The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   School (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Homework Help (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2770)

MaggieMay 08-15-2012 09:06 PM

Homework Help

Welcome to the thread of Homework Help!!!!!! I know, I know, it doesn't sound that exciting, but let me explain what I'm talking about:

If you need help with your homework, post a comment to this thread, and I--or maybe someone else--will get back to it as soon as I can. Simple enough. Here are the rules:

You can't post specific math problems, or geography questions, etc. and expect them to get answered. That would be cheating, and I'm not a cheater. So, sorry for those of you who were hoping I was!!!!!

What you can do, though, is ask, for example, "Does anyone know how to write algebraic expressions?" or "I can't figure out how to do this algorithm." *gives example* "Can anyone help me? Please?" Or, away from the subject of math: "I'm giving an oral report on Friday. Does anyone have any tips?" or "I'm struggling with this essay, and I want to get a good grade." *gives type of essay* "Can anyone give me tips?" Stuff like that. I don't know if or how we'd do history, geography, or science questions, though...I'll leave that for you to figure out, I guess!

So, this thread will either epically fail, or thrive. I'm not sure which. I'm fairly certain that this is the first thread of its kind, but I may be wrong...so start questioning away!!!

(P.S.: I might be adding some questions of my own, too.)

SilverMoon 08-15-2012 10:51 PM

I shall be doing this. But school hasn't started for me yet, so... Not yet.

LaurenM 08-15-2012 11:06 PM

I want Chinese help...it's going to be so hard to catch up.

avbhabra 08-23-2012 05:44 PM

I haven't go any questions yet. But... I'm starting High School (Canadian standards, second year of Middle school far all you Americans ^_^) any tips? I'm kind of nervous. I hope I don't get lost or anything... This will be really new and I'm... nervous!!

Jesse 08-23-2012 07:36 PM

Solution: Set fire to homework. :cool:

lvhamsters 08-23-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 331743)
I haven't go any questions yet. But... I'm starting High School (Canadian standards, second year of Middle school far all you Americans ^_^) any tips? I'm kind of nervous. I hope I don't get lost or anything... This will be really new and I'm... nervous!!

I am in the same situation. :O But still just be yourself ^^ And if you get your schedule before school starts, plot your course throughout the school. I did that today and it was really helpful.
Except I got mad at my locker and murdered it, but, whatever :D

meerkat 08-23-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 331743)

Get to know some people in higher grades, and ask them for help getting to classes, and if your teachers are mean or anything, and etc. Worked for me...

avbhabra 08-24-2012 02:13 PM

I suppose... But I'm still nervous!! I hope I don't get lost or anything. The school is pretty big. It has 3 floors and trust me, the staircases smell. XD

CACrools 08-24-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 330093)
I want Chinese help...it's going to be so hard to catch up.

I'm kind of good at Chinese, If you want me to help, I will :D

LaurenM 08-25-2012 09:07 AM

How do they teach it in America? Or England, or somewhere else, I don't know.

CACrools 08-25-2012 10:27 AM

Oh, I'm American, and we have a teacher who is from China teach it. However, Myself and a couple other kids were bored in the class, and there is an online program too. So I know it pretty well. If you need any help, I'll be comming on as often as possible.

LaurenM 08-25-2012 10:57 AM

I'm Chinese.
I don't know; I"m too used to thinking in English, so it's hard for me to write in Chinese. I always forget how to write some words.

CACrools 08-26-2012 06:49 PM

Yeah, that makes sense (thinking in English), and I've been doing it since 4th grade (I'm going into eighth) and I still mess up my characters. But I'm really good in speaking, as in speeches. I'm good at memorizing it.

AlgebraAddict 08-26-2012 06:50 PM

*sigh* Homework kind of sucks. D:

MaggieMay 08-26-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 332917)
*sigh* Homework kind of sucks. D:

Agreed... -__-

LaurenM 09-29-2012 12:47 AM

Help.
I really, really, really hate negative numbers...

LaurenM 09-29-2012 12:49 AM

Does (-5)(-2)/(-3)(+1) have a positive or negative result?

L.S.Trendom 09-29-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 344434)
Does (-5)(-2)/(-3)(+1) have a positive or negative result?

Negative.
Order of operations and PEDMAS/BEDMAS and all that. You multiply (-5) and (-2) together to get ten. Then divide it by -3.

LaurenM 09-29-2012 12:56 AM

Thank you! /glomps.
I just don't want to ask my dad again, since he just makes everything so confusing until I feel like punching him and I do so and then everything...just explodes.

L.S.Trendom 09-29-2012 12:58 AM

When in doubt, Google it. ^___^ (Or ask here. But Google is no doubt better at explaining it than me.)

LaurenM 09-29-2012 01:32 AM

I dictionary.com'd 'when given information that is completely correct' when I found out its answer was 'exactly'. I was focusing on the word information.

TheMoonWakedWolf 09-29-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 344438)
Thank you! /glomps.
I just don't want to ask my dad again, since he just makes everything so confusing until I feel like punching him and I do so and then everything...just explodes.

That is exactly what my father does as well. I'll ask him for help on figuring out what a complicated word problem is trying to say, and he'll go off on this long tangent about division and exponents and fractions and X(-53) 639 = 82/159 and junk. ;-;

LaurenM 09-29-2012 01:39 AM

I also hate negative numbers with fractions. And divisions.
Problem is, my dad doesn't get that I have this half-formed concept in my mind and all I need is some confirmation that I'm correct but then he goes off rambling about his OWN concepts until every hint of a concept evaporates ;.;
My knowledge is kind of based on intuitive, actually. I won't last long.

EmmaR 09-29-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CACrools (Post 332915)
Yeah, that makes sense (thinking in English), and I've been doing it since 4th grade (I'm going into eighth) and I still mess up my characters. But I'm really good in speaking, as in speeches. I'm good at memorizing it.

http://s.pikabu.ru/images/big_size_c...227933246.jpeg
I've been taking Chinese since 2nd grade, and I'm in 8th. I'm still not even close to fluent.

Alexa10 09-30-2012 12:24 PM

Me too. I'm in 6th going into 7th and I've been taking German for 7 years. I can speak fluent. It just probably just came to me. Like everybody, it can just come or stay with another person. I guess it just came to me.

blossom 09-30-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa10 (Post 345054)
Me too. I'm in 6th going into 7th and I've been taking German for 7 years. I can speak fluent. It just probably just came to me. Like everybody, it can just come or stay with another person. I guess it just came to me.

Really? I'm in seventh grade and all my school teaches is Spanish and FRench. And what's worse is that if you want to take French, they have you fill out a form and choose the French students by LOTTERY, since they only have like two French teachers in the entire school. Because the school is too lazy to hire more French teachers. :P I wanted to take French. Inevitably, I'm in Spanish.

You can speak FLUENT GERMAN?! Geez, that's good! :D

SilverMoon 10-06-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 331800)
Solution: Set fire to homework. :cool:

My teachers would kill me if I did that. :D

MaggieMay 10-07-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 346895)
My teachers would kill me if I did that. :D

Mine would probably just give a detailed lecture on why it's not productive to set homework on fire.

And then maybe kill me. 8D

EmmaR 10-07-2012 10:12 PM

I HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK AND A FREAKING WRITING ASSIGNMENT!
D:
Feck.

Cherrybomb 10-08-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 347582)
I HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK AND A FREAKING WRITING ASSIGNMENT!
D:
Feck.

When I have that I listen to inspiring music(without lyrics-I'd get distracted xD) while writing. Trust me, it helps. xD

EmmaR 10-08-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb (Post 347749)
When I have that I listen to inspiring music(without lyrics-I'd get distracted xD) while writing. Trust me, it helps. xD

It's gone now, but thanks! Yeah, I think I just listened to Pandora or something. I wrote a vignette about annoying people and noses. I have the Duchess nose, and i'ts awesome.

Jesse 10-09-2012 05:32 PM

Everyone else in science class asking questions: Can you describe the properties of metalloids?

Me asking questions in science class: WHAT IS 'MATTER'. D:

avbhabra 10-10-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 347893)
Everyone else in science class asking questions: Can you describe the properties of metalloids?

We have a 'Properties of Matter' test on Friday + Density. I always get mixed with that. Any tips?

MaggieMay 10-10-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 347893)

Matter? I thought you wanted to know what metalloids were...which I have no clue about.

But matter is anything that takes up space, including air. There are pretty much only three types: gas, liquid, and solid.

If you needed that...I hope it helped. Good luck on your test!

L.S.Trendom 10-10-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 348155)
But matter is anything that takes up space, including air. There are pretty much only three types: gas, liquid, and solid.

Actually, there are like five or six. Or more.
/trollface xP

LaurenM 10-11-2012 12:16 PM

Homework is EATING UP MY LIFE. Algebra is, too.
I like Algebra when I get it, since I was ecstatic when I did, but it sure took me a long time.

MaggieMay 10-11-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 348185)
Actually, there are like five or six. Or more.
/trollface xP

Well...those are the MAIN types...:) I know plasma is one, too, although I'm not quite sure what that is...

DragonRider 10-21-2012 12:58 PM

Help?
Reasons why Queen Mary deserved her title 'Bloody Mary'.
Reasons why she didn't.

*puppy eyes* I'm buried under mountains of homework.

chelseki3 10-21-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonRider (Post 351731)
Help?
Reasons why she didn't.

Ooooh, when me and my friends were at PGL we were going to do Bloody Mary.

You know that thing where you wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom, leave the tap running, light off, say Bloody Mary three times in front of the mirror...and something happens...I dunno. :p

chelseki3 10-21-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonRider (Post 351731)
Help?
Reasons why she didn't.

I hope that helps. :p

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5145926AAsblLF