with him and he didn't accept it because she hurt him a lot so he grabbed her and forced her to kiss him and touched her some and at the time she just played it off but a couple weeks later she realized it was sexual harassment and she hated him for it. but it was over. her friends with benefits relationship with him was over and she hated him and as time went on, she got worse. everytime she tells the story of the night at the party, it gets worse. i wasn't there. i don't know what happened. sexual assault is never NEVER never acceptable. he didn't have permission to touch her. but he didn't know he was doing anything wrong, and he apologized profusely. that doesn't mean she has to forgive him or ever see him every again in her life, it doesn't mean she has to forgive him. but she wants him dead. she wants him in jail, she wants him ruined so he can never go to college or have a life. she wants him to die. she also began to abuse her prescription drugs and became addicted. the doctors took her off of it but she has found ways to illegally order them online or buy other drugs off of dealers at school. i probably haven't seen her sober in months. and in her mind, she's okay. she's working on a police case against him. she still goes to school and maintains her grades. but there's so much for me to worry about. she's always high. she hangs around with suspicious people who use her for drugs or sex. her parents don't know how to handle her so instead of getting her some sort of help, any sort of help at all, they're just letting her free. they know about her drug problem. they know she often parties and drinks and has sex with adults and these things she does that are so terrifying to me and they don't stop her, because when they try and restrict her freedoms she tries to run away from home. i still talk to her at school, but there's no way for me to be friends with her anymore. it's just too complicated. there's nothing i can do to help without her getting mad at me, because me trying to help always backfires and she just sees it as me snitching or betraying her.
tfw
i'm jealous and possessive and i have symptoms of various mental illnesses but i can't do anything to help them because i have to maintain my mom's standards of being the perfect daughter while she focuses on dealing with stress of work and my dad who she has a lot of problems with and my brother who has all sort of social disorders but i'm always in such a bad place mentally. i'm always so torn between thinking i'm too hot and cool for my boyfriend and being fucking jealous when he.... hangs out with his friends??? like what's wrong with me??? it's unhealthy i;m disgusting he's going camping this weekend with another family who's like a close friend of his from childhood and it's a girl who's his age and her brother who's like 14 and i'm just,,,, my mom wouldn't let me go and he is going to be alone in the woods for 2 nights with no phone service with her and she's going to be in a bahting suit and no matter how many times he tells me everything's ok it isn't. sometimes i look at myself and im like wow im so beautiful and i want to make sure he knows that im too good for him anyway but im not when it comes down to it and im more reliant on him than any person ever should be and it's disgusting im disgusted with myself and i'm always so anxious and lying to everyone lying about everything and im just
tfw
no friends
bad relationship disguised as good
lying about eveyrthugn
shshosji

LizzieS 05-23-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 571044)
tfw
one of your two best friends from 9th grade and half of 10th grades is lost completely because of a serious drug problem. last summer she was in a friend-with-benefits type of relationship with this guy who i used to be friends with and he really really really liked her and she didn't really like him romantically and just used him for experience with kissing and sex type things and she kept hurting him by making out with other guys at parties because she never made it clear she wasn't romantically interested in him. he would always call me and be crying and ask what happened and me and our other friend would try and help him. at a party at the end of the summer she "broke up" with him and he didn't accept it because she hurt him a lot so he grabbed her and forced her to kiss him and touched her some and at the time she just played it off but a couple weeks later she realized it was sexual harassment and she hated him for it. but it was over. her friends with benefits relationship with him was over and she hated him and as time went on, she got worse. everytime she tells the story of the night at the party, it gets worse. i wasn't there. i don't know what happened. sexual assault is never NEVER never acceptable. he didn't have permission to touch her. but he didn't know he was doing anything wrong, and he apologized profusely. that doesn't mean she has to forgive him or ever see him every again in her life, it doesn't mean she has to forgive him. but she wants him dead. she wants him in jail, she wants him ruined so he can never go to college or have a life. she wants him to die. she also began to abuse her prescription drugs and became addicted. the doctors took her off of it but she has found ways to illegally order them online or buy other drugs off of dealers at school. i probably haven't seen her sober in months. and in her mind, she's okay. she's working on a police case against him. she still goes to school and maintains her grades. but there's so much for me to worry about. she's always high. she hangs around with suspicious people who use her for drugs or sex. her parents don't know how to handle her so instead of getting her some sort of help, any sort of help at all, they're just letting her free. they know about her drug problem. they know she often parties and drinks and has sex with adults and these things she does that are so terrifying to me and they don't stop her, because when they try and restrict her freedoms she tries to run away from home. i still talk to her at school, but there's no way for me to be friends with her anymore. it's just too complicated. there's nothing i can do to help without her getting mad at me, because me trying to help always backfires and she just sees it as me snitching or betraying her.
tfw
i'm jealous and possessive and i have symptoms of various mental illnesses but i can't do anything to help them because i have to maintain my mom's standards of being the perfect daughter while she focuses on dealing with stress of work and my dad who she has a lot of problems with and my brother who has all sort of social disorders but i'm always in such a bad place mentally. i'm always so torn between thinking i'm too hot and cool for my boyfriend and being fucking jealous when he.... hangs out with his friends??? like what's wrong with me??? it's unhealthy i;m disgusting he's going camping this weekend with another family who's like a close friend of his from childhood and it's a girl who's his age and her brother who's like 14 and i'm just,,,, my mom wouldn't let me go and he is going to be alone in the woods for 2 nights with no phone service with her and she's going to be in a bahting suit and no matter how many times he tells me everything's ok it isn't. sometimes i look at myself and im like wow im so beautiful and i want to make sure he knows that im too good for him anyway but im not when it comes down to it and im more reliant on him than any person ever should be and it's disgusting im disgusted with myself and i'm always so anxious and lying to everyone lying about everything and im just
tfw
no friends
bad relationship disguised as good
lying about eveyrthugn
shshosji

i'm really sorry mira
i wish i had more to say but i've never experienced any of this (no one has never even had a crush on me and all of my friends are way too innocent to even think about sex or drugs) but i'm really sorry and i hope things get better for you

cloudwriter 05-23-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 571037)
/applauds/

be radical girl
be radical

Hehe thank you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 571041)
Yeah....I have a problem with those types of Christians, because that is not what Jesus would want at all. He even blessed a gay couple, because they had faith in him. http://www.gaychristian101.com/Gay-Centurion.html (I looked it up) The Leviticus verse 20:13, the whole thing that started this mess, is also mistranslated. Christians have to remember that it was in the Old Testament, which was a bunch of rules that Jews had to follow-and if I remember correctly, not eating pork was one of them. Or seafood. Or mixing fabrics. Besides, when Jesus died, it was to absolve us from our sins or something. Jesus loved and accepted everyone, and that is what Christians are called to do-love and accept everyone. Not cherry-pick rules from the Old Testament that suit you best and proclaim that "It's God's word!"

Yes, exactly! Thank you for adding that link. :) Sometimes Christians can be so hypocritical: "God loves everyone, even if you're on a bad path in life you can still change and accept God into your life" but then when it comes to gay couples apparently God no longer loves everyone? It just doesn't make sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 571042)
adding on to that, i found this website awhile ago http://hoperemains.webs.com/ that basically shows that all the "anti-gay" verses in the bible aren't actually supposed to be interpreted like that. so yeah, anyone who uses religion as an excuse to hate people is a horrible person and i will fight them immediately bc of how horrible they are. it's also the reason i refuse to believe in any religion but i don't wanna talk about it

Completely understandable. I feel the same way. And thank you, as well, for that link too. :)

meerkat 05-23-2015 08:49 PM

ugh my toenail fell off when i was biking and it's all bloody and gross >.<
stupid phobia of blood

Rockshadow 05-23-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 571044)
tfw
one of your two best friends from 9th grade and half of 10th grades is lost completely because of a serious drug problem. last summer she was in a friend-with-benefits type of relationship with this guy who i used to be friends with and he really really really liked her and she didn't really like him romantically and just used him for experience with kissing and sex type things and she kept hurting him by making out with other guys at parties because she never made it clear she wasn't romantically interested in him. he would always call me and be crying and ask what happened and me and our other friend would try and help him. at a party at the end of the summer she "broke up" with him and he didn't accept it because she hurt him a lot so he grabbed her and forced her to kiss him and touched her some and at the time she just played it off but a couple weeks later she realized it was sexual harassment and she hated him for it. but it was over. her friends with benefits relationship with him was over and she hated him and as time went on, she got worse. everytime she tells the story of the night at the party, it gets worse. i wasn't there. i don't know what happened. sexual assault is never NEVER never acceptable. he didn't have permission to touch her. but he didn't know he was doing anything wrong, and he apologized profusely. that doesn't mean she has to forgive him or ever see him every again in her life, it doesn't mean she has to forgive him. but she wants him dead. she wants him in jail, she wants him ruined so he can never go to college or have a life. she wants him to die. she also began to abuse her prescription drugs and became addicted. the doctors took her off of it but she has found ways to illegally order them online or buy other drugs off of dealers at school. i probably haven't seen her sober in months. and in her mind, she's okay. she's working on a police case against him. she still goes to school and maintains her grades. but there's so much for me to worry about. she's always high. she hangs around with suspicious people who use her for drugs or sex. her parents don't know how to handle her so instead of getting her some sort of help, any sort of help at all, they're just letting her free. they know about her drug problem. they know she often parties and drinks and has sex with adults and these things she does that are so terrifying to me and they don't stop her, because when they try and restrict her freedoms she tries to run away from home. i still talk to her at school, but there's no way for me to be friends with her anymore. it's just too complicated. there's nothing i can do to help without her getting mad at me, because me trying to help always backfires and she just sees it as me snitching or betraying her.
tfw
i'm jealous and possessive and i have symptoms of various mental illnesses but i can't do anything to help them because i have to maintain my mom's standards of being the perfect daughter while she focuses on dealing with stress of work and my dad who she has a lot of problems with and my brother who has all sort of social disorders but i'm always in such a bad place mentally. i'm always so torn between thinking i'm too hot and cool for my boyfriend and being fucking jealous when he.... hangs out with his friends??? like what's wrong with me??? it's unhealthy i;m disgusting he's going camping this weekend with another family who's like a close friend of his from childhood and it's a girl who's his age and her brother who's like 14 and i'm just,,,, my mom wouldn't let me go and he is going to be alone in the woods for 2 nights with no phone service with her and she's going to be in a bahting suit and no matter how many times he tells me everything's ok it isn't. sometimes i look at myself and im like wow im so beautiful and i want to make sure he knows that im too good for him anyway but im not when it comes down to it and im more reliant on him than any person ever should be and it's disgusting im disgusted with myself and i'm always so anxious and lying to everyone lying about everything and im just
tfw
no friends
bad relationship disguised as good
lying about eveyrthugn
shshosji

*hugs* oh Pokey. :( it's good that you recognized it before it was too late, but please get some help. Tell someone. Your mental health matters way more than any image anyone has of you, I promise. Do you have a counselor at school or something? Please tell someone who can help you before you run yourself into a ditch. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Email me if you ever want to talk about something or someone-I will always listen. I promise. <3 thecheese555@gmail.com

lvhamsters 05-24-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 571025)
So today at lunch, I got into a heated argument over gay marriage with two of my friends. Basically, they started talking and they're both religious so they're both under the belief that gay marriage is wrong, that gay people are damned to hell because they're different and that it needs to stay illegal where we are. (My friends words: if you want to do that, you need to the leave the state and go somewhere where it's legal so I don't have to see that)

Honestly, this is where religious people really bother me. I mean, if you have a religion that's fine. Personally, I'm agnostic/atheist. But when religious people start saying stuff like that, I get mad. (I've had quite a few bad experiences with the super religious people who can basically make you feel like complete shit because you don't hold their beliefs and then they tell you you're going to hell because you don't read the Bible or go to church.) Like, religious people can sometimes be some of the most judgmental people ever.

Honestly, WHO CARES. With gay marriage, it's not affecting you or your beliefs in any way, and I personally think that the government could be regulating a lot more important things than gay marriage. Who cares who you like? You should have a right to be happy without having to leave your state to go get married. And I mean you don't really get a choice? People are so stuck up with their traditional beliefs that are apparently the gospel from the Bible that they don't realize shaming gay marriage is a form of bullying just because someone is different. All anyone wants is to be happy, is that seriously too much to ask for?

I also didn't realize how strongly I felt about gay marriage until today. But yeah. There's my rant for the day.

Hello, yes *raises hand* I'm a very strong Catholic and I'd like to say that those are the kind of people that make religions look bad. I'd also like to apologize for their behavior and how religious people treat gay people. It's incredibly wrong and that just shows that they don't have enough knowledge about their religion. They should really follow the phrase treat others how you'd like to be treated. it's also considered a horrible thing to tell people to go to hell, so shame on them. I'm really sorry people have to deal with people like them. Please don't consider religions to be bad though. There are some good religious people out there. Please don't group all of us as bad.

cloudwriter 05-24-2015 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 571061)
Hello, yes *raises hand* I'm a very strong Catholic and I'd like to say that those are the kind of people that make religions look bad. I'd also like to apologize for their behavior and how religious people treat gay people. It's incredibly wrong and that just shows that they don't have enough knowledge about their religion. They should really follow the phrase treat others how you'd like to be treated. it's also considered a horrible thing to tell people to go to hell, so shame on them. I'm really sorry people have to deal with people like them. Please don't consider religions to be bad though. There are some good religious people out there. Please don't group all of us as bad.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. Of course there are good religious people out there. In fact, one of my other friends is Catholic and she agrees with me. I don't have a problem with other religions. :)

lvhamsters 05-24-2015 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 571062)
Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. Of course there are good religious people out there. In fact, one of my other friends is Catholic and she agrees with me. I don't have a problem with other religions. :)

I didn't mean to accuse you, I'm sorry if it seemed like that!! I just know there are some people out there who would groupd everyone together so...yeah xD


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.